As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Realm of the Mad God

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Ok, I'll be there.

• Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    i'm still online, currently hanging out in nexus as a 20 priest

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Be right there.

Edit: I'm at the Nexus on USEast3 server.

Shimshai on
    Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm at the north most part of the Nexus.

• Options
    MandresMandres Registered User regular
    It's really a fun game, and at the same time incredibly frustrating. I had a 5/8 maxed Necromancer with full T11 gear that just died last week because of one foolish mistake in the brand new dungeon (ocean trench). That was weeks worth of work down the drain with nothing to show for it. That kinda took the wind out of my sails, but here I am playing it again..

The best tip for making real progression is to have 2 characters. Use one to farm godlands and dungeons and feed all the stat potions to the other. Once you've maxed defense and speed then you can play with your 'real' character. You're bound to lose a few of your farming toons, so don't put any really expensive gear or pots on them.

and yea, bind that "warp to nexus" key closeby and use it any time you drop below 50% hp. Playing ultra-conservatively is the only way to stay alive, but as you live longer and get stronger the rewards start pouring in. The day before I died I solo'd Oryx on my Necro. It took almost an hour but I did it. A fully stat maxed character is at like an order of magnitude stronger than a fresh lvl20.

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Mandres wrote: »
    It's really a fun game, and at the same time incredibly frustrating. I had a 5/8 maxed Necromancer with full T11 gear that just died last week because of one foolish mistake in the brand new dungeon (ocean trench). That was weeks worth of work down the drain with nothing to show for it. That kinda took the wind out of my sails, but here I am playing it again..

The best tip for making real progression is to have 2 characters. Use one to farm godlands and dungeons and feed all the stat potions to the other. Once you've maxed defense and speed then you can play with your 'real' character. You're bound to lose a few of your farming toons, so don't put any really expensive gear or pots on them.

and yea, bind that "warp to nexus" key closeby and use it any time you drop below 50% hp. Playing ultra-conservatively is the only way to stay alive, but as you live longer and get stronger the rewards start pouring in. The day before I died I solo'd Oryx on my Necro. It took almost an hour but I did it. A fully stat maxed character is at like an order of magnitude stronger than a fresh lvl20.

I just picked this up, and I'm glad I read this before I started playing. It seems like something I wouldn't have thought of right away.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    This is kind of pointless but it's the sort of thing you pick up from reading the wiki when you can't play. :P

Pets are permanent. Well not the pet itself. It'll go when your character goes. But the Pet Generator is an item you can store in your stash. So when your character dies, you can get it out, make a new pet then put it back and go on your merry way. Of course, this uses up an entire inventory slot for a vanity item. I haven't been looking at the doggy. Nope.

• Options
    IDDQDIDDQD Registered User regular
    Anyone on USEast3 Nexus available for guild invite?

Live: Flynnt Loch | PSN: FlynntLoch | Steam: flynnt_loch
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    I very also would like a guild invite.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I can help you out, I'll be at the nexus in a minute. I was entering a spider den but the game seems to have had issues with that.
    ?.jpg

I'll reboot and be there soon.

Edit: Or maybe not. Can't reconnect. Maybe they're updating the game version, or the servers crashed.

Shimshai on

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    Well, I think it is telling me to stop playing for a while, it won't load up for me, returns a server error 500, whatever that is.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Same.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Yea seems like the game is having some issues, Ill try a bit later as well

Edit: Seems like Steam is having issues as well... Anyone else not able to access Community?

IDDQD on
  • Options
    Same. It's the end of the internet, people!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Looks like the game is back up again. I'm at the nexus on USEast3 if you want an invite, @IDDQD

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Im in, character name FlynntLoch

Edit: Thanks for the invite, had a blast running with the Dapper Crabs for awhile!

IDDQD on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    How the hell do you drink a damn potion?

• Options
    RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    two options. press whatever number slot the potion is in 1-8. or shift left click the potion in your inventory. You can also shift left click potions in loot bags to instantly use them without needing to take it (like if your inventory is like mine and filled with pots cause I need them for emergency).

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
  • Options
    flammiebcflammiebc Registered User regular
    Mandres wrote: »

Fun fact: if you lag / get disconnected in the trench, you still lose oxygen (and eventually health), and can die before you reconnect if you were unfortunate enough to do so with a low breath meter. Learned that the hard way earlier :/

Bedlam: potions you drink by hitting the number key of the slot they're in (1-8), or shift left-clicking the cell. The latter should work for pots on the ground as well.

Switch: SW-7753-7176-1119
    PSN: LucidStar_BC
  • Options
    downerdowner Registered User regular
    Anyone on that can invite me? Ingame is downer.

• Options
    I'm on right now to whomever wants to play, not sure if I'm an officer yet - but I'll be on USEast3

• Options
    ColorlessGreenColorlessGreen Registered User regular
    Everyone in the guild is an officer right now. I log on and promote everyone who isn't already every day or two.

Also, I had actually thought officers could promote other people to officers, since I'm pretty sure leaders can promote other people to leaders, so I may go through and make everyone a leader at some point here, assuming the game can handle having so many dapper crabs simultaneously lead. We can be a nice big hippie co-op.

Hearthstone (NA, EU, Asia): Ceegee#1473 - spectators welcome.
  • Options
    So is there anywhere I can go at 20 to gear up that I can do by myself? I know I'll eventually die, but I'd like to get some gear to start out my next character. I guess it'll be a priest cause I think that's the only other thing I have unlocked.

