Oh god, fucking shit, fuck.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    one time i was boogyin' around my cousin's cottage on a moped

poppin' wheelies and shit

thought i was so awesome

i tried to do a stoppie

i went ass over tea-kettle the front of the bike, put my arms out front of me so as not to eat a facefull of gravel

and in doing so dislocated both my shoulders

Pony on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    pony you shoulda rolled dogg

Raneados on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    i have a huge piece of glass in my foot somewhere

i lost sight of it

Still there? When I was younger I had a giant splinter get stuck in my palm. It's still there, deep in the skin and visible.

Other than that, I had my fingers smashed so that all that was left was bone. That was awesome!

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    but seriously

fractured

sternum

D:D:D:

Pony on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I was at a concert a few years ago and was in the pit to this song
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agdu9IQoywE

Cracked two ribs. Coughed up blood

same show different band. This song
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaZPaJKF8GE&feature=related

Got kicked in the side of the head and stomped on

Different show. This song (skip to 4:22)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-cro_l8HLY

Got drop kicked by a stage diver and got a concussion.

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I had an ingrown toenail that I was reluctant to get fixed for oh, say two and a half months? It was pretty damn infected and very painful.

What made me bite the bullet and get the whole thing pulled out was my sizable dog jumping from my 4-foot high bed and landing on it.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    VeeVee Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I have a gnarly scar on my left elbow from getting a huge patch of skin there torn off by gravel

Hey me too on my left elbow! Although I lost more of a medium sized patch of skin.

I was in a red wagon being pulled by a friend and I said "be careful don't make any sharp turns!"

Bitch makes a fucking sharp turn that dumps me out of the wagon onto the ground and OH GOD there was gravel hella stuck in my elbow. I was so pissed/in pain.

Vee on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dashui wrote: »

i lost sight of it

Still there? When I was younger I had a giant splinter get stuck in my palm. It's still there, deep in the skin and visible.

Other than that, I had my fingers smashed so that all that was left was bone. That was awesome!

wow that second one D:

but yeah the first one

make an "ok" sign with your hand

the piece of glass is a little smaller than that circle

mine was visible for a while but i can't make it out anymore, it's in there somewhere, slowly being absorbed

Raneados on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Only break I've ever had is fracturing my wrist last summer when I was going downhill on my bike very fast. My bike stopped going downhill but I didn't.

I was uninsured so it cost something like $3,000. Also had a nasty bump on my head and a giant bad road rash on my right shoulder blade area.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    currently

my left knee is in a heap of pain every time I put pressure on it while flexing

it is unnatural because I got this injury playing/training beach volleyball which is meant to be LOW IMPACT and easy on the knees so what the fuck

it is also unnatural because I am never getting old ever so what is this all about

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I had an ingrown toenail that I was reluctant to get fixed for oh, say two and a half months? It was pretty damn infected and very painful.

What made me bite the bullet and get the whole thing pulled out was my sizable dog jumping from my 4-foot high bed and landing on it.

I've had 3 that got dang infected and painful. Somebody stomped on one of them once. Probably the most painful thing I've experienced actually, the surgery. But then again I haven't had too much really bad stuff happen to me.

I'm weirdly tough in that I did a lot of stupid shit but never got hurt too badly.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I recently found out I have to get my wisdom teeth removed

how bad is the operation

is it bad

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dashui wrote: »

i lost sight of it

wow that second one D:

but yeah the first one

make an "ok" sign with your hand

the piece of glass is a little smaller than that circle

mine was visible for a while but i can't make it out anymore, it's in there somewhere, slowly being absorbed

Rane when I do that the circle is two inches in diamater.

Blake T on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Don't let them steal your wisdom, Viv.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Vivixenne wrote: »

how bad is the operation

is it bad

it depends

you live in kangaroo land who knows what their dental standards are like

Pony on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

how bad is the operation

is it bad

Not bad.

You get gassed. Don't let them make you watch Yellow Submarine though. Shit is crazy

Oh yeah, I almost drowned in my own blood in my sleep because my stitches broke in the night.

Also pray you don't get dry socket

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I still have my wisdom teeth and I am hoping I don't need to get them removed.

My teeth annoy me though because the bottom front teeth are kind of crowded and at a tiny angle that I notice a lot but other people say they don't notice.

Artreus on
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    #pipe wrote: »
    oh man, I've taken so many soccer balls to the face

it's like a childhood rite of passage, well for the UK and Ireland

did you ever get that thing where is smacks into your thigh on a cold morning and you have a huge red circle with the imprints of the laces

man that was the WORST

I was the goalkeeper, I took football hits everywhere

shit was the worst on a saturday morning, especially when wearing shorts

dude hi5 I was always goalie or up on the attack

on average i posit that the best feeling in the world is scoring a goal in soccer

totally better than like 80% of the sex i've ever had

I think I was on the attack once and that 1 time I scored a free kick, it was amazing.

