Options

Im a dad!

• Options
    CalebrosCalebros a k a TimesNewPwnin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    mrpaku wrote:
    if you name a kid beef, you are basically daring god to make him five-six and like 110 lbs

i did not think about that

but that would not prevent him from working out and being bulky as shit

and if the kid is scrawny you can just make another, name that one Beef, change the other ones name to something, and repeat until you get a successful Beef child

Calebros on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I remember reading EGM one time during my teenage years and there was a letter talking about how a nerd and his nerd-wife named their daughter Rinoa after the Final Fantasy VIII character. I shared this story years later with the girlfriend and she loved the name and I had to explain to her that, no, it was not a good name because of the horrible implications it would put on us.
    She has not played nor seen Final Fantasy so I guess I understand how she wouldn't realize what she was saying.

women.

I'm not getting how she ended up saying that she thought it was a good name. Did you ask her if she thought it was good? Because she shouldn't have been talking unless you asked her a direct question.

Defender on
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    uc4life: Your first child is a masculine child. Jesus, he's 5 weeks before his due date and he's that big? Invest in Nike is all I'm sayin'.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Calebros wrote:
    Defender wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    Defender wrote:
    "Cool" names for your kids are stupid and just make them look like they are dorks with dorky, borderline-abusive parents. You wanna use those "cool" names? Put them on your dog. Rotties named "Panzer" do not raise an eyebrow. Children named "Panzer" do.

Unless it's a boy and you're naming him Sue. And you're Johnny Cash.

Dorky, definitely. Borderline abusive? I dunno about that, duder.

You know, like, psychological abuse. Naming a boy "Darthmaul" because you are a pathetic dork basically invites him to have no friends. It's far worse than an ordinary name like Reginald ("Reggie" is OK) or Julian (people will just assume he's gay, but at least "Jules" seems less gay).

what about the name Beef

it is not nerdy

the kid would grow up being the most manly and popular of all the school kids

My nickname is Beef.

I like it as a nick name, but if I were actually named that, I'd probably be kind of upset.

sarukun on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2007
    It is like if a pair of nerds named their son Darth.

I'm sorry, sure sure the original trilogy is awesome, sure sure.

But god damn it, Darth Williamson is going to get his nerdspawn ass beat every fucking day of his life because of your bullshit.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Congratulations, cat poster.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    sarukun wrote:
    Calebros wrote:
    Defender wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    Defender wrote:
    "Cool" names for your kids are stupid and just make them look like they are dorks with dorky, borderline-abusive parents. You wanna use those "cool" names? Put them on your dog. Rotties named "Panzer" do not raise an eyebrow. Children named "Panzer" do.

You know, like, psychological abuse. Naming a boy "Darthmaul" because you are a pathetic dork basically invites him to have no friends. It's far worse than an ordinary name like Reginald ("Reggie" is OK) or Julian (people will just assume he's gay, but at least "Jules" seems less gay).

what about the name Beef

it is not nerdy

My nickname is Beef.

I like it as a nick name, but if I were actually named that, I'd probably be kind of upset.

you only say that because your real name isn't Beef

Calebros on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Calebros wrote:
    sarukun wrote:
    Calebros wrote:
    Defender wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    Defender wrote:

what about the name Beef

it is not nerdy

My nickname is Beef.

Could be worse, your nickname could be "Lowtax".

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Calebros wrote:
    sarukun wrote:
    Calebros wrote:
    Defender wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    Defender wrote:

what about the name Beef

it is not nerdy

My nickname is Beef.

No, I'm pretty sure I'd be ticked off if my parents decided to name me after cow meat.

sarukun on
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    my dad wanted to name me wolfgang and i am so glad he did not because i could not rock that at all

mrpaku on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2007
    Defender's real name is Stepladder Cattle O'Brien

Knob on
  • Options
    edited January 2007

But god damn it, Darth Williamson is going to get his nerdspawn ass beat every fucking day of his life because of your bullshit.

Coming from a dude who uses "Darth" as his handle, I agree.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Calebros wrote:
    sarukun wrote:
    Calebros wrote:
    Defender wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    Defender wrote:

what about the name Beef

it is not nerdy

My nickname is Beef.

Could be worse, your nickname could be "Lowtax".

I like my nickname.

I'm saying that I wouldn't like it if it was my real name.

So, after further analysis, yes, you're right, having a nickname that I don't like would definitely be worse than having a nickname I do like.

Or were you suggesting being nicknamed Lowtax would be worse than being actually named Beef?

sarukun on
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2007
    Marathon wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    I've always liked Seph as a boy's name. It's cool and unique and isn't borderline abusive. Plus it has a tinge of FFVII that most people won't ever pick up on anyway.

Probably for the best on account that it's totally gay.

Your face is gay.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    redimpulseredimpulse Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    My father almost named me Hawkeye.

redimpulse on
    rbsig.jpg
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007

And he'd be the hardest son of a bitch in the world because of it.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    My mom wanted to name my brother Dominic. My dad put his foot down and he became Nicholas. I can't imagine having to call him 'Dom'. WTF mom?

Then she goes and names my little sister after BOTH my grandmothers. You've seen my last name, it's 12 letters long with 4 syllables (5 with the original Italian pronunciation), so this woman gives my sis a 9-letter, 3-syllable first name that cannot be easily shortened. Thank god she restrained herself and gave her 'Rose' as a middle name.
    All in all her name totals: 25letters, 8syllables.

