As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect 1&2 - Ahhhhhh yes, the "REAPERS".

• Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I just realized that
    Liara is the only character who is guaranteed to still be alive in ME3. That's pretty crazy, I wonder how they'll handle that. It also lends credence to someone else's theory that Liara will be really important in the third installment and that part of the game will involve tracking down the shadow broker.

Plus in the recent Dark Horse comic, the Shadow Broker is working with the Collectors to get
    Commander Sheperd's body
    and in fact meets the General of those guys. Not sure if it is face to face since Shadow Broker is off frame.

So the Shadow Broker might be far more dangerous than we thought.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Machismo wrote: »
    I just realized that
    Liara is the only character who is guaranteed to still be alive in ME3. That's pretty crazy, I wonder how they'll handle that. It also lends credence to someone else's theory that Liara will be really important in the third installment and that part of the game will involve tracking down the shadow broker.

Plus in the recent Dark Horse comic, the Shadow Broker is working with the Collectors to get
    Commander Sheperd's body
    and in fact meets the General of those guys. Not sure if it is face to face since Shadow Broker is off frame.

Or he's just what he always was: a guy who sells information and things to people for the right price.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The Shadow Broker's probably a Reaper.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    SakeidoSakeido Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I just realized that

Commander Sheperd's body

When your alias is as cool as "the Shadow Broker" there is no way you could not be extremely dangerous
    He seems so well connected my money is on him being a salarian

Sakeido on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Sakeido wrote: »
    I just realized that

Commander Sheperd's body

When your alias is as cool as "the Shadow Broker" there is no way you could not be extremely dangerous

The Shadow Broker looks like TIM...with red eyes.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    chasm wrote: »

My problem with these theories is if...
    Harbinger and the Shadow Broker are Reapers, why the hell wouldn't you send them both in during the attack on the Citadel? They definitely would have won that battle with three times the firepower.

Edit: I'm aware Harbinger IS a reaper. It also seems silly for the above reasons.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I just realized that

Commander Sheperd's body

True, but in ME1 he was just a guy you could buy info from. From ME2 and the comics (which seems to be cannon since Liara references the events in ME2), he is more than an info broker, but an active participant as well as trader.

I wanna see where the comic goes. The art isn't too bad, except Liara keeps getting a weird problem with her boobs where they seem to want to stretch out to the right and left of her body.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteleStele Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Stele wrote: »
    Dunxco wrote: »
    Courtesey of that wonderful silly goose Stele, here's the anomaly list so that it doesn't get lost too far in the thread:
    Stele wrote: »
    Anomaly List: Hoped to get this on page 1 of a topic so people don't keep asking for it.

Planet - System - Sector = Mission Name
    Neith - Amun - Eagle Nebula = Wreched Merchant Freighter
    -leads to Abandoned Research Station
    --leads to Hahne-Kedar Facility

Joab - Enoch - Rosetta Nebula = Archeological Dig Site
    -leads to MSV Strontium Mule
    --leads to Blue Suns Base

Tarith - Lusarn - Crescent Nebula = Blood Pack Communications Relay
    -leads to Blood Pack Base

Zanethu - Ploitari - Hourglass Nebula = Wrecked Ship
    Daratar - Faryar - Hourglass Nebula = Eclipse Smuggling Depot
    Helyme - Zelene - Crescent Nebula = Captured Mining Facility
    Franklin - Skepsis - Sigurd's Cradle - Javelin Missiles Launched
    Sinmara - Solvieg - Caleston Rift - Endangered Research Station
    Canalus - Dirada - Pylos Nebula = Anomalous Weather Detected
    Gei Hinnom - Sheol - Hades Nexus = Quarian Crash Site
    Aequitas - Fortis - Minos Wasteland = Abandoned Mine

this is wrong, its missing 3 n7 missions.

I have 100% in every system and other people confirmed most of these. I guess it's possible.

But I specifically didn't list a few N7 missions that you get from e-mail alerts. I just listed the anomaly ones, so that people would know to go to these planets and start scanning, if they didn't want to waste time flying to every system.

What are the 3 mission names and I'll check?

ahh well its possible 3 are the ones from email, i just counted i have 19 n7 missions where as there are 16 in that list, off the top of my head
    the geth crashing the ship into the colony, the lost operative and one more i cant remember, but i did everything in the game and aside from any quest locked out by choices in me1 im not aware of, there are 19 n7 missions in total.
    Lost Operative is definitely from e-mail. I'm working on my 2nd run now and I haven't left Omega yet but have it in my journal.

