Options

you selected you

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Monkeybomb wrote:
    bestevez.jpg

bestevez2.jpg
    Favlaud or somebody used it right before my brain went all afterburner and the fucker stuck in my head. I knew of it long before but I didn't particularly care for that meme-word. Dang it!

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    The_Indigo_ApocalypseThe_Indigo_Apocalypse Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Hello, Indigo. How's things?

Fine and daaandy thanks! I just had mac 'n' cheese, so everything is right with the world.

How about with yourself Darth?

The_Indigo_Apocalypse on
  • Options
    SephSeph Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The Sneak! wrote:
    Hey, Seph. I'm replaying Xenogears, and I just got past the part in your sig last night. Good times.
    Awesomesauce the classics never die, but the soul still burns.

reactivated wow waitin for BC to come out

Seph on
    doit.png
  • Options
    MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    That was just as much as I could fit on my screen for a screenshot.

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Let's see if Dyna can remember what he knows about me.
    Too much. We've talked a bunch.

Ex-military, Marine I believe, you've lived in my town for some time and worked in bars and are now up in Dallas. You might still be doing bar type work up there. You have a sister that you are proud of and ignored the comments of the SE++ crowd regarding her. You are probably rather close to my age but I would have to guess you are about 26.

You try a little too hard to fit in here when you'd probably be better served by easing up a little bit and watching the forum crowd mill about to get a better idea of who is who instead of hi5ing with abandon. There are a few fuckers here and they love setting people up for an eventual shanking.

Only corrections I have are that I just turned 29 and that laughing at potty humor isn't necessarily hi5ing. Oh, and I sell IT to corporations. Otherwise, kisses to Dyna and Gus.

p.s. I think it's bitchin' that you've actually had the opportunity to work on space shit.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    But yeah I could see that. Like, when you get an impurity in there it's hard to get out.

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Seph wrote:
    The Sneak! wrote:
    Hey, Seph. I'm replaying Xenogears, and I just got past the part in your sig last night. Good times.

I'm far too poor to do that, but I'm kind of burned out on MMORPGs anyhow.

Vanguard is pretty terrible.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Monkeybomb wrote:
    I have been using it a lot, like way too much. Oh god, don't even run a search on Timberlake lyrics. You'll break the BBCode search engine.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Monkeybomb wrote:
    But yeah I could see that. Like, when you get an impurity in there it's hard to get out.
    It's more like I get too tired and worn down and think I am super brilliant but I'm just getting scarier and flightier and random shit is getting stuck in my head and I have no idea why I keep using them and oh god did I just type another Bringing Sexy Back???

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Monkeybomb wrote:
    I have been using it a lot, like way too much. Oh god, don't even run a search on Timberlake lyrics. You'll break the BBCode search engine.
    cry me a river

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    The Sneak! wrote:
    Seph wrote:
    The Sneak! wrote:

Yeah I'm pretty burned about how it would turn out. You would think so much talent at one place would bring nothing but awesome but it fails so hard you lose desire in the whole genre itself. After im done with BC im done with MMORPGS

Seph on
    doit.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007

Fine and daaandy thanks! I just had mac 'n' cheese, so everything is right with the world.

Can't complain as I got me some ass this weekend. Beyond that, I hung out with J.Grant who is completely different in person (aren't we all?) and I woke up at an ungodly hour on Sunday to attend a church service with my family who neglected to tell me it was at 11 a.m.

And I'm cooking some pasta for dinner myself, by the way.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Seph wrote:
    The Sneak! wrote:
    Seph wrote:
    The Sneak! wrote:

Yeah I'm pretty burned about how it would turn out. You would think so much talent at one place would bring nothing but awesome but it fails so hard you lose desire in the whole genre itself. After im done with BC im done with MMORPGS

I wouldn't say I am. I just need something different. Hell, Ultima Online is still fun, simply because it's not the fucking same as everything else.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    edited January 2007

Can't complain as I got me some ass this weekend. Beyond that, I hung out with J.Grant who is completely different in person (aren't we all?) and I woke up at an ungodly hour on Sunday to attend a church service with my family who neglected to tell me it was at 11 a.m.

And I'm cooking some pasta for dinner myself, by the way.

Oh yeah, J. Grant made a thread about that. It sounded like all sorts of hilarity. That girl you were with sounded like a complete airhead, hahaha.

Hahaaaa, I'm glad I don't have to wake up at ungodly hours on Sunday to go to Church only to find out it was at a later time.

Pasta is always a good thing. What kind are ya makin'?

The_Indigo_Apocalypse on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Monkeybomb wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Monkeybomb wrote:
    cry me a river
    Nah, I don't think I will, scrawny Freeman dude. My tear ducts be like the Gobi Desert.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Oh yeah, J. Grant made a thread about that. It sounded like all sorts of hilarity. That girl you were with sounded like a complete airhead, hahaha.

You should read the whole thread so far; pics will be coming soon.

Marinated chicken breast stuffed with parmigiano and prosciutto over a bed of spaghetti pomodoro and topped with a white wine, olive oil and mushrooms.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    The Sneak! wrote:
    Seph wrote:
    The Sneak! wrote:

Too bad Xenosaga was total balls. Fucking game. Gah!

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    The Sneak! wrote:
    Seph wrote:
    The Sneak! wrote:
    Seph wrote:
    The Sneak! wrote:

I wouldn't say I am. I just need something different. Hell, Ultima Online is still fun, simply because it's not the fucking same as everything else.

Yeah, but even Ultima has begun to eat it's own tail so to speak. Corporations, across the board lack uniqueness and the riskyness to take the chances on interesting mechanics.

