As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fifth Birthday PSP Thread

1222324252628»

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You should've bought 20k more copies of RGC 1 then. :P

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I would have if I was rich. Also that excuse is bullshit, they could have used the money they spent on Rizzoawd for RGC2. I doubt that sold thousands of copies. Who the fuck wanted a Wizard of Oz RPG anyway?
    It was me, I wanted it and I bought it.

Gilder on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Gonna get some use out of my Go pretty soon. Taking a trip to Florida and it'll be nice to just bring the go rather than juggle UMDs or DS Carts.

Which is a shame because there's a few DS games I'd like to work on but I'm so afraid I'd lose 'em mid-trip.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Got my copy of DJ Max 3 in. Yes, I might be kind of a geek for getting one of the only 5000 physical copies. But fuck if the games aren't fun.
    And now it's ripped to my memory stick so I have both the collector's case and all the benefits of the digital version. :)

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    yes but you're missing out on a third of the available games for the system

This is thrown often when talking about the Go, but I'm curious, how many of those 1/3 of the games are worth playing in the first place? Aren't the missing ones mostly shovelware? Honestly curious.

I know for sure the big missing ones are the Lumines games, Guitaroo man, and Kingdom Hearts. And trust me, as an owner of the Go I'm annoyed as anyone else would be about them.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Kyougu wrote: »

This is thrown often when talking about the Go, but I'm curious, how many of those 1/3 of the games are worth playing in the first place? Aren't the missing ones mostly shovelware? Honestly curious.

I know for sure the big missing ones are the Lumines games, Guitaroo man, and Kingdom Hearts. And trust me, as an owner of the Go I'm annoyed as anyone else would be about them.

For me personally, the big games that I would like to play on the Go that are not currently on it are:

Crisis Core
    Lumines
    Every Extend Extra
    Mega Man: Powered Up
    Popolocrois

and maybe a couple other Square-Enix titles like the Star Ocean remakes.

Other than those, everything I want for the PSP is on the PSN.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Gitaroo Man is actually available on PSN.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

even if it's just one game, that losing out on part of the library only being able to be played on the PSP itself

therefore making the PSP Go fucking pointless to get. period. end of story

the fact that it has some of the biggest games on the system as part of those missing third just make it worse

Rent on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Fuck you. Making me spend money today and all. :P

Seriously, that's awesome news. It wasn't there when I got my Go, and I hadn't heard of it being added. Buying that today for sure.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Fuck you. Making me spend money today and all. :P

Seriously, that's awesome news. It wasn't there when I got my Go, and I hadn't heard of it being added. Buying that today for sure.

It's definitely half of my "Duo of Favorite PSP Games", so much so that I'm tempted to trade/sell my UMD and re-buy it digitally.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    What region are you talking about, because Gitaroo Man is definitely not showing up on the US PSN for me?

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    What region are you talking about, because Gitaroo Man is definitely not showing up on the US PSN for me?

Now I know I've seen it on the store. I can't have been hallucinating...Hold on...

Edit: You're right. Apologies all. I could have sworn I saw it on the store last time I was browsing on my PSP, because at one point I was considering buying it.

Edit 2: I might be confusing it with another "G" game that I was going to re-buy digitally: Gurumin.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So uh, I've been gifted a copy of ClaDun: This Is An RPG. I'll be sure to post thoughts.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Ultra early impressions:

+ Pretty
    + Good music
    + Great dialogue
    We're adults now, that means 15 in game language!

-Roguelike(may be a +)
    -Combat is simple, but fun.

It plays a lot like Izuna, but it looks worlds better. Great spritework.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    We're adults now, that means 15 in game language!

That doesn't seem like "good" dialogue, that seems like intentionally lampshading dialogue that's supposed to mock game tropes as it uses them extensively

That shtick got old with Tales of Symphonia

Rent on
  • Options
    Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    Sorry to bump this old, old thread, but I was hoping for some advice.

A friend of mine sold me his old PSP 3000 along with his games (Tekken 5, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Capcom Classics, FF Tactics, and Sid Meier's Pirates). Pretty happy with this deal. Only two things to take care of before my PSP setup is perfect:

1. The screen's in good condition, but a bit smudged. Any good cleaning advice? Also, what's the best screen protector out there? I assume Hori?

2. Best and most cost effective memory card?

• Options
    SciJoSciJo Registered User regular
    Couldn't tell you anything about screen protectors. As for cleaning the screen using a glasses cleaning cloth is usually all you need to use. If it's really dirty you can use a cleaning agent meant for glass, being very careful not to have any of it go into any of the openings on the system. Here's a snippet of advice regarding that.
    The recommended method is to take a dust free microfiber SOFT cloth (not your PSP cloth) and apply the windex to the cloth first. Use small amounts of windex so that it does not drip off the cloth. Do not rub hard. Use gentle circular swipes. Do not go in a straight back and forth motion. Once you have gotten the gunk off your screen, wipe it clean with a part of the cloth that does not have solution on it.

As for a memory card your best bet is to head online and compare prices. The main brands for those types of cards are Lexar, SanDisk, and Sony. Either one as long is it's specifically a Memory Stick Pro Duo will work on your PSP. After that it's all about finding the most space for the lowest price.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I'm kind of out of the loop. When is Chrono Trigger supposed to be released for PSP? Its not out yet, right?

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    It was rated back in April for PS3/PSP, but then the whole outage thing went down. Squeenix usually gets their games rated early and then have them held off for a bit, which I imagine they were planning on, but since it's been a while now hopefully they'll put it out soon.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    422165_3334460124898_1370419557_3229117_319198365_n.jpg

Huh, looks like I've got some discoloration on the back rubber pads of my PSP Go. Wonder how that happened. My best guess would be the heat of the system.

FU7kFbw.png