As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GAME ON] Tatsunoko vs Capcom - Oh my gosh!

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Anyone know of some good match videos? All the ones I find are Ken/Batsu/Chun-Li/Ryu. Have yet to find one with 5/6ths of the other characters used.

Frame Advantage recent put up matches from a TvC tournament at Battlefield Arcadia. I'll post the Grand Finals match and then you can find other matches from the event under related videos. I'll only post the finals because it doesn't have any of the characters you listed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSReJfeK1Xo&NR=1

EDIT: Actually I'm going to post this one too. It has some pretty good commentary as one commentator is introducing the other to TvC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_6Fn1HKoUc&NR=1

EDIT EDIT: And for anyone who watches that video, you'll notice that Keits talks about updating and expanding his tutorial video for the US release. I'll like and spoiler his original video below. Now, some things have changed for the new release of TvC but this is still a great place to start for beginners.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ahh man, I'm loving this game. I can see myself maining Tekkaman Blade, Casshern, Ken, and Jun. Oh right. Joe if he's any good. Right now, it's Casshern and Ken. Didn't like Ken at first but then I decided to hit Practice mode with him a little.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Fig-D wrote: »
    So, uh, do we just show our code or what?

Beat me up, Scotty
    5210-0937-4320-2033

Post your location as well and I'll throw you into the OP.

oh yeah

La Crosse, WI, USA
    5210-0937-4320-2033

That's not a friend code :?

okokokok

I'm clearly already a winner, but, someone enlighten me on this. How the goose do I find my friend code in my Wii? I've looked everywhere (and am beginning to see why this online matching system was so maligned)

Linespider5 on
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You should do a data-register for your name too.
    After you log in for the first time, check your friend roster. It's at the top.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Tekkaman Blade can die in a fire.

He will be this game's Sagat.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Cripes, I never imagined Tekkaman Blade could move so fast until I saw those vids. I need to step it up!

So I brought the game to some friends last night, and there were a few Gold Lightan vs. PTX 40A matches and they where just crazy funny. The best part had to be when Gold Lightan picked up PTX over his head and then threw him to the other side of the screen, and then as PTX was getting back up, Gold Lightan did a flying drop kick to the PTX's "head" for the KO. The place went nuts with laughter.

Anyone come up with tournament rules for the game yet? I mean, aside from the usual "default damage, Timer = 99, 2/3 rounds, loser can change his characters" thing. I'm thinking for before the match begins, Player 1 picks their first character, then Player 2 picks both characters, then Player 1 picks their 2nd character to help keep things fair.

BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

yeah, those videos are brutal.

Algertman on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Algertman wrote: »

yeah, those videos are brutal.

I've fought three Tekkaman Blades online so far. One was crap and easily defeated. One was obviously not as skilled as he could be, but some of the tactics he was using didn't require him to be good, only that I wouldn't block the right way (and often times I didn't). The third was an unstoppable juggernaut of a competitor who wiped the floor with me handily. I'll get better and that skill gap will start to close but holy crap his guessing games were brutal.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I might be picking this up this week when I go out for mass effect, at which point I'll throw up my friend code. A buddy of mine on campus has it, so I've been using Viewtiful Joe/Casshern since every other person refuses to use anyone besides Zero/Frank

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I've found my favorite combo to be Alex/Yatterman-2.

Alex can really do some nasty damage, especially since he has a snapback.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    blaze_zero wrote: »
    I've found my favorite combo to be Alex/Yatterman-2.

Alex can really do some nasty damage, especially since he has a snapback.

Yeah, Alex makes his way onto almost all of my teams. Also the turned around version of his Level 3 is easily the strongest move in the games.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I still can't understand half of his garbled speech though.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man, I ordered this online but I don't want to wait until Wednesday. Stupid monetary restrictions...

So, is Jun any good? I've played the Japanese version in arcades a few times, and ended up stuck with her for a few matches. She seemed pretty weak the little bit I played, but I figure I might just be missing something here. Still, though, using Chun li seemed much more effective.

Aydr on
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    TelMarine wrote: »
    Guek wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    comic_0242_balancingissues.jpg[IMG]From my website. I love watching Ryu getting crushed. :D[/img]

Sad thing is, this doesn't even make sense considering the game already has two giant fucking robots in it.

well it kind of makes sense considering eva is about the size of an average sky scraper

is that ryu or an alien? only 4 fingers on each hand and only 4 toes on his foot.

It's supposed to be Ryu. Artists like removing fingers and toes for their own sanity and to increase the cartooney look. My original idea was actually Ryu and Rei and riding silently in an elevator to parody the TV series. Then I wanted to have EVA eating Gold Lightan while looking crazy towards the viewer. Too awesome.

What the concept made me think of was something like when Unit 01 goes crazy and eats an Angel, only he'd be sitting there with that insane look in his eye and half of some character, leaking blood everywhere, in each hand. Good work. :D

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Aydr wrote: »
    Man, I ordered this online but I don't want to wait until Wednesday. Stupid monetary restrictions...

So, is Jun any good? I've played the Japanese version in arcades a few times, and ended up stuck with her for a few matches. She seemed pretty weak the little bit I played, but I figure I might just be missing something here. Still, though, using Chun li seemed much more effective.

She's pretty good, she has some nice guessing games with some of her moves that you have to block high. She has some pushback on her standing C and the range on her DF + C isn't all that great so she seems to have a tougher time going into A, B, C, Launcher than many of the other characters.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Best thing about Tekkaman Blade is that his level 1 super punishes almost everything.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I was just about to beat a 1500 point guy who was using Zero and Tekkaman Blade which would have resulted in a Promotion for me and a Demotion for him when he DCed right after the KO screen. I can't wait for him to do that enough times that he gets sent to DC Hell.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Playing Morrigan right now, really want to find another female character for her to team up with (thats not Chun-Li). Not really feeling these other characters :|

I dislike charge characters and I also dislike characters that dont have air-supers, which excludes nearly all the women. Even in games, women are making me compromise XD

Dr Mario Kart on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Saki and Chun-li are pretty much your best bets as far as females go.

And Saki is more of the Cable of TvC(without THVB that is).

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Use Jun the Swan.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I think he wants to use good characters...

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm using Yatterman-2. She's pretty good, albeit lacking a decent air game.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Jun is good, and she's decent in the air.

I love Yatterman-2, but she has charge moves and no real air game. She's one of my favorite characters.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I wonder what the DC formula is. I played a couple guys that were good in SF4 that had a relatively low DC rate... only because they were actually good at the game. Their DC rate was around 2%, but they would 100% DC if I won.

It should factor in # of disconnects and the # of losses after some threshold. Win 70 matches and dc on your 30 losses? Your real DC rate should be 100% not 30%. Obviously, this needs to be adjusted to not screw over real connection losses.

solsovly on
  • Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm getting attached to Yatterman 2.

A, B, down B, C, Launch, delayed jump, A, B, jump A, B, C. Now if I can tag back into Morrigan and somehow go B, Fireball, Super, we'll be eating fancy tonight.

Though it seems you can go A, B, down B, C, down C, launch, but either I'm bad at it or you need corner.

Dr Mario Kart on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm getting attached to Yatterman 2.

A, B, down B, C, Launch, delayed jump, A, B, jump A, B, C. Now if I can tag back into Morrigan and somehow go B, Fireball, Super, we'll be eating fancy tonight.

Though it seems you can go A, B, down B, C, down C, launch, but either I'm bad at it or you need corner.

You need a corner or an opponent with a wide stance.

I got absolutely creamed by some guy last night. I played probably 10 matches with him and only two were close. The one that I won was due largely to luck on my part and a slip up on his. This guy had a wicked block string combo where he would get about 7-8 hits out of Zero then call Ryu as an assist and use Zero's 214 + L to get behind me while I was in block stun from Ryu's fireball. Not only did it create a very small window in which to adjust the direction of my block (which I was only able to do once) but when used with a Baroque Cancel as as actual combo this guy was able to score roughly 30 hits without even using a Hyper Combo or a Variable Air Raid. I've still managed to keep my win percentage up around 75% though, and hopefully if I run into that play-style again I'll be able to spend less time gawking and more time gettting out of it :P .

Fig-D on
  • Options
    SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ugh. Game's pretty awesome but most of my online matches so far have been about 2-3 bar SF4. Can't do fucking anything.

Really wish there was a way to filter by ping or something.

Sixfortyfive on
    poasting something foolishly foolish.
  • Options
    SakeSake Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Name: Sake
    Friend Code: 3524-3557-0939

Here's my info guys, load it up, I shall be getting all. of. yours. Prepare yourselves for my Hurricane Polymar and Ippatsuman rape, or is it, prepare to rape my Polymar and Ippatsuman? probably the latter.

Sake on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I guess I'll throw mine up here.

Name: 645
    FC: 5242-3425-9366
    Loc: West Virginia

I went ahead and added all of the USA/Canada players on the first page.

Sixfortyfive on
    poasting something foolishly foolish.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ugh. Game's pretty awesome but most of my online matches so far have been about 2-3 bar SF4. Can't do fucking anything.

Really wish there was a way to filter by ping or something.

I had that problem at first, then I played with my router until I set my Wii's IP as a DMZ Server. Much better now.

EDIT: I've also added the last two FCs to the section I've set up in the second post.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    i'll play for a little bit if anyone wants to

TelMarine on
    3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm down for a few. I just added you, my code is 3996-7915-4823.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm down for a few. I just added you, my code is 3996-7915-4823.

ok im trying to connect to you. my name is "IPLAYST".

TelMarine on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hm? Connection issue(s)?

Fig-D on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hm? Connection issue(s)?

yes. i am not a disconnecter. I'm trying to reconnect now

TelMarine on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ok, the second batch of lag was probably on my end. Sorry about that.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i dont care about losing, you dont have to pick your shit characters.

TelMarine on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The only really hard to use character in this game is Polimar, the rest should be fairly pick up and play! :P

It is amazing that this is the third versus game with Roll in it and she finally graduated out of joke character status, so does that mean Servbot only needs two more games to be good?

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I get tired of picking Ryu/Alex. I'm trying to get good with new characters. Also I keep messing up my Ippatsuman combos :( .

Fig-D on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Fuck. Wrong button.

Fig-D on