As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Aliens vs Predator vs Bill Paxton vs Sexual Tyrannosaurus

2456717

Posts

  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Topher Grace can not be one of the mentioned elite warriors. If so it'll be a comedy.

    Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Fatboy RobertsFatboy Roberts Registered User
    edited January 2010
    As far as Predator movies go, that probably should have been a one and done as well. I don't even remember Predator 2, and that had Glover, Paxton and Busey as the leads. And I don't even remember it. I remember Predator working for a couple reasons.

    1) McTiernan at the height of his game
    2) The "WTF" aspect of the "this is a monster movie?" twist at the middle of the film
    3) Schwarzenegger wilding out.

    Those three things can never happen again, and were such a key to the first movie's success that I think any further attempts to make movies out of the concept is basically Chasing Amy.

    ALIENS is definitely James Cameron's best movie. As to whether it's the best action movie of all time, I dunno, That might be McTiernan's best movie - Die Hard. Either that or Raiders of the Lost Ark.

    [edit] I have no problems with Topher Grace and Adrien Brody as soldiers. The first movie had a fuckin screenwriter as a merc. A giant Sally Jessy glasses-wearin screenwriter.

    Fatboy Roberts on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    Topher Grace can not be one of the mentioned elite warriors. If so it'll be a comedy.
    He'll be a geeky scientist who gets blasted in the first 10 minutes.

    Or he'll be a hipster who gets blasted in the first 10 minutes.

    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Chen wrote: »
    also puttin' this out there: Predator is the best action movie there is
    :3

    you make a compelling point

    if only the aliens and the predators could fight amongst themselves. that would be the best movie ever!

    Typhoid Manny on
    from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    Topher Grace can not be one of the mentioned elite warriors. If so it'll be a comedy.
    He'll be a geeky scientist who gets blasted in the first 10 minutes.

    Or he'll be a hipster who gets blasted in the first 10 minutes.

    A PhD in Hipster Sciences.

    Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Topher Grace can not be one of the mentioned elite warriors. If so it'll be a comedy.
    He'll be a geeky scientist who gets blasted in the first 10 minutes.

    Or he'll be a hipster who gets blasted in the first 10 minutes.

    A PhD in Hipster Sciences.
    We've done it! The flavor and alcohol content of an entire 6 pack of PBR in a single shot! I must tell the wor...*PREDATOR'D*

    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User
    edited January 2010
    I'ma go watch alien now :D

    Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You know what we need? The actual AVP movie.

    Forget this stuff about current-earth weapons, give me god damn space marines with pulse rifles, smart guns, and auto turrets fighting an effective 3-way gangbang against some predators and a horde of aliens.

    Let's see humanity kicking ass in an alien movie again, marching to war with six pulse rifles strapped to their death-boners.

    Robman on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Robman wrote: »
    You know what we need? The actual AVP movie.

    Forget this stuff about current-earth weapons, give me god damn space marines with pulse rifles, smart guns, and auto turrets fighting an effective 3-way gangbang against some predators and a horde of aliens.

    Let's see humanity kicking ass in an alien movie again, marching to war with six pulse rifles strapped to their death-boners.
    Eh, it'll never happen. Or if it does it'll just be fan jerkoffery. The Predators are hunters, they're not interested in war. And the Aliens are a parasite, they're not organized. The only way you'd really get an Alien "war" is some kind of 28 Days Later scenario, where they've been being secretly bred on Earth for years and the containment fails. Or possibly a deep-space ship set to auto-return to Earth that's been taken over by them, but even then it wouldn't be able to land before someone figured out what was going on.

    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    AVP was a movie that should've been impossible to fuck up. you got some aliens, and you got some predators, and they duke it out. you don't even need any humans, or dialogue. just two hours of some aliens and predators fucking up each others' shit. there was no good goddamned reason for that movie to have sucked as hard as it did.

    Typhoid Manny on
    from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    AVP was a movie that should've been impossible to fuck up. you got some aliens, and you got some predators, and they duke it out. you don't even need any humans, or dialogue. just two hours of some aliens and predators fucking up each others' shit. there was no good goddamned reason for that movie to have sucked as hard as it did.
    That was AVP:R and it still sucked. When James Cameron thinks a movie about a war between alien species is going to suck, it's going to suck. It's like Michael Bay saying a movie has too many explosions in it.

    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent The World on This SideRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I firmly state that AvP and AvP:R are not "bad movies."

    Well, AvP isn't.

    Requiem looked terrible.


    And AvP pulled off some pretty violent stuff for a PG-13. I was pleasantly surprised.


