As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Happies, Hates, Hopes and Preparation H

EchoEcho ski-bapba-dapModerator mod
edited March 2010 in MMO Extravaganza
...I got nothing.

Echo on

• HellektroHellektro Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm happy for a new thread!

Hellektro on
    Iran is confirming a daughter of al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden is at the Saudi Embassy in Tehran.

Tiger will nail her within a week.
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm hopeful for the future of this thread.

815165 on
  • GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy - New thread smell

-inhales-

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hope: There had been a foot of snow on the ground thus giving me a reason to miss work
    Happy: I didn't miss work cause I need money
    Hate: Most everyone had the same idea as me but still went ahead and stayed home.
    (all related to STO starting today)

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Umm...

Happy: 3 more saronite to go till i get new pants! Also snagged a new ring last night from 10s, just happy i won it over the shamn-that-rolls-on-everything-but-tanking-stuff.

Happy2: Getting better at tanking, last night heroic run I was able to manage so well when it could of gone horribly wrong pretty quick. So proud :D

olo: we wiped a couple times on vampire lady last night, we were all tired and just not preforming well. Plus anything that could go wrong, did. Couple of attmepts the first person that was bitten couldn't "bite" anyone , then I caused a wipe because I was told to wait as long as possible before bitting... 5 sec left, running in for the bite... my target dies and i get MC'd right after. They didn't control me right away so i had to chuckle abit watching my toon go after healers. Always funny when the AI takes over me and I go melee priest. Fear my leet staff skillz.

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hate: Saurfang 25.

We keep getting to him, then for whatever reason, it just stalls out on us because for whatever reason, the Blood Beasts decide to stick to the melee. So, Saurfang puts up one of his marks, and it hits a healer, or it hits a tank or... I'm half convinced to show up tonight in tank gear so I can grab him on the fly in the event of a tank dropping.

mrsnackroad on
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

We keep getting to him, then for whatever reason, it just stalls out on us because for whatever reason, the Blood Beasts decide to stick to the melee. So, Saurfang puts up one of his marks, and it hits a healer, or it hits a tank or... I'm half convinced to show up tonight in tank gear so I can grab him on the fly in the event of a tank dropping.

Your melee DPS/tanks needs to stop using cleave/aoe abilities just before beasts pop, or your ranged need to attack them faster.

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

That's when you check the logs and see what melee was doing. There's a pretty good chance it was a ret paladin using divine storm, warrior using whirlwind, etc and not paying attention to timers.

Nobody on
    edited January 2010
    Happy: Cleared out the Desolace quests on my way to Loremaster.

Hate: Had to do Desolace quests and Maraudon.

Hrm: Mara had some pretty cool looking parts to it. Too bad the entire instance is way too long and confusing in some parts (and heck, lets include that portion just outside in that statement).

Hope: about 35 quests to go, and I know where about 10 are right off the bat.

Nobody on
    edited January 2010
    We KNOW not to do the AoE thing, thankfully we broke our Paladins of their Consecrate habit "But I only did 10k damage to them!" they'd say.

But, Divine Storm is an AoE too? Whirlwind would be easy to spot, too, but I haven't seen them doing anything like that. I'll have to dig into logs a bit tighter, I'd really like to down Saurfang tonight and get into the Plagueworks on 25 man.

mrsnackroad on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yeah that's their only AoE ability apart from seals.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Divine Storm, Consecration, Holy Wrath and Seal of Command all act as AOE.

Samphis on
    edited January 2010
    Consecrate should only really be pulling the beasts onto the paladin if the ranged group aren't doing their job in picking up the beasts. Ret paladins can also pull them by using Divine Storm and Seal of Command (which they shouldn't be using on this fight anyway).

EDIT: Holy wrath won't pull the beasts since they aren't undead.

Nobody on
    edited January 2010
    Consecration olol.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hate: For the second week in a row the instance server shits on us on tuesday. Right before we pull Marrowgar, it crashes, and when it finally logs our toons out, it won't let us into the instance, saying it's full.

Happy: Despite a lot of mains not being on, we managed to reconvene an almost full group and get to Saurfang with little trouble, though not too many awesome drops.

Happy: The caster dagger dropped and went to a our healy priest!

