As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40k] The future is the only war is tough in the dark

• Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hmm. Those new plastic Kans are awesome.

But I already have 2 painted Kans and 5 more unassembled kans...

I only have one dread though...

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Mooooore kanz! MORE! MOAR!

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Dayspring wrote: »

I've also been building more tactical marines. I totally stole this pose/conversion from someone on the internet, but it looks awesome so I don't care!
    TacWIP1.jpg

What is the metal hand pointing the finger from?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm really curious to see the rules for this little buggy. It's super tiny so it'll be easy to find cover for it as it zips around.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited February 2010
    It gets a 4+ cover save, no matter how far it moves, as long as you make "Vrooooom!" noises as you move it on the table

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Brainleech wrote: »
    What is the metal hand pointing the finger from?

Sgt Chronus

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Nax wrote: »
    It gets a 4+ cover save, no matter how far it moves, as long as you make "Vrooooom!" noises as you move it on the table

Me make a vroooom noise? I already built in a speaker and mp3 player to do that.

It also plays Beach Boys....

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Dayspring those are fucking beautiful!

Also, I can change the title, I don't care. I thought it was funny because I think Engrish is funny. If you can suggest something better do it.

Man, in this planetary empires campaign I've been saving my battle points up. I have 4 which i think is more than anyone else. I can use one battlepoint to buy back 250pts of my list or to grant ANY USR to ANY unit.

Infiltrating, fleeting Bjorn anybody? 2pts.

Tank Hunting Relentless Longfangs? 2pts

Furious Charging Fleeting Skyclaws? 1pt

List goes on...

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Sorry, I just couldn't tell it was Engrish until someone said something. I've seen the OP so many different times now I don't read it anymore :P

SJ on
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So I was on the phone with some one from my 40k club earlier tonight and was given the offer of a life time.

3 Old School land speeders (The old old metal kinds, with the open tops?) for 15 bucks. I quickly told him yes and will be snagging them early next week.

Once I strip, clean up, re-assemble, and fix these, I will have 5 speeders. One of the plastic ones I picked up today will be used in my Warhound build.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Somehow I think the guy on the other end of the line is on a different forum posting something about getting the deal of a lifetime, someone actually PAID $15 for 3 of his OLD badly painted landspeeders! :P

I need some landspeeders. I fielded one today in a practice game. It got destroyed by a Leman Russ Vanquisher on turn 1.

altmann on

signature.png
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hehe altmann. You're probably right. Most people don't have the patience to fix up the old models or strip stuff. We here at Penny Arcade subscribe to a different theory.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Oh and Dayspring if you're interested, I judged/was the ringer for the 2nd round of 'Ard Boyz at my store. I used that 2k list but just added two standard Land Raiders (one as a transport for the termies, one as a heavy support) with no upgrades to get to 2.5k.

If I hadn't been the judge/ringer, I would've qualified for finals :P

SJ on
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    the old school land raiders and rhinos bug me.

they're so small, my immediate suspicion is that the person is using them to get easy cover saves.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    1. The old land raiders are awesome, how dare you smear them

2. Altmann, that poor landspeeder.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    TheBanaTheBana Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Would it be possible to put my FLGS in the OP?

http://www.giftsforgeeks.org.uk

They sell everything at 20% or more off GW RRP and are awesome guys. Not sure about shipping costs as I go in store to pick up my stuff but the more money they make the higher chance that they'll stay in business and I'll have somewhere nice to play without mouth breathers.

That is all. <3

TheBana on
    Monster Hunter Tri - TheBana/FZVK6U; Skype - TheBana84;
  • Options
    AlphariusAlpharius Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So I'm booked to go to PAX east, and need to make some important luggage related decisions. Are any you folks coming to play 40k, and what points level is typical?

Alpharius on
    Check out my 40k blog: WarHamSandwich
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The old school speeders are awesome :P Sharp's, particularly :P

pre-heresy_world_eaters_6_20090302_1844087536.jpg

ZOOM! WORLD EATERS, ZOOM!

Nax on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    TheBana wrote: »
    Would it be possible to put my FLGS in the OP?

http://www.giftsforgeeks.org.uk

They sell everything at 20% or more off GW RRP and are awesome guys. Not sure about shipping costs as I go in store to pick up my stuff but the more money they make the higher chance that they'll stay in business and I'll have somewhere nice to play without mouth breathers.

I put them in. I felt that since Maelstrom has been taking shits on people's orders (according to the SA forums) we needed another UK store.

I actually think I have a metal landspeeder in my storage unit. Come to think of it this is what's in my storage unit:

Leman Russ
    Chimera
    Bjorn the Fell-handed
    Landspeeder.

Man i need to get in there.

altmann on

signature.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    altmann wrote: »

I actually think I have a metal landspeeder in my storage unit. Come to think of it this is what's in my storage unit:

Leman Russ
    Chimera
    Bjorn the Fell-handed
    Landspeeder.

Man i need to get in there

me too :P

Nax on
  • Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    New BA rumors look pretty cool - from the once over though I'm kinda sad that they did what I figured they'd do, heavy reliance on special characters to give your dudes special rules

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    SlapnutsSlapnuts Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So I'm kind of new to the game and have a fluff question. Are there any Space Marine chapters that are more likely to be called upon to serve the inquisition than others? I am going to being building a WH army and am trying to determine a fluffy color to paint my Black Reach marines in case I add them to the army at some point.

