As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Aliens vs Predator vs Bill Paxton vs Sexual Tyrannosaurus

• Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Aliens don't wear spats.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Aliens don't wear spats.

Well, clearly they are misunderstood creatures who only wish for chance to sing and dance on broadway. The fact that video game and movie makers keep killing them is clearly racist propoganda to continue the mass extermination of this beautiful and noble species.

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The sad thing is that one day they'll land here but speak with an eloquent British manner tehn someone will react and shoot one of them because of these films. Their blood will splatter and burn a bunch of Earth ambassadors and thus the great Xenowar began.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Wow, I'm stunned to silence.

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Aliens don't wear spats.

Neither do frogs but that didn't stop loonie toons.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    That rap is slow clap worthy.

Which is to say, bravo.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So just wanted to say you guys should be optimistic about this film. It is an actual film, not like the rubbish AvP movies and while I enjoy Predators 2, it's a bit silly. This one won't eclipse the first but it will hold the number 2 position solidly.

The supporting cast is amazing, even though most are unknowns. They all did a magnificient job of portraying their characters, especially Walton Goggins.

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    What did you do? Jack a copy from the studio prescreen DVD or something?

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited March 2010
    No I worked on the movie.

Grove on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So you've definitely got an unbiased viewpoint.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    So you've definitely got an unbiased viewpoint.

Or I have an overly critical viewpoint because I was a huge fan of the series before getting onto the show and was judging every little thing they did. Just because you work on something doesn't mean you give two shits about it. This is stance of 99% of the people in the real film industry.

I understand internet pessimism, it's fine. But it means nothing to me if this film does good or bad, I don't get residuals from it, I won't get shit from it. I got my paychecks and that's all I'll ever get from it. This is how the film business works. I, as a fan, wanted this movie to be good. It is. It's not better than the first but I believe it's a worthy sequel, finally.

edit: I just wanted to offer a word of encouragement, is all. Obviously I'm a forum member, so I understand the negative attitudes towards films we get excited for. They usually let us down. Just wanted to add a little positive note to the people that are allowing themselves to get somewhat excited by it.

Grove on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I was making the comment because it was too good not to, that's all.

Depending on what you actually did for the film, your opinion may hold more validity in my eyes. If you worked during the actual filming of the feature, for example, then what you saw is more than likely quite different from what the finished product will be.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Still, it's nice to hear positive things about it. Looking forward to checking it out.

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

Depending on what you actually did for the film, your opinion may hold more validity in my eyes. If you worked during the actual filming of the feature, for example, then what you saw is more than likely quite different from what the finished product will be.

True.
    Cinematography + Editing can make a whole world of difference.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Grove wrote: »

So which of the humans is really behind it all and working with/for the Predator?

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    OctoparrotOctoparrot Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

So which of the humans is really behind it all and working with/for the Predator?

Damn now I'm imagining a Saw/Usual Suspects montage at the end as Lawrence Fishburne turns out to be working with the predators, closing shots of the doctor stranded on the planet surrounded by beasts as Fishburne escapes in a spacecraft.

Octoparrot on
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Octoparrot wrote: »

And then Fishburne was the Predators.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Octoparrot wrote: »

Damn now I'm imagining a Saw/Usual Suspects montage at the end as Lawrence Fishburne turns out to be working with the predators, closing shots of the doctor stranded on the planet surrounded by beasts as Fishburne escapes in a spacecraft.

Lol.

*click tape* (Cue Hello Zepp theme)
    "Hrawwwwwwwwkkk greek ugh, ugh, ugh grok, Laurence Fishburne seeeeeeeeel, raoooooooooooog poooool"
    "Oh god...no...I've been used"

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    "Hrawwwwwwwwkkk greek ugh, ugh, ugh grok, Laurence Fishburne seeeeeeeeel, raoooooooooooog poooool"

I imagine that's what Predator sex sounds like. And Kling'on sex.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    emnmnme wrote: »

I imagine that's what Predator sex sounds like. And Kling'on sex.

