As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Modern Warfare 2: Not Balanced for Tyrannosaurus

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I am a recent member of the Church of the SPAS-12. The SPAS-12 is the Way and the Life.

Renzo on
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    MrVyngaard wrote: »
    SLyM wrote: »
    I just found an incredibly fun build. Riot shield with secondary of your choice, danger close, scav and c4. It's like using the throwing knife except you don't have to be able to aim.

Use the C4 as a trap nearby and lure them in using the shield. People seem to have their field of vision narrow RIGHT to the guy with the shield due to it being large and inviting. Often, they will move in for a knife kill.

Then you hit the detonator and giggle psychotically.

EDIT: Anyone thought of getting that Semtex on teammate to get a enemy kill challenge by using a Riot Shield duo for it? Just hook him up and CHAAAARGE.

I think I just found my new Asshole class. :D

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I think I just found my new Asshole class. :D

I'm also fond of shooting people with silencers from behind into Last Stand and leaving them with a C4 pack underneath as company.

So the wording there is appropriate.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, the camos not staying is dumb.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Last Standers are good for doing the Think Fast stuff.

What's that? You thought having and extra life would help you? *plunk*

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Honestly if you go by what most people in-game say, every class is an asshole class.

Tubing Bravo point on Sub Base in Domination when four of their guys rush it like morons? You're an asshole.
    Run with a Tactical Knife out so that you can quickstab people who bunnyhop corners? You're an asshole.
    Have a Stinger and pop enemy air support within three seconds of it spawning? Guess what, you're an asshole.

This game got so much better once I did mute-all on the in-game voice, starting playing with friends with Vent servers, and just ignoring text chat.

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    BraincowBraincow Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Braincow wrote: »
    Finally got to play with PA'ers. Even if for 2 games, it was clearly a step above the regular silly geese.

Only request is that you talk more.

hah, sorry, I'm not used to communicating with pubbies and I was being distracted in between games.

Braincow on
    Brainchow.png
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Honestly if you go by what most people in-game say, every class is an asshole class.

Tubing Bravo point on Sub Base in Domination when four of their guys rush it like morons? You're an asshole.
    Run with a Tactical Knife out so that you can quickstab people who bunnyhop corners? You're an asshole.
    Have a Stinger and pop enemy air support within three seconds of it spawning? Guess what, you're an asshole.

This game got so much better once I did mute-all on the in-game voice, starting playing with friends with Vent servers, and just ignoring text chat.

I used to (on Xbox) go down the line and mute everybody that wasn't in my party.

Then one time I forgot to bother with the other team, and hilarity ensued. After a round where one ofmy friends ran Scavenger/Stinger and just shot down everything we came into the lobby to hear a ton of bitching to the effect of "Who the fuck was the guy shooting down every last one of our UAVs? Who the fuck shoots down UAVs?!"

We do. That's who.

So now I leave the other team unmuted, and my friends do too. Enemy rage is delicious.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    mcdermott wrote: »

I used to (on Xbox) go down the line and mute everybody that wasn't in my party.

Then one time I forgot to bother with the other team, and hilarity ensued. After a round where one ofmy friends ran Scavenger/Stinger and just shot down everything we came into the lobby to hear a ton of bitching to the effect of "Who the fuck was the guy shooting down every last one of our UAVs? Who the fuck shoots down UAVs?!"

We do. That's who.

So now I leave the other team unmuted, and my friends do too. Enemy rage is delicious.

it's that kind of stoopidery that has me fearing society's ability to reason. . . "Hrmm, the other team won because every time we used our bonuses they shot it down. . . Let's keep not shooting down bonuses! This is a strategy that is clearly superior to that of the team who just won the game."

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    EtherealWalrusEtherealWalrus Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

We do. That's who.

it's that kind of stoopidery that has me fearing society's ability to reason. . . "Hrmm, the other team won because every time we used our bonuses they shot it down. . . Let's keep not shooting down bonuses! This is a strategy that is clearly superior to that of the team who just won the game."

