As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Borderlands: This is the OLD thread. Go to the new thread!

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    hotlunch wrote: »
    Hi this is one of my first posts here, anyway I got this game not too long ago but unfortunately don't have anyone to play with. I have a level 19 (somewhere around there) Hunter and my borderlands sn is BorderIFBS if anyone would like to play. My connection gets pretty spotty at times though. Is there any sort of list or group I should join to find PA people playing?

depends. what platform are you on?

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    If you are on PC, I just got the game as well. I've got a lvl. 20 Siren.

GSID is Blaze_Zero

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'd really like to hop on and try hosting with Gamespy, and see if it now magically works.

Cause if it does... awesome.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Wangs Without Borders!

LIVE AGAIN!

Drake on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm gonna hop on for a bit and tear up the wasteland if you're interested Kain.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    Spicy_RevSpicy_Rev Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I had a great New Haven run last night. I picked up my first really great sniper rifle for my Hunter. It has 380 damage and a 9 round clip. Life is good.

Also, I am doing all of the side quests and I am finding all of these little nooks in the game that I missed the first time around. And, I am upset at this board because I just found out last night that I could see the challenges on my ECHOnet. I need to know these things people.

Spicy_Rev on
  • Options
    LordOfTheCheeseLordOfTheCheese BF3: Scyleric Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Quick question. I have heard that if you have purchased DLC you wont be able to play with people who have not. Is this true?

LordOfTheCheese on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Quick question. I have heard that if you have purchased DLC you wont be able to play with people who have not. Is this true?

You can still play the core game w/ non-DLC purchasers. You just can't bring them with you into the DLC (and if you are in, say, Jakobs Cove, you'll have to leave it to bring someone who doesn't have Zombie Island into your party.)

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    LordOfTheCheeseLordOfTheCheese BF3: Scyleric Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Thanks

LordOfTheCheese on
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Spicy_Rev wrote: »
    Also, I am doing all of the side quests and I am finding all of these little nooks in the game that I missed the first time around. And, I am upset at this board because I just found out last night that I could see the challenges on my ECHOnet. I need to know these things people.

What do you mean by this? I'm a newb only been playing a few hours.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I believe he is talking about the in-game Achievements which can be seen on the same menu that you use to access your quest list. It's a button somewhere on the menu that looks like a set of ribbons and medals.

And yeah, Borderlands has some great little details tucked away off the beaten path.

Drake on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, I found outpost scrapple last night. What a gem of an area.

Yeah, I mean the "challenges" like killing 10,000 people, selling 5,000 weapons.

I have only bought 54 things though in the entire playthrough, which is stunning to me. My Hunter is level 27.

Spicy_Rev on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I added it to the new player tips in the OP, Spicy_Rev. I don't feel too bad about not telling you since it's one of the tips that displays during load screens. :)

What is outpost scrapple? That doesn't ring a bell.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Iolo wrote: »
    I added it to the new player tips in the OP, Spicy_Rev. I don't feel too bad about not telling you since it's one of the tips that displays during load screens. :)

same. i've seen just about EVERYTHING borderlands has to offer, but that's new to me. o_O

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    Nick TNick T Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    blaze_zero wrote: »

GSID is Blaze_Zero

Boo should have gotten it on 360. Although I don't know how much time we could co-op together. Enjoy the game.

Nick T on
    PSN: ConvicNic
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Iolo wrote: »

same. i've seen just about EVERYTHING borderlands has to offer, but that's new to me. o_O

So have I and I've never heard of Outpost Scrapple. So i googled it.

And all I got was this thread...

I'm guessing it doesn't exist or he's using some made up name.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    FREAKING FINALLY. The PC multiplayer issues forced me to open every TCP/UDP port on my router so I could host a game with my brother. Even worse, if I wasn't in Firestone, it still wouldn't let him connect. I'm gonna call him tonight so we can shoot mans.

This also releases me from my self-imposed boycott of DLC. I'll be happy to pay for more now that I don't have to jump through technical hurdles to play the game.

El Guaco on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ha,

I must have read it wrong. I meant the Old Lynne Abbey. How I got scrapple out of that is beyond me. I did have some crazy glitches last night after doing the beacons missions. All the text was messed up and every quest showed up as completed.

Iolo, I learned about it from that loading screen. I shouldn't have to read to play games.

Spicy_Rev on
  • Options
    hotlunchhotlunch regular
    edited February 2010
    hotlunch wrote: »
    Hi this is one of my first posts here, anyway I got this game not too long ago but unfortunately don't have anyone to play with. I have a level 19 (somewhere around there) Hunter and my borderlands sn is BorderIFBS if anyone would like to play. My connection gets pretty spotty at times though. Is there any sort of list or group I should join to find PA people playing?

depends. what platform are you on?

Haha that would help wouldn't it? I'm on PC

hotlunch on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ha,

I must have read it wrong. I meant the Old Lynne Abbey. How I got scrapple out of that is beyond me. I did have some crazy glitches last night after doing the beacons missions. All the text was messed up and every quest showed up as completed.

Ha, indeed. I didn't even know it was called that. I love that little area (the Abbey and all those little nooks over the drawbridges.)
    Iolo, I learned about it from that loading screen. I shouldn't have to read to play games.

Yes, well...

