As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] [Chat] There must always be a bitching

• Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm new to dungeon healing on my 71 priest so I'm a bit scared to DPS most of the time. Still, it took three or four damaging spells over the course of an entire boss fight to outdamage an LFD hunter. Heh.

I have a dreadful feeling this is going to be a common occurrence. Oh, well--I will take on the challenge!

EDIT:
    And am I blind or is there no priest thread here?

Gnomeregan:
    Yay! Die, crappy dungeon!

Monsty on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    Wow, 1:1 frost lotus. Holllaaa.

Also, Gnomeregan.

Just go and herb because I have 63 in the bank on my rogue when I and other people were trying to prevent a guild from collecting mats

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    What about Gnomeregan?

Also •Players who use the Vote Kick option will now be prompted to provide a reason for kicking a party member. This reason will be presented to everyone in the party except for the person voted to be kicked.
    Is silly goose an option?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Frozen orb prices have already jumped to 25G on my server. I was hoping to get in before a big jump.

jackal on
  • Options
    BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    Wow, 1:1 frost lotus. Holllaaa.

Also, Gnomeregan.

Just go and herb because I have 63 in the bank on my rogue when I and other people were trying to prevent a guild from collecting mats

Time is money, friend.

Also, I don't have an herbalist.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ohtsam wrote: »
    new carpet? SCORE

FUCK YES.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    It said only the Gnomeregan surface was being recaptured. I'm guessing the dungeon will still be there, just the area leading to the portal will be made livable and more city-like.
    Thus the Gnomer dungeon becomes a much more complicated version of Stockades/Ragefire Chasm. They'll probably do some redesigning of the dungeon as well (most notably, the Horde teleporter would probably be moved into the dungeon itself).

Lars on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I could see them splitting the current Gnomer into two linked wings like the DM instances.

815165 on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Where did they say Gnomer was reclaimed?

Also, I liked Gnomer. Fun Dungeon as long as you know where you are going.

shryke on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Monsty wrote: »
    I'm new to dungeon healing on my 71 priest so I'm a bit scared to DPS most of the time. Still, it took three or four damaging spells over the course of an entire boss fight to outdamage an LFD hunter. Heh.

I have a dreadful feeling this is going to be a common occurrence. Oh, well--I will take on the challenge!

EDIT:
    And am I blind or is there no priest thread here?

Gnomeregan:
    Yay! Die, crappy dungeon!

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=105454

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    Ruby Sanctum will drop Frost Emblems and some gear will be close to Lich King quality.

Huh. I figured they'd have normal mode be like ToC heroic and hard mode be like normal ICC. Would help get more guilds into ICC like they wanted.

Oh and this is the start of the Cataclysm story kick-off.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Naphtali wrote: »
    (Priestly goods)
    Thanks!

I really don't know what's wrong with me sometimes.

Monsty on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So, if I'm reading this correctly, things like Shaman's Unleashed Rage will become an always-on-aura instead of proc on crit. Is that about right?

reVerse on
  • Options
    FaffelFaffel Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Bigity wrote: »
    Faffel wrote: »
    The best thing happened to me - I wanted to play Cataclysm, but stopped playing pre-WoTLK and refuse to pay for two expansions nearly back-to-back.

Then my friend spies my account logged on. That is bizarre, seeing as it had been nearly a year since I log on. I email Blizzard, get my account back and find some Argentinian gold farmer bought WoTLK, leveled my favourite character from 70 to 80 and had left several months of play time and his CC number linked to my account.

Justice is sweet.

Wow, outstanding. Don't use the CC though, that would be actual fraud and illegal.

What do you think will happen if I let it automatically tick over? I didn't plan on touching anything with the CC at all, either purchasing anything or removing it from the account.

Faffel on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Well, I guess since technically they set up the monthly/whatever plan, it wouldn't really be your fault if it happens to charge their CC a few times extra

I'm a corrupt and evil human being devoid of human emotion, though--this may or may not hold up if you're charged with anything (it's totally cool by me though)

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Senshi wrote: »
    Well, I guess since technically they set up the monthly/whatever plan, it wouldn't really be your fault if it happens to charge their CC a few times extra

I'm a corrupt and evil human being devoid of human emotion, though--this may or may not hold up if you're charged with anything (it's totally cool by me though)

I figure it would be up to Blizzard - the CS guy dealing with me was retarded. He never read my original email because he asked questions I already answered - I didn't have to supply any info or anything. He just unlinked it from their battle.net account and gave me a new password.

Faffel on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    yeah i'd chalk it up on their error (just say you were oblivious to it) and blame them if shit hits the fan

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Gearing my character up is awful, as a side note. This game has changed so much, especially for paladins. Then my gear is gold farmer gear, and all my friends quit playing or changed names. This shit is hard now.

Faffel on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Gearing up has never been easier, for PVE at least.

815165 on
  • Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Just wait until he does a chargeback on the CC and your account is suspended, like what happened to me. :-/

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Guess who is never going to have to worry about flask mats again?

40 orbs in the bank mother gooses!

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    It's really smart of them too, because it gives players yet another incentive to queue up for heroics.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    So, if I'm reading this correctly, things like Shaman's Unleashed Rage will become an always-on-aura instead of proc on crit. Is that about right?
    Yep, like Trueshot Aura

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    A while back I got like 50 frozen orbs at vendor price... I already used them all. :(

jackal on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I don't think I've ever used a frozen orb for anything. I probably have a bunch in my inventory.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    SteevL wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever used a frozen orb for anything. I probably have a bunch in my inventory.

I traded 5 for some things but that was last summer

Brainleech on
  • Options
    CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I've been using them for the 5g they vendor for whenever I got one in a 5-man.

I'm probably going to have to stop doing that.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    12 hours since the frozen orb announcement and I have seen the old "wait until everyone leaves before rolling" trick on the orbs in heroics on my 3 alts.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    Need should be the de facto choice for orbs.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Everyone on my battlegroup just rolls need now. It's not a dick move anymore.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That's not the point I made.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah don't even chance it since they're not craft-only items and now a new type of currency. Now I regret the hundred or so I've vendored to make room in my bank.

Tyberius on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I like how frost orbs will essentially balance themselves against the eternals and lotus on the AH. Given supply and demand I'm sure they'll rarely reach true parity on most realms, but it'll be nice to have some hot commodities all essentially interchangable.

It has, however, changed my battlegroup from "always greeding the orb, maybe seeing 1 in 10 Needed" to "holy crap, there's a Need'er in every group!"

Gonna have to start telling people at the starts of instances that I'll be needing 'em just to save myself the headache.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Why would you tell people you're needing them? Everyone needs them, right? When you're playing your Rogue, do you also announce that you're applying poison to your weapons?

reVerse on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Because Forar is a nice guy.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hey guys I'll be using my axe and Mortal Striking some of these mobs during this run that aight with yall aight I'll be doing that then

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    Why would you tell people you're needing them? Everyone needs them, right? When you're playing your Rogue, do you also announce that you're applying poison to your weapons?

No, my battlegroup rolls greed.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    It was rather hilarious when cross server dungeons came out, there was a thread on our realm forums bitching about everyone from our realm was needing on the orbs.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Shocking newsflash! Some battlegroups had a long standing tradition of just greeding the orbs!

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, that is our battlegroup. If you go against it, you're a ninja.

Bikkstah on
This discussion has been closed.