As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Super[chat]

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    My favourite Top Gear presenter is James May.

You have chosen wisely.

Thomamelas on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Just embrace it, Thom, and order a Shirley Temple.

If anyone tries to give you shit, just look them right in the eye, and sip slowly from the tiny straw.

Thanatos on
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    As far as taste goes, there's not too many non-alcoholic/non-caffeine drinks that I enjoy. (Thai Iced Tea being the exception) But are you looking to not stand out, Thomas? If so, perhaps soda water or ginger ale with a couple of dashes of bitters? Bitters are alcoholic, but a few dashes won't do anything to you and are, in my impression, classy and tasty.

I'd rather not have the alcohol in it at all.

Bitters are alcoholic only in the same sense that vanilla essence is, I don't know if that makes a difference.

Alas it doesn't. It's mostly for working dinners and my bosses are aware of my history with drinking. Explaining the tiny amount of alcohol isn't worth the time and effort. And our company has a terrible history with alcoholics.

Virgin strawberry daiquiri with peach syrup and a lime wheel.

Be a man

Fake Edit: This is way manlier than Than's suggestion.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    kirroughtreetwister.jpg

OK, yeah, I'm dead on a steep angled XC hardtail. Bike hire place has long travel Trek Fuels, though.

japan on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    My favourite Top Gear presenter is James May.

You have chosen wisely.

Don't get me wrong, all three of them have done good seperate stuff, and naturally they're brilliant when gathered together, but something about James May makes me smile. I think his cautious driving style reminds me of myself, and rather like Stephen Fry, I find his voice quite soothing.

RMS Oceanic on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I really should beat Aquaria.

Cinders on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I had a grown man order a diet roy rodgers yesterday. I felt bad because on the inside I was being a prick and making fun of him, but I just told him I had to make it with cherry syrup because I didn't have any grenadine. He said ti was fine and left me a $5 tip on a $4 drink. I felt stupid afterwards, because he was a really nice guy.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited January 2010
    syndalis wrote: »
    Woah woah woah, let's not get crazy here. I love me some JWB, but it is at best a passable scotch.

Truth.

Of course, I also adore Jack Daniels, Sailor Jerry and Jameson far more than their pricetag says I should... tasty tasty booze that isn't $texas priced is always a win in my book.

rye rye rye! Rittenhouse is far cheaper than Jack Daniels and infinitely better.
    Yeah, but I inherited my love of Jack from my father, so sentimental value rises it above things that may or may not taste better to me.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I had a grown man order a diet roy rodgers yesterday. I felt bad because on the inside I was being a prick and making fun of him, but I just told him I had to make it with cherry syrup because I didn't have any grenadine. He said ti was fine and left me a $5 tip on a $4 drink. I felt stupid afterwards, because he was a really nice guy.

You're a big dick

Sarksus on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »

If anyone tries to give you shit, just look them right in the eye, and sip slowly from the tiny straw.

I don't take food advice from people who think Taco Bell is "awesome".
    Don't get me wrong, all three of them have done good seperate stuff, and naturally they're brilliant when gathered together, but something about James May makes me smile. I think his cautious driving style reminds me of myself, and rather like Stephen Fry, I find his voice quite soothing.

I've seen some of his other stuff and really enjoyed it. And then I saw Clarkson meets the neighbors. I'm always shocked when you let him out of the country.

Thomamelas on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    As far as taste goes, there's not too many non-alcoholic/non-caffeine drinks that I enjoy. (Thai Iced Tea being the exception) But are you looking to not stand out, Thomas? If so, perhaps soda water or ginger ale with a couple of dashes of bitters? Bitters are alcoholic, but a few dashes won't do anything to you and are, in my impression, classy and tasty.

I'd rather not have the alcohol in it at all.

Plus, if you're anything like me, immense migraines will follow.

BobCesca on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Cinders wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    Tonight I will try the new McWrap thing and will probably die. I will post pics.

It tastes exactly like the old McWrap, only they added a new sauce.

I never knew there was an old one.

When I go fast food, which is rare, I usually don't choose McDonalds.

I went last night and saw the McWrap. Got the double cheese burger meal thing instead. I asked for special sauce on the double cheese and they were like, "We don't have that here".

It was a face palm moment. It's not like I asked for a Whopper.

Can I suggest Ginger Beer? Nice non alcoholic but strong beverage.

Sheep on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    No one's like you, Bob. You're the girl in a bubble.

JustinSane07 on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

Nothing wrong with a man enjoying a sweet drink.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thom, do you avoid caffeine as well?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited January 2010
    No one's like you, Bob. You're the girl in a bubble.

this is true...

BobCesca on
    edited January 2010
    I avoid caffeine and alcohol!

Yay me!

JustinSane07 on
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    kirroughtreetwister.jpg

I can jump out of a plane but I can't do this. No sir.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

You're a big dick

Seriously. Sometimes a man just wants something sweet. Like when I order strawberry milkshakes.

Cinders on
    edited January 2010

Yay me!

I think if I avoided caffeine I would die within about 24 hours.

