As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mistwalker+Nintendo Announce The Last Story Wii RPG from the creator of Final Fantasy

13»

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Xagarath wrote: »
    There's still Dragon Quest on the horizon for the Wii sometime, and the new Rune Factory.

The game I really want to see localised is Night of Sacrifice, but I'm not holding my breath :(

I'll believe a Wii Dragon Quest when I see it on the shelf and not a day earlier. Bethesda is 'working' on a Wii RPG too, you know.

Linespider5 on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Guek wrote: »
    MS or Sony would be hyping the utter shit out of this game due to pedigree alone. Due to such poor consumer awareness, it'll probably move medicore numbers if it ever does get localized, and then ninty and everyone else will scratch their heads and wonder what happened.

morons...

They might hype it

But I doubt it would do any good anyways

Especially when people are like "Yep, these guys gave us Blue Dragon for fuck's sake, and Lost Odyssey."

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This looks... fucking slick. The presentation is beyond top notch. No wonder Nintendo is hyping it to hell and back in Japan. If this doesn't come out in the US someone had better translate it and make a bootloader like they did for Fatal Frame (I wonder if that actually works though... I haven't wanted to import a game that might be useless).

Mblackwell on
    Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    http://www.vg247.com/2011/01/12/no-plans-currently-for-western-last-story-release-gets-new-5-minute-trailer/
    Nintendo’s told VG247 it has “no plans” currently to bring The Last Story to western audiences.

“We have no plans at present,” a rep told us when asked if it was bring brought west at some point this year.

The publisher’s comment comes as two new videos of the game appeared online, including a five-minute long trailer.

The movie details some the Mistwalker RPG’s finer story plot details, albeit in Japanese, as well as showing off gameplay action and the world of Ruli Island.

A 15-second TV ad has also appeared alongside it. Get that below with the trailer.

The Last Story releases on January 27 in Japan for Wii.

:(

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    SulSul Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So, do freeloaders work well? This and xenoblade may be the impetus to actually get me to import.

Sul on
    Who is the mortal I see every morning with more than a little bit he must be important
    Nintendo Friend Code: SW-0689-9921-0006
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    DAMMIT NINTENDO

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    This is the first game in a while that has garnered a minimum of interest. Which has not happened with a wii game for a while. It looks cool.

My only complaint is that "The Last Story" sounds the same as "Final Fantasy"

Kadoken on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kadoken wrote: »

My only complaint is that "The Last Story" sounds the same as "Final Fantasy"

That's the point.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    C'mon Vagrant, you're stealing all his thunder.

I bet he felt real proud of his deductive reasoning. Like a modern day Sherlock Holmes.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Not sure if it means anything, however I have found a store that is accepting preorders for The last story, when I asked about a release date I was told that they were expecting it to come out by the end of the year.

Of course this is just what I heard from a retailer, so a grain of salt is in order.

Road Block on
  • Options
    AwkAwk Registered User regular
    So this comes out on August 14th in North America... Has anyone played the japanese version and have any thoughts?

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Awk wrote: »
    So this comes out on August 14th in North America... Has anyone played the japanese version and have any thoughts?

I've played the European version, if that counts. And my thoughts are that it's OK, it's got some likeable characters and the battle system is reasonbly fun, but Xenoblade Chronicles and Pandora's Tower are superior games.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Xagarath wrote: »
    There's still Dragon Quest on the horizon for the Wii sometime, and the new Rune Factory.

The game I really want to see localised is Night of Sacrifice, but I'm not holding my breath :(

I'll believe a Wii Dragon Quest when I see it on the shelf and not a day earlier. Bethesda is 'working' on a Wii RPG too, you know.

This cracks me up.

Anyway, I had totally forgotten I had this preordered on Amazon. Ugh, right between Darksiders 2 and Fall of Cybertron. This might have to wait so I can put the time it deserves into it.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    Sorry to bump the thread, but what's the deal with this game? Isn't it supposed to come out today? Not a single store has it and any online retailer I check either shows a different release date (Amazon) or none at all (EBGames).

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Back ordered everywhere from what I can tell. Must have been a small shipment or something.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Walked into a GameStop to see if they had it and they were supposed to get some in the next day or so.

Still not super sure I even want to pick it up

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I played some of this on holiday vacation, I am curious if some of the stuff you find changes the plot. I need to read the manual.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I finally finished this. Seriously, this had probably my favorite video game love story of all time, and the ending was pretty tragic and made me sad.

One of the most well told stories of the generation. See Square, this is how it's done.

I did all the chapters, including the optional ones. The final boss took me a few tries to finally beat...but I did it.

Seyrenne and Reyn would make the most awesome babies of all time!

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    But but, Sharla would have him drawn and quartered for that!

;-)

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    That's true, and I do love Sharla and Reyn together. It's fun watching him be stupid and her picking on him for it.

Although Seyrenne could so totally take her. :P

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Wow. That sucks, I guess nobody ended up playing this? I just started a bit ago after getting it for Secret Santa and I'm liking it a lot so far.

In fact, I just got a set of dragon armor and thought, "Huh, looks neat. Reminds me of Legend of Dragoon armor kinda." Then I pumped it up to +6 immediately and holy shit what the hell did I just do.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Schide wrote: »
    Wow. That sucks, I guess nobody ended up playing this? I just started a bit ago after getting it for Secret Santa and I'm liking it a lot so far.

In fact, I just got a set of dragon armor and thought, "Huh, looks neat. Reminds me of Legend of Dragoon armor kinda." Then I pumped it up to +6 immediately and holy shit what the hell did I just do.

It's XSEED's most successful game, so enough people played it. Not huge numbers, but enough.

• Options
    Well that's good. Though I kind of meant more on this forum since it looks like there's been next to no discussion of it.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Yeah. I dunno if there was another thread or what.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    We actually had a few people play the import in the other thread. Myself included. Hell, I managed to accidentally order the super duper edition twice, so I have an extra floating around her unopened.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Ah, I see. This was the first one that came up. I'll have to check out that one too, thanks.