As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Børk!Børk! Børk [Chat!]

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2007
    Senjutsu wrote:
    tynic wrote:
    Gim wrote:
    neeeeeeeeerds

[spoiler:49dee025ae]I had to wiki that[/spoiler:49dee025ae]
    [spoiler:49dee025ae] there's no way I'm going to bother wiki-ing this kind of nebbish nerdcrap.[/spoiler:49dee025ae]
    AD&D

"To Hit Armor Class 0"

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    tynic wrote:
    Gim wrote:
    neeeeeeeeerds

[spoiler:4a69b14e7d]I had to wiki that[/spoiler:4a69b14e7d]
    [spoiler:4a69b14e7d] there's no way I'm going to bother wiki-ing this kind of nebbish nerdcrap.[/spoiler:4a69b14e7d]
    AD&D

"To Hit Armor Class 0"

-12 man.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Incenjucar wrote:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    tynic wrote:
    Gim wrote:
    neeeeeeeeerds

[spoiler:ba6bf725c5]I had to wiki that[/spoiler:ba6bf725c5]
    [spoiler:ba6bf725c5] there's no way I'm going to bother wiki-ing this kind of nebbish nerdcrap.[/spoiler:ba6bf725c5]
    AD&D

"To Hit Armor Class 0"

-12 man.

I loved how the Great Wyrm Red Dragon had a better AC than the lower cap. It was just great.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Incenjucar wrote:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    tynic wrote:
    Gim wrote:
    neeeeeeeeerds

[spoiler:48dfdf3e56]I had to wiki that[/spoiler:48dfdf3e56]
    [spoiler:48dfdf3e56] there's no way I'm going to bother wiki-ing this kind of nebbish nerdcrap.[/spoiler:48dfdf3e56]
    AD&D

"To Hit Armor Class 0"

-12 man.

I loved how the Great Wyrm Red Dragon had a better AC than the lower cap. It was just great.

Of course, there was that one...

...that one with -14.

*drool*

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    ALockslyALocksly Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Nerd story

In HS I was on two teams and I even lettered, of course one was the Science Olympiad team. I never paid for the jacket but on one occasion I was mentioning to a friend that I did, in fact, have a letter. One of the Football guys overheard and asked quite condescendingly what team a skinney little twerp like me could have made it onto.

I told him that if he got on all his gear and I got all mine and we started off at oposite ends of the football field he would never make it past me to my end zone. He looked confused and my friend sprayed soda.

[spoiler:27e303f1b2]I was also on the rifle team[/spoiler:27e303f1b2]

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2007
    Oookay I thought I was a dork for remembering what THAC0 was from back when I was 13 (age not level).

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Irond Will wrote:
    Oookay I thought I was a dork for remembering what THAC0 was from back when I was 13 (age not level).

The only reason I do not play D&D right now is because I haven't had D&D buddies since early high school.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2007
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Time to go to work.

OT, whee.
    Now? Man.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Elkamil wrote:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Time to go to work.

OT, whee.
    Now? Man.

Maybe he is a worker of dreams.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Irond Will wrote:

I have a freakish memory. I also had a friend who would rail on about that far too often.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Irond Will wrote:

I have a freakish memory. I also had a friend who would rail on about that far too often.

You're not hardcore unless you remember MENTAL THAC0.

That was some crazy shit.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Incenjucar wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:

Darksun?

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Incenjucar wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:

Darksun?

Also later the new attempt at Psionics, but yeah.

DS was a damned interesting setting.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Darksun was my favorite, because it ditched the namby-pamby Tolkein ripoff Forgotten Realms bullshit for something more interesting.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Planescape bitches.

And of course Spelljammer.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Incenjucar wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Incenjucar wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:

Darksun?

Also later the new attempt at Psionics, but yeah.

DS was a damned interesting setting.

Wait, The Will and the Way? The one that let psions throw negative energy bolts, swap the area around them with any plane they liked and time travel?

The was an awesomely bad idea of a book.

Edit, Nevermind, shitty Player's Option: Skills and Magic or some such shit. That was horrible.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Player's Option was a very crazy period.

And yes, PS remains king of them all.

But DS was just badass.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Dude, this rocks. My new tasks include staying up late to chat with people in a foreign country and delegate tasks to them, which I can do in between babbling on message boards and web surfing. And I'm getting OT pay to do it.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Dude, this rocks. My new tasks include staying up late to chat with people in a foreign country and delegate tasks to them, which I can do in between babbling on message boards and web surfing. And I'm getting OT pay to do it.
    How's your Hindi?

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Incenjucar wrote:

My favorite stupid idea was the split in half ability scores. "I can't carry shit but I hit harder than a giant. I think that's a fair trade..."

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ALocksly wrote:
    Nerd story

In HS I was on two teams and I even lettered, of course one was the Science Olympiad team. I never paid for the jacket but on one occasion I was mentioning to a friend that I did, in fact, have a letter. One of the Football guys overheard and asked quite condescendingly what team a skinney little twerp like me could have made it onto.