But I also found that Eclipse Smuggling Depot is the one given by Aria, so it also doesn't belong on the list.

Maybe I should put a separate list for "given assignments" and "scanned anomaly assignments" or something? That's what I was trying to go for was just the scanned ones, since the others will pop up on their own. Anybody got any suggestions?

Stele on
    Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keels. Makes her home.
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    ChaosHat wrote: »

Harbinger and the Shadow Broker are Reapers, why the hell wouldn't you send them both in during the attack on the Citadel? They definitely would have won that battle with three times the firepower.
    Harbinger's still in dark space. You see him/it in the ME2 ending.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    I just realized that

Commander Sheperd's body

The Shadow Broker looks like TIM...with red eyes.

So long as Martin Sheen does the voice.

God I was tempted to just say ok to everything he said because of the voice alone.<3

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    quarthinosquarthinos Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Speculation: There's factions within the reapers? Sovereign (can't remember what Legion called him atm) wants to K1LL 4LL with pewpewpew! Harbringer wants to reproduce (or to misquote the Borg, we will add your diversity to our own). Shadow Broker wants to just know everything and/or is a peacenik.

Stele: my suggestion is keep up the good work, you're doing a wonderful thing for us all! :)

quarthinos on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

If that's so then how does Shepard have that picture of the Harbinger reaper at the end? Regardless, why not send the collectors after the Citadel too? Could not have repelled one of those Collector ships, would be nearly as deadly as a Reaper.

In other plothole news, shouldn't the Collectors have filled the ship with Seeker Swarms when they board the Normandy? Sure Mordin has a cure, which is located in armor and wouldn't work in high concentration anyways. None of the crewmen are wearing visible armor and they could probably fill the ship up with Seekers. Then they'd have a nice surprise waiting for Shepard (or at the very least deny use of the Normandy, the Reaper IFF, and ruin the whole mission).

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    Trimble87Trimble87 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Havelock wrote: »
    I was on Illium last night and I listened to the whole thing.

Asari creep me the hell out now because of that.
    Because now I'm wondering what they really look like, and if what I'm seeing is the real thing and not some mind control trick.

*edit. Okay nvm a coworker had heard it already. THAT IS EPIC. I want more info on this in me3.

Trimble87 on
  • Options
    KesterKester Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Kester wrote: »
    quarthinos wrote: »
    Leitner wrote: »
    Really though, at the end they should've had a line along the lines of 'Play this right/choose the right people and we can all make it out alive' or something. Highlight the fact that it's not like numbers ones stay behind with the nuke.

Is the achievement that says "Keep your team alive through the suicide mission" hidden? If the achievement exists, obviously it's possible. Why also have some character in the game break the fourth wall? (There's only two who MIGHT have been there when you had someone sit on the nuke, and would therefore have a reason to say anything....)
    I was actually pretty disappointed that you could keep everyone alive. I didn't realise it was possible beforehand, and went into the final mission fully expecting a bloodbath. The fact that I only lost Legion (who can't really die anyway, with the whole geth collective consciousness thing) made the "suicide mission" idea seem a bit hollow. Still, the whole thing was utterly intense while playing it thinking that anyone could die at any second.

My second playthrough I'm probably deliberately not going to prepare so people are dropping all around me and the whole mission feels suitably epic.

I don't get your problem. You can lose anyone and everyone. It is all
    based on your decisions before and during the mission. If you make a poor choice, wait too long, or don't prepare you lose people. I am not sure what changed? You did well on your first playthrough. You moved quick enough during the missions to save everyone. You prepared well. You choose good leaders and infiltrators. What more do you want of them?

If you do everything right, ME2 rewards you with perfect survival in impossible odds.
    Yeah, I get that now. It's just after all the "men will die, people won't make it back" speeches I'd heard I was expecting a Seven Samurai-esque ending where half the team dies. I think for me that would have been more emotionally satisfying - particularly if the manner of the deaths linked into the personalities of the characters I'd spent the game getting to know - and I was a little disappointed not to get it. I felt a little like I'd lost out by exploring all the game content and doing the side-missions and whatnot. I appreciate that the majority of people aren't quite so morbid and would like a chance to save everyone though ;-) As I say, I can get what I want by just deliberately going in unprepared, so everyone is happy.

