As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PrePAX Gaming night at the Sheraton

• Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I may or may not be able to make it down for Wednesday night, and I'm signed up for the Pokecrawl on Thursday, but I'll be sure to mention it to the folks who show up in Lexington for gaming tonight. I'll have a better idea about Wednesday the week of. I can bring down boardgames of all flavors (Catan, Robo Rally, Puerto Rico, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Ticket to Ride, etc.) . . .

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    atiariatiari Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Khadour wrote: »
    I may or may not be able to make it down for Wednesday night, and I'm signed up for the Pokecrawl on Thursday, but I'll be sure to mention it to the folks who show up in Lexington for gaming tonight. I'll have a better idea about Wednesday the week of. I can bring down boardgames of all flavors (Catan, Robo Rally, Puerto Rico, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Ticket to Ride, etc.) . . .

I wouldn't go too crazy by bringing a half dozen games down to the lobby. I'm not even sure about table space yet. Unless you are familiar with the lobby and can gize us an idea of how much room we'll have to work with.

atiari on
  • Options
    Bad MojoBad Mojo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I would like to participate for the Thursday events. I have some old MTG decks that I can easily bring, but would like to play a round of Catan. Something I have not done, but have been interested in.

Bad Mojo on
  • Options
    capnjackcapnjack Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'll be there Thursday at the Sheraton. I have Last Night on Earth, Munchkin, Apples to Apples, and my buddy has Bell-Bottomed Badasses and Munchkin Cthulu (if anyone wants to play those let me know and I'll pass the message along).

capnjack on
    Q: "You are in the garden. You see a rose bush. You have a fishing rod. Exits are North, South and IN."
    A: "What do you want from me?!?!?"
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm so glad this is taking off. Honestly, I think it would be cool if we established the lobby (or a better locale, if we can find one) as the forum tabletop area for afterhours games, and during PAX if the tabletop freeplay area is too crowded.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Everything really hinges on how much table space the Sheraton has. If there isn't much, there's going to be a lot of disappointed people.

atiari on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Not a shameless bump I swear! I made a Twitter post at the hashtag in the original post in this thread. As it says I'll be without net for a few days till I get to the Sheraton itself (I think). As soon as I get into the hotel and size up the space, I'll post the times and whatnot in that very hashtag.

atiari on
  • Options
    RicinRicin Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I just shipped my copy of Catan and Power Grid to the hotel and it kills me that shipping the games and clothes costs less than having my luggage checked.

Ricin

Ricin on
  • Options
    matlock790matlock790 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I will be here Wed and Thurs, so you can count me in. would love to play mtg, catan, whatever...

matlock790 on
  • Options
    Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm going to be showing up around 8pm if my flight goes according to plan, so I'll probably dive through a window into the lobby and just watch. I'm no good at card games. Or anything involving strategy for that matter.

Pablo the Penguin on
  • Options
    ladyinsanityladyinsanity Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    I'm not good at tabletop games but I'm hoping to drop in on some Settlers games :) I get there Thursday. Want to play with real people and not just the ones on XBL heh.

ladyinsanity on
    twitter.com/ladyinsanity
  • Options
    IsstasiIsstasi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Going to show up thursday afternoon, settlers of catan and bananagrams in tow, besides just a quick look around the lobby is there any good way to keep up with this group?

Isstasi on
  • Options
    GHoooSTSGHoooSTS Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So we're at the Sheraton. Hit me up with a PM if you want to hook up for some pre-Pax gaming. Is anybody going to be in the lobby of the Sheridan tomorry?

GHoooSTS on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    You might also want to try this thread, for people who aren't following this one.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    WebPillarWebPillar Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    hey, just wanted to give a quick heads up that I am hoping to head over tonight. I am bringing a couple MTG decks (and old school star wars ccg...) I don't really remember all the rules for either, but I would love to get a couple games in if anyone is down.

WebPillar on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    First tweet is up.

Table space is very limited so we'll need to use first-come, first-served for table space. I also highly encourage people to rotate in and out to allow everyone to get some gaming in. Still shooting for around 6pm, but keep an eye on my Twitter to find out when I'll be getting things going.

atiari on
  • Options
    baelionbaelion Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i'm gonna go and grab some food then join you guys. where in the lobby are you?

baelion on
    Masters Degree Student: PLEASE TALK TO ME ABOUT NERDCORE
    Twitter
    Lord help me, I chose !Squirtle
    munkeefish.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ignore that. i'll come looking for you before i go to devour american foodstuffs.

baelion on
    Twitter
    munkeefish.png
  • Options
    itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    What time are you guys starting Thursday, or is it more of an all day thing?

itzerokewl on
    signature.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    itzerokewl wrote: »
    What time are you guys starting Thursday, or is it more of an all day thing?

Similar time.

atiari on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'll tweet when I'm headed to the Lobby. I'll have a whole carry-on of Magic stuff with me, so as long as you understand the basic rules, I can probably supply you some cards if needbe.

atiari on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'll be there, but a bit late... I have to get some food before I go or I'll collapse. =) I'll be in by 8, bearing Magic cards! =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    dardordardor Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Cool, I may just join you guys over there sometime that night =) Is there anyone who I can contact just to make sure that this is going down? Texting is fine with me. (Calling is an issue until 9 PM or after just until tomorrow is over...I'm over my minutes lol) Give me a PM, thanks!

