As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Looking to find people to hang out with at show

ninja_bladeninja_blade Registered User regular
edited February 2010 in PAX Archive
sup! I was going to attend the show with my best friend but life kicked in, and he got married...then joined the army, so im out a buddy.
The friends I do have left aren't as hardcore into videogames like me (plus I already got em going with me to comic con) and was wondering if I can get a group going?

If you are coming before the show we all could hang out eat somewhere

or if anyone is already meeting up

I live in Boston, and im 26 yrs.

karate here. [taps his head] Karate here. [taps his heart] Karate never here. [points to his belt] Understand?
ninja_blade on

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    ninja_blade, pub crawl. Pub crawl, ninja_blade.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    oh isee thanks

ninja_blade on
    karate here. [taps his head] Karate here. [taps his heart] Karate never here. [points to his belt] Understand?
  • Options
    ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    sup! I was going to attend the show with my best friend but life kicked in, and he got married...then joined the army, so im out a buddy.
    The friends I do have left aren't as hardcore into videogames like me (plus I already got em going with me to comic con) and was wondering if I can get a group going?

If you are coming before the show we all could hang out eat somewhere

or if anyone is already meeting up

I live in Boston, and im 26 yrs.

On a side note, Im coming into boston the 22nd of March, and am always down to hang out with random people.

ZeroHourHero on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    yeah, man that's cool

I wonder if there's a better thread for this?

ninja_blade on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Event wise there's the MMT and the Dinner as well, and the Twitter thread will have info about gatherings.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Plus you can get to know people here on the forums or go into the IRC: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=89104

Tons of ways to meet people.

Rdr on
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Really the entire point of PAX (to me at least) is social experiences with fellow gamers. Social gameplay (DS, PC and console freeplay, tabletop freeplay, various tournaments) are only a small part of it. You don't so much come to PAX to play games, which many of us can do just fine at home; you come to PAX to experience games and gaming culture in a richly social context.

Or to put it another way: you know that social shell all gamers have to develop to fit into normal society, where you hide your interests and do your best to blend in and be normal? Leave that shell at home -- or at least leave it at the convention center doors. Maybe info desk can hold onto it for you. :-) At PAX you're among friends.

It's OK to be socially tentative at first. Everyone is. You will eventually let yourself open up and be yourself, and you will discover as many of your THOUSANDS of new friends as you let yourself discover.

(At least this is my answer to people who are afraid of coming to PAX and being alone. Maybe that wasn't what you were trying to ask about.)

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Also, look around at the other subforums and start posting. They all have their own identities and they all have get togethers at PAX.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    thanks for all the help

ninja_blade on
This discussion has been closed.