As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Unofficial PAX-EAST 2010 Community DVD - Edited 11/13

2»

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    At this time, we're not 100% sure that they won't release an official DVD. I would say it's still likely they won't based on what they've already said. If they confirm that they won't be doing it anymore then maybe we will contact them about at least mentioning us. I'm sure a whole lot of people that were at PAX EAST at least heard our name once though, we tried pretty hard to make our presence known, lol.

We got a lot of great footage this time around though, much better than last year, we're pretty proud of it. I will be trying to upload some previews and such when I get the chance, hopefully this week at least, and when I get home later this evening I will post our final list of what all we were able to cover.

I hope you all look forward to it!

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • TheGreat2ndTheGreat2nd Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Is there a mailing list? I wanna know when this thing comes out, so hyped for it!
    thegreat2nd (at) gmail.com

TheGreat2nd on
    BinghamtonUniversity.png
    I'm Jacob Wilson. | facebook | thegreat2nd | [url="aim:goim?screenname=TheGreatSecond&message=Hello+from+the+Penny+Arcade+Forums!"]aim[/url]
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    We haven't really considered that yet, but I don't imagine it would be hard to do. So starting now, we will look into it!

Anyway, on to business. We filmed many things. With good camcorders.

Our footage is much better than what we had last year. It's not perfect, but damn. I've watched a bit here and there since I got home last night, and I gotta say that I'm not looking forward to getting started on the editing, but I will be so excited to see it finished.

We got a lot of involvement from other media groups as well. We don't yet know everything that our set will contain, but I at least can release a list of everything that our team recorded. We also did a bit more than just record concerts and panels, but we're not going to go there yet. Some of you may already know what we did, and I just ask that you keep it to yourself for now.

So, here's what we were able to cover ourselves:

Opening keynote by Wil Wheaton
    Penny Arcade Q&A 1
    Penny Arcade Q&A 2
    Make A Strip Panel
    Red vs Blue Panel
    Blamimations Panel
    Bill Amend Panel
    Musical Guests Panel
    Omegathon Finale (and Rock Band round)
    Friday and Saturday concerts in their entirety

We had planned to cover slightly more than that, but not everything goes as planned. I will try to release some videos onto YouTube as soon as I can. It's going to take longer than I want it to, but I don't want to fuck it up again.

We'll post again when necessary. And I'll update the OP when I decide not to be lazy. Or when the PAXSARS wears off...

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Awesome. Keep us updated can't wait to see it!

rentfn on
  • daninspiredmediadaninspiredmedia Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I ran into one of your camera guys at the Saturday night show. I stood next to him the entire time. For the life of me i cannot remember his name or forum name. It was to loud and i couldn't quite make it out.

He had mentioned you guys were putting together a photo website for all the pictures that were taken at PAX. I told him i could lend a hand with that if you needed some one to do it.

I'm a web developer out of VA

http://www.daninspiredmedia.com

daninspiredmedia on
  • Tal!nTal!n San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I took some videos of various events, most notably parts of the excellent VGO performance and then a bit of the second panel and the omegathon.

Unfortunately, shooting on a DSLR (I have a T1i) makes it fairly hard to mitigate camera shake, and zooming smoothly is almost downright impossible with a lens that actually moves (for me, at least). That being said, I hope the DVD will feature this part of the second panel, because I think it sums up very neatly why Mike, and Jerry are more than just gamers that host a great con, and deserve every bit of the Ambassador Award they received:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6mTrBxTB3A

Again, apologies, I have no (experience with) video editing software whatsoever, though if there's an easy 'focus on point, cut out edges, reduce shake' I'd be more than interested.

Tal!n on
    edited March 2010
    Tal!n
    Don't worry, we got every bit of these panels, and a good angle on this part. You can actually see one of our cameramen in your video.

daninspiredmedia
    We technically don't have a "photo website," however on our website we have a link to our Flikr pool where people can submit their pictures. They will show up on the slide show on our front page and we may include them on the DVD's somewhere as well. Thanks for the offer though, I will discuss it with my team and see if we come up with anything.

EDIT: Added "Pitch Your Game Idea" to the OP after just realizing we had filmed it.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • PapaSmurf323PapaSmurf323 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm not sure if you need any of this footage, but here is some stuff of the byoc tf2 tournament

http://www.orztf2.com/2010/03/25/pax-east-tf2-tournament/
    pics/vids/writeup of the event

here are the source tv demos of the semi finals and finals
    http://rapidshare.com/files/369385405/PAX_East_Demos.zip.html

if you do include it and need any help feel free to email me
    [email protected]

PapaSmurf323 on
  • papaprinnypapaprinny Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Howdy, everybody!

Yup, that was the most touching moment at PAX. I had my camera on Jerry and Mike while this girl spoke, while one of our crew across the aisle had the camera on her as she spoke (I believe). After she finished, I was darn sure to get the hug on film. Aww.

As for the photos,
    YESH!!
    We want your photos! Depending on how many photos we get submitted to our Flickr pool, we may either just use the ones that are most evocative of the "attendee experience" for our DVD menus, or we will make a full-fledged photo album, or several depending on how many people contribute! I love photography, and if there's one regret that I have from PAX East, it was not having enough time to go around snapping photos since I was too busy filming! So I think I speak for everyone (especially myself!) when I say that we would be delighted to have your photos if you would like to drop them into our Flickr Pool!

papaprinny on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig1.jpg
  • woodoostickawoodoosticka Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hey daninspiredmedia. I believe you may of been standing next to me. If you were on the right hand side it would of been me. I was passing out PAX Community DVD cards before the concert and between sets. I am not very active on forums however I want to thank everyone that has assisted with making what the community DVD project is today, yes that even means the gamer that took a picture of someone eating food or just being who we are and sharing it with the community. The support we receive means so much to myself and the Unofficial PAX Community DVD crew.

I can not wait to see my PAX family in about a month, man it's been a long time, however it has only been 6 months. :P

woodoosticka on
    edited August 2010
    Well since Rob bumped the thread, I suppose I will too.

I've updated the OP with details on the status of the project as well as some video's we've released of some of our PAX East footage, including a couple I just uploaded within the last few hours. There will be more added as we near the release. Hopefully it will hold you guys over for now. Enjoy.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
This discussion has been closed.