Options

Oh god, fucking shit, fuck.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I would honestly obsess over whether the engagement ring would match my wedding ring and whether they would match my husband's wedding ring

and it really just made me go "what is the POINT of all this he can just give me an engagement ring and then I'll take it off before the wedding and we can reuse it as a wedding ring and everything will match and my OCD-like obsession with things being matching will be SATISFIED"

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The standard engagement ring is supposed to equal two months pay or something like that

I think the band just has to be the same color and it's fine

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    my first family doctor

the one i had until i was 10

was this incredibly old guy, like maybe 70 or 80?

this guy was so old he was the one who delivered my mom

but he was a friend of the family and the only doctor my mother ever had so she stuck with him out of loyalty and familial guilt

anyway as a child there would be times where i'd be doing stuff and suddenly i'd get severe pain and have difficulty breathing and so on

the doctor said i was just an emotional child and that my parents needed to teach me how to calm the fuck down and stop being a wuss

then, when i was like 10 he fucking died and we got a new family doctor who wasn't a senile hack

in my very first appointment with him he diagnosed me with asthma

fuck you, doctor macdonell

you fucking asshole

Pony on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    I would honestly obsess over whether the engagement ring would match my wedding ring and whether they would match my husband's wedding ring

and it really just made me go "what is the POINT of all this he can just give me an engagement ring and then I'll take it off before the wedding and we can reuse it as a wedding ring and everything will match and my OCD-like obsession with things being matching will be SATISFIED"

That's a tradition some places. You switch the ring from right to left usually.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

did you know they sell wedding/engagement rings in a three ring set

a wedding band for you and the man, and an engagement ring for you

and the engagement ring and the wedding don't just match, they actually slot in together to form one larger ring

Pony on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Crashmo wrote: »
    The standard engagement ring is supposed to equal two months pay or something like that

That is something that tiffanys came up with in the 1950's and is absolute bullshit.

You should spend what you can reasonably afford and if the bitch questions it you slap her in the face and walk away with the ring.

Blake T on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

my question would be who came up with that rule and why

and more importanty, BEING THE SAME COLOUR IS NOT ENOUGH THEY HAVE TO BE THE SAME STYLE AND MATERIAL

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Pony wrote: »

and the engagement ring and the wedding don't just match, they actually slot in together to form one larger ring
    oh hey

hey this is cool

not because I don't still think the tradition is stupid

but that is actually cool

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

Those ring-hawking fucks are going to have a field day with me.

sarukun on
  • Options
    StaxeonStaxeon Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

I'll tell ya who, DeBeers comercials. The why is self-explanitory.

Staxeon on
    Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
    No man should have that kind of power.
    (Twitter)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Blaket wrote: »

That is something that tiffanys came up with in the 1950's and is absolute bullshit.

You should spend what you can reasonably afford and if the bitch questions it you slap her in the face and walk away with the ring.

blake i wanna hug you for this post

so many people subscribe to fucking MYTHS created by jewelry companies in the 20th century

for example, the proliferation of diamonds as the only true engagement ring

my fiancee's engagement ring is actually white gold with sapphires, with tiny diamonds on the side

diamonds as the only wedding ring stone, and all this "Cut, clarity, cuntiness" bullshit mythology was basically invented by De Beers to sell diamonds to idiots

and the "two months" thing was invented by Tiffany's

Pony on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

and more importanty, BEING THE SAME COLOUR IS NOT ENOUGH THEY HAVE TO BE THE SAME STYLE AND MATERIAL

jewelry companies

and because they want to make some fucking bank

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah it's all a load of crock to get you to overpay for these things

I used two smaller diamonds from the engagement ring of my recently deceased great grandmother, worth 600-700 by themselves, which in turn enabled me to get a slightly large main rock

basically if you know your woman well enough to be marrying her, you will know how expensive a ring she will want. Nowadays most people are much more practical about these things

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    my first family doctor

the one i had until i was 10

was this incredibly old guy, like maybe 70 or 80?

this guy was so old he was the one who delivered my mom

but he was a friend of the family and the only doctor my mother ever had so she stuck with him out of loyalty and familial guilt

anyway as a child there would be times where i'd be doing stuff and suddenly i'd get severe pain and have difficulty breathing and so on

the doctor said i was just an emotional child and that my parents needed to teach me how to calm the fuck down and stop being a wuss

then, when i was like 10 he fucking died and we got a new family doctor who wasn't a senile hack

in my very first appointment with him he diagnosed me with asthma

fuck you, doctor macdonell

you fucking asshole

He told your family that you had trouble breathing, because you were a wuss.

A licensed physician.

What.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Somebody on here has a really rad engagement ring that doesn't have a diamond for the main gem

It is one of the best I've seen

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    GravesGraves Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    On Saturday I woke up and bumped my knee on something, got a little cut, tripped over something and cut my ankle, then tripped on the lip of the stairs and sprained my pinky.

Graves on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Well no, cut clarity and carrat are very real things when we were young we went to the perth mint where at the time you could see diamond displays and there is a difference.

A small stone with a great cut and clarity and a setting to show it off will catch your eye from across the room compared to a big poor quality diamond.