Predator sex with Laurence Fishburne.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Another good line from watching Aliens

I want you to collect magazines from everyone, no firing.
    What are we supposed to use? Harsh language?

I miss movies like this, ensemble and you actually like all the characters.

Except Burke obviously.

Even teh weedy army leader gets redemption by the end.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Nocren wrote: »

True.
    Cinematography + Editing can make a whole world of difference.

Very true. One thing though, really don't underestimate film professionals ability to know what a movie is like before it's edited. Usually you know well in advance if it's a piece of shit or not. You may not know how good it can possibly be, but you certainly know how bad it is. This however doesn't apply at all to comedies.

I was fortunate enough to be one of many people involved with the film invited to watch the picture locked version. I enjoyed it quite a bit if that means anything to you.

Edit:
    Outside of that I won't talk about what I did on the film or any confirming or denying, I know you understand. I'm happy to talk about past movies I've worked on, the film making process, about the film after release, etc. I actually struggled for a long time whether I was actually going to post in this thread and decided I just wanted to come in and let people know that it's waaaayy better than AvP and to me it's significantly better than Predators 2.

It's funny, I've worked on a number of big budget films, many of which had threads on this forum. So this is the first time I've talked about a film I've worked on here. I'm a pretty big fan of Predators and of Aliens so I just wanted to share what I thought.

Grove on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Grove is Lawrence Fishburne.

I loved you in Event Horizon but you need to explain yourself for Biker Boyz.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Edit:
    Outside of that I won't talk about what I did on the film or any confirming or denying, I know you understand.

Oh we understand.

But seriously, who is it whos working with the Predators? I WANT TO KNOW!

And if Smokestacks is right, why did you let them go ahead with Matrix Revolutions Mr Fishburne?

The concept/trailer for this already looks better than where the Predator franchise has been in a long time so I'm optimistic at least.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    OctoparrotOctoparrot Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Edit:
    Outside of that I won't talk about what I did on the film or any confirming or denying, I know you understand.

Oh we understand.

But seriously, who is it whos working with the Predators? I WANT TO KNOW!

And if Smokestacks is right, why did you let them go ahead with Matrix Revolutions Mr Fishburne?

The concept/trailer for this already looks better than where the Predator franchise has been in a long time so I'm optimistic at least.

Goddamnit I don't want to hear one more word about Predator 2, with Gary "drinking your own blood is the paradigm of recycling" Busey, being a bad movie. Bill Paxton's lines in P2 were actually less cheesy than in Aliens.

Alright, maybe this just needs to be linked again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljEC7HKbP0g

Octoparrot on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Dany Glover is obvoiusly the best predator killer, he even tamed them to dancing!

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited March 2010
    Grove, would you say its better than Predator 1 or 2?

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Grove, would you say its better than Predator 1 or 2?

For me at least, it's significantly better than 2. I would say 1 is better, but it is definitely closer to one than two. I would rank the movies as follows.

1. Predator
    2. Predators
    5 Predator 2
    7-35
    36 AvP

Just to show the gap I believe should be placed between the films in terms of quality.

It's a very serious movie, no silliness, really great action and every character, predator or human has at least one really badass part if not many. That's one of the great strengths of this film, it echoes the first in that you are attached to the characters and want to see them make it. I believe this is a true sequel to the first film. It stays true to what made the first one great, but it doesn't surpass the first one, for me at least.

Just as a precaution, it doesn't straight copy the first film or anything. It has it's own identity, but it is in the spirit of the first film if you will. I didn't want people to think it was a remake or anything like that.

Grove on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Whats 35? And Im surprised you ranked AVP, I like AVP2 over AVP1 if they have to exist. At least AVP1 doesn't make the Predators and Aliens into jokes in one film.

And I dont get the hate Predator 2 gets, I enjoyed it.

