X-Men Thread: Regenesis is here, Phil Collins or Peter Gabriel?

12122242627100

Posts

  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Dis wrote: »
    Cmon.
    Cable sucks.

    It's just 20+ issues of Cable on the run with hope with Bishop chasing them hopping through time.

    What did you just say?

    Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Dis wrote: »
    Cmon.
    Cable sucks.

    It's just 20+ issues of Cable on the run with hope with Bishop chasing them hopping through time.

    You say that it is inherently a bad thing.

    Solar on
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I loved the Cable series, him hopping through time with Hope, killing bug men, shooting Bishop, getting shot by Bishop. It was good times.

    Because Cable is one of the top ten Marvel badasses and if you don't like him then you hate America. Why would you hate America? Why would you hate freedom?

    Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm British, we dislike freedom intensely. Especially if that means hoodies scrawling graffiti on the end terrace.

    Wildcat on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Wildcat wrote: »
    I'm British, we dislike freedom intensely. Especially if that means hoodies scrawling graffiti on the end terrace.

    Little shits.

    Solar on
  • TexiKenTexiKen lllllet's go! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Well, if they break into your apartment (or "flat," as you call it) and you catch them, just sit on them and wait for the cops until your roommate lets them stay on the terrace and they call for their other friends to bust them out and they call you clean shirt.

    TexiKen on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    After reading the Proteus arc of X-Men: Legacy, I'm wondering why Scott didn't just move all the mutants to Muir island and avoided all the problems they've had with Utopia. Yeah, it belongs to Scotland, but Canonball could have beat up William Wallace and then the X-Men would have been able to have adventures with MI-13 every month.

    Hensler on
  • TexiKenTexiKen lllllet's go! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    That actually makes a lot of sense. And in the UK it's been established they like having a super hero team around to help out.

    Hensler why didn't you think of this a year ago

    TexiKen on
  • DisDis Registered User
    edited May 2010
    Like how their have so many mutant power null necklace but can't make one for rogue or cyclops so they can on off their powers whenever they want with it?

    Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JackvinslyJackvinsly Registered User
    edited May 2010
    I read this comic it was wonder full the Blade, Lyra, and Spider-Man are all characters that could be considered mutants in some sense, but I'm not sure about Elektra... she's had psychic tricks before, but I was never sure if she was just being cool or actually had some superhuman powers besides never staying dead.
    She did have some awesome powers in her equally awesome Jennifer Garner movie, though. I need to watch that again soon.i really wait to watch.

    Jackvinsly on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hensler wrote: »
    Blade, Lyra, and Spider-Man are all characters that could be considered mutants in some sense, but I'm not sure about Elektra... she's had psychic tricks before, but I was never sure if she was just being cool or actually had some superhuman powers besides never staying dead.

    She did have some awesome powers in her equally awesome Jennifer Garner movie, though. I need to watch that again soon.

    Jackvinsly wrote: »
    I read this comic it was wonder full the Blade, Lyra, and Spider-Man are all characters that could be considered mutants in some sense, but I'm not sure about Elektra... she's had psychic tricks before, but I was never sure if she was just being cool or actually had some superhuman powers besides never staying dead.
    She did have some awesome powers in her equally awesome Jennifer Garner movie, though. I need to watch that again soon.i really wait to watch.

    Hensler on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Obviously a alternate reality you that's gotten lessons in coherency. Still not great, but getting there.

    Or a future you that's gone senile.

    Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • TexiKenTexiKen lllllet's go! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    See, this is what Hope does to the world, she screws up grammar.

    Bishop was right!

    TexiKen on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Obviously a alternate reality you that's gotten lessons in coherency. Still not great, but getting there.

    Or a future you that's gone senile.

    I told those bastards at the CIA that this would happen if we kept monkeying with the timeline, but they didn't listen.

    Hensler on
  • DisDis Registered User
    edited May 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    See, this is what Hope does to the world, she screws up grammar.

    Bishop was right!

    She will go "I am the Pheonix" and start bitching and then use her power to kill alot of humans.
    And thus the mutants being locked up in camps future comes true.

    Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    High five for the Sentry
    , post-mortem.

    25a0xty.jpg

    Also, why don't superheroes wear tuxedoes to funerals, like normal people? Is it because of the 42% chance that the Circus of Crime will pop out of the casket?

    Robos A Go Go on
  • CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    High five for the Sentry
    , post-mortem.

    25a0xty.jpg

    Also, why don't superheroes wear tuxedoes to funerals, like normal people? Is it because of the 42% chance that the Circus of Crime will pop out of the casket?

    Wait, wasn't the Sentry like married.

    Damn Southern homewreckin' mutant sexpots.

    CoJoeTheLawyer on

    CoJoe.png
  • TexiKenTexiKen lllllet's go! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, seriously.

    Wut

    I thought Mystique raised Rogue better than that.

    TexiKen on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Also, why don't superheroes wear tuxedoes to funerals, like normal people? Is it because of the 42% chance that the Circus of Crime will pop out of the casket?

    Same reason cops and soldiers go to them in full uniform.

    Furu on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    High five for the Sentry
    , post-mortem.

    25a0xty.jpg

    Also, why don't superheroes wear tuxedoes to funerals, like normal people? Is it because of the 42% chance that the Circus of Crime will pop out of the casket?

    Wait, wasn't the Sentry like married.

    Damn Southern homewreckin' mutant sexpots.

    Probably before he was married. One thing we know about the Sentry is that he was crazy about Lindy. Literally.

    Solar on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Furu wrote: »
    Also, why don't superheroes wear tuxedoes to funerals, like normal people? Is it because of the 42% chance that the Circus of Crime will pop out of the casket?