Kester on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010

If that's so then how does Shepard have that picture of the Harbinger reaper at the end? Regardless, why not send the collectors after the Citadel too? Could not have repelled one of those Collector ships, would be nearly as deadly as a Reaper.
    It would seem EDI hacked it from the collectors computer, its on the Collector Generals screen at the end

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Wow, the Renegade end to Jacob's loyalty quest is... wow.

Didn't expect that after my Paragon run through.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Fig-D wrote: »

Much more satisfying I feel. That seemed to be how Jacob's attitude was heading the whole way.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    Trimble87Trimble87 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Are you reffering to the...
    option to leave jacobs father in the world he created and the screen going black after one of the hunters punches him in the face?

Trimble87 on
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010

In other plothole news, shouldn't the Collectors have filled the ship with Seeker Swarms when they board the Normandy? Sure Mordin has a cure, which is located in armor and wouldn't work in high concentration anyways. None of the crewmen are wearing visible armor and they could probably fill the ship up with Seekers. Then they'd have a nice surprise waiting for Shepard (or at the very least deny use of the Normandy, the Reaper IFF, and ruin the whole mission).
    The swarm would have been sucked out of the airlock when EDI opened it to dispatch the lingering collectors.

As for the Collector's attacking the Citadel, why? They would have to invade the rigorously controlled "Citadel Space" with all it's armies and patrols, as opposed to the Wild West of the Terminus Systems. And the "albeit upgraded" Normandy was able to take out the Collector ship by itself, it probably wouldn't stand much chance attacking the Citadel with the fleets guarding it.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So I've got like four times as many paragon points than renegade, but I still still ten times as many renegade interrupts as paragon. I think I've had like, three paragons total, and I've only got Thane and the justicar to recruit.

One of the paragon interrupts is my favorite though
    The c-sec and volus are bullying the quarian, and even after you clear her of the theft, the volus is like "Well she could have stolen it" and the cop is like "I should take her in for vagrancy anyway" and you're like "Motherfuckers!"

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    SteleStele Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    quarthinos wrote: »

Stele: my suggestion is keep up the good work, you're doing a wonderful thing for us all! :)

Well DVG has his awesome ME2 planet spreadsheet.

He should probably just take my list, add another column for the anomaly scanning missions only and just put the name of the mission there. Then people can do all the concentrated mission exploring and/or element exploring they need. 8-)

So this is maybe the final, scanner/anomaly only mission list:
    Neith - Amun - Eagle Nebula = Wreched Merchant Freighter
    -leads to Abandoned Research Station
    --leads to Hahne-Kedar Facility

Joab - Enoch - Rosetta Nebula = Archeological Dig Site
    -leads to MSV Strontium Mule
    --leads to Blue Suns Base

Tarith - Lusarn - Crescent Nebula = Blood Pack Communications Relay
    -leads to Blood Pack Base

Zanethu - Ploitari - Hourglass Nebula = Wrecked Ship
    Helyme - Zelene - Crescent Nebula = Captured Mining Facility
    Franklin - Skepsis - Sigurd's Cradle - Javelin Missiles Launched
    Sinmara - Solvieg - Caleston Rift - Endangered Research Station
    Canalus - Dirada - Pylos Nebula = Anomalous Weather Detected
    Gei Hinnom - Sheol - Hades Nexus = Quarian Crash Site
    Aequitas - Fortis - Minos Wasteland = Abandoned Mine

And people should just know that there are other (4?) N7 missions out there that don't come from scanning, and they give you the location in the journal when you get them, so really no need for a list.

Stele on
    Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keels. Makes her home.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Trimble87 wrote: »

Are you reffering to the...
    option to leave jacobs father in the world he created and the screen going black after one of the hunters punches him in the face?

No I'm referring to
    Jacob handing his father a gun. His father looks at it and says something like "Half charge? I'll never be able to fend them off with this." To which Jacob replies "It's not for them" and walks away. The elder Taylor then puts the gun to his head and we hear a gunshot as the screen quickly goes black.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    So I've got like four times as many paragon points than renegade, but I still still ten times as many renegade interrupts as paragon. I think I've had like, three paragons total, and I've only got Thane and the justicar to recruit.

The c-sec and volus are bullying the quarian, and even after you clear her of the theft, the volus is like "Well she could have stolen it" and the cop is like "I should take her in for vagrancy anyway" and you're like "Motherfuckers!"

I've noticed a few times that if you ignore the renegade interrupt, a paragon one will pop up a couple of seconds later, and vice-versa.

First saw it during Mordin's intro. I missed the renegade option because I was listening to him talk, and a paragon one popped up.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    DVG wrote: »

The swarm would have been sucked out of the airlock when EDI opened it to dispatch the lingering collectors.

