As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Lego Universe - It's no more.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    oooohhhhhh I hope I get in!

Xaquin on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I wonder why they want my name, address, and first born.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Once you are lost to the Legoverse, Legoclones will take your place, assuring you never have to stop playing.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I stand corrected. Beta Invite Get. Downloading now.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    yeah, if anyone got a key they aren't planning on using

hint hint

Xaquin on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Cabezone wrote: »
    Hours are very limited but at least they have a long Saturday scheduled.

I got on during the "off-time" which was really early this morning so, I might have read the schedules wrong maybe?

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I got invited yayyyyy!

donhonk on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Xaquin wrote: »

hint hint

I rather doubt anyone who signed up for the beta doesn't want a key. :P

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Darmak wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »

hint hint

I rather doubt anyone who signed up for the beta doesn't want a key. :P

a man can hope

Xaquin on
  • Options
    donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Any way to enable anti aliasing?

donhonk on
  • Options
    JerikTelorianJerikTelorian Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Woop got the beta. Downloading now.

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    XBL: LiquidSnake2061
    Shade wrote: »
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
  • Options
    KarmondKarmond Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    donhonk wrote: »
    Any way to enable anti aliasing?
    I was able to use the NVIDIA control panel to add AA.

Karmond on
  • Options
    HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    mmmmm beta.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    got into the beta, ill be playing on saturday I am sure.

Morkath on
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    C'mon, invite, get here faster!

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    oh fuccccccck. I got home from work and went to slept. now i'm back at work and forgot to check my email if I got int he beta or not.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    so how long before they send you an invite anyhow? I signed up but probably didnt get invited :(

M.D. on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    No email, so sad. I even trawled my spam folder on the off-chance. I've thrown my name in for various Betas (and never been picked) in the past but this I really wanted.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    TerroricTerroric Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sad panda. :(
    No invite for me.

Terroric on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    so how long before they send you an invite anyhow? I signed up but probably didnt get invited :(

I signed up 7 hours after the newsletter came out and got mine on the second day of the first wave.

Anyone know if they are just throwing em out or is it gonna be like a set amount getting in per 'wave'.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I signed up 7 hours after the newsletter came out and got mine on the second day of the first wave.

Anyone know if they are just throwing em out or is it gonna be like a set amount getting in per 'wave'.

I signed up with 5 minutes of getting the newsletter. But it sounds like the closed beta only just recently started.

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    More to come I suppose

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    KarmondKarmond Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Wow, the way the lego forums are run is such a joke. Someone posted in a thread mentioning that he/she had set the game resolution too high and couldn't even get back ingame to turn it back down. So I wrote a reply mentioning the location of the settings file and how to edit it. I had to keep the post below 600 characters (post limit), couldn't use the '<' character (the settings file is a .xml that has lots of them) and then waited over 12 hours for the post to be approved or disapproved by a moderator. Turned out to be the latter. Since then the thread has filled up with suggestions such as 'set compatibility to run in 640x480 mode!' (which doesn't work) and 'there is no settings file, delete and reinstall the game!'

I really hope this isn't how they're going to run their support forum when the game is out, having to wait over a day for your issue and getting a potential solution to be displayed is a bit unhelpful.

Karmond on
  • Options
    TerroricTerroric Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    wooow.. That's a shame.

You guys are receiving e-mails for beta invites, right? You're not logging into the website to find out, correct?

Terroric on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yeah you get an e-mail with your code, then you go to the site to put it into your account and download the client.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    My character is Jerik, BTW, in case someone wants to add me to their friends list.

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I wish they'd have playtimes for when I'm actually at home. I only managed to play for about 5 minutes Thursday and about 20 minutes today before I had to get ready for work. At least I'll be off Sunday to play.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It'll open up soon enough hopefully, ya know how it is.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I hope so, it's been fun so far. Can I say that? Does the STATEMENT OF SECRECY allow me to? I don't know!

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I guess you can say that

Personally I wouldn't want you saying anything bad before beta, so I certainly wouldn't be taking the stand if you want to say something good that would be okay.

If I was a beta-runner person.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just want to chime in that the beta forums are TERRIBAD and make me REALLY worry about the amount of feedback the dev team is ACTUALLY getting from the players

I refer to champions online- where the devs were REALLY looking for input from players, and the game I played in early beta is VERY different then the game I am playing now

VERY worried that my concerns are not being heard because I submitted several posts (and tried to work with the 600 char limit) about the issues and suggestions I had on THURSDAY, and they have not been posted yet.

Very worried

Arch on
  • Options
    Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Methinks with all the publishers legal Lego™ mumbojumbo on the project. I'd suspect it's all about server stress and bugs, and not about refining gameplay as much (at all).

To be vague I'll probly give this a pass at launch. Very strong Free Realms vibe. Which I can't say is surprising given the target audience

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Just want to chime in that the beta forums are TERRIBAD and make me REALLY worry about the amount of feedback the dev team is ACTUALLY getting from the players

I refer to champions online- where the devs were REALLY looking for input from players, and the game I played in early beta is VERY different then the game I am playing now

VERY worried that my concerns are not being heard because I submitted several posts (and tried to work with the 600 char limit) about the issues and suggestions I had on THURSDAY, and they have not been posted yet.

Very worried

You could drop them an email from the in-game help interface. I also suspect that, as developers, they know just how silly those geese are on the forums and are putting more weight on the surveys (which don't seem to have character limits) and emails. I make most of my big points in those post-play surveys anyway.

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian

• Options
    RothgarrRothgarr Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Didn't realize that I got an invite. Patching now. Guess I have to wait until Thursday to play.

Rothgarr on
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    yep, I just an invite as well. Of course I am headed out of town this weekend, on Thursday specifically, so I won't be able to play until next week. And unless someone steals it, my nick will be deveric :P

deveric on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    man, still no invite =(

Xaquin on
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    What is everyone choosing for their elected "experiece" with MMO's when they sign up?

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Arch wrote: »

Very worried

You could drop them an email from the in-game help interface. I also suspect that, as developers, they know just how silly those geese are on the forums and are putting more weight on the surveys (which don't seem to have character limits) and emails. I make most of my big points in those post-play surveys anyway.

I did that already and got this back
    Hi There Explorer,

Thank you for your email reporting a bug in LEGO Universe.
    Unfortunately, the LEGO Universe Support Team is only available during the following hours:

Thursday – 17.00 – 03.00 CET (Central European Time)
    Saturday - 20:00 and 02:00 CET
    Sunday - 14:00 and 17:00 CET

We will try to answer your question and/or concern as quickly as possible but there may be a delay in getting back to you out of hours.

We thank you for your continued support and hope to speak to you soon.

LEGO Universe Support Team

really not liking the lack of discourse between developers and playtesters

like someone said upthread- I think this is all really stress/bug testing and I doubt any of our complaints will actually be listened to or considered

Arch on
  • Options
    TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Got an invite today. Installing now. How is the game, actually? Fun, trivial, boring?

Topia on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    guess you'll find out in a bit

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png