As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bayonetta - Game of the Forever will get Sequel of the Forever. Page 49.

1313233343537»

• Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote:
    Viskod wrote:
    On the enemies where dodging will not activate witch time, can you still use the accessory that leaves little explosives in your place after you dodge? I've never really dabbled in the accessories outside of the one that lets you block and I usually forget that I can.

Man, I hope so. I love that accessory. That thing plus the one that enrages enemies so that they attack constantly == trolololololololol.

Pretty sure it does. And even on the difficulty after hard it still does a significant chunk of damage. It feels overpowered in the higher difficulties where you can't witch time but can still use the dodge bombs.

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    monger im surprised that you dont find dodge offsetting mid combo reactively super useful

thats what i particularly love about it is that it allows you to make short term plans (im going to use x combo) while at the same time letting you be fully reactive while performing it

i dont think its hard to train yourself to dodge offset reactively at all especially when most enemies have such strongly designed tells and the various dodge bonuses you can get - the game rewards you for actually dodging so much i would feel odd just.. randomly dodging to reposition

ymmv

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    The combo I find easiest for me to trigger is something like ppkkk, and it has two wicked weave kicks to the angels' faces at the end.

For some reason, the straight up ppppp one is less easy. :P

Thanks for the tips, guys. Didn't get a chance to play it more last night, but hopefully tonight I'll have some time.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Dodge offset is the best thing. I hate playing games like this where on harder difficulties you can never actually perform any combos because you can't survive staying in one place for more than half a second to do it.

*cough* Ninja Gaiden 2 *cough*

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    monger im surprised that you dont find dodge offsetting mid combo reactively super useful

thats what i particularly love about it is that it allows you to make short term plans (im going to use x combo) while at the same time letting you be fully reactive while performing it

i dont think its hard to train yourself to dodge offset reactively at all especially when most enemies have such strongly designed tells and the various dodge bonuses you can get - the game rewards you for actually dodging so much i would feel odd just.. randomly dodging to reposition

ymmv
    It eventually gets useful when you can dodge offset without having to think about dodge offsetting. You just have to get used to dodge offsetting at all first, and I didn't find that using it reactively was conducive to that process in the least.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Monger is talking about using it from a learning perspective and I agree with his approach.
    Reflexive dodge offset is what you do when you've learnt how to do it properly. It happens after you've become comfortable with it. Using it pre-emptively is a safe and easy way to get comfortable with it, since you need to be pressing the dodge button anyway.

Incidentally, don't just dodge when repositioning. Panther form when repositioning. PPPP on one side of the screen, then panther on over to the other side near their back and let them have it with the kick flurry.

I actively do this now even though I can reflexively dodge offset. I will ppp, then panther over to one group and knock them all down with the k trip, then panther over to another nearby group and knock them down, then panther around to line up both knocked down groups and do the final giant kick weave.

This shit isn't just for learning. It gives you power and control over the battlefield.

You can also use the technique to stunlock those dogs with shuruba. ppkp *hold the launching weave* then ppk *dodge offset the kick backwards away from the recovering dog so it doesn't trigger it's leaping snap* p *hold to go into sky* repeat.

You can use it to chase down joys as they do their dodges. You can use it to chase down Jeanne. You can use it to stay away from those shield and sword guys while delivering hurt and pain or setting up a launch. You can use it to absolutely slaughter grace and glory.

I can't imagine not using repositioning anymore. It would feel so...limited.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote:
    On the enemies where dodging will not activate witch time, can you still use the accessory that leaves little explosives in your place after you dodge? I've never really dabbled in the accessories outside of the one that lets you block and I usually forget that I can.

Yep. On the hardest difficulty there's no witch time, so I use that accessory permanently.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    That + moonkhala = beating the last difficulty level.

Actually doing well on that difficulty level is another thing entirely.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I got pure platinums on hard, but on NSIC I just couldn't do it, used the bombs and the blocking, used dodge offset to attack once, run away as a panther, attack once, etc. Still didn't get terrible medals, but fuck going for plat.

• Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Veevee wrote:
    This game will forever be a top 5 game because I was one of the lucky 500 to get the the Scarborough Faire tshirt

I wear it with pride

Members-only club, brah. </fistbump>

XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    I actually could have gotten it but I assumed the contest was over. Why did you have to remind me of that?

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote:
    This game will forever be a top 5 game because I was one of the lucky 500 to get the the Scarborough Faire tshirt

I wear it with pride

Same here brother. Love my Scarborough Faire shirt.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I got the achievement a week after it was posted, sent in my screenshot and email, and never got a reply... but people were saying they got theirs after sending their emails later than I did. So bummed.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    They only accepted applications from the US so ...

Morninglord on