As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

There is no war in Ba Sing Se (Avatar thread, no the other one)

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i cant even bring myself to be internet-mad at your opinioning

i just wouldnt ever asked you what you thought about anything because you are a limp noodle of a person

i need a real man with the conviction to hate on anything that doesn't immediately strike his fancy within the first ten minutes of him hearing about it

'sup

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lordaen wrote: »
    So on a scale of 1 to Wanted how terrible is this thing? I know it's suppose to be god awful, but I might be able to make it through it? Really liked the series and I want this to be good so bad...

Wanted was better

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    TLB gimme your opinion on something, I don't care what

YaYa on
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

i just wouldnt ever asked you what you thought about anything because you are a limp noodle of a person

i need a real man with the conviction to hate on anything that doesn't immediately strike his fancy within the first ten minutes of him hearing about it

'sup

i knew i could rely on you

whats your opinion on this cinematic mistake, my good man

mensch-o-matic on
    edited July 2010
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    If someone asks me what I think of the Twilight books or movies I'll say I haven't read or seen them because they don't interest me. I won't say they're awful just from watching the trailers or reading a summary.

Dammit I should have just sat through the whole thing the first time.

No actually the twilight books are objectively bad. Seriously. They might be entertaining to some. But based on how they are written, they really are just plain bad.

You can still like Twilight. But the fact remains that it is bad. I am dead serious.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • LordaenLordaen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Artreus wrote: »
    So on a scale of 1 to Wanted how terrible is this thing? I know it's suppose to be god awful, but I might be able to make it through it? Really liked the series and I want this to be good so bad...

Wanted was better

Ouch... That is terrible. Thanks.

Damn I can't believe Wanted is better than this.

Lordaen on
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If someone asks me what I think of the Twilight books or movies I'll say I haven't read or seen them because they don't interest me. I won't say they're awful just from watching the trailers or reading a summary.

Dammit I should have just sat through the whole thing the first time.

No actually the twilight books are objectively bad. Seriously. They might be entertaining to some. But based on how they are written, they really are just plain bad.

You can still like Twilight. But the fact remains that it is bad. I am dead serious.

this is pretty much true

I haven't read them, but I've read enough from them and about them to know that they violate a lot of traditional rules of structure and language

although the first movie wasn't terrible, the second movie was so entertainingly bad that I saw it twice, and I've got plans to see the third, sooooooo

YaYa on
    edited July 2010

Wanted was better

Wanted got a 71% on RottenTomatoes. The Last Airbender has an 8%.

The thing about Wanted though was that while it was shitty, it wasn't ruining the name of a fantastic franchise.

Artreus on
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Aeon Flux is the worst movie I have ever seen in theaters.

How does it compare to Airbender?

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    edited July 2010
    Yeah that really is a shame.

I also would like to think that Wanted would have been better had I not gone in there expecting something good.

Lordaen on
    edited July 2010
    Aeon Flux has a 10% on RottenTomatoes.

But I'm not familiar enough with the site to know how seriously to take it. I guess it is a decent metric for film quality?

Either way, everybody should be seeing Toy Story 3 seeing as how it has a 99%

edit: Lordaen, I have not heard one person say anything good about the last airbender. I've head a story about some dumb people liking it. But the vast majority of people have been pissed off about how bad it was.

Artreus on
    edited July 2010
    YaYa wrote: »
    TLB gimme your opinion on something, I don't care what

Ghoulies 3 is the greatest college movie of all time

The fact it has not seen a DVD release is a crime comparable to The Holocaust\

'sup

i knew i could rely on you

whats your opinion on this cinematic mistake, my good man

It will make a bunch of money, and M. Night Shyamalan will not learn a damn thing.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited July 2010
    I think with the reviews it is getting it definitely won't send him the Transformers 2 message.

God that movie was an abortion

Artreus on
    edited July 2010
    Man I ain't understand the hatred of Transformers 2

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Wanted was better

Wanted got a 71% on RottenTomatoes. The Last Airbender has an 8%.

The thing about Wanted though was that while it was shitty, it wasn't ruining the name of a fantastic franchise.

Also, it didn't take itself too seriously and claim to be far more intellectual and artistic than it actually was.

Schrodinger on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh man, Transformers 2. I actually didn't hate that movie after it was over because of the amazing IMAX presentation but now I can firmly state it's one of the top 5 worst movies I've ever seen.

