As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STO] Thread is not responding. Thread is offline for emergency maintenance

15556575860

Posts

  • ScabiesScabies Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    yeah. it was intentional. look at teh celestial bodies.

    Scabies on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ah, I see, Pika's new name is 'Odd Celestial Phenomenon'. Good choice. :P

    Astale on
    Alistair wrote: »
    I use Dog as a cover for when I put dead animals in Morrigan's underthings
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Wincest?

    Oh no, no no no no no.

    That doesn't mean what I think it does.

    That show...I swear to God.

    Cade on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    New character made!

    I proudly present to you: Antonio Domingo Iglesias
    STO_AntonioDomingo.jpg

    He's a ladykiller.

    Lucascraft on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Two Moons One Sun?

    PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • ScabiesScabies Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    sigh.. the moons are eyes, the sun is the mouth. "o.o"

    Scabies on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Scabies wrote: »
    sigh.. the moons are eyes, the sun is the mouth. "o.o"

    I was gonna go with Twincest.

    Docshifty on
  • ScabiesScabies Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Scabies wrote: »
    sigh.. the moons are eyes, the sun is the mouth. "o.o"

    I was gonna go with Twincest.

    yeah im going to have to go back and delete things. I thought it was funny when panning the camera around that there was a natural formation of "o.o", and tried to apply it to something "o.o"worthy

    twincest is the correct answer. it must be late -.-

    Scabies on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bejeavisbejeavis Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I climbed to the top of the exchange. Yay. This is pretty much all the endgame content that STO has to offer.
    2l8dbo8.jpg

    bejeavis on
  • JaikersJaikers Registered User
    edited February 2010
    Cryptic has never been known for ground breaking endgame content but exchange climbing could do it! Ice climb anyone? eh?

    Jaikers on
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I had a great idea for a new thread title. I'd be willing to make the next one again, or if someone else wants to take the reins, I'd be willing to relinquish the position. I'm good either way.

    ugh i don't really want to make one again, you took over well, i say you just make another one right now

    Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • RobzielRobziel Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    What's the best type of shields for Escorts? Covariant looks nice because they tend to be the toughest shields to bring down, but resilient shields have absorption.

    Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    buddy keys. 1-5 day pass per retail copy.

    PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    New character made!

    I proudly present to you: Antonio Domingo Iglesias
    STO_AntonioDomingo.jpg

    He's a ladykiller.

    And the only Hispanic in Star Trek history.



    Seriously. There has never been any major crew members on any version of star trek that was Hispanic. I find that weird.

    Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork


  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    well it is about a utopian future

    PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • ydejinydejin Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    New character made!

    I proudly present to you: Antonio Domingo Iglesias
    STO_AntonioDomingo.jpg

    He's a ladykiller.

    And the only Hispanic in Star Trek history.



    Seriously. There has never been any major crew members on any version of star trek that was Hispanic. I find that weird.

    What about B'Elanna Torres. I know she's half-Klingon, but I always assumed her last name meant she was half-Hispanic. The actress playing B'Elanna's maiden name is Caballero.

    ydejin on
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Weirdest thing.

    I sort of lost my interest to play the game after I got my second ship. I think Escorts may not be for me and Cruisers are.

    Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    see317 wrote: »
    Picture of my ship, the USS Larson.
    Larson.jpg

    And a picture of my horrible abomination, Hiss, and her crew.
    Hiss.gif

    Spoilered for big. Also for terrible.

    Wow. That's gotta suck. Two Bolians? Damn.

    GungHo on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Oh hey. The front page of the STO website now says that I have 1 buddy key available. However, there's also some information contradiction. The front page says 10 days, but when you click the image, the information page says its a 5 day key. Pretty awesome that they can't even get something as simple as a website update correct on their first try.

    I swear, Cryptic develops by way of trial and error. They don't seem to test or proofread anything. They just throw stuff together and put it out there, then they tweak it after its already live.

    Lucascraft on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    You may have just hit their super secret company design philosophy on the head, there, if the pained muttering is any indication.

    Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    You know what really gets me?

    Of the 31 "energy spam" emails I have, there's only like 2 or 3 different subjects, and they make no effort to obscure the URL, at all.

    It would take an ISP Email tech about 3 minutes and a slice of cold pizza to set up a filter to block this shit. Are they even trying?

    KiTA on
    time to crash, the dawn is up, the sun gleems out glorious ps4 sunbeams and i can trade those sunbeams and do whatever i want with them.
  • ScabiesScabies Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Oh hey. The front page of the STO website now says that I have 1 buddy key available. However, there's also some information contradiction. The front page says 10 days, but when you click the image, the information page says its a 5 day key. Pretty awesome that they can't even get something as simple as a website update correct on their first try.

    I swear, Cryptic develops by way of trial and error. They don't seem to test or proofread anything. They just throw stuff together and put it out there, then they tweak it after its already live.

    yeah there are still a ton of silly typos (POLYweave instead of POLLYweave, the one mission with the TACTICLE report)
    its like this game was made by high schoolers that lrnd eng on AIM. or txt msg lol.

    Scabies on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magic RadioMagic Radio Registered User
    edited February 2010
    Scabies wrote: »
    yeah there are still a ton of silly typos (POLYweave instead of POLLYweave, the one mission with the TACTICLE report)
    its like this game was made by high schoolers that lrnd eng on AIM. or txt msg lol.

