As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So. What should I bring?

2»

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, someone kinda mentioned it above, and while I've never been to PAX I've been in other situations where it's come up.

Silver and Black Sharpies. You can get just about anything signed with those two colors. Your DS, your glasses case, your graphing calculator...

Oh yeah, so worth it.

Delmain on
  • Options
    undeadundead Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    the_stamy wrote: »
    So PAX is allowing us to bring in food and drinks?

I could be wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure PAX Prime has always allowed outside food or drink.

You just can't try to SELL food or drink in the convention center due to their vendor contracts. East should be the same. So long as you're the one who'll be eating/drinking it there shouldn't be a problem...

Pretty much what he said. So long as you are not giving outside food to someone else they will usually leave you alone, but that's not a guarantee.
    Whatever you do, do not eat anything in front of the Hynes food area outside the main hall on the first floor. It's directly in front of their restaurant.
    Also, to dealer's or companies setting up, be very carefull with food. Do not let anyone see it, do not try to sell it, and when you do eat, do it fast. A few years there was a dealer that had volunteers help him set up. He gave pizza away to them as a thank you. One of the Hynes managers saw this and was all over both him and the convention being held there at the time. Ever since, they've been particular watchfull of the dealer's room.

undead on
    As I am, so shall ye be.

Yahoo group GCIACST
  • Options
    CoctopusCoctopus Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    mcybela18 wrote: »
    Coctopus wrote: »
    Even if they don't allow food, the convention center is attached to a mall with a food court. There are also a ton of food options in the surrounding area including a Shaw's (a grocery store). Trust me, cheap edible food won't be hard to find.
    Awesome, so when I get bored I can go shopping next door? lol

(I'm going with my boyfriend, and I'll enjoy it but I know after a couple hours I will need a break)

Yup, you can actually go shopping in two different places. The Prudential Center is pretty much like any normal mall, but if you continue on over a sky bridge you can get to Copley Place which is home to much fancier/expensive stores (Tiffany's, Sony Store, Louis Vuitton, etc).

Coctopus on
  • Options
    FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I was too lazy to check if people thought about bringing extra controllers / instruments. Sounds like a life saver for those who bring their consoles to the hotel room.

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    i am on the fence on bringing my 360... i'm not gonna bring it to the convention for sure, but i would definitely hook it up in the hotel... then again i will play plenty of games without bringing it so yeahhh..
    i might bring a 360 pad just in case.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    oogmaroogmar Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    A DS will do you very well at PAX.

If you find yourself stumbling into a PCFP channel and spamming drawings of dicks, I will find you and punch you in the face.

Off the clock, of course. ;)

But seriously? A bag of some sort that won't have to be extensively searched (I don't know if Hynes folks will be more interested in the contents of your bags, sofar as I know, the Seattle Convention folks are pretty lax on this point), a DS, some cash in case of hunger, and a really great attitude. Great attitudes ftw. And if you could bring some patience, we also love that. :)

Keep in mind, please, everyone, that at Boston everybody will be new to everything. It'll be like five years back, only bigger.

oogmar on
    Rane, you lazy bastard, you can shut the hell up.

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm going with my boyfriend, and I'll enjoy it but I know after a couple hours I will need a break

This is what I thought when I came to PAX in 2008 with LewieP - I said I'd just go shopping when I got bored, expecting to last out the Friday, but head for the shops on the Saturday.

I wasn't bored once. I met lots of fab people, hung out, saw some panels, some discussions, and had a great time. I wasn't even a gamer then, just a soft mummy. I'm so looking forward to coming to Boston, cos this time, I do play games, I know much more about gaming, and I know I'll be meeting up with the amazing people I met last time, and be making more friends as well :)

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    Stick32Stick32 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Get them to sign a samurai sword.

Oh no, not another weapons policy discussion...

could always bring a Cardboard tube... next best thing to a samuri sword, plus I'm sure Gabe would appreciate the reference :mrgreen: though on second thought that may constitute a weapon as well ;)

Stick32 on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Coctopus wrote: »
    Even if they don't allow food, the convention center is attached to a mall with a food court. There are also a ton of food options in the surrounding area including a Shaw's (a grocery store). Trust me, cheap edible food won't be hard to find.
    Awesome, so when I get bored I can go shopping next door? lol

(I'm going with my boyfriend, and I'll enjoy it but I know after a couple hours I will need a break)

I know I will at least be drinking and shopping on Newbury part of one day as one of my SE++ comrades and I make a habit of this now anywho. Us + booze + Lush = way too many purchased bath bombs. But if you would like to know some nice places to drink and shop I can help there.

VisionOfClarity on
This discussion has been closed.