Slapnuts on
    There are some acts so ruthless, some deeds so unpalatable, that only the Vlka Fenryka are capable of undertaking them. It's what we were bred for. It's the way we were designed. Without qualm or sentiment, without hesitation or whimsy. We take pride in being the only Astartes who will never, under any circumstances, refuse to strike on the Allfather's behalf, no matter what the target, no matter what the cause.
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The old school speeders are awesome :P Sharp's, particularly :P

pre-heresy_world_eaters_6_20090302_1844087536.jpg

ZOOM! WORLD EATERS, ZOOM!

Hahah, man. That model is almost embarrassing now.

Such a long time ago... (that I painted it that is..)

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Shut up, Sharp, its awesome :P

@Slap: Crimson Fists are often called on by the Inquisition

Nax on
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Slapnuts wrote: »
    So I'm kind of new to the game and have a fluff question. Are there any Space Marine chapters that are more likely to be called upon to serve the inquisition than others? I am going to being building a WH army and am trying to determine a fluffy color to paint my Black Reach marines in case I add them to the army at some point.

Depending on the Inquisitor, you could be pulling from all over the place, calling in favors and whatnot. So you could even have several different chapters, but I would keep it to a chapter-a-squad, unless you're only doing one squad, in which case they would likely all be from different chapters.

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Could be a Deathwatch Kill Team, especially if you want to have an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor. Here you go, Slap: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Deathwatch

Nax on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mugginns wrote: »
    New BA rumors look pretty cool - from the once over though I'm kinda sad that they did what I figured they'd do, heavy reliance on special characters to give your dudes special rules

There was a lot of similar sentiment when wolves came out, albeit, the wolves don't have a dynamic USR that affects their units.

I think you'll find that forgoing heavy special characters and loading up on furious charging (possibly) regular troops is going to be a tough nut to crack for any army.

altmann on

signature.png
  • Options
    Captain ScurvyCaptain Scurvy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    altmann wrote: »
    mugginns wrote: »

There was a lot of similar sentiment when wolves came out, albeit, the wolves don't have a dynamic USR that affects their units.

I think you'll find that forgoing heavy special characters and loading up on furious charging (possibly) regular troops is going to be a tough nut to crack for any army.

i dont know altmann counter attack is a pretty sweet USR for an army. Also i tried out WotWW last night against a tyranofex.....mmmmmmm vaporized poof into the maw of the planet. I told u altmann all under control last night :)

Captain Scurvy on
    [Enter Witty Catch Phrase Here]
  • Options
    SlapnutsSlapnuts Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    @Nax - Love the Deathwatch idea. Could use some of my unused wolves for that too.

Thanks dudes.

Slapnuts on
    There are some acts so ruthless, some deeds so unpalatable, that only the Vlka Fenryka are capable of undertaking them. It's what we were bred for. It's the way we were designed. Without qualm or sentiment, without hesitation or whimsy. We take pride in being the only Astartes who will never, under any circumstances, refuse to strike on the Allfather's behalf, no matter what the target, no matter what the cause.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Grey Knights.... all you need to know.

Captain Scurvy on
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Is there anywhere online I could find the instructions to assemble a falcon? I got a partway assembled one through an ebay auction, and after seeing some of the other construction this guy tried, I don't have a whole lot of confidence that what I have was put together right, or that I have all the pieces. They glued in and painted over the clear plastic cover without putting the pilot in or anything, have greenstuff sticking out a bunch of places, and the bar that seems to go through and hold the main guns is close to snapping off on one side.

And I think that there's an extra one of the sprues he included with the weapons and things, I seem to have 2 of all of the swappable weapons.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Nah, not with a WH army.

Nax on
  • Options
    MagoMago SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010

The Red Hunters have close ties to the Inquisition. Also, they are included in Imperial Armour Volume 7 for some fluff and cool pictures.

Mago on
    Trying to paint stuff since 1995.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Gw's site used to have the instructions up but that was years ago
    I would say google but who knows what horrors you summon with Eldar falcon

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Nah, not with a WH army.

OHHH its a WH army, ok then, Deathwatch wouldnt fit either cause their ordo xenos. You know what might make sense, is a chapter with a high number of librarians because of their ability to detect pyskers. Dare i even mention the blood ravens, or something of their ilk.

Captain Scurvy on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hereticus would be closer to Xenos than Malleus, at least :P Well.. depending, I guess

Nax on
  • Options
    FandaFanda Hang a shining star upon the highest boughRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Mago wrote: »

The Red Hunters have close ties to the Inquisition. Also, they are included in Imperial Armour Volume 7 for some fluff and cool pictures.

That's a really good choice. Exorcists come to mind too, but they'd work better for a DH army. And there's always Mentor Legion.

Fanda on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    No! The Excorcists chapter is gaaaaaaaaay

Nax on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    No! The Excorcists chapter is gaaaaaaaaay

I agree with nax here, but seriously what about a chapter with high levels of librarians. It makes sense from a WH perspective youd want them there to help counter rouge psykers.

Captain Scurvy on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Could work... but, too many imperial organizations have a pretty hypocritical view of psykers. "My psykers are okay, but YOUR PSYKERS ARE WITCHES AND HERETICS!"

I don't really know how they'd get alone :P

Nax on
This discussion has been closed.