    Cryptic has always suffered from this issue, and you can still see it in CoX to this day. Their inability to proof read (or hire a professional to do it) was painfully obvious in CO as well. If you go back and read the fiction that was posted up to the release of CO you'll see what I mean.

    Magic Radio on
    Frei wrote:
    you get to talk as if you are an internet wizard, forecasting the tides
  • WillisIVIIXWillisIVIIX Registered User
    edited February 2010
    Eck, so the dailies reset 24:30 after turn in, hilarious that it suffers from the 30 min cooldown like normal explorations yet also another 24 hours, nevermind the few items to choose from.

    I'm thinking I'll unsub for a bit, just help my buddies level up some before the free month wears, come back in a couple months see how things have shaped up.

    WillisIVIIX on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    GungHo wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    Picture of my ship, the USS Larson.
    Larson.jpg

    And a picture of my horrible abomination, Hiss, and her crew.
    Hiss.gif

    Spoilered for big. Also for terrible.

    Wow. That's gotta suck. Two Bolians? Damn.

    Why you got to be hating on my Blueman Group away team?
    Seriously, what's the problem with Bolians?

    see317 on
    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    see317 wrote: »
    GungHo wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    Picture of my ship, the USS Larson.
    Larson.jpg

    And a picture of my horrible abomination, Hiss, and her crew.
    Hiss.gif

    Spoilered for big. Also for terrible.

    Wow. That's gotta suck. Two Bolians? Damn.

    Why you got to be hating on my Blueman Group away team?
    Seriously, what's the problem with Bolians?

    They need to quit pretending their officers and stick to being the barbers they are good at being. (also that line down the middle of their head makes them look like two people put together so strange) :lol:

    MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Never trust someone who doesn't have hair to cut yours.

    Uh, unless you're looking for a real close shave, I guess.

    Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • BansheeBanshee Registered User
    edited February 2010
    Bought my runabout last night. Pretty fun to mess around in, but seriously weak (with Mk III-IV equipment). I guess it would be a good ship to help some newbie friends as they play their LT rank.

    Banshee on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maerdredmaerdred Registered User
    edited February 2010
    Played for a couple hours yesterday with my first Escort. It's amazing how different it is than the light cruiser. Fast and Agile, and with the right officers equipped, I can really do a ton of damage with a pretty basic weapon load.

    I kind of wish I had chosen Cruiser for the looks of the ships, but I can always take another 2 weeks to level to 11 on another character.

    Maybe once I learn more about the game and have a grasp on how better to spend points I'll make someone to consider a main. I feel like I have to alts right now.

    maerdred on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I had a great idea for a new thread title. I'd be willing to make the next one again, or if someone else wants to take the reins, I'd be willing to relinquish the position. I'm good either way.

    ugh i don't really want to make one again, you took over well, i say you just make another one right now

    I'm gonna get to work on making a new one. I think I'll do an overhaul on the newbie advice and try to make it as streamlined as I can.

    Lucascraft on
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    :^:

    Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm wanting to add a "Game Resources" section to the new thread. What should I include? Please provide links and I'll add them to the new OP.

    Lucascraft on
  • DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Oh hey. The front page of the STO website now says that I have 1 buddy key available. However, there's also some information contradiction. The front page says 10 days, but when you click the image, the information page says its a 5 day key. Pretty awesome that they can't even get something as simple as a website update correct on their first try.

    I swear, Cryptic develops by way of trial and error. They don't seem to test or proofread anything. They just throw stuff together and put it out there, then they tweak it after its already live.

    Trial and error implies they learn from their mistakes...:winky:

    Dissociater on
  • MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    maerdred wrote: »
    Played for a couple hours yesterday with my first Escort. It's amazing how different it is than the light cruiser. Fast and Agile, and with the right officers equipped, I can really do a ton of damage with a pretty basic weapon load.

    I kind of wish I had chosen Cruiser for the looks of the ships, but I can always take another 2 weeks to level to 11 on another character.

    Maybe once I learn more about the game and have a grasp on how better to spend points I'll make someone to consider a main. I feel like I have to alts right now.

    ..or you could just buy a cruiser? Their not that expensive. Well, unless you already dumped points into escort, then your stuck unless you respec.

    Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Man with stalker, avp, and bad company ive had like no time for sto..

    randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • RobzielRobziel Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I'm wanting to add a "Game Resources" section to the new thread. What should I include? Please provide links and I'll add them to the new OP.

    Soon as I get home I'll drop some links for you.

    Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Robziel wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I'm wanting to add a "Game Resources" section to the new thread. What should I include? Please provide links and I'll add them to the new OP.

    Soon as I get home I'll drop some links for you.

    K thanks. I've got a few but more is always better.

    Lucascraft on
  • RobzielRobziel Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Well I might have the same ones as you but dosen't hurt to double check ;p

    Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So I hit LC2 and I'm chillin' with my default science ship. Is there a way to get a new ship without levelling up?

    Also, quantum torpedoes are awesome. Also, as a science ship, I have two science consoles and I'm a science officer myself - that seems redundant as hell. Am I stuck doin' that forever?

    Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • RobzielRobziel Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    You can buy the other ships on tiers you have reached. So you could go buy the tier 2 Escort and Cruiser.

    And unless you switch to cruiser or escort if you stick with science ships you are always going to have a ton of science consoles just as cruisers have engineering ones and escorts have tacticool ones.

    Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
This discussion has been closed.