As for the Collector's attacking the Citadel, why? They would have to invade the rigorously controlled "Citadel Space" with all it's armies and patrols, as opposed to the Wild West of the Terminus Systems. And the "albeit upgraded" Normandy was able to take out the Collector ship by itself, it probably wouldn't stand much chance attacking the Citadel with the fleets guarding it.
    EDI never would have sucked the swarm out. The swarm would have paralyzed Joker and she can't access ship systems like that without him giving her the ability to.

If you read the entry on the Thanix Cannons you update the Normandy with, it's based off the laser beams that Sovereign pew pewed at the battle, thanks to salvaged pieces. They wouldn't have the guns at all to defeat it, and we saw how devastating their main gun was. Even supposing they only have that ONE ship, it probably would have been enough to turn the tide of the battle out there. More ships definitely would have tipped the balance in their favor. The reason why they'd do it is the same reason the Geth did. To assist Sovereign in bringing the Reapers back.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Mai-Kero wrote: »

That's one of my favorites too. On my second play through with my paragon character I'm going to attempt to remember to bring Tali along with me to see if she has any comment.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    PeffPeff Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Legion Spoiler
    Did he just use a SUDO command on this rocket drone? Mordin is required...I just found his partner in crime :)

Peff on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Supposedly after Harbinger reliquished control of the Collector General, the General sent the data on Harbinger to the Normandy as a final act of defiance. I forgot exactly where I read that though, but the ending does imply that Harbinger controlled the Collector General and through him, the rest of the Collectors.

Presumably, the Collectors from the base beyond the Omega-4 Relay are the only Collectors in existence. Besides the base, we only ever see one, maybe two of their ships. Both Normandys running into the same Collector ship? That's more than coincidence. And the only weapons you ever see are the massive forward firing weapon that it uses to destroy the first Normandy, and the Oculus fighters. Powerful, but limited enough that their modus operandi is to skulk around the fringes making backroom deals and abductions.

So I don't believe it would've made much of a difference in the Citadel battle.

EDIT: Or EDI hacked it. Meh. I prefer the "last act of defiance" myself. And EDI could totally have everything sucked out. Open up the airlocks, go FTL, whooosh!

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    DVG wrote: »

EDI never would have sucked the swarm out. The swarm would have paralyzed Joker and she can't access ship systems like that without him giving her the ability to.

If you read the entry on the Thanix Cannons you update the Normandy with, it's based off the laser beams that Sovereign pew pewed at the battle, thanks to salvaged pieces. They wouldn't have the guns at all to defeat it, and we saw how devastating their main gun was. Even supposing they only have that ONE ship, it probably would have been enough to turn the tide of the battle out there. More ships definitely would have tipped the balance in their favor. The reason why they'd do it is the same reason the Geth did. To assist Sovereign in bringing the Reapers back.
    You'll recall that they managed to defeat Sovereign after a long battle without special weapons designed to defeat it, and the collector ship is presumably less powerful and doesn't have any special powers to Mass Relay jump behind the defensive line or disable the Citadel's defensive systems like Sovereign did.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Supposedly after Harbinger reliquished control of the Collector General, the General sent the data on Harbinger to the Normandy as a final act of defiance. I forgot exactly where I read that though, but the ending does imply that Harbinger controlled the Collector General and through him, the rest of the Collectors.

Presumably, the Collectors from the base beyond the Omega-4 Relay are the only Collectors in existence. Besides the base, we only ever see one, maybe two of their ships. Both Normandys running into the same Collector ship? That's more than coincidence. And the only weapons you ever see are the massive forward firing weapon that it uses to destroy the first Normandy, and the Oculus fighters. Powerful, but limited enough that their modus operandi is to skulk around the fringes making backroom deals and abductions.

I know the Collector vessel we see is the same one that fights the Normandy both times, I just find it hard to believe that they only have one spaceship in the whole galaxy. And again, that thing vented and crippled the Normandy after a single shot. One of those opening up fire on Alliance Dreadnaughts at the battle of the Citadel? At the very least it would cause enormous casualties if not be a tipping point.

Edit to the above: They only stopped Sovereign after he was dead already. The moment Shepard defeats reanimated Saren aboard the Citadel, Sovereign goes noticeably limp and starts listing to the side. I think it's safe to say that if Sovereign remained intact and capable beyond that point, the fleet would not have defeated him.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So I got the Digital Deluxe Edition on Steam. How do I get my soundtrack?

