As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] - Headbutting and Face Punching For The Fate Of Humanity!

• Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    You should have a different career any time you import to prevent overwriting an old Shepard.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    When you import your Shepard into ME3, you won't pick a profile like you did for importing into ME2, you will pick an actual save file.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Sweet merciful crap, WHAT AN ENDGAME. And that music!

Stupid mistake made here:
    The only party member I didn't have the loyalty of was Jack, and I stupidly took her with me on the last stretch of the suicide run, thinking it'd be better to have her close than holding out with the rest of the gang. I was so worried about her betraying us that I didn't count on a large piece of wall taking her out. Will everyone live if she stays behind to hold out with the rest?

Ceno on
  • Options
    JakorianJakorian Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Flamethrower enemies are the most annoying thing I have ever encountered. If they hit you even once it stuns you long enough for them to hit you again, which stuns you long enough for them to hit you again and so on until you die. Thank god there's not a lot of them except for early on in Omega.

Jakorian on
  • Options
    I am PacalI am Pacal Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Is there any way to keep
    a non-loyal team member alive during the final mission? I got everybody out alive except Zaeed who was with my in the final battle and was killed by the falling rubble in the end.

I failed Zaeed's loyalty mission as my paragon Shep could not let workers die while Zeed got his revenge. Everybody else in my squad is loyal. I know Zaeed dies if I send him back with the rescued crew members. Does he also die defending the door if he is not loyal?

OTOH he was a crazy bastard and I really wanted to airlock him after that loyalty mission so it's not a huge loss.

I am Pacal on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    It is a matter of some ridiculousness that armour and shields make people pretty much immune to most biotic effects.

It really does make it annoying playing a pure-biotics character - whereas a slo-mo soldier just ravages everything all the time.

EDIT: Also Jacob and Samara for most boring characters.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Jakorian wrote: »
    Flamethrower enemies are the most annoying thing I have ever encountered. If they hit you even once it stuns you long enough for them to hit you again, which stuns you long enough for them to hit you again and so on until you die. Thank god there's not a lot of them except for early on in Omega.

Which you'd think is great if your flame thrower heavy weapon did the same thing.

Unfortunately, it does not.

All it does is put you inside horrible rape radius

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    All it does is put you inside horrible rape radius

It really is horrible :x

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It is a matter of some ridiculousness that armour and shields make people pretty much immune to most biotic effects.

It really does make it annoying playing a pure-biotics character - whereas a slo-mo soldier just ravages everything all the time.

EDIT: Also Jacob and Samara for most boring characters.

The opposite-genders core love interest is almost always boring, either that or the token human male besides the main character. Kaiden and Jacob are fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucking boring, I dont think I ever used Jacob in two playthroughs except for his loyalty mission, though I rarely used Grunt either.

But then I rarely used Wrex, Krogans just dont work well with how I want to play the game. I've not used Zaeed since his mission either, doubt he has uch of value to add compared to other characters.

EDIT: Wait, samara for boring? Go goose yourself!

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    DarkWarrior I am having trouble reaching a consensus of just how wrong you actually are.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wait, samara for boring? Go goose yourself!

8(

These insults are somehow worse, because my brain automatically fills in every single possible word that could replace goose and tests all of them

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    -Tal wrote: »
    DarkWarrior I am having trouble reaching a consensus of just how wrong you actually are.

I just dont expect them to have much to say, they're not going to have much useful information on the things that matter which is why I take Garrus because he always has something to say.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    samara is kind of boring, but she has one of the best loyalty missions.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Samara has the ultimate milf thing going for her, what with being 1000ish years old

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

I just dont expect them to have much to say, they're not going to have much useful information on the things that matter which is why I take Garrus because he always has something to say.

wait wait wait a second here

are you saying those characters are boring because you don't EXPECT them to have much to say, rather than based on actually taking them

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    JakorianJakorian Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I don't think Samara is boring, just stoic.

Jakorian on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Samara has the ultimate milf thing going for her, what with being 1000ish years old

But then she goes NOT INTERESTED SRY

I have never been so disappointed by the Bioware writers as when I found out that every single female team-member didn't want to hook up with my shepherd.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    oh and if anyone is curious, i beat insanity without scanning a single planet.

that's with importing a level 48 me1 character and having the long service award achievement bonus.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »

She seems to have TONNES of dialogue on the ship compared to any other character and has interesting stuff to say.

are you saying those characters are boring because you don't EXPECT them to have much to say, rather than based on actually taking them

Well theres also them never saying anything. I did take Grunt a few places at first, he may as well not have been there. Obviously I took him to Tuchanka.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »

She seems to have TONNES of dialogue on the ship compared to any other character and has interesting stuff to say.

Well theres also them never saying anything. I did take Grunt a few places at first, he may as well not have been there. Obviously I took him to Tuchanka.

Every character is like that almost everywhere.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

But then she goes NOT INTERESTED SRY

I have never been so disappointed by the Bioware writers as when I found out that every single female team-member didn't want to hook up with my shepherd.

Sarcasm detector: ON

Hilarity unit: peaked

Joolander on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010

that's with importing a level 48 me1 character and having the long service award achievement bonus.

Then you couldn't have gotten the vast majority of upgrades in the game.

60k platinum goes really fast.