Ultima has since re-copied parts of eq which took a few leads from UO to begin with thus partially erasing the unmolested terrain UO once possesed. Corporations used the EQ model because it was successful then copied off parts of other games and a ton off of wow being at 8mil its really just the same game mechanics being passed down to each game, diverging from that risks capital losses and being unable to continue in the field.

I doubt we will ever really see an innovative mmorpg, ever really. Each one is just going to be marginally better than the last and some will be no better (vanguard)

Ultima had no template, and we can't really count Meridian 59, I don't believe. My mmorpg heart truly died when UO:2 got cancelled 60% through production.

Seph on
    doit.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:

If there is a God, he will give us a sequel to Vagrant Story. Or at least a remake.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited January 2007

You should read the whole thread so far; pics will be coming soon.

Marinated chicken breast stuffed with parmigiano and prosciutto over a bed of spaghetti pomodoro and topped with a white wine, olive oil and mushrooms.

Hahaha, oh god, I bet those pictures will be all sorts of funny.

...what you're making totally beats out the mac I just had.

T_T

The_Indigo_Apocalypse on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Hahaha, oh god, I bet those pictures will be all sorts of funny.

...what you're making totally beats out the mac I just had.

T_T

The pictures? Maybe; I don't have a clear recollection of how many he took. As for the pasta, I'll cook some for you and send it via mail; is the standard five-day mail okay with you or would you just like a recipe?

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    you should post that recipe darth

plz

i am collecting them and your pasta sounded hella good

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    t Darth: How about just the recipe? Because I'm thinking by the time I would get your package, the dish would be cold. I don't particularly enjoy cold pasta. (thanks though!)

The_Indigo_Apocalypse on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:

If there is a God, he will give us a sequel to Vagrant Story. Or at least a remake.

No. Just fucking stop. They will find some way to fuck it up with either a remake or a sequel.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    man, learning piano through monkey island songs is hard

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I never played Vagrant Story.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    t Darth: How about just the recipe? Because I'm thinking by the time I would get your package, the dish would be cold. I don't particularly enjoy cold pasta. (thanks though!)

I'll PM it to you tomorrow.

To Sneak: A man can dream, can't he?

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited January 2007

I'll PM it to you tomorrow.

To Sneak: A man can dream, can't he?

Yay! :D

Danke!

The_Indigo_Apocalypse on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:
    it's good but goddamn is it a bitch to learn

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    PipTheFair wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    it's good but goddamn is it a bitch to learn

The hard part is really conditioning your equipment and having it build up levels of elements. That shit was time-consuming.

But sooooo rewarding.

paku: Okay, I'll post it then.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    hooray

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Druhim wrote:
    If you loved her you would kick instead of punch.
    Straight up elbow drops delivered from the ceiling as if he was WWE Spider-Man.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Is Vagrant Story a game where you get to be a bum? That would be cool. Your whole mission would be to forage for food and bottles all day to survive against cruel fratboys, the elements, other bums and your need to eat. Then at night you would stake out different places to sleep and try to get there before other hobos do.

Hmmm...

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Options
    DarkHawkeDarkHawke Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    trentsteel wrote:
    Is Vagrant Story a game where you get to be a bum? That would be cool. Your whole mission would be to forage for food and bottles all day to survive against cruel fratboys, the elements, other bums and your need to eat. Then at night you would stake out different places to sleep and try to get there before other hobos do.

Hmmm...

No, but you can see the main character's bum.

Constantly.

And the character is a dude.

Assless chaps in battle.

DarkHawke on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    DarkHawke wrote:

Constantly.

Assless chaps in battle.

Ashley Riot is a sexy bitch; I'd hit it.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The storyline and characters in Vagrant Story were top notch, but the combat could have used a major overhaul, though I loved the way it was shooting for something fairly new. It was fun for a while, but then got way tiresome and boring towards the later part. Also, Ashley is a girl's name.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    DarkHawke wrote:
    trentsteel wrote:

Hmmm...

Constantly.

Assless chaps in battle.

And you fight a villain who wears only gloves and ay low cut skirt. A very, very low cut skirt.

This villain is also a dude.

:winky:

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    lostwords wrote:
    The storyline and characters in Vagrant Story were top notch, but the combat could have used a major overhaul, though I loved the way it was shooting for something fairly new. It was fun for a while, but then got way tiresome and boring towards the later part. Also, Ashley is a girl's name.

So is Jeyne (Cobb) but you don't see me questioning the sexuality of either one. Yup, the timing got reeeaaallll tricky when you were trying to nail down that 30 combo string; took me forever to get it right. I think they were actually onto something with the way it blended action and turn based, strategy and intensity. Parasite Eve had the same system, right? Always wanted to try it out....

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    lostwords wrote:
    Also, Ashley is a girl's name.

OK but have you seen Evil Dead?

Defender on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    lostwords wrote:

So is Jeyne (Cobb) but you don't see me questioning the sexuality of either one. Yup, the timing got reeeaaallll tricky when you were trying to nail down that 30 combo string; took me forever to get it right. I think they were actually onto something with the way it blended action and turn based, strategy and intensity. Parasite Eve had the same system, right? Always wanted to try it out....

Yeah, Vagrant Story was like the middle ground between Square's more traditional rpgs and Parasite Eve's kinda more action-y combat (sorry, at a los to describe it better). Its worth tracking down Parasite Eve 1 for the play through, though avoiding Parasite Eve 2 is a pretty good idea. Its just... blah.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!