Happy: We have a healy priest! he was one of the two that left last week in the big group. They were all RL and old guild friends that he had faction transferred with, so they were about the only people he knew hordeside other than our guild. So he followed them out. Then he realized that they were for the most part, not that great, and had gone to a much worse place than our guild. That our GL let him come back shows how much he wants a good raiding priest. He almost never lets anybody who gquit come back.

Huh: The mail healing pants dropped off one of the warders last night. Our GL, who currently is our only active shammy healer (my RL friend who was our other awesome shammy's apartment burned down a few weeks ago so he doesn't have a computer for now) already has them. He's got them in the bank for now and I'm debating whether to take them. It's not plate, and it'd break my 4pc t9 bonus, but they're so nice...

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    AoE effects have only 5% effectiveness due to Resistant Skin. Consecration can still pull threat, but pretty much only if nothing else has hit that particular beast.

Attacks like "hits all enemies within X yards" count as AoE and do 1/20th damage. Attacks like "hits up to X nearby enemies" don't and do full damage.

SabreMau on
    edited January 2010
    Happy: Got my Druid alt made, up to level 5 and heirloomed up.

Hate: Wasn't paying much attention and bought the wrong heirloom. Oh well, on for one spec and one for another isn't going to be too horrible to level in. Hell, I was using Spellpower plate gear on my Ret Paladin the first time up to about 65, and I still didn't have too much trouble leveling. In my defense, every freaking quest reward in BC is spellpower plate.

Samphis on
    edited January 2010
    Ret paladins and prot paladins used spellpower at one point. Or shockadins even.

bowen on
  • Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You know that you can refund badge items as long as they haven't been enchanted, right?

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
    edited January 2010
    I didn't notice until I had already mailed them to the new guy. I'm pretty sure mailing them also breaks the refund timer.

Samphis on
  • XArchangelXXArchangelX Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hate: Took a look at my old tailor in order to get him ready for leveling and discovered that while the new thread you have to buy costs 3g each, wtf!, the shitty things you can make with it to level tailoring vendor for 2g or less.

XArchangelX on
    Eve Online is a terrible game, but I used to play, for the lulz!
    Steam
    Only the strong can help the weak.
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    When you try to put heirlooms in the mailbox it pops up going "hey, you can't get a refund if you do this, is that okay?" so you must have blindly clicked through it.

Preparation H: My raping at the hands of the hackers has been soothed a bit. My Insanity guild bank has lost all of its Librams, Darkmoon Cards, and Large Brilliant Shards but in turn I gained the hacker's Pristine Black Diamonds and Primordial Saronite stock, so I should be able to buy back the lost goods once the saronite sells.

Opty on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: 78 last night on the warrior, despite being deluged with texts, emails and people wanting to get in touch.

Yeahbuhwhat: ... it really got out of hand. I'm not used to that many people wanting to say hi randomly.

Hope: Another 80 by sunday. Soon the alt gear train will head out from the station.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited January 2010
    Opty wrote: »
    When you try to put heirlooms in the mailbox it pops up going "hey, you can't get a refund if you do this, is that okay?" so you must have blindly clicked through it.

Preparation H: My raping at the hands of the hackers has been soothed a bit. My Insanity guild bank has lost all of its Librams, Darkmoon Cards, and Large Brilliant Shards but in turn I gained the hacker's Pristine Black Diamonds and Primordial Saronite stock, so I should be able to buy back the lost goods once the saronite sells.

Yeah, it was my fault. It'll work out though. I have one tanking heirloom, and one healing heirloom on the druid, so that'll give me incentive to dual-spec earlier. It'll make LFD runs while leveling pretty sweet. So, dumb mistake that will work out in the long run.

Samphis on
  • GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hope - We don't stumble on Saurfang again tonight and get to give Festergut and dare I hope even more done this evening.

Hate - Pre-emptive hate for the 3 people that will log in at 9:30 for the 9:00 start.. It happens every week :|

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Horray!: 10m Putricide and 10m Blood Queen down with 5 attempts left. Putricide took 7 because our tanks had to learn how to do the Aboms. Blood queen took 2, with a TWO THOUSAND HP WIPE :(!

Hate: Officers worked out 2 10m iccs. My group got stuck with a bad feral druid who more or less got carried (4k dps? Grats on level 80!). The other group got screwed even harder, 2 warriors (fury, arms) while we had ZERO plate dps. I made the suggestion that we should exchange the druid with the one of the warriors (other group had a Feral tank so they had both Bleed dmg buff and 5% melee crit), but I was told it would be a bad idea. This leads me too..

