As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Computer won't stay off.

Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open thatTrap Door!Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Every time I shut this down it reboots apparently of it's own free will. Either by pressing the power button or by using Shutdown. Wake on lan isn't on. Automatic restart is off and it doesn't offer up any errors. Running various scans now, it's very annoying.
Earlier when I put Sleep on, the computer spazzed out and i had to re-configure my BIOS, basically just restoring defaults, and everything seems fine in there.
Any ideas?

Ginger Mijango on

• proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    What happens when you pull the plug, then plug it back in?

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Turns itself on if plugged back in right away, if left for a few minutes it'll stay off.
    It's set to stay Powered Off on AC loss though.

Ginger Mijango on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I've never seen/fixed stuff like this but popping the CMOS battery out for 30 seconds can't hurt.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It indeed did not hurt, reset the bios again, reloaded the defaults again, computer will now shutdown properly. Cheers for the help.

Ginger Mijango on