I loved being a goalie because I reveled in the feeling of denying someone a scoring opportunity

fuck it you guys have convinced me to join the soccer team this year

i've seriously been mulling this around for the past few weeks and this thread has reminded me of how much i love it

once during a practice match in the fourth grade one of my friends (the goally) fucking drop kicked the ball eight billion feet into the air and it hit me like a fucking meteor

best practice ever

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    my wisdom teeth came in just fine and are quite functional

i'm a genetic throwback

Pony on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Pony wrote: »

i'm a genetic throwback

your wisdom teeth beat the odds and came in perfectly

in exchange

everything ELSE is wrong with you

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    SkellieSkellie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010

how bad is the operation

is it bad

Bad for some, no problem for others. A friend of mine got hers out and her cheeks swelled up something crazy for like a week.

I bet I have to get mine out some day. I have the most unmanly un-lantern-like jaw a guy can have; all the teeth are crowded up in there. Ain't no room for wisdom teeth.

At least you get to have lots of ice cream.

Skellie on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

i'm a genetic throwback

your wisdom teeth beat the odds and came in perfectly

in exchange

everything ELSE is wrong with you

i got gypped

Pony on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Mine need to be removed, apparently. The top ones are just dandy, but the bottom ones don't have enough space in my tiny tender jaw. Allegedly it'd cost $2500 at one oral surgeon and $ 1600 at another, so fuck it. I'm going to the hospital to get the good drugs and not pay a penny thanks to medical coverage and recurring infections in the bottom teeth.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I had an orthodontist appointment today (my second to last one!) and they took X-Rays. The woman who did them said my Wisdom teeth look really good, and that I probably have enough room for them to come in.
    One of the few things Genetics didn't fuck me over on.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

i'm a genetic throwback

i never had wisdom teeth!

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    the pain i dealt with after my vasectomy was pretty not-fun

i'd be sitting down, feeling fine, then i'd get up to get a drink or something and it was like there was suddenly a fourty pound weight attached by a belt to my sack

when i got up from bed the day after the surgery (after all my wonderful meds had worn off) when i stood up i just paled and made an extremely loud gasp and got weak in the knees

Pony on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sars_Boy wrote: »

i'm a genetic throwback

i never had wisdom teeth!

you are a step on the evolutionary chain higher than me

Pony on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Oh maybe I haven't had any problems with my wisdom teeth because of my large, manly jaw.

Artreus on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I had an orthodontist appointment today (my second to last one!) and they took X-Rays. The woman who did them said my Wisdom teeth look really good, and that I probably have enough room for them to come in.

watch out

you're going to get cancer and diabetes and alzheimers on your next birthday

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

watch out

Fuck.

That is like

22 days away or something.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Darmak wrote: »
    I've never had any serious injuries (that I can remember, once when I was two I ran into a coffee table and had to get stitches in my face). Last June or July though I passed out 5-7 times due to my heart stopping for about 6-10 seconds at a time. They never figured out why either.

That's fucked up, dude. :?

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    EastEast Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Stabbed in the hand 1cm deep with an antique letter opener

East on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The only thing worse than excruciating arthritis pain and dislodged joints is a totally unsympathetic significant other who insists you walk it off.
    Yeah, fuck you, buddy.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    1 cm?

that's like

nothing

Raneados on
  • Options
    SkellieSkellie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Artreus wrote: »
    I still have my wisdom teeth and I am hoping I don't need to get them removed.

My teeth annoy me though because the bottom front teeth are kind of crowded and at a tiny angle that I notice a lot but other people say they don't notice.

No one does notice, they're all tucked behind your lower lip and/or overbite. So unless your natural smile is to bare all your teeth then they hardly see the light of day.

My bottom jaw was so crowded, one tooth was perpendicular to the others, and another ended up growing behind the rest of them. I used to have fun in my early teens going "Watch this" to people and pretending to pull and twist my teeth, then show them.

Skellie on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Trillian wrote: »
    The only thing worse than excruciating arthritis pain and dislodged joints is a totally unsympathetic significant other who insists you walk it off.
    Yeah, fuck you, buddy.

trouble in paradise :whistle:

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Man my heart beat is irregular as fuck due to my poor diet. Gonna see a dietitian and start exercising soon.

It is nothing too bad, just weird as hell when it will be beating like normal (well... 95bpm resting is normal for me) and then stop for a second or two before starting up again.

Artreus on
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    getting the wisdoms out ain't bad

but be prepared to have a puffy face for a day or so afterwards

if you are embarrassed easily you should try to arrange so you have a day or two off of work after the surgery so you can sit around and be puffy by yourself

but it doesn't always happen, so

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

watch out

Fuck.

That is like

22 days away or something.

Maybe you'll be lucky and get type 2, and not have to give yourself a shot at every meal. Or every time you want to have something sweet.

With little syringes.

In your ass.

Actually, I'm just fucking with you. You don't gotta put em in your ass.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited January 2010
    a friend of mine

she's never broken anything

never had any stitches ever

she's never had any serious illnesses or anything

i am thinking

should i arrange a train accident to find out if she's invincable

Pony on