If I do show up, I'll have my Magic cards as well as the 5 pre-constructed Planechase decks if people want to have some ready-to-go multiplayer fun. I also have Tichu and Rook, probably won't bring Puerto Rico, it's a big box and takes time to teach.

dardor on
    I'll take a potato chip and eat it!
  • Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    How's day 1 of the Sheraton Event? Unfortunately, I won't be getting in 'til late tomorrow... hopefully I can meet up with you guys ;)

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Lesson learned #1 from my first PAX already is that the fun actually starts on Thursday night, it seems. Wish I could be there for an extra night of gaming!

Gundabad on
  • Options
    ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If you read this: Im on my way.

Tell matlock to text me if you guys move in the mean time.

ZeroHourHero on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    tonight was awesome, shame i'll miss tomorrow.
    at least it'll be for epic reasons!

baelion on
    Twitter
    munkeefish.png
  • Options
    SpYkMoSpYkMo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    is tomorow still happening? i want to try to get into the Sony move demo, but i dont know if i can. if i cant, or i decide to not even try, i'd love to come play some Mtg. I played some tonight and killed it!

SpYkMo on
  • Options
    TheM1ghtyQu1nnTheM1ghtyQu1nn Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Well I will be arriving around 1:30 pm Thursday and am definitely down for some pre pax magic I have a room at the Sheraton so I will be around.

TheM1ghtyQu1nn on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Was nice meeting those from tonight, looking forward to tommorrow night.

atiari on
  • Options
    d3c0yd3c0y Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sorry for jumping to the last post... but I'm packing and need to go to sleep soon. Whats the address to the Sheraton? I'll be staying at a nearby hostel but would love to meet up with people to play Magic the Gathering. I'll be bringing a bunch of my old cards/decks/rare binder to play/trade with people. My decks are all outdated (I quit around Alara Reborn) so I desperately need to trade with people to make a new t2 deck for pax.

Plus, people have to teach me the new "dumbed down" rules and mechanics.

Also, think it's possible to do a draft? Maybe buy a box and split the cost with a couple people. I'm sure theres a store nearby that'll sell it fairly cheap.

d3c0y on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    d3c0y wrote: »
    Sorry for jumping to the last post... but I'm packing and need to go to sleep soon. Whats the address to the Sheraton? I'll be staying at a nearby hostel but would love to meet up with people to play Magic the Gathering. I'll be bringing a bunch of my old cards/decks/rare binder to play/trade with people. My decks are all outdated (I quit around Alara Reborn) so I desperately need to trade with people to make a new t2 deck for pax.

Plus, people have to teach me the new "dumbed down" rules and mechanics.

Also, think it's possible to do a draft? Maybe buy a box and split the cost with a couple people. I'm sure theres a store nearby that'll sell it fairly cheap.

We're directly connected to the Hynes Convention Center and the Prudential Center. It's on Daltan St, near the corner of Boylston St.

As far as a draft, I suggested it many times earlier in this post and no one bit. You can try asking when everyone shows up tommorrow as there are some card stores pretty near the show.

atiari on
  • Options
    d3c0yd3c0y Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    can someone PM me their number if they know for a fact they'll be playing mtg tomorrow night? I'm gonna try to get into the playstation event tomorrow but if I cant, I wanna be able to call someone up to find out where everyone is.

d3c0y on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    d3c0y wrote: »
    can someone PM me their number if they know for a fact they'll be playing mtg tomorrow night? I'm gonna try to get into the playstation event tomorrow but if I cant, I wanna be able to call someone up to find out where everyone is.

Just show up in the lobby once my twitter says that we're up and running.

atiari on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    1 quick, SUPER IMPORTANT NOTE!

One of the early players from yesterday loaned us a 20 sided die since we had too may players and not enough life counters. I have the 20 sided die, and will have it on me when we start up tonight. I'm so sorry I can't remember your name exactly right, but I'll remember you when I see you. Catch me when we get going tonight to reclaim it.

atiari on
  • Options
    philbertdephilbertde Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    When are folks planning on starting tonight? I wouldn't mind snaking in a game or two before ye olde pokecrawl starts.

philbertde on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    shooting for 6pm, and likely making it a late night. We wrapped up last night around midnight, but I can see us going later tonight if there are enough people. We will also spread out to the lounge if needed, as most of those tables were very empty.

atiari on
  • Options
    Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    All right, my flight to Boston from Toronto leaves soon. I'm going to be there in a couple of hours.

Pablo the Penguin on
  • Options
    SpYkMoSpYkMo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey I'm in the lobby now, big guy black shirt, got my pax badge on. Sitting by a tv to the left of the main desk
    Tommy

SpYkMo on
  • Options
    n8doggn8dogg Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Myself and 3 friends will be getting in at 7:30 tonight. We brought Munchkin, Pokemon cards and a local Boston area TCG called Hull Breach. We were thinking about hitting a bar bt we'll stop by the Sheraton to see what's up (we're staying at the Cambridge Marriott). My name is Nate and you can send me an email at n8burba@gmail.com or give me a call/text at 856-986-1800.

n8dogg on
    n8dogg74.gif
This discussion has been closed.