As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E PbP] Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC (The Curse was MAN! What a TWEEST!)

• Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    SnowSquall wrote: »
    Critical Failure...

Should have known with my luck. Especially with the damage roll and the other bonuses, if I would have hit it would have been for close to 30 damage. At least I saved out of the ongoing damage.

Edit: Wait a second. I could use a Harrow Point to reroll the attack? The attack uses Dexterity so if I'm reading that right, I think that would be affected.
    Dexterity Rerolls: Spend a Harrow Point as a free action to reroll any one d20 roll modified by your Dexterity bonus. You must keep the new result, unless you have additional Harrow Points to spend for more rerolls.

Yup, you can spend a harrow point if the attack uses Dexterity. Just say that you spent a HP after your last roll, then take the new result.

E.g.:

Roll 1: Critical Failure
    Free Action: Harrow Point (reroll my attack)
    Roll 2: New result

Edit: I'll postpone and wait on Ash's turn till Squall decided if he's gonna spend a Harrow point or not...

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    SnowSquallSnowSquall Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I spent one, and editted in the change to my post. I think it was worth it, Ash has a pretty big damage roll and haven't really done much damage yet.

SnowSquall on
    Quinnten, Human Sorceror [Giant Ants]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ash is now on 10/64.

Hopefully Vashrun can finish him off...

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    firemanfredfiremanfred Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I feel like we corned a hairy Hulk in the street and if he doesn't go down before his turn he's going to rip up a paving tile and smash it on someone.

Oh yeah...there's also this dude named Yargin who is hopefully still distracted/freaked out by Bob.

firemanfred on
    tepvoy5.png
    Spaceships are better than relationships
  • Options
    bladecruiserbladecruiser Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Woot, one down, and the dwarf has a bit more damage on him.

bladecruiser on
  • Options
    CanticleCanticle Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey, it looks like you're making use of some of my conversion material from LLK, TiamatZ (the Harrow Point stuff, at least). Very cool. I spend a lot of time lurking here, but just noticed that there was a PbP CotCT game running. I'll be stopping in every once in a while to see how it unfolds. Cheers, and best of luck with the game!

- Scott

Canticle on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Canticle wrote: »
    Hey, it looks like you're making use of some of my conversion material from LLK, TiamatZ (the Harrow Point stuff, at least). Very cool. I spend a lot of time lurking here, but just noticed that there was a PbP CotCT game running. I'll be stopping in every once in a while to see how it unfolds. Cheers, and best of luck with the game!

- Scott

Yup, I've pretty much used the same material of that blog of yours, though I'm currently adding some slight modifications of my own to the Act (Edge of Anarchy).

But I've read your conversion so far, and it's excellent.

Keep up the good work!:^:

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Looks like Bob could use a heal there, fireman!

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    Banana-ManBanana-Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Goddamn Tiamat, I'm convinced you sold your soul for your rolls.

Gentlemen, it looks like I may be toasty soon. Bob will sit there and contemplate his mortality.

Banana-Man on
    :shock:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm going to shadow jaunt down off the roof so that I'm adjacent to Bob and Yargin, heal Bob, then hopefully blast Yargin back another square with some thunder. If that all goes according to plan I will be amazed.

And it was so cozy up on that roof...

firemanfred on
    tepvoy5.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Vashrun's gonna try and box in the dwarf so he can't get away. Time to see if my rolls cooperate this time as well as they did last time.

Edit - Durnan will have an opportunity attack against Vashrun for his movement.

bladecruiser on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Edit - Durnan will have an opportunity attack against Vashrun for his movement.

Will do that once Vashrun does his move.
    REG Rysk wrote: »

No more ongoing acid, but I am now down to 7/20, you forgot to dock me on my last turn.

Fixed that in the last round.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Can he make an opportunity attack with the crossbow? Or is he gonna punchisize his face? For free!

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Since his crossbow's a range basic attack, and he hasn't drawn out his melee weapon yet... a punchisize his face it is!

Also for Banana, Sevren healed you for 11 (8+3) HP, so you are now on 11/33, but your also prone.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Woot! Rolled maximum damage!

bladecruiser on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Not a punch to the face really, but it'll have to do...

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Just letting you guys know - I had a crap ton of work show up for me, so if I do post today, it'll be pretty late at night, or possibly early tomorrow morning. Sorry about the inconvenience, but this is the brand of work that I can't put off. :( Apologies!

Banana-Man on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It's alright Banana, we'll wait up for your turn.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Alright, I got everything logged into SPSS. Crisis adverted.

So I'll take my turn now - I'm thinking about just standing up and tossing a crossbow bolt at Yargin out of spite since I can't move really.

Any thoughts for the DnD noob?