If I was to buy a ring I would in all honest buy a synthetic diamond which is flawless in it's clarity and spend the majority of the money that I spend on the setting.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    the ring I like has a ruby in it because rubies are my birthstone :(

sorry, DeBeers

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    in fact if the person you're marrying insists on knowing how much the ring was then don't marry them

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    this is the engagement ring i got my fiancee:
    ringed7.jpg

anyone who thinks that isn't a proper engagement ring because it isn't a big ugly diamond in a piss-gold ring can suck deeply of my cock

Pony on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Graves wrote: »
    On Saturday I woke up and bumped my knee on something, got a little cut, tripped over something and cut my ankle, then tripped on the lip of the stairs and sprained my pinky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOLoH6cyBgk

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010

sorry, DeBeers

those poor black people will never sell their diamond quotas!

they'll never make their daily dollar!

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Somebody on here has a really rad engagement ring that doesn't have a diamond for the main gem

It is one of the best I've seen

Janson probably

she has a titanium tension-set ring with diamonds inlaid and a blue sapphire as the main stone

it's gorgeous

the ring I like is also titanium tension-set but a different style from hers

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    pony it's on the wrong finger

did you know that

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

sorry, DeBeers

it's cool, de beers are basically a bunch of blood diamond peddling bastards

Pony on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    this is the engagement ring i got my fiancee:
    ringed7.jpg

anyone who thinks that isn't a proper engagement ring because it isn't a big ugly diamond in a piss-gold ring can suck deeply of my cock

That is a pretty ring right there

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Raneados wrote: »

did you know that

I was going to say it's not a real engagement ring because of that as well.

But then I realised I didn't know what finger they are meant to go on.

If I ever propose I'll be like, "I know it's not supposed be on the thumb of the little finger"

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

did you know that

it wasn't an engagement ring when i first got it for her

it was re-purposed because you know what

it meant a lot to her, she doesn't wear a lot of jewelry in the first place, and the chances of me getting something for her that she liked better or meant more was highly unlikely

so

that's right

i didn't just spend less than 1k on an engagement ring

i basically just re-gifted an old ring i bought her

fuck De Beers

Pony on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    pony as a man who will probably fashion something out of tinfoil and gravel to save some dollars

well done

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    thinking about it some more it's all well and good for someone to like a ring or prefer a ring of a specific style

but isn't the real excitement meant be your fiance proposing to you?

I mean, are you really going to lament that the ring isn't your style when he's asking you to spend the rest of your life with him?

now I understand that part of the thrill is your fiance knowing you well enough to get you something you'll like, that's fair enough

but seriously

who's REALLY going to let the look of a ring kill an emotional moment?

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Alternatively if you ever see the words this one drawn in pen on the underside of my finger I am probably going to propose.

Blake T on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Well no, cut clarity and carrat are very real things when we were young we went to the perth mint where at the time you could see diamond displays and there is a difference.

A small stone with a great cut and clarity and a setting to show it off will catch your eye from across the room compared to a big poor quality diamond.

If I was to buy a ring I would in all honest buy a synthetic diamond which is flawless in it's clarity and spend the majority of the money that I spend on the setting.

Synthetic diamonds are the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

According to the Science Channel, the only way experts can tell the difference between them is that synthetics are "too perfect".

sarukun on
  • Options
    UmaroUmaro Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I broke one of my teeth once. It was a pretty simple fix.

I don't go outside very often so most of my injuries consist of bruises from walking into walls while not paying attention.

Umaro on
    Dogs.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    thinking about it some more it's all well and good for someone to like a ring or prefer a ring of a specific style

but isn't the real excitement meant be your fiance proposing to you?

I mean, are you really going to lament that the ring isn't your style when he's asking you to spend the rest of your life with him?

now I understand that part of the thrill is your fiance knowing you well enough to get you something you'll like, that's fair enough

but seriously

who's REALLY going to let the look of a ring kill an emotional moment?

shallow, materialistic people who are too thoroughly absorbed in mainstream cultural expectations as taught to them by television

Pony on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Alternatively if you ever see the words this one drawn in pen on the underside of my finger I am probably going to propose.

ahahahahaha

I wouldn't worry

girls always know which finger it goes on

just hold the ring up and she'll help you out by sticking the right finger into the ring

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    reminded me of that chick who flipped the fuck out over the color of some nice as HELL car her dad bought her

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    sarukun wrote: »

Synthetic diamonds are the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

According to the Science Channel, the only way experts can tell the difference between them is that synthetics are "too perfect".

yup.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/11.09/diamond.html

This is a super-interesting article which is quite old and I think the technology has advanced more since then.

Blake T on
  • Options
    UmaroUmaro Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, plenty of women take pride in being shallow whores.

Umaro on
    Dogs.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    reminded me of that chick who flipped the fuck out over the color of some nice as HELL car her dad bought her

but daaaaddddddyyyyyyy

i wanted a BLUE car!

Pony on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    we asked the $24k friend if she would consider a synthetic diamond, which is prettier and more perfect a diamond and heaps cheaper

she said no, she would want it to be real

Blake and his buddy and I exchanged a look like =.=

Vivixenne on