Maybe it's enough to get the required ship upgrades but not anything else. That's not even taking into account the stupid med-bay upgrade.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited February 2010

My achievements get randomly wiped. I've got the codex achievement about 4 times, headshot one about 4 times, etc. It's getting quite annoying, as I'm pretty sure I've lost my long service medal because of it. I also get random crashes where my computer turns off. grr

EDIT:
    Every character is like that almost everywhere.

Zaeed seems to have a greater than usual amount of incidental dialogue.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I loved my first visit to Tuchanka

spoilerish wrex stuff maybe
    SHEPARD I heard you were dead, ah the benefits of a redundant nervous system.

Yeah..Humans don't have that.

Must have hurt like hell then!

paraphrased, obviously.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Maybe it's enough to get the required ship upgrades but not anything else. That's not even taking into account the stupid med-bay upgrade.

there are no required ship upgrades, i upgraded a few tech/weapon/biotic skills, some of sheps armour, some heavy weapons but not all of them, only picked up resources found on the field through the missions i did, which were all the recruitment and story missions, and about 3 n7 missions.

at the end
    everyone died apart from jacob and zaeed, i was aiming for everyone dying but it wont kill those two for some reason.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I rolled through everyone, giving precedence to certain characters at different times, depending on what I suspected I'd be fighting:

- For standard Mercs, Grunt, Zaheed, Thane are all great.
    - For Collectors, Mordin and Miranda (Warp + Incinerate owns Harbinger)
    - For Geth, Tali and <The Other One with AI Hacking Spoiler>

Also, on Veteran, a fully upgraded Throw Field one-shots Husks. Not Heavy Throw; Throw Field.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Also, on Veteran, a fully upgraded Throw Field one-shots Husks. Not Heavy Throw; Throw Field.

I'm sure the first game husks were way tougher. I remember them doing something that would randomly take out your shields - whereas the "evolved" husks in this game are mostly just crappy zombies who die if you sneeze on them, and do next to zero melee damage.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010

there are no required ship upgrades, i upgraded a few tech/weapon/biotic skills, some of sheps armour, some heavy weapons but not all of them, only picked up resources found on the field through the missions i did, which were all the recruitment and story missions, and about 3 n7 missions.

at the end
    everyone died apart from jacob and zaeed, i was aiming for everyone dying but it wont kill those two for some reason.

Right, that's what I meant.

I've no doubt you could complete insanity without getting a single upgrade to either equipment or your ship; and if you're just going straight for the achievement only (or the "bad" ending) then...yeah.

I was just saying that starting resource boost goes really quick if you're actively upgrading everything you can find.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Wet BanditWet Bandit Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ceno wrote: »
    Sweet merciful crap, WHAT AN ENDGAME. And that music!

Stupid mistake made here:
    The only party member I didn't have the loyalty of was Jack, and I stupidly took her with me on the last stretch of the suicide run, thinking it'd be better to have her close than holding out with the rest of the gang. I was so worried about her betraying us that I didn't count on a large piece of wall taking her out. Will everyone live if she stays behind to hold out with the rest?

Your ending intrigues me. I'm going to have to try and replicate this.

Wet Bandit on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I think I may switch my Sentinel for an Engineer class.

Battle Drone just looks like it'll be a lot more fun than Tech Armor.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'd be really interested in reading a comprehensive guide on exactly what variables have effect on the various endings.

I totally thought I'd be pulling off a win with everyone surviving, but Mordin and Zaeed were down by the time the dust settled.

Dangerbird on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    See, everyone lived for me. But I'd upgraded pretty much everything I could, and done every quest I could find.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

It's pretty disappointing. It only does damage to shields unless you get it one of the tier 4 upgrades, and its main use is as a distraction. It also looks really stupid (like a glowing ball of light) rather than a rad drone of death.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Houn wrote: »
    See, everyone lived for me. But I'd upgraded pretty much everything I could, and done every quest I could find.

It's a matter of having everyone loyal, having the big ship upgrades, and assigning the correct people to the correct jobs plus a little bit of luck and sufficient speed.

It's really not very hard. I'm still disappointed with that.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Does anyone know what's different if you let the alliance keep Bhatia's body for research? I haven't noticed anything, so I'm assuming it just changes that one news report about the alliance unable to match their recruitment quotas?

Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

It's pretty disappointing. It only does damage to shields unless you get it one of the tier 4 upgrades, and its main use is as a distraction. It also looks really stupid (like a glowing ball of light) rather than a rad drone of death.

I've already used it on one of my previous characters playthrough, so I've already accessed it's usefulness. I haven't used Tech Armor yet though, but it doesn't seem to be anything more than better shields really. Not to mention the Sentinel doesn't seem to have many close range abilities so I can't see you getting the AoE off too much.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Tech Armour. It's really great as an emergency shield boost with a 12 second cooldown. Thus endeth its use. Sentinels make great debuffers - strip armour, regenerative abilities, shields, biotic barriers, but they lack any sort of real punch when it comes to combat. Throw just doesn't cut it.

Dunxco on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah I suppose in comparison with Sentinel, the CAPTAIN OF BOREDOM, engineer is pretty rad.

Have you tried soldier? It's surprisingly fun, as they give you bullet time.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah I suppose in comparison with Sentinel, the CAPTAIN OF BOREDOM, engineer is pretty rad.

I'm already sure I won't like Soldier. It doesn't have any power that isn't just shooting things. Not one of the more interesting classes.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »

I'm already sure I won't like Soldier. It doesn't have any power that isn't just shooting things. Not one of the more interesting classes.

Bullet Time.

And your free ally power can be whatever.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg