As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Persona 2: Eternal Punishment [Finale: Maiyan Eclipse | Maiyan Victory]

• Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I think !B:L is a pretty safe bet, right?

I'm not so confident about a kill vote yet... I would be inclined to look at those who associated with DUE, but that seems too obvious. Even for a low-life baddie.

Do we have updated spreadsheets?

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Oh, you bet there's a catch. You know the saying, 'an eye for an eye'? The Joker's much worse than that.

And really now, limericks? Can't trust a guy who advertises with limericks.

Current Spreadsheet (up to post 209)

bumped for ease of use.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Frosteey wrote: »
    I'm voting for Kilnaga because expressing concern over the idea of a public vote being backed by an evil player seems unnecessarily and forcibly reactionary. It's also followed by the hollow advice to be careful with your vote.

Honestly, I think I'm justified in my actions considering DUE, High Minister of Evil, was backing the election plan, but we're all entitled to our opinions on the matter. However, trying to throw me under the bus for telling the village to think before the act on the election situation seems like something only someone who doesn't want the villagers thinking too hard would do Mr. Mafia.

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    kime's Persona is Morrigan of the Justice Arcana, and can determine what action a player took that day.

Jee, thanks for ruining the surprise :?.
    Elldren wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Additionally, shouldn't we assume that Kime is a villager, since he has the Justice Arcana?

No.

Definitely not, because I'm evil!
    Well shucks, I really didn't think I'd end up dead the first day of my first phalla. So much for getting any experience. Though I think I did learn a thing or two. Not gonna say more than that so I don't ruin the spirit of the game and reveal more than I should from beyond the grave. Got an investigative PM or so to send, just for my own peace of mind, probably with a back-handed congratulations in it for a well-played first round.

Good luck.

Yeah, that's kind of poor form on whoever did that... Oh well, next time you can survive :P!

Also, I call dibs on trading my soul for the Joker. So there!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I didn't think it was poor form. I found it rather amusing that he died, not because it was his first night of his first phalla, but because the only vote he had against him came from our very own Ex-Hitler himself, Chamberlain. Possible mafia frame job / Hitler's back? o_O

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Kilnaga is new right?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    I didn't think it was poor form. I found it rather amusing that he died, not because it was his first night of his first phalla, but because the only vote he had against him came from our very own Ex-Hitler himself, Chamberlain. Possible mafia frame job / Hitler's back? o_O
    Unless seered and determined evil that way, I think someone should at least get a day or two without being killed in their first game. But oh well, too late now!

Also, you're probably reading too much into that.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In response:

No, I'm not new.

&

I wouldn't kill someone off on their first day in phalla ever either because where's the fun in that, I mean, this IS a game after all, and yes I'm more than likely reading WAY too much into that.

Kilnaga on
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I heard a rumor that a soul new to this world, who has recently kicked the bucket, might be revived... by some means... a one time vote, i suspect.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    !B:L
    !Dunadan019

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    !DunaDan019 since he want me dead. !B:L because even though it is boring it is safe.

I swear something is going to try to kill me tonight.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    D019 and B:L. I'm unfortunately am busy so I can't really check out all the phalla threads today.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I have a fan club!

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm voting for Kilnaga because expressing concern over the idea of a public vote being backed by an evil player seems unnecessarily and forcibly reactionary. It's also followed by the hollow advice to be careful with your vote.

Frosteey seems like he's trying too hard to paint Kilnaga as evil with so little to go on.
    B:L

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Really Robots? Because I didn't even vote for Frosteey. Any vote today with any slight justification is going to be voting with too little to go on. :/

Kilnaga on
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I have, I think, pretty good reason to think that Frosteey is pretty suspicious, unless he can persuade me otherwise.

Winky on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Shit, nearly tripped down a bum in the street. Bastard started cursing at me something about how the winner of an election always enjoys a temporary post-electoral celebration where he never manages to take any harm for a day or so. Then he asked me for some booze money. But I checked and it seems other schools do have these celebrations.

Anyone else hear this?

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Aegis wrote: »
    Shit, nearly tripped down a bum in the street. Bastard started cursing at me something about how the winner of an election always enjoys a temporary post-electoral celebration where he never manages to take any harm for a day or so. Then he asked me for some booze money. But I checked and it seems other schools do have these celebrations.

Anyone else hear this?

Yeah, apparently they really beef up security right after someone gets elected. He becomes pretty much untouchable. That's what I've heard anyway.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have, I think, pretty good reason to think that Frosteey is pretty suspicious, unless he can persuade me otherwise.

You also said you had a good tip about Kay, and look how that turned out. Out of all the first day shenanigans, to me, yours are the most suspect !Winky.