It's worse when you're accused of camping because you temporarily holed up in a spot, killed 3 people, then called in an AC-130 off of them because the dumbfucks kept charging in with no real strategy.

EtherealWalrus on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Metacortex wrote: »

Isn't that the only way to do the Think Fast challenges?

Willeth on
  • Options
    Mr.BrickMr.Brick Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

We do. That's who.

It's worse when you're accused of camping because you temporarily holed up in a spot, killed 3 people, then called in an AC-130 off of them because the dumbfucks kept charging in with no real strategy.

THIS.
    Ive always hated this in any FPS. Especially if your wounded and need time to recover.

Mr.Brick on
    pew pew pew
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    since i started playing hardcore TDM the other day i usually run with counter UAV equipped, because theres nothing funnier than jamming the other teams radar whenever someone bothers to call in a UAV.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    DrDreidelDrDreidel Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Embrace me brothers, for last night I was formally baptized into the Church of Spas12. Skidrow domination on Ground War, I proceeded to unload the holy contents of my shells into the backs, faces and chests of all who crossed my path. And as I danced over their fallen corpses and heard footsteps coming down the corridor, I tossed a flashbang. I stepped out into the hallway, and to my delight there were two enemies, arms covering eyes, awaiting the sweet gift of death from the barrel of my shotgun.

DrDreidel on
  • Options
    solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    What attachments are you guys running with SPAs? I'm two days in and 117 kills. I plan to use holo as soon as it's available but have a couple builds with blinged ARs. Holo + FMJ? I don't want to use silencer incase it kills the one shot range.

solsovly on
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The SPAS12 is fucking hilarious on Hardcore, it's a veritable God-damn Sexual Tyrannosaurus.

Robman on
  • Options
    MoogleofdoomMoogleofdoom Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    SLyM wrote: »
    I just found an incredibly fun build. Riot shield with secondary of your choice, danger close, scav and c4. It's like using the throwing knife except you don't have to be able to aim.

I do this. I prefer a Thumper on backup but I do Hardline instead of Danger Close. Sometime I'll get crazy and do akimbo magnums. Run Scrambler on Normal, Commando on Hardcore. Smokes for Domination and Stuns for everything else.

Moogleofdoom on
    Sometimes magic sounds like tape, Robert.
    xbl: Mirage84
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010

I've learned the joys of this. Nothing like impotent man-children (and rarely actual children) screaming sexual and racial epithets at you due to their inability to think before walking into "empty" rooms and running around unexplored corners.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    Metacortex wrote: »

Isn't that the only way to do the Think Fast challenges?

Actually, I got the frag Think Fast as a game winning kill once with no last stand involved. I was around the corner by the fast food place on Terminal knowing that people were going to be over near the escalators, so I cooked a frag and chucked it, it bounced and hit a guy in the shin for the game winning kill.

It would have blown up and killed him anyway, and sure, that kill was stolen from one of my teammates, but I'll sure as hell take it.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Robman wrote: »
    The SPAS12 is fucking hilarious on Hardcore, it's a veritable God-damn Sexual Tyrannosaurus.

Aaaannnndddd...there's the new thread title.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    MrVyngaard wrote: »

I've learned the joys of this. Nothing like impotent man-children (and rarely actual children) screaming sexual and racial epithets at you due to their inability to think before walking into "empty" rooms and running around unexplored corners.

Don't forget the cries of "omg hacker" when you do something as ridiculously implausible as hear them coming like a herd of elephants and hose the wall down with an FMJ weapon.

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Robman wrote: »

Aaaannnndddd...there's the new thread title.

I'll make it so.

Also, I've come to put Silencers on my SPASes when they're on my AR class. The Marathon/SP/SAim will retain a Grip, but otherwise they'll be silenced.
    solsovly wrote: »
    What attachments are you guys running with SPAs? I'm two days in and 117 kills. I plan to use holo as soon as it's available but have a couple builds with blinged ARs. Holo + FMJ? I don't want to use silencer incase it kills the one shot range.