Hatex2: officer bias due to \/

Hilarious: After wiping us on prof putricide because she did not kite the gas, feral druid ventted the GM with a bind key.
    He forgot to hit his vent bind that only talks to her and responded with : "What happened baby?"
    The catch: They don't know each other IRL.

TheCrumblyCracker on
    edited January 2010
    Hmm: I wonder if those runes you can get from the Bone Witch in Icecrown work in ICC.

Has anybody else tried this yet?

mrsnackroad on
    edited January 2010
    Yeah like day one. They don't work.

TheCrumblyCracker on
    edited January 2010
    Yeah like day one. They don't work.

Damn, thought I was onto something.

mrsnackroad on
    edited January 2010
    Hatex2: officer bias due to \/

Hilarious: After wiping us on prof putricide because she did not kite the gas, feral druid ventted the GM with a bind key.
    He forgot to hit his vent bind that only talks to her and responded with : "What happened baby?"
    The catch: They don't know each other IRL.

uh oh. This kind of favoritism ruined my last guild for a while.

Long story short, we had an officer playing favorites with a rogue (who didn't even know how to use combo points. At level 80. As in, didn't even know they were there).

Naphtali on
    edited January 2010
    The worst part is that I made a comment in vent right after and no one said anything. She has her own rank in guild and her own vent channel that is passworded.

ERP much?

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    As a former Rogue who struggled to find raid groups in a sea of other rogues, that makes me angry.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    I hope your GM is not the vengeful or resentful type, Cracker.

Naphtali on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The worst part is that I made a comment in vent right after and no one said anything. She has her own rank in guild and her own vent channel that is passworded.

ERP much?

Bet she has her own form of "DKP" too, if you know what I mean.

But that kind of bias can do some serious damage to a guild. I wish you guys luck.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    As a female gamer and a raid main tank that works her butt off to get gear/into raids/anything important, that makes me wish I had the ability to strangle people through the internet.

Silly geese like that need to stop giving my gender a bad rap.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: 25man sourface down, second week of real attempts, 1 shoted.

Hate: SBC/ATT chicago lost a hamster last nite or something, internet was down until about 30 mins before raid time and i had lag spikes all night.

If your guild leader is pulling that kind of favoritism you are basically standing at the intersection of "time to find a new guild" st and "this guild is going to collapse" ave. Sure the city might open a detour to "gm stops being a silly goose" rd. but I wouldn't wait for it.

And yea it sucks.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    That's odd. I bought a plate heirloom chest when they first came out, mailed it to my 60ish paladin, put it on, had second thoughts, sent it back and got a refund.

Coconut Monkey on
  • JohnnyToxxicJohnnyToxxic Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Decomposey wrote: »
    As a female gamer and a raid main tank that works her butt off to get gear/into raids/anything important, that makes me wish I had the ability to strangle people through the internet.

Silly geese like that need to stop giving my gender a bad rap.

Whatever Cwn.

(It's me Gork. You can stab my face later)

**edit**
    Decompsey here is hard core. She stopped playing in BC when we were raiding Kara and Gruul's. When she came back she went nose to the grindstone and shot up to 80 where she quickly started raiding and holding her own.

And she'll cut ya. I wish there were more WoW chicks like her and less of the not good kind.

JohnnyToxxic on
    Friend Safari Code: 0189-8920-9235
  • ExistentialSoundandFuryExistentialSoundandFury Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I find this particularly intolerable. At one time I was the GM for a small raiding guild that included my fiance. If she was having difficulties in the raid, I was the first to talk to her with "What's going on?"

I never showed favoritism, but then again it was made easy with her being one of the top DPS. She's competitive so the only trouble we occassionally have is if we're both DPS in a raid, but I make up for beating her dps (slightly) by letting her use CoD instead of CoE since I raid as Unholy.

ExistentialSoundandFury on
    399831.jpg
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    That's odd. I bought a plate heirloom chest when they first came out, mailed it to my 60ish paladin, put it on, had second thoughts, sent it back and got a refund.
    Yeah I seem to remember still having the refund text on an heirloom after sending it to my alt.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.