Borderlands is for Real Readers

:)

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    elecgutselecguts Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    If you take the south drawbridge and head north towards the abbey in Rust Commons east, you'll eventually go under an overpass and right about that spot it says "You have discovered outpost Scrapple." I'm assuming it refers to the abbey and is short for scrap chapple.

elecguts on
    wait, what?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Elecguts,

Could it be true? Hmm, that is the only path back to the chapel. Interesting.

That little abbey though is so cool.

Spicy_Rev on
  • Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So has there been word on when DLC # 3 is actually hitting?

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm really looking to play some tonight/tomorrow* (late night CST), so if anyone wants to hit me up on gamespy (cncaudata) that would be awesome. I'm gonna scour the last couple of pages for IDs and add y'all too.

*Who am I kidding? Almost any night.

cncaudata on
    PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    No, not yet.

Okay, on the one hand having the intro movie play unskippably whenever I start the game is pretty annoying (esp. since it starts again if I don't stick around to hit "Enter.") The old way of taking it out of the WillowThingy.ini file isn't working.

On the other hand, I've noticed that Brick's belt buckle has a lightning bolt and the letters TCB. Anyone who has been to Graceland knows that's Elvis for "Taking Care of Business!"

EDIT: That's no not yet for a date on the 3rd DLC.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    getting online for a bit now, i'll be in the steam group chat

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    oh dear lord

soulgate was with me when we found this:

3345HX-52-Steel-Stinger.png

it's a laser made of bullets

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm gonna hop on for a bit and tear up the wasteland if you're interested Kain.

Fuck, I went to bed like... right after posting that.

And now I'm off to work again.

Double fuck.

Kainy on
  • Options
    SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    oh dear lord

Seriously. With quicksilver on the siren, then thing unloads in a second, and reloads in .000001 of a second. I was charging SuperBad crimson mechanics (the guys with the shields) in the Crimson Fastness and taking away their shields and health within a clip.

I think curly offered some kind of idol or something to gearbox to get such awesome drop rates. We seriously had like 10 good drops within 25 minutes.

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nick T wrote: »

GSID is Blaze_Zero

Boo should have gotten it on 360. Although I don't know how much time we could co-op together. Enjoy the game.

It was $10 cheaper for PC. I also just got a new PC and wanted something nice for it.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    oh dear lord

Jesus fucking holy almighty goddick cockshit.

That's similar to the best SMG I've ever found, only with about 50% more damage.

Curly, I need to play some games with you. You are touched by the loot gods.

Kainy on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That's a hell of a Stinger alright. Was it level 37 when you found it, or was it a 48 tagged by the proficiency bug?

I feel like the latest patch improved performance substantially. Maybe I'm just imagining it, but I feel like I'm able to play for longer at a higher resolution and even alt-tab away and not have the kind of slow downs and frame rate hits I would get before.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So, played with Phenko last night and he witnessed this weird color distoration that I have gotten on consecutive nights. It is like MIA redocrated my game. Anyone else getting that?

That SMG is great, but I was very excited to get my pestilant defiler last night with the "get sick" bonus/add-on/whatever you call it.

Spicy_Rev on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Pestilent Defilers always have "Give Sick," since that's the Pestilent Defiler red text :P

Anyone up for some PC online right about now?

Kainy on
  • Options
    pheknophekno Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So, played with Phenko last night and he witnessed this weird color distoration that I have gotten on consecutive nights. It is like MIA redocrated my game. Anyone else getting that?

That SMG is great, but I was very excited to get my pestilant defiler last night with the "get sick" bonus/add-on/whatever you call it.

Yeah, I saw that graphic glitch. I asked you about it because I wanted to make sure my PS3 isn't starting to shit the bed. I never saw it during single player (albeit, I wasn't in the same area where we saw it).

Yeah, I saw that you got that pestilent defiler last night and got kinda excited. After you logged off I did a New Haven run and found my first two Volcanoes. :D Then I went and laid waste to things.

phekno on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Mikey Neumann is teasing us that a 3rd DLC character will start twittering soon. There's a General Knoxx account set up, but it may well have been set up by some 'scamp' from the GB boards.

While there I saw someone talking about the "dev chest" in the Rust Commons West which led me to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc07cPRFYxI

Huh. I had no idea this was there. Seems like a lot of trouble to go through more than maybe once to have done it.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kainy, I'll join you if you want.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    Operator-COperator-C Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Since connectivity is supposedly improved, I am now reinstalling this game. Better late than never. :)

Operator-C on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    phekno wrote: »

Yeah, I saw that graphic glitch. I asked you about it because I wanted to make sure my PS3 isn't starting to shit the bed. I never saw it during single player (albeit, I wasn't in the same area where we saw it).

Yeah, I saw that you got that pestilent defiler last night and got kinda excited. After you logged off I did a New Haven run and found my first two Volcanoes. :D Then I went and laid waste to things.

...Wouldn't happen to be in Rust Commons East, would it? Because there's a known graphical glitch that occurs after completing Relight The Beacons.

BlitzAce1981 on
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So, after the patch, I'm completely unable to run 2 instances of the game so I can transfer awesome guns. What the hell. Both instances just crawl to a standstill and when I try to connect to my game, it times out...

cncaudata on
    PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163