I told him that if he got on all his gear and I got all mine and we started off at oposite ends of the football field he would never make it past me to my end zone. He looked confused and my friend sprayed soda.

[spoiler:01399468a9]I was also on the rifle team[/spoiler:01399468a9]
    Back to high school shootings, Locks? And we come full circle. Well done.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    ElJeffe wrote:

Nice.

My job mostly involves me trying to not tell people three times my age how stupid they are.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Senjutsu wrote:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    How's your Hindi?

A little sore from where I fell on it, but getting better.

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Incenjucar wrote:

My favorite stupid idea was the split in half ability scores. "I can't carry shit but I hit harder than a giant. I think that's a fair trade..."

To some degree it made sense (Small arms, big legs, etc), but D&D is too damned abstract for that sort of thing.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    How's your Hindi?
    Well played.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Ugh, Donald Trump on Conan tonight. Hasn't the nation gotten enough of him yet?

Gim on
  • Options
    ALockslyALocksly Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Gim wrote:
    ALocksly wrote:
    Nerd story

[spoiler:6a347ced10]I was also on the rifle team[/spoiler:6a347ced10]

bear in mind this was over a decade ago when we were still allowed to use cap guns in band performances and well before Columbine

I imagine nowadays even mentioning that you have access to a firearm might be construed as a threat.

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Incenjucar wrote:
    Incenjucar wrote:

To some degree it made sense (Small arms, big legs, etc), but D&D is too damned abstract for that sort of thing.

Yea, I wouldn't have a problem with it if the goal of D&D was to be a simulation but it's a game. When combat was about a thousand times more important than how much shit you can carry, it's was a poorly thought out idea.

This was just after the Lorraine Williams period where a majority of the work was outsourced so the staff writers could get busy on the Buck Rogers license so I can kinda understand why. Was some dark days there.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Gim wrote:
    Ugh, Donal Trump on Conan tonight. Hasn't the nation gotten enough of him yet?
    It's better when they do that thing, with the lips. The Arnold skits are my favorite

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited January 2007
    Incenjucar wrote:
    Incenjucar wrote:

And it made perfect sense in, say Charisma, where you could be the ugliest man on the planet, but could talk the pants off of anyone.

I liked the Split stats, myself.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Senjutsu wrote:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    How's your Hindi?
    Well played.

*bows*

I'm dealing with Belarussians, but the guy I'm communicating with speaks English well enough.

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    The dude from across the hall really likes Katamari. He's been playing for hella long

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2007
    ElJeffe wrote:
    *bows*

I'm dealing with Belarussians, but the guy I'm communicating with speaks English well enough.
    If it gets dicey, say:

"Vui khochetye igrat(s) v shakmatii?"

And then play chess instead.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Incenjucar wrote:
    Incenjucar wrote:

Yea, I wouldn't have a problem with it if the goal of D&D was to be a simulation but it's a game. When combat was about a thousand times more important than how much shit you can carry, it's was a poorly thought out idea.

This was just after the Lorraine Williams period where a majority of the work was outsourced so the staff writers could get busy on the Buck Rogers license so I can kinda understand why. Was some dark days there.

Well the thing with carrying capacity... people rarely actually BOTHERED with encumbrance, what with bags of holding and whatnot.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Irond Will wrote:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    *bows*

If it gets dicey, say:

"Vui khochetye igrat(s) v shakmatii?"

And then play chess instead.

What, praytell, does that mean?

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I find it thoroughly ridiculous that Symphony of the Fucking Night is making me want a 360.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    ALocksly wrote:
    Gim wrote:
    ALocksly wrote:
    Nerd story

[spoiler:8d59272a0e]I was also on the rifle team[/spoiler:8d59272a0e]

bear in mind this was over a decade ago when we were still allowed to use cap guns in band performances and well before Columbine

I imagine nowadays even mentioning that you have access to a firearm might be construed as a threat.
    I went to a middle school in Dallas for half a year where they had metal detectors at both entrances. On the first day I went through the very thorough one that went through absolutely everything you had and took forever. The backpack I had at the time had a compartment on the very bottom that I never used. Over the summer I had won a crappy comb at an arcade and put it in there for some reason (my hair is really thick and the comb was effectively useless, I don't know why I even kept it). The thing about the comb is that when folded up it looked like a switchblade. So it was in there, all forgotten, until the lady is looking through my bag and comes across it. I give a mental "Oh shit!' upon seeing her holding what looked like a switchblade. Then she opened it, gave it a once over, and said, "You'd have to be pretty stupid to believe this was real," and let me through. I went through the other, faster metal detector the rest of my time there.

Moral of the story: Kids, if you want to hurt or kill someone on school property, do it outside. It's not worth it to do it inside. Plus, it's like that Chris Rock song. If you're outside, you know that everybody inside isn't armed.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    let's all fuck

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Elendil wrote:
    I find it thoroughly ridiculous that Symphony of the Fucking Night is making me want a 360.
    You have a PS2. Just buy it now.

Come to think of it, I never did beat that game. I probably have a save file around here somewhere.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    DURRR elendil
    DURRR

Kusuguttai on
This discussion has been closed.