    Pulse rifles sure didn't do the marines any good in Aliens. What makes you think they'd last five seconds if you threw Predators into the mix? :lol:

    cj iwakura on
    rpcJVoo.png
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA
    edited January 2010
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I firmly state that AvP and AvP:R are not "bad movies."

    I don't know about the first one, but I saw AvP:R a few months ago, and I fucking enjoyed the hell out of it. Is it because I saw the unrated cut? Aside from a few screw ups which were already established in the first movie (xenomorphs growing way too fast; acid blood being too strong), I found it dark and brutal, and completely enjoyable.
    They implanted a guy right in front of his kid! And then implanted the kid!

    Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent The World on This SideRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Zzulu wrote: »
    I haven't seen any of his movies

    You've never seen El Mariachi, Once Upon A Time In Mexico, Sin City, Spy Kids, From Dusk Till Dawn, or Planet Terror?

    O_o

    You haven't lived.
    (Well, you can get by without Spy Kids)


    And I like Predator 2 more than one.

    cj iwakura on
    rpcJVoo.png
  • Fatboy RobertsFatboy Roberts Registered User
    edited January 2010
    He was referring to Nimrod, who is actually directing Predators. Not Robert Rodriguez.

    Alien vs Predator just doesn't work as a movie. It barely works as a comic book. It works GREAT as a video game. it should probably stay in that area of entertainment.

    Fatboy Roberts on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent The World on This SideRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ah. Well, I still have high hopes just because Rodriguez is involved. Especially if Trejo's in it.

    cj iwakura on
    rpcJVoo.png
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA
    edited January 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    I've never seen the horror in Aliens, it's a good action movie but it felt completely disconnected from the suspense of Alien. To me.

    As a six-year-old, it's fucking terrifying. I have rather fond memories of watching that movie and pulling my dad's hand over my face (while still peaking through his fingers).

    Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I saw AvP:R in the theater.

    During the hospital scene, about 10 people or so RAN OUT OF THE MOVIE. RAN. Like, as fast as they could.
    I am pretty hardened when it comes to terrible scenes in movies,but man,even I was a bit woozy from that.

    Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent The World on This SideRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I was originally hyped for it, then I heard about that and decided against it. I can handle gore and all, but forget that.

    cj iwakura on
    rpcJVoo.png
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    A young woman a few seats away was basically in tears saying "Tell me they are not eating the unborn babies TELL ME THEY ARE NOT EATING THE UNBORN BABIES!!!!" over and over again.

    Seriously,that was just HELL.

    Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • DomhnallDomhnall Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    They actually did that? Wow, that's a bit over the top.

    Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • MegaforceMegaforce __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    AVP is one of the reasons that I don't care if Hollywood films are pirated. We shouldn't have to pay for shitty films.

    How hard is it to make a true AVP, in space, with pulse rifles?

    Megaforce on
  • ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    if only the aliens and the predators could fight amongst themselves. that would be the best movie ever!
    alienvsninja.jpg

    :?:

    Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Fatboy RobertsFatboy Roberts Registered User
    edited January 2010
    Megaforce wrote: »
    AVP is one of the reasons that I don't care if Hollywood films are pirated. We shouldn't have to pay for shitty films.

    How hard is it to make a true AVP, in space, with pulse rifles?

    That's not a movie. That's a video game. Just play the video game. There's nothing you're going to get out of an AVP movie that you won't get, and better, just playing the game.

    Fatboy Roberts on
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    That looks like a Ninja Gaiden movie.

    Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Domhnall wrote: »
    They actually did that? Wow, that's a bit over the top.

    It's another case of that movie trying to be shocking and just ending up being dumb as fuck. Generally whenever either Aliens or Predator ventures into "oh this is fucking disgusting" territory, it doesn't really work that well - see also Alien Resurrection. The one exception to this rule being the cut scene with Dallas in the first movie. In case you haven't seen it:
    This was before the idea of a queen was ever put to fruition. Basically, when the alien captures people, it's actually doing so because it wants to turn them into eggs.

    So Ripley finds Dallas with like half his body decomposed, still alive. I believe this must've been the first appearance of the infamous "kill me" line.

    That scene was just D: D: D:

    In contrast, the Requiem scene was completely embarrassing. As in, I should've been wearing a blanket over my head to hide my sin from God.

    Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Alien Jesus coming out of the Queen Vagina which was made from Ripley's Vagina DNA was pretty much the moment my brain turned the "I enjoy everything in every movie ever" switch to "I have taste and this here SUUUUUUUUUUUCKS".

    Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User
    edited January 2010
    Cherrn wrote: »
    Domhnall wrote: »
    They actually did that? Wow, that's a bit over the top.

    It's another case of that movie trying to be shocking and just ending up being dumb as fuck. Generally whenever either Aliens or Predator ventures into "oh this is fucking disgusting" territory, it doesn't really work that well - see also Alien Resurrection. The one exception to this rule being the cut scene with Dallas in the first movie. In case you haven't seen it:
    This was before the idea of a queen was ever put to fruition. Basically, when the alien captures people, it's actually doing so because it wants to turn them into eggs.

    So Ripley finds Dallas with like half his body decomposed, still alive. I believe this must've been the first appearance of the infamous "kill me" line.

    That scene was just D: D: D:

    In contrast, the Requiem scene was completely embarrassing. As in, I should've been wearing a blanket over my head to hide my sin from God.

    (in regards to the spoiler)
    Huh, maybe that's where the facehugger design came from, in fact that is a human ribcage with a spine for a tail

    Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I am an enormous, lifelong, ever-since-childhood obsessive fan of the Alien franchise. I haven't had the strength to watch AVP:R and I rather despise Alien: Resurrection. I've read the Colonial Marines Technical Manual more times than was probably sane.

    Here is what I would do with the franchise, or "have done" in this case. Alien and Aliens are perfect movies; no changes.

    Alien 3 has enough redeeming value some elements of it should be kept. I would have split the franchise and done Alien II and Aliens II. The "Alien" franchise is isolated, subdued, suspense horror- Alien II would involve the prison colony. Say Weyland-Yutani decides to infect a new convict just to observe from a distance the lifecycle and behavior of the alien. No connection to Ripley. The convicts were the most interesting characters there anyway, and it'd be nice to see people trying to deal with it who have no idea whatsoever what it is or how it works.

    Aliens II involves the aliens getting lose on Earth. Basically, the Sulaco makes it back, Ripley/Hicks/Bishop/Newt report to the Colonial Marines and they retire to a nice life. WY realizes hey, the Jockey ship might have survived, go retrieve some eggs, bring them to a research lab...on Earth. Containment fails...and the rest is the intro chapter to one of the Alien novels. Earth falls apart. Ripley+Hicks are part of the command council as advisors (due to prior experience) but there's nothing to be done- by the end of the movie, Earth is a desolate, empty place full of monsters and a handful of survivors desperately clinging to the hope the aliens have gone dormant for the moment, and evacuated by human civilization.

    Professor Phobos on
  • DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The Alien and Predator stories are just about my favorite sci-fi series ever. The first person who tells me that Predator was just an allegory for the African man vs. white man will have his spine ripped out and placed as a trophy on my wall.

    AvP was....eh, it was decent. It had the general idea of the novel, which was pure pulp sci-fi action, but I still loved it. Why they couldn't make the novel into the movie, I'll never know. I would watch the hell out of it.

    AvP:R was abysmall. I went in expecting Aliens fighting Predators, but I got One Tree Hill featuring aliens, and oh yeah, a Predator I guess. There does not need to be a high school love drama in Aliens or Predator dammit.

    The other Predator and Alien books got weird. They all kinda blend together for me, as I read them many years ago, but from what I recall:
    Predators live a hell of a long time. And apparently eating their flesh makes you live longer as well. One book was about a Bushido samurai who battled a Predator and ate his flesh, or something. The Predator respected him so much as a warrior that he returned like every 50 years to battle him. The samurai, having eaten his flesh, lived for through modern times if I recall, always hunting down this Predator.

    The original AvP novel had the Predators thinking the humans were the greatest sport in the galaxy because of the Predator movie. That one Arnold commando, who defeated the Predator in one on one combat, spawned a legend that humans were absolutely badass. Then when the Predators land on the colony to hunt both Xenos and humans, they find the humans to be weak and pitiful.

    And I remember one where the Xeno DNA was extracted and experimented on humans. Some super athlete swimmer tried it and swam so fast he exploded through the pool wall. Or something.

    Overall, their is some entertaining story in the books, and even some of the comics. I still enjoy the Batman vs. Predator arc. It's completely ridiculous, but I like it.

    Deadfall on
    BFzWh4r.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
    www.hoptonogood.com - Beer/Adventure/Life
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The AvP movies were horrible.

    It is a shame to see where the two best monster antagonists ever have ended up today. Why even bother mashing up the two franchises anyway? I mean the game was fun back in the 90's, but it was just silly as an actual movie and kind of cheapened both the Aliens and Predators at the same time.

