As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Lost Season 6] Ben Linus Coffee-Rant Appreciation Thread [SPOILERS]

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Sam wrote: »
    Here is a cam vid of the premiere- skip to 1:36.

http://www.lostseason6.com/

that seems broken. wont play

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    SamSam Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    try refreshing and whatnot. im watching it right now.

Sam on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    1. I skimmed over the last few posts, if you guys are talking about season 6 stuff, can you please spoiler that shit? Listen, normally I'm the laxest person in the world when it comes to spoilers, but Lost is like the one thing I care about keeping fresh.

2. The premiere is tomorrow, not Wednesday, correct?

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hive wrote: »
    Shaggy wrote: »
    polaris314 wrote: »
    Another great "synch" moment that happens seasons apart is during the episode in S3 where we get Ben's backstory. He is with Annie in the classroom when an alarm sounds, you hear gunfire/explosions in the background, and Annie tells Ben, "don't worry, it's just the hostiles". Then in Season 5 we see the other half of that scene, and it is the Losties who are the hostiles. So cool to see the older episode again and know exactly what is going on off-camera.

I didn't realize that. Do they actually indicate that in Season 5? I always thought it was just some random skirmish with the hostile.

Can't be. Ben was still recovering from being shot when the Losties get into a gunfight with DHARMA.

Yeah, I stand corrected. Just watched the "Ben gets shot" episode again last night. I will say, though, that it is MUCH easier to keep the Season 5 narrative straight the second time around. Although, now that I think about it, I had everything placed in my head just fine while the episodes were airing, but then trying to explain who was where in which time period to someone else just made me confuse myself.

Edit: @ Raiden - yes, premiere is tomorrow, 2/2.

polaris314 on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
  • Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I know what lies in the shadow of the statue.

A reset.

Yar on
  • Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The term "reset" has been used too many times and in too many different ways for it to actually mean anything at this point. Taken at face value, it would mean that the story resumes from the plane trip with no crash, and nothing we've seen on the island having happened, and with no characters having memories of what we've seen. I don't think we'll see that. Anything else isn't a "reset," just a change.

Or as Jacob would say, progress.

JonBob on
    jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    wow premier is crazy

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So I've seen the first hour of the premier.

This is a real spoiler for the premier:
    So alternate timelines? I can deal with that. Just as long as it's not a straight up reset I'm fine.

And Locke straight up being the smoke monster... that's good as well.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

So alternate timelines? I can deal with that. Just as long as it's not a straight up reset I'm fine.

I thought they may be parrell but you are right- foot under water... so no island in that timestream. So why show it?

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mojojoeo wrote: »

I thought they may be parrell but you are right- foot under water... so no island in that timestream. So why show it?
    i'm wondering if the alt timeline affects the plot of the present in anyway...it appears that it doesn't.
    More of a self contained "what if?" aside.

Also, they're still stuck in the 70s? WTF? So Juliet doesn't set the bomb off?

Sam on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

i'm wondering if the alt timeline affects the plot of the present in anyway...it appears that it doesn't.

Were they not BACK in the present for the island? They mentioned they were where john blew the hatch?

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Were they not BACK in the present for the island? They mentioned they were where john blew the hatch?

well i could only hear something like 30% of the audio, what with bad quality and fucking police sirens (thanks hawaii five o!) but
    How would Juliet still be alive? She just got teleported while still underground in the same position, wile the rest ended up scattered around?

Sam on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

well i could only hear something like 30% of the audio, what with bad quality and fucking police sirens (thanks hawaii five o!) but
    How would Juliet still be alive? She just got teleported while still underground in the same position, wile the rest ended up scattered around?

chalk that up to
    donkey wheel / time stream schnanigans!

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Not reading any of the spoilers, but to me "reset" means absolutely anything at all that isn't "what happened, happened" and "the nuke is what caused the incident."

Yar on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yar wrote: »
    Not reading any of the spoilers, but to me "reset" means absolutely anything at all that isn't "what happened, happened" and "the nuke is what caused the incident."

Then yes....... but also no.

Let that sink in.

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Then the answer is yes.

Yar on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

chalk that up to
    donkey wheel / time stream schnanigans!

that's actually a bit of a plot hole. i think im gonna watch the premier again, does anyone have a link with better sound quality, or has everyone been watching the one i linked?

Sam on
  • Options
    polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Must.......behave.....temptation....to....click....spoilers.....increasing....

polaris314 on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
  • Options
    TheSuperWootTheSuperWoot Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    spoilers about the premiere:
    I like how they went back to the "let's end the episode with a montage of touching shots set to music" from the earlier seasons. It feels like they haven't done that in forever, or maybe I'm just forgetting all the recent times they've done it because the show has gotten so much crazier since then.

TheSuperWoot on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    omg 25 and a half hours eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010

seriously, fairly major but somewhat inevitable spoiler
    I don't recall if it happens in the first half or the second half of the premiere, but Juliet *does* die of her injuries eventually. But not before whispering something very important to Sawyer.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So I've been watching the final episodes of last season, and I just read a bunch of shit on the lost wiki. I have not seen any new matieral, and this post is all conjecture based on non-spoiler material so I dont think any of it needs to be spoilered*.

*actually after reading some of everyone else's spoilered material, it appears at least part of my predictions were correct, so I've spoilered that section.

The giant statue is of the Egyptian goddess Taweret; benevolent goddess representing fertility. Her main rival was an evil god named Apep or Apophis (that should be familiar to stargate fans). He was represented by a serpent.