I have noticed though that Predator 1 has an incredible muscle ratio. Like each character has more muscle than this entire forum put together. There is a severe lack of ridiculous muscle in the new trailer.

But its good to know that Predators might just be that good, I think its R-Rated to so even better. The only thing that could make it perfect is Dutch in a cave, banging Predator women and making super hybrids. I fully expect everyone but the girl and Topher Grace to die.

And people need to play the Predator game on PS2, that shit was awesome.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Tootsie Roll. 'nuff said.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Whats 35? And Im surprised you ranked AVP, I like AVP2 over AVP1 if they have to exist. At least AVP1 doesn't make the Predators and Aliens into jokes in one film.

I have noticed though that Predator 1 has an incredible muscle ratio. Like each character has more muscle than this entire forum put together. There is a severe lack of ridiculous muscle in the new trailer.

But its good to know that Predators might just be that good, I think its R-Rated to so even better. The only thing that could make it perfect is Dutch in a cave, banging Predator women and making super hybrids. I fully expect everyone but the girl and Topher Grace to die.

Wasn't Concrete Jungle considered absolutely horrible?

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I like Predator 2, I find it entertaining. I just don't see it in the same league as the first because of the goofiness. And yeah the AvP and AvP 2, I was just showing the gap, I should've said 7 through 35 as spots that weren't occupied.

There is no way this movie won't be R rated, like not a chance in hell. I will confirm that Dutch is not banging Predator ladies, sorry. Oh and as a general note, Topher is awesome he's a really serious actor who does a fantastic job in the film, so no worries about him being that 70's show guy.

Grove on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Lanz wrote: »

Wasn't Concrete Jungle considered absolutely horrible?

I don't know, all I do know is that if you look up any game related posts I've made, I'm notoriously hard to please and I thought that game was fucking awesome, had all the Predator tools, made a good use of what the Predator is and does and I think it even had a decent storyline to it. Genuinely enjoyable AND it has Aliens and Weyland Yutani.

I like Predator 2, I find it entertaining. I just don't see it in the same league as the first because of the goofiness. And yeah the AvP and AvP 2, I was just showing the gap, I should've said 7 through 35 as spots that weren't occupied.

There is no way this movie won't be R rated, like not a chance in hell. I will confirm that Dutch is not banging Predator ladies, sorry. Oh and as a general note, Topher is awesome he's a really serious actor who does a fantastic job in the film, so no worries about him being that 70's show guy.

I have faith in Topher, he was my choice to replace Crapguire as Spider-Man. But now you've ruined the film for me, I was going to be watching for 90 minutes expecting a Dutch banging Predaladies cameo.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah Concrete Jungle kinda sucked.

Here is the formula for a Predator game:

1 part Arkam Asylum
    1 part God of War (minus chains)
    1 part Sandbox Environment

Blend until awesome.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The game opens in 1930 in New Way City. The player controls a Predator who stalks and kills mob boss Bruno Borgia. Bruno's wife Isabella shoots the Predator in the eye, causing his blood to splatter on her and her baby son Hunter. Now with only one eye, the Predator makes a hasty escape, leaving behind some of his equipment. He attempts to reach his ship, but an explosion caused by rioters incapacitates him. He sets off the ship's self-destruct sequence but fails to kill himself. Shamed by defeat and having exposed his race to the humans, the Predator is exiled by his clan to a planet inhabited by deadly alien creatures.

One hundred years later the Predator, now called "Scarface", is offered a chance for redemption. Humans have been using the technology that he left behind on Earth to kill other Predators and to wage mob warfare. The warring mob factions all pay tribute to Lucretia Borgia, daughter of Hunter and granddaughter of Bruno. Scarface must battle the mob in order to recover the Predator technology. As the player progresses through the game the story and setting occasionally switch between the years 2030 and 1930, revisiting Scarface's hunting of Bruno.

