As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Win7: going for RC to full version on a Macbook

Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
So, since the version I have wil soon start to shut down every 2 hours I think I should get the full version.

Questions thus:

I assume I have to delete the current Bootcamp partition and start again? no upgrade for RC client?

My Steam games, can I just transfer the appdata to an external HDD and drag and drop them back in after I have upgraded, save games will be intact? won't have to re-download them all?

Outlook, I assume when I re-install Office I can re-enter my settings with ease but will I lose all the emails in my inbox or is there a simple way to back them up too?

Thanks in advance

Venkman90 on

• m4v1sm4v1s Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The default windows installer will not let you do this, but you can change its mind...

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/3075/how-to-upgrade-the-windows-7-rc-to-rtm/

m4v1s on
  • AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    If you decide to do a full install you can just copy your entire Steam folder onto backup media, then drop it back into Program files once you finish reinstalling. Then just run the Steam installer and it'll launch with all your games intact.

The procedure for recovering Outlook stuff depends on what version of Outlook you're using.

Azio on
  • Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Shiny!

The boxed version, you can re-install it more than once I assume? should my bootcamp partition get messed up / macbook break?

Outlook 2007 / Office 2007, I run a small company (and really should be using a dedicated PC for it...but w/e)

Venkman90 on
  • AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Outlook has these things called "Outlook Data Files" which contain all of your messages and contacts, along with most of your settings. I believe you'll find the data file under My Documents.

Azio on
  • Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Venkman90 on