    Same reason cops and soldiers go to them in full uniform.

    The uniforms they wear aren't the day-to-day outfits. Soldiers don't go to funerals dressed in fatigues.

    And superhero outfits are skintight and often display generous amounts of skin.

    Robos A Go Go on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    But 99% of the time, the only thing most superheroes wear is their costume, unless they have a secret identity. This is usually because the artist can't make the characters recognizable without them, but we always see the X-Men and Avengers and everybody sitting around the hideout, eating pizza and watching TV in their combat suits.

    Hensler on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hensler wrote: »
    But 99% of the time, the only thing most superheroes wear is their costume, unless they have a secret identity. This is usually because the artist can't make the characters recognizable without them, but we always see the X-Men and Avengers and everybody sitting around the hideout, eating pizza and watching TV in their combat suits.

    It turns out superheroes have been fighting in their pajamas this whole time and no one ever knew.

    desc on
  • DisDis Registered User
    edited May 2010
    High five for the Sentry
    , post-mortem.

    25a0xty.jpg

    Also, why don't superheroes wear tuxedoes to funerals, like normal people? Is it because of the 42% chance that the Circus of Crime will pop out of the casket?

    o_O
    This is real bad taste.
    You don't see Rogue go hump anyone yet ever since she can control her power.

    Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    When she couldn't touch anyone it makes sense that she would touch the one person who didn't die as a result as much as possible. Lots of touchy touchy.

    Solar on
  • DisDis Registered User
    edited May 2010
    Solar wrote: »
    When she couldn't touch anyone it makes sense that she would touch the one person who didn't die as a result as much as possible. Lots of touchy touchy.

    They are so many ways to null one powers eg. like those neck braces they used in genosha and none of the writers are smart enough to let her use one so she can touch someone.

    Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Dis, buddy, you trying to apply sense to a superhero comic? Because down that path lies madness.

    Solar on
  • CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Dis wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    When she couldn't touch anyone it makes sense that she would touch the one person who didn't die as a result as much as possible. Lots of touchy touchy.

    They are so many ways to null one powers eg. like those neck braces they used in genosha and none of the writers are smart enough to let her use one so she can touch someone.

    That always bugged me as well...she could be de-powered in battle, but not everyday life?

    On an unrelated note, Rouge, Sentry and his wife have all the right players for a great episode of The Jerry Springer Show.

    CoJoeTheLawyer on

    CoJoe.png
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Don't forget Crystal.

    Solar on
  • DisDis Registered User
    edited May 2010
    Solar wrote: »
    Dis, buddy, you trying to apply sense to a superhero comic? Because down that path lies madness.

    Yes, you are right.
    The more you think about it, the madder you feel.
    And you will start to have an impulse to kill the writers.

    Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aaronsedgeaaronsedge __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2010
    So not only does she get Kurt killed, but now shes gone and got Telford(vanisher) killed.

    Hope can eat a wiener. I am a Hope atheist. She sucks and I am now officially a believer in Bishop.

    Also, just when I thought we would finally see the end of Sentry and all his terrible terrible stories and marvels feeble attempts to make him seem important they go and
    retcon him and rogue into being some kind of romance, virginity losing, terribleness.

    Hope and Sentry boooooooooooooo

    aaronsedge on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Munch wrote: »
    Only if there are some tig ol' bitties on the cover know'm sayin'?
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    High five for the Sentry
    , post-mortem.

    25a0xty.jpg

    Also, why don't superheroes wear tuxedoes to funerals, like normal people? Is it because of the 42% chance that the Circus of Crime will pop out of the casket?

    Centipede Damascus on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm a little surprised by the negative reaction, at least as it relates to Rogue's history of not touching people. Is the abstinence angst still central to her character? I thought she moved past that, just like Cyclops did with his ocular difficulties.

    I do get the annoyance about her being a notch on the bedpost, though. The bit about The Wrecker killing a bus of kids is the worst part about the story, though. You can't have shit like that happen without making the entire superhero conceit seem ridiculous.

    Robos A Go Go on
  • TexiKenTexiKen lllllet's go! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I don't know when Rogue actually met Sentry, as it was always thought that Gambit was Rogue's first time in the Antarctic right before Uncanny #350.

    TexiKen on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I don't know when Rogue actually met Sentry, as it was always thought that Gambit was Rogue's first time in the Antarctic right before Uncanny #350.

    She would've probably forgotten thanks to his mass mindwipe. Besides it never says he's her first, just they they were together at some point.

    Solar on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The point was that the loneliness was a huge part of her character at one point. It's like a character is a hero, and in a throwaway side story off panel it's mentioned offhandedly that he's tortured a couple of kids or something. It just doesn't work.

    Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It's like having a character who survived the holocaust, and then finding out that he's tried to commit genocide numerous times since then.

    Robos A Go Go on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It doesn't matter since like most of Jenkin's work it's never going to be acknowledged again.

    Furu on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It's like having a character who survived the holocaust, and then finding out that he's tried to commit genocide numerous times since then.

    No. No it's fucking not. At all.

    It's like a character who couldn't touch anyone being touched. That's what it's like.

    Solar on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Solar wrote: »
    It's like having a character who survived the holocaust, and then finding out that he's tried to commit genocide numerous times since then.

    No. No it's fucking not. At all.

    It's like a character who couldn't touch anyone being touched. That's what it's like.

    Actually, it would be like you have a character who is powered by the sun and a magic drug, and then in one panel he is also somehow the angel of wrath, but it is never mentioned again.

    It makes no sense, has no real bearing on the story or the characters, and is only there for the "OOOH SENTRY IS TEH AWSOMEZRZ!!11!" suckoff factor.

    Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.