As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Finding an open source project to contribute to

PhotonPhoton Registered User regular
I work as a software developer, primarily c#/.net stuff but also have some Java and c++ experience. I'm basically in my first job after graduating.

I've always fancied getting involved in an open source project of some sort, and it can't hurt to develop my experience to pad my CV when I move on from here.

Problem is I don't really know where to start in order to get involved... is there some kind of listing of projects in need of developers? Thought sourceforge might have something like it but I couldn't see anywhere.

Any pointers would be appreciated :) Or if some of you are already involved in things like this I'd love to hear how you find the experience in general, must be very different from programming at work where I can just shout across the room to get hold of someone!

PSN: photon_86
Photon on