As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Zelda TP Thread: Bug Battles/Spoilers!

1171819202123»

• Options
    IllyriaIllyria __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Excuse me if this is a stupid question, but I just watched some videos for this game on YouTube and they were from the Wii version, and having the GC version myself I noticed something that isn't in the GC version as far as I can tell. I'm talking about the little fairy that flies around the screen and looks as if it is intended to be some kind of pointer or something for the Wiimote. It looks very much like Navi from OoT, but when I did a CTRL+F search in some FAQs at Gamefaqs most turned up nothing for "Navi" except for the occasional "navigate". So I was wondering, what is the function of this fairy in TP, does it have a point besides being a mouse/Wiimote pointer (i.e. does it affect the story/have a storyline of its own) and what is its name? Is it Navi or Tatl or Tael or a new fairy entirely?

Illyria on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] alley.jpg
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm not all the way through the game, but it just acts as a pointer so far (if it was going to have a story it would have started long ago; I think I only have 3 dungeons left).

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, there's no story to it, just a pointer.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    IllyriaIllyria __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    And it doesn't have a name either? It's just there, no introduction sequence or anything?

(Not that I think it should have, but I'd like to know in case it does have a name just because I like Navi, Tatl and especially Tael a lot.)

Illyria on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] alley.jpg
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It's a pointer, nothing more and nothing less. It can be turned off, though, that also removes the ability to aim with the Wiimote.

Magus` on
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Magus` wrote: »
    It's a pointer, nothing more and nothing less. It can be turned off, though, that also removes the ability to aim with the Wiimote.

I thought it only disabled the ability to choose where the weapon would be pointing when you pressed B? Once the weapon is drawn it should function as normal.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I seem to recall it making all the 'aiming' weapons revert to their WW/OoT style of aiming (with the D-Pad).

Magus` on