As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mario + Tetris = Awesome

NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Games and Technology
http://www.freemariogames.org/play/tuper-tario-tros.html

I guarantee that this will be an extremely pleasant surprise. I didn't know what to expect at all. Now I want this made into a full game.
Disclaimer:

If you don't like Mario, or Tetris, or both, you might not be pleasantly surprised, and probably have no soul.

IHZR47b.png
Nerdtendo on

• Options
    4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Okay, this is pretty awesome.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    that's neat, but the controls are sort of dodgy

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Skelly BSkelly B Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    This would be much better as a two player experience.

Skelly B on
  • Options
    NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Skelly B wrote: »
    This would be much better as a two player experience.

Fuck yes. That's genius. You deserve a Nobel Peace Prize or some shit.

Nerdtendo on
    IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Holy shit. HOLY SHIT.

This game. Holy shit. Somebody get Miyamoto on the phone. Land the creator a contract or something. I need more.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    This is pretty damn cool.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    GSMGSM Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Can't duck, filling the tower at the end has a stupid time limit. Reminds me of http://www.retrosabotage.com

GSM on
    We'll get back there someday.
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Good idea, terrible control and level design. You couldn't enjoy either part of the game because you were too busy just trying to lay out large spans of blocks (of which squares were USELESS and I kept getting multiple in a row) to cover the big gap because the screen doesn't stop scrolling and will push you off the end. And I got trapped a few times because you can duck and the levels seem like they were designed with wall jumps in mind, despite being unable to do them.

But really cool concept, just the level design needs to be thought out a bit more.

edit: LOL, the Pong Back and Forth game from Retro Sabotage is totally my childhood and life talking with my friends.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I would've liked it better if it weren't scrolling. The time limit is good enough.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man that is super cool. Reminds of Harry Hatsworth but a little different.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Raining Goombas on you whilst having to build the castle? Evil, but genius. :P

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    LagnarLagnar Halifax, Nova scotiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    This is pretty great, filling the tower in while having goombas dropped on you is a proving to be a challenge though.

Lagnar on