Eventually it is revealed that MOTHER, the computer controlling New Way City in 2030, is actually Isabella, who has been kept alive since 1930 by Scarface's blood. Her son Hunter has gone through genetic manipulation and has become a hybrid of human and Predator traits. A final battle takes place between Scarface and Hunter, with Scarface taking Hunter's head as a trophy. Scarface is then recovered by his clan.

The game also has a number of bonus missions in which the player can earn rewards including costumes, weapons, and increased health and energy.

Predator: Concrete Jungle makes several links between the films of the Alien, Predator, and Alien vs. Predator franchises. Hunter mentions to Lucretia that he knew Charles Bishop Weyland "before he disappeared"; Weyland appeared in the film Alien vs. Predator (2004) leading an expedition to the Antarctic, where he was killed by a Predator. The Yutani Corporation is also mentioned, referencing the Weyland-Yutani Corporation of the Alien films. MOTHER, the name of the computer controlling New Way City in 2030, is also the name of the Nostromo's computer intelligence in Alien (1979). Several other references to the film franchises are made throughout the game, including the appearance of Aliens.

Thats a pretty nice plot, you have to be a fan of the films and the Predators but I really enjoyed the game, no worse than Aliens Vs Predator except it doesn't have Colonial Marines yet.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The game opens in 1930 in New Way City. The player controls a Predator who stalks and kills mob boss Bruno Borgia. Bruno's wife Isabella shoots the Predator in the eye, causing his blood to splatter on her and her baby son Hunter. Now with only one eye, the Predator makes a hasty escape, leaving behind some of his equipment. He attempts to reach his ship, but an explosion caused by rioters incapacitates him. He sets off the ship's self-destruct sequence but fails to kill himself. Shamed by defeat and having exposed his race to the humans, the Predator is exiled by his clan to a planet inhabited by deadly alien creatures.

One hundred years later the Predator, now called "Scarface", is offered a chance for redemption. Humans have been using the technology that he left behind on Earth to kill other Predators and to wage mob warfare. The warring mob factions all pay tribute to Lucretia Borgia, daughter of Hunter and granddaughter of Bruno. Scarface must battle the mob in order to recover the Predator technology. As the player progresses through the game the story and setting occasionally switch between the years 2030 and 1930, revisiting Scarface's hunting of Bruno.

Eventually it is revealed that MOTHER, the computer controlling New Way City in 2030, is actually Isabella, who has been kept alive since 1930 by Scarface's blood. Her son Hunter has gone through genetic manipulation and has become a hybrid of human and Predator traits. A final battle takes place between Scarface and Hunter, with Scarface taking Hunter's head as a trophy. Scarface is then recovered by his clan.

The game also has a number of bonus missions in which the player can earn rewards including costumes, weapons, and increased health and energy.

Predator: Concrete Jungle makes several links between the films of the Alien, Predator, and Alien vs. Predator franchises. Hunter mentions to Lucretia that he knew Charles Bishop Weyland "before he disappeared"; Weyland appeared in the film Alien vs. Predator (2004) leading an expedition to the Antarctic, where he was killed by a Predator. The Yutani Corporation is also mentioned, referencing the Weyland-Yutani Corporation of the Alien films. MOTHER, the name of the computer controlling New Way City in 2030, is also the name of the Nostromo's computer intelligence in Alien (1979). Several other references to the film franchises are made throughout the game, including the appearance of Aliens.

Thats a pretty nice plot, you have to be a fan of the films and the Predators but I really enjoyed the game, no worse than Aliens Vs Predator except it doesn't have Colonial Marines yet.

That...that's the plot of the game? Wow. Seriously?

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    You have to play it, its perfect comic plot and its fun to play.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    You have to play it, its perfect comic plot and its fun to play.

I actually wanted to, but I heard it has a constant timer. I hate constant timers. Is this true?

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Not that I recall. At all.

DarkWarrior on