As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Aliens vs Predator vs Bill Paxton vs Sexual Tyrannosaurus

1111213141517»

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    Alien gave us a motley civillian crew, Aliens a badass marine platoon and shady smugglers/pirates in 4? It starts well but like 20 minutes into the movie the characters stop interacting with each other besides that tough guy doing his rebellious tough guy act against Ripley. I can't even remember their names. You can't remember any dialogue because there was none.

The only pirate name I remember is Johnner because A) it's Ron Fucking Pearlman and B) my name's John.

Though I did love that there was a magazine (can't remember which one) that gave odds of survival for all the cast. Ripley had like a 80-90% (she died once before), Johnner and the Marine were around the 70-80s and the cripple was 1%.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Fatboy RobertsFatboy Roberts Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    IMHO more space pirates, more space pirate scenes and them actually interacting with each other as they deal with the fucked up situation would have made the movie so much better.

This is why I believe Alien: Resurrection is essentially the rough draft for Firefly.

Fatboy Roberts on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    IMHO more space pirates, more space pirate scenes and them actually interacting with each other as they deal with the fucked up situation would have made the movie so much better.

This is why I believe Alien: Resurrection is essentially the rough draft for Firefly.

Didn't he actually say that?

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    Fatboy RobertsFatboy Roberts Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I don't think he has. I've never seen him address it, actually.

Fatboy Roberts on
  • Options
    KlashKlash Lost... ... in the rainRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Well, here's some news:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105973-Ridley-Scotts-Alien-Prequel-is-Going-to-Be-Paradise

I've got nothing against DiCaprio, but I'm damn glad he isn't attached to this. I'd rather if we got a cast of unknowns, if that were possible. I want to see the cast members as their characters, not as the characters they've previously played.

Also, holy shit its going to start production and it has a name.

Klash on
    We don't even care... whether we care or not...
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It'll be nice to get a Xenomorph backstory that isn't some retarded "Predators seeded them throughout the galaxy to make hunting planets they were on Earth thousands of years ago hurf durf".

Since the Xenomorphs take on physical characteristics of the host that they incubate in it'll give the designers a chance to mix things up a little from the human, dog/cow, and predator aliens we've seen so far.

I'm calling the ending now though -
    everybody dies except for the main character chick and maybe another dude, but he's wounded. They end up on the Space Jockey ship, she/they do/does something that makes it go out of control, she/they make it to the escape pod or their shuttle just as the ship careens down to crash on LV-426.

Cautiously optimistic.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Can't read the page as its blocked at work.

So its an Alien pre-quel I take it? If so I am very excited. Or is it another AVP movie?

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The former, directed by Ridley Scott himself.

Klash on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm calling the ending now though -
    everybody dies except for the main character chick and maybe another dude, but he's wounded. They end up on the Space Jockey ship, she/they do/does something that makes it go out of control, she/they make it to the escape pod or their shuttle just as the ship careens down to crash on LV-426.

Cautiously optimistic.

Not likely, if I'm remembering my Aliens universe info correctly;
    The "Space Jockey" was fosilized, and thus likely ancient. Hundreds or even thousands of years old (with the eggs in a kind of suspended animation, both inherant and technological, though this point is more conjecture and possibly non-canon sources), it seems unlikely that the humans in question will lead to the events of Alien.

Furthermore, isn't this considered something of a "reboot", meaning not only do they have no necessity to end with the beginning of the original film, but if they want to make more sequels, they'd do well to avoid doing so, either entirely or at least for a few films. Unless they want to go "psyche! Not a reboot, totally still canon and the next movie will be Alien 5!", it just wouldn't be consistant.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Scrap that previous news, its been updated and Sony has flat out denied the lot of it. From the beginning of production, to the casting and the title.

Klash on