    It is time we got proper movies of both franchises back, to redeem the horrible shit we've gotten lately.

    Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Zzulu wrote: »
    The AvP movies were horrible.

    It is a shame to see where the two best monster antagonists ever have ended up today. Why even bother mashing up the two franchises anyway? I mean the game was fun back in the 90's, but it was just silly as an actual movie and kind of cheapened both the Aliens and Predators at the same time.

    It is time we got proper movies of both franchises back, to redeem the horrible shit we've gotten lately.

    The only real way to do the matchup would be to have the space marines of Aliens exploring another ovverun colony, with a single Predator out hunting Aliens. You'd have to have it so that the Marines and the Predator were equally matched and equally surprised to see each other.

    Something like motion sensors and smart guns tracking the Predator, so it's got to be fucking ingenious in laying ambushes.

    Robman on
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Deadfall wrote: »
    The Alien and Predator stories are just about my favorite sci-fi series ever. The first person who tells me that Predator was just an allegory for the African man vs. white man will have his spine ripped out and placed as a trophy on my wall.

    AvP was....eh, it was decent. It had the general idea of the novel, which was pure pulp sci-fi action, but I still loved it. Why they couldn't make the novel into the movie, I'll never know. I would watch the hell out of it.

    AvP:R was abysmall. I went in expecting Aliens fighting Predators, but I got One Tree Hill featuring aliens, and oh yeah, a Predator I guess. There does not need to be a high school love drama in Aliens or Predator dammit.

    The other Predator and Alien books got weird. They all kinda blend together for me, as I read them many years ago, but from what I recall:
    Predators live a hell of a long time. And apparently eating their flesh makes you live longer as well. One book was about a Bushido samurai who battled a Predator and ate his flesh, or something. The Predator respected him so much as a warrior that he returned like every 50 years to battle him. The samurai, having eaten his flesh, lived for through modern times if I recall, always hunting down this Predator.

    The original AvP novel had the Predators thinking the humans were the greatest sport in the galaxy because of the Predator movie. That one Arnold commando, who defeated the Predator in one on one combat, spawned a legend that humans were absolutely badass. Then when the Predators land on the colony to hunt both Xenos and humans, they find the humans to be weak and pitiful.

    And I remember one where the Xeno DNA was extracted and experimented on humans. Some super athlete swimmer tried it and swam so fast he exploded through the pool wall. Or something.

    Overall, their is some entertaining story in the books, and even some of the comics. I still enjoy the Batman vs. Predator arc. It's completely ridiculous, but I like it.

    You were close but messed up one part:
    It was not their DNA but the Alien Queen(the real main big bad Alien Queen of them all) "jelly" that made the athelete run through the wall which more or less splattered him real good. The jelly is addictive but can give humans amazing abilities. It was kind of crazy to read a lot of these books about humans loving Alien jelly.

    Cade on
  • DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Cade wrote: »
    Deadfall wrote: »
    The Alien and Predator stories are just about my favorite sci-fi series ever. The first person who tells me that Predator was just an allegory for the African man vs. white man will have his spine ripped out and placed as a trophy on my wall.

    AvP was....eh, it was decent. It had the general idea of the novel, which was pure pulp sci-fi action, but I still loved it. Why they couldn't make the novel into the movie, I'll never know. I would watch the hell out of it.

    AvP:R was abysmall. I went in expecting Aliens fighting Predators, but I got One Tree Hill featuring aliens, and oh yeah, a Predator I guess. There does not need to be a high school love drama in Aliens or Predator dammit.

    The other Predator and Alien books got weird. They all kinda blend together for me, as I read them many years ago, but from what I recall:
    Predators live a hell of a long time. And apparently eating their flesh makes you live longer as well. One book was about a Bushido samurai who battled a Predator and ate his flesh, or something. The Predator respected him so much as a warrior that he returned like every 50 years to battle him. The samurai, having eaten his flesh, lived for through modern times if I recall, always hunting down this Predator.

    The original AvP novel had the Predators thinking the humans were the greatest sport in the galaxy because of the Predator movie. That one Arnold commando, who defeated the Predator in one on one combat, spawned a legend that humans were absolutely badass. Then when the Predators land on the colony to hunt both Xenos and humans, they find the humans to be weak and pitiful.

    And I remember one where the Xeno DNA was extracted and experimented on humans. Some super athlete swimmer tried it and swam so fast he exploded through the pool wall. Or something.

    Overall, their is some entertaining story in the books, and even some of the comics. I still enjoy the Batman vs. Predator arc. It's completely ridiculous, but I like it.