BobCesca on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited January 2010
    Cinders wrote: »
    Tonight I will try the new McWrap thing and will probably die. I will post pics.

It tastes exactly like the old McWrap, only they added a new sauce.

I never knew there was an old one.

When I go fast food, which is rare, I usually don't choose McDonalds.

I went last night and saw the McWrap. Got the double cheese burger meal thing instead. I asked for special sauce on the double cheese and they were like, "We don't have that here".

It was a face palm moment. It's not like I asked for a Whopper.
    Some folks are retarded... you need to say "the pink shit you put on the big mac"

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

You're a big dick

Yes, yes. I don't think I've ever denied that fact.

@Japan: so I marked wednesday on my calendar for "BUY PRESENT FOR JAPAN" in huge letters. My gf asked me why I was buying a present for the country Japan.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I've seen some of his other stuff and really enjoyed it. And then I saw Clarkson meets the neighbors. I'm always shocked when you let him out of the country.

You watch Clarkson's solo stuff entirely for laughs. In many ways he works best with a restraining influence.

RMS Oceanic on
    edited January 2010
    Res wrote: »
    kirroughtreetwister.jpg

I find it slightly concerning that my fiancee seems to be trying to commit suicide on our holiday.

BobCesca on
    edited January 2010

I'm not saying it's fine dining or anything, but compared to other fast food in the same price range (McDonald's, Burger King, etc.), it's awesome.

Thanatos on
    edited January 2010
    Feral wrote: »

I love caffeine. I'm cutting back on my intake because I'm cutting back on soda but I do love caffeine.

Thomamelas on
    edited January 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »

Yay me!

I actively gave up caffeine a few years ago. I have a soda every once in a long while.

But to be fair, I've never dranken coffee. I gave it a shot, decided it tasted like roasted dingleberry and decided to leave it out of my life.

JustinSane07 on
    edited January 2010

Yay me!

I actively gave up caffeine a few years ago. I have a soda every once in a long while.

But to be fair, I've never dranken coffee. I gave it a shot, decided it tasted like roasted dingleberry and decided to leave it out of my life.

tea and coffee are nearly the only thing I drink, except for a bit of diluting juice. Maybe if I drank soda this would be different, but I have yet to find one which I like and I'm not horribly allergic too.

BobCesca on
    edited January 2010
    I find it slightly concerning that my fiancee seems to be trying to commit suicide on our holiday.
    Why? Haven't you taken out a big life insurance policy on him yet?

Thanatos on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Feral wrote: »

I love caffeine. I'm cutting back on my intake because I'm cutting back on soda but I do love caffeine.

My girlfriend and I share a pet peeve: restaurants that are too classy to have diet cola.

And by "diet cola" I mean regular old Coke or Pepsi, not some $4 bottle of organic stevia yuppie shit.

Luckily they're few and far between, so usually if I'm in a restaurant and I want something nonalcoholic a diet soda does just fine.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited January 2010
    Thomamelas, I'll keep an eye out for any good non-alcoholic drinks.

You could always get a mojito spagliato, (incorrect mojito, in Italian) which is muddled mint and lime with sugar and soda water, but the bartender would probably get pissy about that.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited January 2010

You watch Clarkson's solo stuff entirely for laughs. In many ways he works best with a restraining influence.

Oh I laughed. I'm just surprised there wasn't some strongly worded notes about him not being welcome back.

Thomamelas on
    edited January 2010

Yay me!
    I didn't know that you're a girl, Justin.

Thanatos on
    edited January 2010

I'm not saying it's fine dining or anything, but compared to other fast food in the same price range (McDonald's, Burger King, etc.), it's awesome.

Their fresco menu is pretty sweet.

Cinders on
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010

No. God. I would rather have McDonald's than Taco Bell.

Premier kakos on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

Life insurance doesn't pay out on suicide. That's why she's concerned.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010

For 90 cents you can get a non greasy grilled chicken burrito at my local Taco Bell. Chicken, lettuce, tomato, cheese, rice.

Not bad at all.

Sheep on
    edited January 2010

Life insurance doesn't pay out on suicide. That's why she's concerned.

This is the issue...

BobCesca on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Res wrote: »
    kirroughtreetwister.jpg

It's not as bad as that picture makes it look, the descent is only about five metres and it drops into a smooth transition. The actual section is called "McMoab" and it's a couple of kilometres long over an exposed granite ridge. I'm just fairly sure I'd be happier with 130mm of suspension travel at both ends of a slack angled rental bike than the 85mm at the front end of my twitchy race bike.

japan on
    edited January 2010

Whataburger and Jack in the Box kick the crap out of it. Taco Cabana beats it down, nails it to the floor and takes a dump on it's chest.
    Thomamelas, I'll keep an eye out for any good non-alcoholic drinks.

You could always get a mojito spagliato, (incorrect mojito, in Italian) which is muddled mint and lime with sugar and soda water, but the bartender would probably get pissy about that.

I've honestly given up for the most part.

Thomamelas on
This discussion has been closed.