As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

X-Men Thread: Regenesis is here, Phil Collins or Peter Gabriel?

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    unfix chamber and bring him back

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Man I've been meaning to ask

Was Chamber at all interesting or useful in New Warriors? Because he was one of the main reasons I was reading that and he hardly did anything in the five issues or so before I dropped it.

I was kind of hoping he'd eventually turn up in the MI-13 book but oh well.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Here's a team I'd like to see:

Chamber
    Exiles'/AoA Blink
    Resurrected Synch
    AoA Sabertooth
    Exiles' Nocturne
    Re-powered Jubilee

Instead of New York, San Fran, or Utopia, set them up someplace different. Howabout New Orleans? Or Miami?

Nightslyr on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If Jubilee gets repowered at all I rather she be used as the leader/supervisor of a New X-Men reunion team to make use of the one non-shitty thing Nation X set-up.

However this is pretty much only going to happen in my dreams

Furu on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Jeez whats with the swipe on Nation X? It's not the best comic story ever but it's far from terrible.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    edited April 2010
    I want Chamber and Maggott to have a cross country road trip trying to get Squidboy laid and fighting super villains along the way

I want Animal House with super heroes is what I'm saying

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Can we do Weekend at Bernie's with dead Jean Grey, too?

desc on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    desc wrote: »

Can we do Weekend at Bernie's with dead Jean Grey, too?

ahahahahahahah

Langly on
    edited April 2010
    no

weekend at bernie's with goliath

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    no

weekend at bernie's with goliath

Bwa ha ha...that'd make a great Deadpool issue...

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    wait wut

desc on
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've got it! Hope saves mutant-kind by declaring anyone with superhuman abilities mutants! And Spidey, freed from his marriage with MJ decides he wants to nail Psylocke (he'd prefer British Psylocke but isn't picky), so he decides to use his new "Mutant" status to cozy up with the X-Men.

He'll also be on the new X-Force as the 'voice of moral reason'.

Tomanta on
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This Summer, Spider-Man will be in...

EVERYTHING

stevemarks44 on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Are they doing another Spidey retcon, or what? Sheesh. Oh well, we'll find out what the devil is going on eventually.

Antimatter on
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    maybe the spider bite activated his latent spider abilities. or mutated his x-gene

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    mts wrote: »
    maybe the spider bite activated his latent spider abilities. or mutated his x-gene

I'll wait and find out when they release the Spidey&The X-men movie, t-shirts, video games, yoga mats, coffee mugs, sticker books, toy dog sweaters, blankets, action figures, busts, drinking glasses, contraceptives, energy drink,etc

Caveman Paws on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If this had come out a few months ago, I'd say Norman Osborn told the press that Spider-Man is a mutant to make everyone hate him.

Hensler on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Looking at that Spidey/Psylocke preview again, the page they're tearing out of is the big awesome Jim Lee cover to X-Men #1. This could mean X-Men Legacy is cancelled to be relaunched again (probably with a shitty Greg Land cover on it oh wait it happened already), to coincide with all the Heroicness of the other Marvel titles.

And if Mike Carey isn't on the book I will get Wayne Brady to choke an editor. Let's make a deal

TexiKen on
    edited April 2010
    doggs you may be hella overreacting okay

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Look TLB I'm just asking questions

TexiKen on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just bought the second volume of Kyle/Yost's New X-men on my PSP and was curious to see what it cost online. Seems it's must be out of print since the cheapest it gets on Amazon is around $40. And I paid just under 8 dollars for the whole thing.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Automaticzen on
    http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    An appearance by Lyra may actually get me pick up an X-Men book.

Munch on
    edited April 2010
    What I'm getting so far is the point of this campaign and apparently post-SC X-Men in general is to show that they're not going to be isolated from the MU any longer.

Furu on
    edited April 2010
    Furu wrote: »
    What I'm getting so far is the point of this campaign and apparently post-SC X-Men in general is to show that they're not going to be isolated from the MU any longer.

Agreed, which is a relief since I thought Spidey joining was just a blatant attempt to get higher sales by having Spider-Man fans picking up Xbooks.

Caveman Paws on
    edited April 2010
    I'd like to see Parker be all like "Yeah, I'm a mutant, that's where I got my powers," so that he could get free room and board on Utopia. The dude's life is going nowhere, he might as well become an X-Man and join the X-Science Club.

As for Lyra - well, she was born with her powers, so I guess she's a mutant in that sense. And she's a great character, so I'm glad she's not going to be forgotten about in the immediate future.