    You were close but messed up one part:
    It was not their DNA but the Alien Queen(the real main big bad Alien Queen of them all) "jelly" that made the athelete run through the wall which more or less splattered him real good. The jelly is addictive but can give humans amazing abilities. It was kind of crazy to read a lot of these books about humans loving Alien jelly.
    Ah, that's what it was. I just remember someone going so fast they exploded through a wall.

    Also, my favorite and most suspenseful scene from Aliens is when they're holed up in that room and they seal the door. Their motion sensor is going crazy. "Ten meters. Seven meters. Five." "Bullshit, that's inside the room." And then he pokes his head into the ceiling. Oh man, that part gets me every time.

    Deadfall on
    BFzWh4r.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
    www.hoptonogood.com - Beer/Adventure/Life
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar Not a Fictional Character Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Deadfall wrote: »
    Ah, that's what it was. I just remember someone going so fast they exploded through a wall.

    There was a comic with that scene with a runner.

    Incenjucar on
  • DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I like them all. Alien and Aliens are about on par with eachother but I prefer the latter. Alien 3, director's cut, is decent. It's hard making a good movie with an intro that shits all over one of the best movies of all time, but it's alright.

    Resurrection I like and find highly enjoyable. That comes with an explanation. As mentioned, it's directed by the dude who did Amelie, also City of Lost Children. i like his movies, they are highly quirky, and just weird. He's french, that about explains it. So it has signature wierdness, and it's also beautiful to look at, he has stunning composition and cinematography, so I like the movie. I'm aware why people don't like it, and understand that.

    AvP, was a huge let down, partially because it was PG-13. It was a fairly weak movie that focused too much on the humans. I still like it, and liked it more having seen the director's cut which was R or unrated.

    AvP Requiem I like a hell of a lot more than the first, and I think it's good.It's violent as hell. I like that. It's the same reason I thoroughly enjoy the end church scene in the Silent Hill movie. It's not much other than really violent, and yes, someone said One Tree Hill, with aliens and predators. That fine by me, because it's the monster killing the town.

    As for sequels and prequels, bring them on. I'm eager to see Predators but haven't heard much about it yet. As for an Alien prequel, there's two paths to take. The one it sounds like they're doing which is post bone ship crash but before Nostromo arrival. And then there's the pre-crash, where it follows the large humanoid creatures and their ships discovery of the xenomorphs and infestation, and ending with the crash.

    DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    May I point out in AvP Requiem's defense that it does have the distinction of containing the best death-from-nowhere scene in any movie made so far.

    Girl: Come on, we need to go down this corridor... *shunk* :shock:

    I believe I may have giggled once I realised what had just happened.

    Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User
    edited January 2010
    DHS Odium wrote: »
    It's hard making a good movie with an intro that shits all over one of the best movies of all time, but it's alright.

    Are you refering to the death of everyone sans Ripley? Granted it would of been great to have Hicks in the mix as a real leader in the prison and more of Bishop would of been great (although I'm satisfied with his appearances in the movie), but having a 10 year old blonde girl running around a maximum security prison filled with killers and rapists... yeah... :S

    But yeah, giving those 3 characters bigger roles in Alien 3 would have made a massive difference.

    Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    DHS Odium wrote: »
    It's hard making a good movie with an intro that shits all over one of the best movies of all time, but it's alright.

    Are you refering to the death of everyone sans Ripley? Granted it would of been great to have Hicks in the mix as a real leader in the prison and more of Bishop would of been great (although I'm satisfied with his appearances in the movie), but having a 10 year old blonde girl running around a maximum security prison filled with killers and rapists... yeah... :S

    But yeah, giving those 3 characters bigger roles in Alien 3 would have made a massive difference.

    I don't think it's so much that they should have had bigger roles, just that it's stupid and insulting to show such disdain for the previous (and better) director's work.

    rndmhero on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    DHS Odium wrote: »
    It's hard making a good movie with an intro that shits all over one of the best movies of all time, but it's alright.

    Are you refering to the death of everyone sans Ripley? Granted it would of been great to have Hicks in the mix as a real leader in the prison and more of Bishop would of been great (although I'm satisfied with his appearances in the movie), but having a 10 year old blonde girl running around a maximum security prison filled with killers and rapists... yeah... :S

    But yeah, giving those 3 characters bigger roles in Alien 3 would have made a massive difference.

    Well, they could have left them alive and gone somewhere other than a prison planet.

    -Loki- on
Sign In or Register to comment.