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Crap. I got a Dr Pepper cap with my lunch today and it fell out of my pocket :(

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I just realized that

Commander Sheperd's body

Has anyone tried talking with Liara about the Shadow Broker with Miranda there? Maybe I missed some detail disproving this, but I have a feeling that the Shadow Broker is Miranda's super rich and crazy father. I kept waiting for someone to bring up the Shadow Broker while she was around, but I didn't have her in my party when I helped Liara. Otherwise, I don't think he ever comes up in conversation when Miranda is around, and it's implied a couple places throughout the game that the Shadow Broker and Cerberus are not good buddies, and Miranda would certainly explain why.

Lorek on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Peff wrote: »
    Legion Spoiler
    Did he just use a SUDO command on this rocket drone? Mordin is required...I just found his partner in crime :)

Care to elaborate? I didn't get what you're talking about,

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Personally, I side with the theory that the Shadow Broker is a network of individuals, not just one person.

And I think the Shadow Broker is incredibly dangerous. Working with the Collectors? Come on now.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    3clipse wrote: »
    Personally, I side with the theory that the Shadow Broker is a network of individuals, not just one person.

And I think the Shadow Broker is incredibly dangerous. Working with the Collectors? Come on now.

Could someone remind me?
    Liara:
    Why does Liara hate the Shadow Broker so much?

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PeffPeff Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Peff wrote: »
    Legion Spoiler

Care to elaborate? I didn't get what you're talking about,
    You know, SUDO Super User Do like the Linux command.

Peff on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I know the Collector vessel we see is the same one that fights the Normandy both times, I just find it hard to believe that they only have one spaceship in the whole galaxy. And again, that thing vented and crippled the Normandy after a single shot. One of those opening up fire on Alliance Dreadnaughts at the battle of the Citadel? At the very least it would cause enormous casualties if not be a tipping point.

Edit to the above: They only stopped Sovereign after he was dead already. The moment Shepard defeats reanimated Saren aboard the Citadel, Sovereign goes noticeably limp and starts listing to the side. I think it's safe to say that if Sovereign remained intact and capable beyond that point, the fleet would not have defeated him.
    When I said it was limited, I meant that the Collector ships have a very serious drawback. Other than the Oculus fighters and the main gun, it has no other defenses. And the main gun can only shoot straight ahead. Sovereign had the ability to aim and fire in multiple directions at once.

I'm also fairly certain both Normandys were never designed for full-out combat. While a single shot from the Collector took out the first Normandy, I'm betting a shot from any Dreadnaught would do the same thing.

Besides which, I think the Normandy can take out the Collector ship even without the Thanix cannons. Downside is, if you do that, a team member might die and the ship takes serious damage. Same with the other ship upgrades.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Lorek wrote: »
    Has anyone tried talking with Liara about the Shadow Broker with Miranda there? Maybe I missed some detail disproving this, but I have a feeling that the Shadow Broker is Miranda's super rich and crazy father. I kept waiting for someone to bring up the Shadow Broker while she was around, but I didn't have her in my party when I helped Liara. Otherwise, I don't think he ever comes up in conversation when Miranda is around, and it's implied a couple places throughout the game that the Shadow Broker and Cerberus are not good buddies, and Miranda would certainly explain why.
    Miranda had nothing to contribute when I was talking to Liara the other day.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Lorek wrote: »
    Miranda had nothing to contribute when I was talking to Liara the other day.

If the Shadow Broker was Miranda's father it's not like she would know anyway.

But I doubt he is. If he hasn't found Oriana yet, then he's clearly not as well connected as the Shadow Broker. Cerberus is good at hiding people, but it's almost impossible to hide from the Shadow Broker.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

When I said it was limited, I meant that the Collector ships have a very serious drawback. Other than the Oculus fighters and the main gun, it has no other defenses. And the main gun can only shoot straight ahead. Sovereign had the ability to aim and fire in multiple directions at once.

I'm also fairly certain both Normandys were never designed for full-out combat. While a single shot from the Collector took out the first Normandy, I'm betting a shot from any Dreadnaught would do the same thing.

Besides which, I think the Normandy can take out the Collector ship even without the Thanix cannons. Downside is, if you do that, a team member might die and the ship takes serious damage. Same with the other ship upgrades.

It's because the Thanix cannons provide range. A Collector vessel sitting behind a screen of Geth ships sniping Alliance vessels would probably light the sky up.

ChaosHat on
This discussion has been closed.