As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 4E PbP] Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC (The Curse was MAN! What a TWEEST!)

• firemanfredfiremanfred Registered User regular
    Someday I'll get to go to a PAX convention. It would no doubt be amazing.

tepvoy5.png
    Spaceships are better than relationships
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    On that note, will anybody from this game be there other than me?

• SnowSquallSnowSquall Registered User regular
    I won't be but, like Firemanfred, I hope to get to one someday.

Quinnten, Human Sorceror [Giant Ants]
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    Post up! And to those going to PAX, we salute you (and enjoy yourselves)!

Are we on hold until Reg gets back from PAX or should we roll initiative for Canary and move along?

tepvoy5.png
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    ....I don't see a post? :o

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Sorry guys, looks like I just missed it outright.

I won't be able to make rolls after tonight since it will be all mobile posting, and I don't really want to deal with the hassle that is.

No biggie! Do you want one of us to play for you in the meantime then?

tepvoy5.png
    Probably a good idea. May poke my head in here to make suggestions though.

Bring me back a deck of those sweet Ping Pong Warrior cards. :D

tepvoy5.png
    Rysk! Get me some LoL Skin codes while you're there! Sivir and Nasus preference, please. :D

Also, we shall make you hypnotise the skeletons into caressing you, seeing as you can't turn them like a cleric.

ew9y0DD.png
    I have a better idea: Come play Heroes of Newerth with me since it's now free 2 play, jerk!

Fine, I'll get you some stupid skin codes.

RIGHT! Here is my tentative plan. PICK IT APART IF YOU LIKE.

We're going to fight on the right hand side. Get off a ranged attack, then hide behind the pillars at O/N19 and J/I19, to force them to move in on us. When they move in, I'll group them up with Grasping Winds, then we can AoE AoE AoE. Sound hot?

ew9y0DD.png
    The skeletal archers would still be a bit of a problem, but otherwise the plan sounds pretty good especially since everything right now is a little too spread out.

I'll happily come join you guys if I dont get surrounded.

tepvoy5.png
    I think you should be able to block LoS to all the archers, and force the melee skeletons to come in okay. You don't need to break LoS on the melee skellies, just be out of their charge range. (10-12 squares should be good, I think.)

ew9y0DD.png
    Kay, I have a Sivir skin for you.

I heard it's lame.

Because it's in LoL.

I am good with the plan where Canary doesn't get attacked at all and helps you guys kill everything.

• Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Why a double post?

Z0re on
    This sounds like a good plan. Jiyup is very much in favor of any plan that doesn't involve getting stabbed/shot multiple times.

Just checking in here, I'm anticipating things will slow down as we head into the holiday weekend. I'm not going anywhere, but have family coming into town. I don't anticipate posting issues.

tepvoy5.png
    I smacked someone on my turn! It was good.

ew9y0DD.png
    Sorry folks. Had another busy week. So post incoming this weekend.

OK some good news, and some bad news people.

Good News: Unfortunately, due to crunch time in the office, I had to work this weekend as well as this coming week (till Thursday), so I'm afraid I'll only be able to update on Thursday afternoon.

Now for the Bad: Well, it depends on how much work we are able to finish. If we're dragging behind schedule, I might have have to reduce my free time on the internet, in order to focus on the work. As such, I may have to drop one of my PBP games I'm DMing (I'm only playing in one, so I won't drop that game). So, pray that we'll finish in time by Thursday. Otherwise I'll have no choice but to cancel one of my games.

Just posting a heads-Up basically. Unlike some DMs that just up and disappear.

Wish us luck.

No problems here! Good luck!

ew9y0DD.png
    Good luck, being in crunch time like that is no fun!

tepvoy5.png
    OK!

So, after nearly 2 (3?) weeks of hiatus, I bring you guy a post. Also, because of my new busy schedule, I've decided to drop my Council of Thieves game instead of this one, mostly because this has been my longest running game so far, and that we're close to finishing Act 1.

Hope I wasn't too much of an inconvenience. Real life can do that to you, y'know...

Anywhoo, on with the show.

edited September 2011
    Damn doubleposts...

TiamatZ on
    Canary is SUPER out of position...

What should she be doing Adran?

If you have an immobilise or slow, using that on the Offlian thing and moving someplace around J19 or so, to stay out of the Offlian's reach could work. But only if you can immobilise it. Alternately, pushing the skeletons Q13 and P14 as close to the rest of the pack could also help, then you could move in on opposite side of the pillar from the Offlian. Bear in mind that the only thing that's going to take a turn before Mag and I is the Offlian, so as long as you stay away from that thing, you should be fine. Some control on it to make sure Adran can wade into the thick of things on his next turn would be awesome, though.

I'll try and figure out if I can get to around H12 or so and group as many of them up.

ew9y0DD.png
    Maze of Mirrors coming up...eventually.

edited September 2011
    REG Rysk on
    Good news and bad news. Bad news is that what a horrible waste of a crit but the good news is that something else is dead, er, again...permanently, this time...I hope.

I just wish I had rolled one higher or lower so I could have popped both of them and gained +1 AC for the turn.

Perils of relying on the powers of chaos I suppose.

Well, I just had to come in and put a damper on the awesome. I was all ready to come out and be like Take That Undead Scum!

tepvoy5.png
    edited September 2011
    the forums hate me today.

firemanfred on
    tepvoy5.png
    Sooooo.

Advent could, conceivably, charge the two skeletons at Q13/P14 and tie them up (move to J17, charge to O14, shift to P13), while I go for the dudes at the bottom. If I have an Action Point, I could use it to pull all the dudes except the one at H8 around me for stickyness, though without an action point I could get everything but H8 and G11, leaving me an AP for later. This means that most of them would be grouped up for AoE attacks, and only 1 or 2 skeletons would be unaccounted for, while Canary, Jiyup and Sevren can move a fair distance away from the Offlian (and maybe spread out) so that he can only go for one of them.

Thoughts?

ew9y0DD.png
    Paging Adventfalls!

ew9y0DD.png
    Long time no...stuff.

Anyway, I'll be out from Monday through the following Monday (Oct 17th).

See you guys then.

Note: You can use my daily orb power to extend the immobilize on the skele-snake if you want. Effective controller is effective!

Cool, have fun Reg! Hopefully tasty updates will be waiting for you when you get back.

tepvoy5.png