Kilnaga on
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Anyone else hear this?

I don't fucking curse. Or drink.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010

Anyone else hear this?

I don't fucking curse.

I...

Well shit, I forgot you were in this Phalla.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Anyone else hear this?

Yeah, apparently they really beef up security right after someone gets elected. He becomes pretty much untouchable. That's what I've heard anyway.

Yes, yes, always important to protect ones leaders. It's said that the kinds of things the guards can do to provide protection are almost inhuman!

In any case, I think we're pretty set on the lime-colored vote for today. (It wouldn't hurt to put a few votes on a secondary target, though.) So what about the red vote? I kind of feel like voting for one of the people who voted for Kay, in a bit of generic action. I'm leaning toward one of the three players who voted before I posted my afternoon spreadsheet: Notch, Kilnaga, or samurai6966. However, I don't have any other real reason to vote for any of them... hmm.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Frosteey seems like he's trying too hard to paint Kilnaga as evil with so little to go on.

Should I stick to games where the premise isn't attempting to find evil people based on very limited information : (

---

Winky, you need to elaborate, because what you have said provides no basis for persuasion, discussion, or defense.

---
    kilnaga wrote:
    However, trying to throw me under the bus for telling the village to think before the act on the election situation seems like something only someone who doesn't want the villagers thinking too hard would do Mr. Mafia.

You immediately conceded that there was an extremely safe and obvious choice for the vote in B:L. You're sounding false alarms, which are extremely convenient alarms for those who wish to appear engaged and of good intent. However, you didn't even bring up something of actual merit like what would happen if B:L is indeed killed when elected and what precautions should be taken in such a scenario. (I don't know, maybe cj actually said what will happen already, or there has been a precedent set for what always happens in such a case these days. I wouldn't really have any way of knowing).

Frosteey on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Doing some catching up. Give me a minute or thirty. :^:

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'll nominate !Mr.Blarney as our secondary green vote. for those keeping count at home, this retracts a green vote for B:L.

As for the red. I'm kinda at a loss... all these yelling people probably have a suspect or two amongst them.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    And the news of the rumor stating the passing of Personas is encouraging. It should allow us to maintain some power as our ranks will inevitably thin.

That's a pretty good rumor.

If any of you have any ideas for a MUST-HAVE rumor to come true, let me know and I'll see what I can do. ;-)

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Bah, I voted for him because he posted after I said that I would vote for the next person to post.

Plus, what are the odds of me being Hitler twice?

b:l

chamberlain on
  • Options
    NotchNotch PottsfieldRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Winky, you need to elaborate, because what you have said provides no basis for persuasion, discussion, or defense.

I agree, Winky seems too pick out people with little known evidence -- he was wrong about Kay. Why is he so quick to judge?

Notch on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Notch wrote: »

I agree, Winky seems too pick out people with little known evidence -- he was wrong about Kay. Why is he so quick to judge?

Why are you so quick to sound so evil? o_O

I'm liking this !Frosteey wagon.

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Frosteey, you say I've done nothing of merit to help aid the election process, yet in Post#310 I remembered seeing somebody mention bodyguards after looking through the thread and brought the topic back up, and at the moment I'd say we have quite a few people who have heard the rumor of the beefed up election security to try and keep B:L safe (b/c hell if I'm gonna trust a random person with a guardian ability to do it).

Kilnaga on
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    !B:L for the good vote, which is all I'm prepared to vote for right now.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    Grudge vote for Aegis

I can't remember what I did to you last game. I thought you were on my team!

Might not have been last game. I have a list.

Anyway Frosteey seems popular.

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    !Frosteey. Because I'm going to be busy today, and if B:L votes it it's good enough for me.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'll cast my lot with the kill !Frosteey crowd.

I'll also suggest, if Winky's intuition is once again not so good, we should maybe hold him accountable?

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Winky, would look good on first or second place.

B:L, can't see how this can go wrong.

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Because it's fun

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    B:L is pretty logical

and red vote... I dunno. Anybody wanna fill me in on the Winky or Frosteey wagons?

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    B:L does have the gods of phalla on his side

I have to read up a bit more for my other one

Egos on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    !Frosteey is a fine choice.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Really Robots? Because I didn't even vote for Frosteey. Any vote today with any slight justification is going to be voting with too little to go on. :/

I don't mind voting with little to go on. As you point out, that's inevitable at times.

That said, confidence in your conclusions that exceeds the strength of your conclusions is not inevitable. When it occurs, it occurs because the person either can't see the fault in their logic or because the person is mafia, and hopes we won't see the fault in their logic.

When the fault is obvious, then I lean towards the latter case.

Robos A Go Go on