• Options
    The innermost road is pretty decent and relatively safe. You should be able to get a set of fourth tier stuff without too much problem there, and can occasionally get better stuff from quest mobs. Also, the lesser gods (which are generally around the outskirts of godland) can be handled without too much trouble provided you don't wind up surrounded.

• Options
    Servers going down for 90minutes (in 30mins from now). 4pm pst

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Some dumb questions:

1) How do I know which server I'm on?
    2) How are people buying/selling items?
    3) What are the tiers of items? Should I be saving these "gold" and items I find that have weird names/effects?
    4) Can I please get an invite to the PA Guild? My in game name is "Pacificsta" Because the whole thing wouldn't fix and I didn't feel like being inventive

• Options
    1) It'll tell you when you first connect, or you can choose one by selecting "servers" from the main menu.
    2) You can buy some stuff with either fame or gold (i.e. real money) in the nexus, and you can trade items with other players. That's about it.
    3) Look them up on the wiki for a list, basically. Don't bother saving much, really, IMO. Pick out what class or two you want to play next, and save the best item you find for each equip slot for each char, and call it good.
    4) If I sees you, I'll invites you, but you'll probably have better luck finding someone else before me. Any current member should be able to invite you.

• Options
    how do I recognize a current member?

• Options
    If you're still around, come on US Southwest and look for ceegee. I should be on for a little bit. Otherwise, you can see what guild people are in when you mouseover their name, and many people have mentioned their name in this thread.

• Options
    If you're still around, come on US Southwest and look for ceegee. I should be on for a little bit. Otherwise, you can see what guild people are in when you mouseover their name, and many people have mentioned their name in this thread.

messaged you but i think you were busy i'm going to sleep thanks though!

• Options
    MandresMandres Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Magus` wrote: »
    So is there anywhere I can go at 20 to gear up that I can do by myself? I know I'll eventually die, but I'd like to get some gear to start out my next character. I guess it'll be a priest cause I think that's the only other thing I have unlocked.

At lvl 20, the only thing there is to do is head into godlands and start farming gods and dungeons. I usually go there at ~lvl13 and end up with a few pots by the time I hit 20. There's no reason to be anywhere else except the godlands once you're at lvl cap. Some classes (the ranged ones) have an easier time soloing there than others. Priests are pretty good solo because of the long range on wands and obviously the healing.

Mandres on
  • Options
    Well, there is another reason, if you want to get enough fame to get that second / third rank star in a class and you are feeling risk adverse/helpful, find a lowbie/newbie and help them complete their quests. That's how I got a second rank in priest anyways, that 150 fame came on surprisingly quick after helping out a few low level characters do quests, even got to make sure they didn't miss any good loot for their situation too which made them more inclined to listen to me when I would ask them to head for their next quest(s). I think fellow members of The Dapper Crabs do that for each other on occassion as well, so one of us dying actually benefits us fame if we restart over with their easy quests.

If you want good gear though, those purple and blue bags, only a few of those quests drop em and that is only around like level 10+, godland and its various portals are way more likely to have those prized possessions show up. Don't know how they drop though, seems like luck to me, others can be seeing bag after bag and I will have been going on a dry spell the whole time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bobwocobobwoco Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Well, there is another reason, if you want to get enough fame to get that second / third rank star in a class and you are feeling risk adverse/helpful, find a lowbie/newbie and help them complete their quests. That's how I got a second rank in priest anyways, that 150 fame came on surprisingly quick after helping out a few low level characters do quests, even got to make sure they didn't miss any good loot for their situation too which made them more inclined to listen to me when I would ask them to head for their next quest(s). I think fellow members of The Dapper Crabs do that for each other on occassion as well, so one of us dying actually benefits us fame if we restart over with their easy quests.

If you want good gear though, those purple and blue bags, only a few of those quests drop em and that is only around like level 10+, godland and its various portals are way more likely to have those prized possessions show up. Don't know how they drop though, seems like luck to me, others can be seeing bag after bag and I will have been going on a dry spell the whole time.

The purple and blue bags are soulbound loot: They only appear for you, and nobody else can loot them. However, they require you to deal a certain percentage of the damage to the enemy (like 2.5% min for Oryx, for example). The only mid-level quests I've seen drop soulbounds are Horned Drakes and the occasional Dwarf King.

bobwoco on
    Steam ID: wocobob
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Interesting, so then ... those classes that do a bunch of damage are more likely to get the soulbound bags? Makes sense, as a priest I usually try to heal from the back row, keep a way out for those who get surrounded or need to rotate off the front line - even if my shots hit, my wand is doing a lot less damage than the specials and regular damage of the other classes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    flammiebcflammiebc Registered User regular
    The soulbound percentages are pretty small, usually single digits - so if you can tag an enemy a few times, chances are it's good enough. Range is more important than straight damage, and with enough dex/atk wands are fine for reaching those thresholds.

Switch: SW-7753-7176-1119
    PSN: LucidStar_BC
  • Options
    I'm on the us east server if someone can give me an invite to the guild

"Pacificsta"

• Options
    Plus when you're with guild members, they'll share that sweet sweet loot with you.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm curious how fresh Warrior.Knights.Paladins(yeah he can he heal). can progress alone at 20 at gods. they just don't have the range or survivability to me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    downerdowner Registered User regular
    Anyone around for a guild invite? :)

• Options
    KambingKambing Registered User regular
    FYI, playing one of the melee classes in this game (warrior, knight, paladin) is only fun if you hate your life. >_<

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.