People, don't do this to your children. They still have to go through kindergarten/first-grade.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Peter Ebel wrote:

And he'd be broken, pathetic, resentful motherfucker because of it.

sarukun on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Callius wrote:
    Knob made his child's middle name "Danger."

I'm sorry, but that's FUCKING AWESOME.
    My middle name sake was king of the homp slave owners back in the day in ye olde ancient Greece...

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    My mom wanted to name my brother Dominic. My dad put his foot down and he became Nicholas. I can't imagine having to call him 'Dom'. WTF mom?

Then she goes and names my little sister after BOTH my grandmothers. You've seen my last name, it's 12 letters long with 4 syllables (5 with the original Italian pronunciation), so this woman gives my sis a 9-letter, 3-syllable first name that cannot be easily shortened. Thank god she restrained herself and gave her 'Rose' as a middle name.

People, don't do this to your children. They still have to go through kindergarten/first-grade.

man

i have 5 syllables total

2 if you 86 my middle name

edit: wait its 4

i hate my middle name so much i dont even know how many syllables it has

Calebros on
  • Options
    edited January 2007

My last name is Fattorini.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    redimpulse wrote:
    I'm having a hard time hating that name. I can just imagine it.
    "Oh hi, my name is Erin, what's your name?"
    "Hawkeye. Hawkeye Razorwind Steel."
    The hands would shoot to the hips out of reflex and you'd look off to the horizon as you said it, then wind would blow your hair back. That's what happens.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    My dad is Curtis Eugene *last name* Junior. I would have been Curtis Eugene *last name* III if not for my mother. I have two younger brothers who barely dodged that bullet as well.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    i really like my name but i sort of wish i could say i was named for the saint and not that kid off eight is enough who grew up to develop a serious drug problem

they could have just lied to me

mrpaku on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm a Junior.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    uc4lifeuc4life Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    redimpulse wrote:
    I'm having a hard time hating that name. I can just imagine it.
    "Oh hi, my name is Erin, what's your name?"
    "Hawkeye. Hawkeye Razorwind Steel."
    The hands would shoot to the hips out of reflex and you'd look off to the horizon as you said it, then wind would blow your hair back. That's what happens.

I wonder if its too late to use that name for my son, not sure i could get my wife to agree though

uc4life on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:
    I'm a Junior.

You wouldn't have wanted to be a Third, trust me. Growing up as "Third the Turd" would have broken anyone.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2007
    Peter Ebel wrote:

And he'd be the hardest son of a bitch in the world because of it.

Contrary to popular belief, getting your toys broken and your face spit on by a bunch of bigger kids does not magically transform you into some sort of gigantic unstoppable fighting force.

It turns you into one of those kids who wears trenchcoats and tells bullshit stories about how you totally survived a knife fight with seven mexicans at the mall and all you got was this tiny wound on your neck that you are covering with a tiny band-aid that looks a lot like a popped zit.

You know, kinda like Commie.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    redimpulse wrote:

Is your last name Pierce?

Did he name you Benjamin Franklin instead?

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Knob wrote:
    Defender's real name is Stepladder Cattle O'Brien

My parents loved Monty Python's absurdist take on life a little too much.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    It turns you into one of those kids who wears trenchcoats and tells bullshit stories about how you totally survived a knife fight with seven mexicans at the mall and all you got was this tiny wound on your neck that you are covering with a tiny band-aid that looks a lot like a popped zit.

God, you are bringing back memories of someone I used to know and then beat the shit out of one night.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    My dad is Curtis Eugene *last name* Junior. I would have been Curtis Eugene *last name* III if not for my mother. I have two younger brothers who barely dodged that bullet as well.

My name has "III" tacked onto the end, and I insist upon producing a fourth.

Defender on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Larlar wrote:
    Marathon wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    I've always liked Seph as a boy's name. It's cool and unique and isn't borderline abusive. Plus it has a tinge of FFVII that most people won't ever pick up on anyway.

Probably for the best on account that it's totally gay.

Your face is gay.

All im sayin is that trying to name your kid after Sphiroth on the sly is a good way to doom him to a lifetime of snickers from the other dads that get the joke and the rest of the people around him calling him Seth or something.

Marathon on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Defender wrote:

Did people call you a turd? If not, you got lucky.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    sundayssundays Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    i know a guy who's the seventh

hans peter something vii

sundays on
    siggerdigger.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:
    I'm a Junior.

You wouldn't have wanted to be a Third, trust me. Growing up as "Third the Turd" would have broken anyone.
    Thirds are almost always dickheads. It is one of those things. I assume they only get worse...

Edit: See Defender above.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    my family sort of passes down middle names

my dad's first name is my middle name and his dad's middle name is my brother's middle name

i like this system

mrpaku on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I have the whitest name ever

My roommate was really surprised when he met me

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Defender wrote:

I see that your family has a long history of being Dicks.

OH-HO HO!

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    jago668jago668 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I used to have a roommate whose middle name was Aragorn.

As for me, my dad and I have the same initials, but different first names. JHW, he is Jack, and I'm James. They had to through the scheme off with my half sister though.

I'm named James, dad Jack, mom Janis, stepdad John, half brother Jon, stepmother Julia. My sister, named Sarah. I mean wtf, couldn't it have been Jennifer or Jessica or something.

jago668 on
    Tanks. Dieing so you don't have to.