I'm deducing that Jacob represents Taweret. He was apparently benevolent. He lived in the statue. He wasn't a chick... but I'm looking past that. He seemed to be more than just a regular man. Also Taweret being the goddess of fertility ties into all that strange baby shit that was going on in the first few seasons.
    What the lost wiki calls "Jacob's nemesis", is the fake john locke. Who I am also deducing is the smoke monster. You have to admit the smoke monster is serpent like in its movements. Apophis was also apparently the god of the underworld, or at least lived in the underworld. He (referring to the Lost version of the guy not necessarily mythology) is able to take the form of the dead.

*the reason this is spoilered is cause it turns out fake john locke is indeed the smoke monster*

So this show "lost" is essentially about the battle of Taweret and Apophis? And the Island is some kind of supernatural domain of the gods.

Either that or the information leading me to this conclusion is another red herring.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    TreTre Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Holy shit the Lost premier is 3 hours? Holy shit, yes :). Man, it's so tempting to click these spoilers but I can't... What about these promos? Do they spoil anything major? Can I watch and still pick my jaw up off the floor multiple times tomorrow night? Gonna be a long day at work tomorrow.

Tre on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2010
    Tre wrote: »
    Holy shit the Lost premier is 3 hours? Holy shit, yes :). Man, it's so tempting to click these spoilers but I can't... What about these promos? Do they spoil anything major? Can I watch and still pick my jaw up off the floor multiple times tomorrow night? Gonna be a long day at work tomorrow.

Premiere is 3 hours, but 1 hour is a recap. Still, two hours is nice. Promos are crazy and will have your head spinning about what they mean, but I'm sure you'll see them tomorrow after the premiere

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Legacy wrote: »

Premiere is 3 hours, but 1 hour is a recap. Still, two hours is nice. Promos are crazy and will have your head spinning about what they mean, but I'm sure you'll see them tomorrow after the premiere

I was watching ABC earlier and one of the new promos came one.

One of the new promos with new footage.

I threw my remote at the screen and ran screaming from the room.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Legacy wrote: »

I was watching ABC earlier and one of the new promos came one.

One of the new promos with new footage.

I threw my remote at the screen and ran screaming from the room.

I'm glad I'm not the only one overreacting. I just really hope they don't show previews of the actual premiere during the recap episode.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The new promo is fucking insane

I thought maybe I had a clue where this season would be going

Nope

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    retrovmretrovm Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    i'm doing my best at not clicking spoilers, though i did watch that first 4 minutes video. pretty awesome stuff and not particularly spoiler-y either.

i'm looping the soundtracks right now, michael giacchino is a GENIUS.
    i. can't. wait.

retrovm on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2010
    Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    retrovmretrovm Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    wish listed. oh my god.

retrovm on
  • Options
    JordyJordy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hi all,

So I love Lost...but I've been thinking about this last season and as excited as I am I wonder: is anyone else worried?

I feel like there's still so much to tackle that the show might suffer alot trying to just wrap everything up, especially if there are alt-timelines or other new plot devices introduced. We still have old mysteries and also have alot of new characters who showed up in the end of season 5 (Flocke, Jacob, Illiana, etc.) I just feel like theres no way to make this season feel well-paced. I'm afraid the writing is going to be too hectic dealing with everything.

Anyone elese share in my worries?

Regardless I am crazy excited, I can't wait to see this premiere! I've been a lurker here a long time, but really want to get more involved in chatting about things...so nice to meet you all!

Jordy on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm not worried about it

The producers have said that not every single question will be answered, and yes, there will be some disappointments from people worried about dumb stuff (like probably Libby or something)

But the reason for this is specifically because they're not going to be doing a constant barrage of "Here is the answer to this, this and this" throughout the season

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm not worried about it

The producers have said that not every single question will be answered, and yes, there will be some disappointments from people worried about dumb stuff (like probably Libby or something)

But the reason for this is specifically because they're not going to be doing a constant barrage of "Here is the answer to this, this and this" throughout the season

Agreed. I think it'll work out well, and if the promo is any indication, the focus will be on answering the question that has lingered since the beginning: Why *them*? Why of all people did they come to the island, why did Jacob do what he did in the past that changed their lives? Why the strange connections even before getting on the plane?

I'm less worried about "What is the smoke monster?" and "What do the numbers really mean?" than I am about the larger questions that've lingered since the beginning, and I wager they will tackle those well by the end.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Not only that, but by the end of season five we're like 99% sure what the Monster is, so that one's out of the way

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I don't even have a blu-ray player yet and I'm going to buy that collection.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Not only that, but by the end of season five we're like 99% sure what the Monster is, so that one's out of the way

Well, I mean, we know *WHO* it is, but there's yet to be any kind of explanation for how all that works, and I'm expecting there won't be.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    yeah a lot of stuff just doesn't have a logical explanation. the time flash thing isn't logical, and it's also not logical that the flashes occur at times that serve the needs of the plot to a t.

Sam on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The extras announced for the complete series are extremely underwhelming.

All DVDs + 2 hours of special features. Boooooooo.

GIVE ME MY MAP.

I think at this stage - owning seasons 1-4, Im going to get that DHARMA kit and just the standard Season 6 set, unless more extras come out.

I do love the island under the sheet artwork though.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Well, I mean, we know *WHO* it is, but there's yet to be any kind of explanation for how all that works, and I'm expecting there won't be.

Well, I'm fairly confident that at least the answers to all these questions won't be "God did it" like some other show.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
This discussion has been closed.