Hensler on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Could also be a sign that the definition of mutant is now going to expand to include all super-humans, for better or worse.

That could be how Marvel gets around the SHRA. Since mutants don't have to register, argue that the distinction between mutants and super-humans is trivial and that all super-humans ought to similarly be exempt from registration.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited April 2010
    I think that's a little bit of a leap to make compared to the simpler "X-Men are more in with the Marvel Universe" explanation

Furu on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh yeah, it totally is. Still, it's what came to mind for me, so I thought I'd toss it out there.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited April 2010
    Hensler wrote: »
    I'd like to see Parker be all like "Yeah, I'm a mutant, that's where I got my powers," so that he could get free room and board on Utopia. The dude's life is going nowhere, he might as well become an X-Man and join the X-Science Club.

As for Lyra - well, she was born with her powers, so I guess she's a mutant in that sense. And she's a great character, so I'm glad she's not going to be forgotten about in the immediate future.

Imagine having to explain your origion story as Spider-Man. "Well there was this radioactive spider that bit me. No seriously that's how it happened." It would be so much quicker and less open to confusion to say "Mutant."

Caveman Paws on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Could also be a sign that the definition of mutant is now going to expand to include all super-humans, for better or worse.

That could be how Marvel gets around the SHRA. Since mutants don't have to register, argue that the distinction between mutants and super-humans is trivial and that all super-humans ought to similarly be exempt from registration.

I was thinking something similar to this. Marvel has always been bogged down by the arbitrary divisions they've put between groups of characters - especially when it comes to mutants and other supers.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I was thinking something similar to this. Marvel has always been bogged down by the arbitrary divisions they've put between groups of characters - especially when it comes to mutants and other supers.

Anything which brings together the Mutant part of the Marvel Universe with the rest of it is a good thing honestly. With guys like Thor flying about I can't see people really making mutants being different a big deal anymore, and they really need to get away from the "normal people hate muties" anyway.

Solar on
  • cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Apparently, as part of Spider-man joining the X-Men, he's moving to San Franscico. I don't think I really want to take Peter Parker out of New York...he's probably the most New York-ish hero there is.

I can seeing the super-heros all getting together and saying they're mutants to get around the SHRA law. And as part of that, they'd have to do some token service on the X-Men. I suppose that in return, the X-Men get some credibility by having other heroes join them.

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Okay, this is just getting silly now. She Hulk I would have allowed, but taking Spider-Man out of New York to join the mutants in San Fran? This is only going to be for like 5 issues before Peter Parker goes back to the Big Apple, it has to be.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You know, I've always rather liked the way the Ultimate line classified Spider-Man. He is an illegal genetic mutation, as opposed to the X-men being natural mutations. They're all mutants, they just came about it a different way. I could easily see this line of thinking entering the 616 universe as well.

Also, I've always enjoyed Spider-Man/X-men crossovers.

AspectVoid on
    PSN|AspectVoid
    edited April 2010
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    You know, I've always rather liked the way the Ultimate line classified Spider-Man. He is an illegal genetic mutation, as opposed to the X-men being natural mutations. They're all mutants, they just came about it a different way. I could easily see this line of thinking entering the 616 universe as well.

Also, I've always enjoyed Spider-Man/X-men crossovers.

Me too, I loved how in the Ultimate series Spidey has problems with the way the X-Men do their business, and of course there is the great issue where Wolverine and Parker are mind-swapped because Jean Grey is a complete and utter bitch.

Though Spidey isn't illegal in the Ultimate Series as he did not intentionally alter his DNA, though Osborn and co playing around with animal DNA to create Oz was probably pushing it very close to the line. You're only commiting a crime if you intentionally alter your own DNA or the DNA of another in the Ultimate Universe, which is why mutants get away with it because nobody thinks they were artificially created (though this isn't actually true).

Solar on
    edited April 2010
    The last time that Parker moved out West, Ben Reilly took over in NYC. If only that could happen again.

Hensler on
    edited April 2010
    hey now whoa now solar

are you telling me ultimate jean grey has a personality

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited April 2010
    hey now whoa now solar

are you telling me ultimate jean grey has a personality

When written by Brian Michael Bendis yes. A nasty, unpleasant one. Every other time not really, no. I wish she'd have died in Ultimatum and other mutants had lived, like Angel and Dazzler, and Angel got a power upgrade so he could kick massive amounts of ass while Dazzler carries around an electric guitar everywhere she goes so that she can smack people with it and they have rockin' adventures and their archenemy is a Simon Cowell a-like who Dazzler defeats with the power of punk rock...

Solar on