Holo + Grip/Ext. Mags, FMJs are irrelevant on shotguns, especially the SPAS.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    FMJs are pretty great on shotties if you want to cause everyone's FPS to plummet

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Let's kill people.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    FMJs are pretty great on shotties if you want to cause everyone's FPS to plummet

The AA-12 Bling'd with Extended Mags and FMJ is hilarious for visibly slowing the game down.

Be on in like 2 hours, Josh. In Chemistry at the moment. HALF-LIFESSSSS.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010

Grip is my primary attachment and if I use bling I throw in FMJ. There is no escaping its holy rage.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

The AA-12 Bling'd with Extended Mags and FMJ is hilarious for visibly slowing the game down.

Be on in like 2 hours, Josh. In Chemistry at the moment. HALF-LIFESSSSS.

Hey! I'll be on in like 2 hours also, because I am in (the) chemistry (lab for my job) until 5.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Grip is my primary attachment and if I use bling I throw in FMJ. There is no escaping its holy rage.

I can't stand any sight's on my SPAS. Grip or FMJ or nothing for me.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm coming on now, Josh. I am echoing your lament at the lack of CB right now, but luckily I've been playing FFA where people rarely get air support.

Had some silly geese earlier today who were nuke boosting and for some reason called a care package in exactly where they were. They got destroyed really quickly by everyone on the map while I sat back with a sniper and racked up the kills :)

Willeth on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    I'm coming on now, Josh. I am echoing your lament at the lack of CB right now, but luckily I've been playing FFA where people rarely get air support.

Had some silly geese earlier today who were nuke boosting and for some reason called a care package in exactly where they were. They got destroyed really quickly by everyone on the map while I sat back with a sniper and racked up the kills :)

The best is dropping a care package onto the boosters.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Curses! I was all "Sure Replace, whoever's online can do the new OP", but now I have a non-Tyrannosaurus related title in mind!
    Modern Warfare 2: Highway to the Danger (Close) Zone

Cause who needs guns in a war game, right?

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    hjparcinshjparcins Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I dunno why you'd use anything on the SPAS-12 except for extended mags or silencer.

hjparcins on
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    hjparcins wrote: »
    I dunno why you'd use anything on the SPAS-12 except for extended mags or silencer.

cough Fore-grip cough

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    cough it does nothing cough

hjparcins on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Curses! I was all "Sure Replace, whoever's online can do the new OP", but now I have a non-Tyrannosaurus related title in mind!
    Modern Warfare 2: Highway to the Danger (Close) Zone

Cause who needs guns in a war game, right?

You know,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZFgAzQYAN4&feature=related

just sayin'

Robman on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    hjparcins wrote: »

And I don't know why you'd want to break the spas in half by adding a silencer.

Seriously, the Church of SPAS needs to lay down some commandments.

Like, Thou Shall Not Walk Quietly Into That Good Night, or some shit.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Alright, Replace is offline, I may as well start the new thread, give me a minute.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I don't use one, I'm just saying that of all the attachments you can add to the SPAS, the only ones that actually have a tangible effect are extended mags and the silencer.

The sights are useless since you should be hipfiring anyway (because its faster, easier, and some say the spread is increased if you ADS, but I'm not sure about the veracity of that) and the grip is useless because it has no effect on a pump-action shotgun.

hjparcins on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    NEW THREAD!

Sorry Canman, I promise to include a Tyrannosaurus in the title at some point.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    A really mean sniper combo is the Intervention + Silencer, and the SPAS + RDS. It's absolutely brutal on Hardcore. It also lets you be objectively superior to all the fuckfaces running around with dual G18s or akimbo UMPs

Dual G18s are the dograpists of hardcore.

Robman on