And you know what? TLA will probably end up taking the top spot.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    edited July 2010
    oh tlb, those opinions

oh, tlb, thos- wait, not the fetish thread

mensch-o-matic on
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

I paid to see robots beating the shit out of each other and I got it in spades. Moreso than the first. I'm not sure why everyone was expecting Citizen Kane. I was entertained and that was enough. Maybe I wasn't enough of a Transformer fanboy to see things going down in flames.

The Otaku Suppository on
    edited July 2010
    I'm not even really a transformers fanboy. I went into it expecting a shitty movie and I got an even shittier movie. It was so bad on so many levels.

Artreus on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    you don't have to be a transformers fanboy to think those movies are abominations

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010

I paid to see robots beating the shit out of each other and I got it in spades. Moreso than the first. I'm not sure why everyone was expecting Citizen Kane. I was entertained and that was enough. Maybe I wasn't enough of a Transformer fanboy to see things going down in flames.

I'll admit the action still holds up but everything not robot fighting related in T2 is some of the most awful shit I've ever witnessed.

wirehead26 on
    edited July 2010
    woah woah woah there

T2 stands for a Terminator 2, a good robot movie.

I won't have you sullying it's name like that

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    bale stop being so butthurt about transformers 2

i know it wasn't as deep as your favorite movie, donnie darko, but come on now

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited July 2010
    I ain't even seen Transformers 2

But the first one is one of the worst movies I've ever actually paid to see in a theatre

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    and speaking of donnie darko, I saw Identity in theaters with a bunch of friends in college as well as this annoying broad who as she walked out actually was going on and on about why identity sucked and how she likes actual deep movies that make her think like donnie darko

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The action sequences in Transformers were awful because instead of wide shots so we could actually see what was happening
    Bay went for tight close ups of grey metal moving around other grey metal

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
    edited July 2010
    i dont intend to watch tf2 because i can see all the cool parts, for free, and in one neat, shit-free package

so ill withold judgement on it being dragonball evolution awesomebad or avatar badbad

mensch-o-matic on
    edited July 2010
    Balefuego wrote: »

But the first one is one of the worst movies I've ever actually paid to see in a theatre

bale you ain't see enough movies then

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited July 2010
    Identity did kinda suck though.

I mean the twist was obvious just from the trailers.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    My friends and I are of the opinion that the transformers movies could be good if there were no humans in them.

I think that's all anyone really wants out of those movies.

Lordaen on
    edited July 2010

paid to see in a theatre

there was a qualifyer

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Transfomers 1 was the first movie I ever felt true anger at while watching.

wirehead26 on
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm not even really a transformers fanboy. I went into it expecting a shitty movie and I got an even shittier movie. It was so bad on so many levels.

It may have been bad, but it was entertaining enough. Airbender offended every one of my senses to the point I simply didn't care anymore and was literally sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for this holocaust of a film to be over. Never has a movie been that bad I couldn't sit and watch it anymore. I was cringing through half of it and wringing my hands with rage in the other.

The Otaku Suppository on
    edited July 2010
    tlb

tlb i saw chino the other day and was mildly disappointed i feel like i needed to confess that to you

mensch-o-matic on
    edited July 2010

I think it was Pearl Harbor for me.

I was young and expecting a war movie... so disappointed.

Lordaen on
    edited July 2010

paid to see in a theatre

there was a qualifyer

pfft you still ain't seen enough in theaters
    tlb

tlb i saw chino the other day and was mildly disappointed i feel like i needed to confess that to you

DEAD

TO

ME

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    My friends and I are of the opinion that the transformers movies could be good if there were no humans in them.

I think that's all anyone really wants out of those movies.

Also:

No Wrecking Balls
    No more of those damn Twins
    No more Robo-chicks
    And a final scene that is not some 45 minute dragged out ordeal that reads like a 4th grader wrote it, with constant "And then-And then-And then-And then-!" conjunction of events.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    edited July 2010
    also a list of movies I have been actively angry at while watching:

Juno
    Me and You and Everyone You Know
    Garden State
    The Boondock Saints
    Wanted
    Blade: Trinity
    2 Fast 2 Furious
    Daredevil
    Simon Birch

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited July 2010

I think it was Pearl Harbor for me.

I was young and expecting a war movie... so disappointed.

How can anyone expect a war movie about an event that lasted all of less than 2 hours?

The Otaku Suppository on
    edited July 2010
    And during that long drawn out Transformers 2 finale the one female autobot that we ever get to see is taken out in 2 seconds. Seriously Michael Bay fuck off you dickhead.

wirehead26 on
This discussion has been closed.