Banana-Man on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Move: Stand up, Standard: Use your second wind to heal and buff your defenses for a turn?

Your other alternative is to use your move action to stand up, then your standard action to charge Yargin.

(Should I shut up because I'm not playing? I'm still following the game, and enjoying it a lot!)

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Kay wrote: »
    Move: Stand up, Standard: Use your second wind to heal and buff your defenses for a turn?

Your other alternative is to use your move action to stand up, then your standard action to charge Yargin.

(Should I shut up because I'm not playing? I'm still following the game, and enjoying it a lot!)

I had no idea you could do that. I thought using a Charge encompassed both your move and your action?

I need to review some things really quick.

Banana-Man on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Nope, charge is only a standard action, not a standard and move. It only lets you do a melee basic attack though, so unless your character has a decent strength score (or has an ability that may be used in place of a melee basic attack), it's not that great. But for fighters and other such "smashy" classes, it's a good way to get back into the middle of the fight.

bladecruiser on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Nope, charge is only a standard action, not a standard and move. It only lets you do a melee basic attack though, so unless your character has a decent strength score, it's not that great. But for fighters and other such "smashy" classes, it's a good way to get back into the middle of the fight.

Awesome, well I got my move set up then. Thanks!

EDIT: Wait, he's in B3. That's too close to get an effective charge without triggering an attack due to moving without shifting in his attack range. I gotta move at least 2.

EDIT THE SECOND : Alright, it may not have been the best tactical move ever and honestly was a little rushed due to time constraints over on my end, but it's better than just letting the thread sit there.

Go Vash go!

Banana-Man on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Just a heads-up for future reference Banana...

It would cost you two Minor Actions to sheathe/holster your currently held items (Axe and Shield), or two free actions to drop them.

Then it would cost you an additional minor action to draw your crossbow (though it's considered a free action to load it).

But since you missed your target I'm willing to slide it... for now.

Update coming soon

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Taking my turn now. Durnan's out of the fight, and Vashrun has 5 hp left. Whew. Things got pretty dicey there for a second, but we got it back in control now I think. =D

bladecruiser on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    TiamatZ wrote: »
    Just a heads-up for future reference Banana...

It would cost you two Minor Actions to sheathe/holster your currently held items (Axe and Shield), or two free actions to drop them.

Then it would cost you an additional minor action to draw your crossbow (though it's considered a free action to load it).

But since you missed your target I'm willing to slide it... for now.

Update coming soon

Noted.

EDIT PS: As per usual, I will not be able to get to a computer today until at least four or five central as I got a class of 5th grade girls showing up to the lab today. I'm going to be playing teacher for a good chunk of today, so if my posts are a bit late, I apologize.

I'm going to go teach them SCIENCE! woo.

Banana-Man on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    6 health left to go, and three people to go through. I think we have this. Just remember to go for non-lethal damage so we don't kill him, or we try to get him to surrender through an intimidate check, I think.

SnowSquall on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm going to intimidate him into surrendering...or try to. Intimidate vs Will right?

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hehe intimidate fail....

Maybe Bob can come over and intimidate/knock some sense into him.

firemanfred on
    tepvoy5.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Guys - if I ever want to go to Vegas, for the love of God stop me.

Banana-Man on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Looks like it's a stand-off!

The SUSPENSE!

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Whew, lucky a bit. Hope that does it.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    And Yargin surrendered!

Huzzah!

XP for everyone!

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Nice an exciting end to that confrontation!

If we think its safe enough we should just get the info we need here in the street and restrain this guy so he doesn't have a chance to send word ahead. No one has shown up yet after all the fighting so hopefully we at least have enough time to take care of that.

Also, I'm still out of town but ought to be able to post tonight sometime.

firemanfred on
    tepvoy5.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Canary is all over that vial of acid. She is an alchemist anyways! Objections?

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Canary is all over that vial of acid. She is an alchemist anyways! Objections?

Nah, that's a great idea Reg. Those things seem pretty potent, so it might be a good idea to save it for tight spot.

Banana-Man on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    That's the aim. Plus, I don't want to acid-ize you guys. Those things are nasty.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Absolutely those things hurt. I'm honestly surprised we didn't wind up looking like this -
    439full.jpg

Banana-Man on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    OK, so you caught Yargin.

Any other question to ask him before you finally decide what to do with him?

So far we've got (and answered):

- Where is Gaedren ?
    - Who works for Gaeren ?

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I don't think I have any more questions as Rothril. He found out some intel on what they would be facing, and a possibly backdoor to the place.

As an aside, I'm going to be gone for close to a week starting next Wednesday, the 31st. I may have internet access but I'm not completely sure on that. So if push comes to shove, someone can take control of Rothril for that time.

SnowSquall on