As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xbox 360 Hard Drive Reformat and ...

h8b1llg8tsh8b1llg8ts Registered User regular
I just recently bought a used Halo 3 Edition Xbox 360 and the previous owners information was on it. So I reformatted the hard drive and it now shows only 13.9GB available for the hard drive for a 20GB hard drive.

Also, my original 360 was a day one release so I have always been using the Mad Cats HDMI kit. So with the HDMI now available it seems I can not run both HDMI and the digital audio output because the Xbox AV cord is to large and won't allow me to run both.

Suggestions would be really helpful.

Coolest Guy I Know
h8b1llg8ts.gif
sig.gif
MAX: Liz I really, really wish that this could be something, you know, more. But it can't. We're just...

LIZ: Different.

VOICE-OVER: It's September 24th, I'm Liz Parker and five days ago I died. But then the really amazing thing happened. I came to life.
h8b1llg8ts on

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    About 6GB or so of 360 HDD's is usually reserved for system caching and patch storage etc.

No idea on your second question since I still use VGA.

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    h8b1llg8tsh8b1llg8ts Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ok thanx. I knew it would use some memory for the system but 6GB seemed like quite a bit ...

h8b1llg8ts on
    Coolest Guy I Know
    h8b1llg8ts.gif
    sig.gif
    MAX: Liz I really, really wish that this could be something, you know, more. But it can't. We're just...

LIZ: Different.

VOICE-OVER: It's September 24th, I'm Liz Parker and five days ago I died. But then the really amazing thing happened. I came to life.
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    To use HDMI and the toslink connector for audio you need the dongle seen here.

No clue if you can buy it separately. Mine came with my Elite way back when.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    donhonk on
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Two gigs of the memory on the Xbox 360's HDD is used for original Xbox game emulation, and the remaining memory is used for caching, game updates, and the Dashboard/OS.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz