As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New New Avengers

• Options
    Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Wildcat wrote: »
    I'm disappointed at Sentry's package, personally.

hah, i was going to post this. He's no captain marvel that's for sure.

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Wildcat wrote: »
    I'm disappointed at Sentry's package, personally.

hah, i was going to post this. He's no captain marvel that's for sure.

Oh he's a Captain Marvel...just, one of the female ones.

mattharvest on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    So what exactly was exorcized out of Maya?

Hand Juju.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    How is making Xorn a Skrull any worse than what was done before? Bendis didn't make that mess - Chuck Austen did, this is as good a way as any to clean it up.

Although I doubt they will do this.
    Because the whole Xorn mess is Bad Memories. That's why. Bad Memories that don't need Skrulls involved at all.

that's perfect

How to make Xorn even more confusing? Add Skrulls!

Algertman on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    übergeek wrote: »
    I'd like to point out that assuming that Tony's head is in the helmet, even from the grave his arm is reaching out of the rubble to grab her ass.

Well She-Hulk's elsewhere so he'll take what he can get.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    SonosSonos Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I am sure this is mired somewhere in the last few hundred pages but Cage's baby is:
    Elecktra now?

And I was a bit confruzed with my boy Strange. After he got his astral form worked out everything is hunky dory and he can just pull out the sword and be okay?

Sonos on
    Sonovius.png
    PokeCode: 3952 3495 1748
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I've got a nitpick, and I don't know where else to put it. A lot of Marvel's heroes hate the Punisher because he kills people, among other things. But Danny is cool with snapping HYDRA goon necks, knocking them off high-rise buildings and working with Orson, who shoots HYDRA goons with lightning from God and .45 slugs. Luke punches people hard enough to cave their skulls in, snaps necks and what have you... Misty and Coleen waste fools all over the place.... Maybe Matt doesn't realize what he writing, or doesn't know how some characters have been potrayed?
    I think it's more that he's a psychopathic serial killer who has murdered around a thousand people in the course of his "war".

(The thousand people kill count is admittedly from Punisher MAX but you get my drift, yes?)

RE that MA cover: Oh dear. Oh dear. This can't end in anything other than stupid.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    I've got a nitpick, and I don't know where else to put it. A lot of Marvel's heroes hate the Punisher because he kills people, among other things. But Danny is cool with snapping HYDRA goon necks, knocking them off high-rise buildings and working with Orson, who shoots HYDRA goons with lightning from God and .45 slugs. Luke punches people hard enough to cave their skulls in, snaps necks and what have you... Misty and Coleen waste fools all over the place.... Maybe Matt doesn't realize what he writing, or doesn't know how some characters have been potrayed?
    I think it's more that he's a psychopathic serial killer who has murdered around a thousand people in the course of his "war".

(The thousand people kill count is admittedly from Punisher MAX but you get my drift, yes?)

RE that MA cover: Oh dear. Oh dear. This can't end in anything other than stupid.
    Uh....yes it can. Bendis has said that the symbiotes are all part of his master plan with the Skrulls and The Hood etc.

The dude knows what he's doing and I trust him to write a good story.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    blankspace wrote: »
    Uh....yes it can. Bendis has said that the symbiotes are all part of his master plan with the Skrulls and The Hood etc.

The dude knows what he's doing and I trust him to write a good story.
    I just can't imagine Symbiotes being a credible threat to folk like the Sentry, Ms Marvel or Ares. It's like...what? These guys throw buildings around. Venom is what, about half again of Spider-man?

I dunno. If it's just me I'll shut up, but unless they're funky super-symbiotes, they should just be roadkill against the Mighty Avengers.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Speaking of Spidey, what's he doing? Isn't he on that whole mission to get May's killer, while doing depressing inner monologue on how he's gonna kill people? What's he doing going to Japan and making jokes?

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    Speaking of Spidey, what's he doing? Isn't he on that whole mission to get May's killer, while doing depressing inner monologue on how he's gonna kill people? What's he doing going to Japan and making jokes?
    Bendis has said that while Spidey is being appropriately depressed in ASM, in New Avengers he's with his friends and kinda second-family so he feels that he can joke around again and still be funny.

and remember, joking his how Peter deals with things, so if he's cracking a joke chances are something's bugging him.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Bendis has said that while Spidey is being appropriately depressed in ASM, in New Avengers he's with his friends and kinda second-family so he feels that he can joke around again and still be funny.

and remember, joking his how Peter deals with things, so if he's cracking a joke chances are something's bugging him.

Ah. I should really read more of the writer's interviews. It'd certainly help make sense of things in their books. :lol:

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Ah. I should really read more of the writer's interviews. It'd certainly help make sense of things in their books. :lol:

Speaking as someone who reads those interviews, none of us should need those interviews to make sense of the books.

The very fact that the writings don't speak for themselves is indication of their flaws. I'm not talking about them needing some social context to be understood, but rather that poor writing is resulting in character misrepresentation, etc.

mattharvest on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So guys, I am completley convinced that the Dr. Doom that has been running around the last few years is a Skrull.

Any one of his appearances after Authorative Action = Skrull Doom

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    He was dead for a while there. Or in Hell, at least.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Scooter wrote: »
    He was dead for a while there. Or in Hell, at least.

Exactly

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    fuck that.

the only reason there would be a Skrull Doom would be to further prepetuate further victories in the name of the real Doom. and no one living may masquarade as Dr. Doom without Doom's direct say so.

being an awesome asshole is a mantle reserved only for the legitimate Victor von Doom and Doom alone.

delphinus on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Doom is dead bro. They never explained how he came back.

Plus think about it, this sets up the triumphant return of the real Doom just in time to save that fool Richards and his simpleton friends.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    When did he die?
    i thought he came back from hell already?
    and didnt he help out panther during CW?

delphinus on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    He invited Panther over, acted like a white supremacist dick, tried to kill him, and then just stopped fighting and laughed his ass off because apparently Storm is a castrating harpy.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    He came back from Hell during Authoratative Action and possessed the Thing's body, forcing Reed to kill them both.

He was gone for awhile and then came back (I think in the FF issues with Thor's hammer was the first time). I dont know about BP because I dont read it, but he did Red Skull a favor in Captain America.

Anyway, all of his appearenced since Reed killed him in Authorative Action - SKRULL.

I am so confident this is true.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Plus think about it, this sets up the triumphant return of the real Doom just in time to save that fool Richards and his simpleton friends.
    uh, yeah they fucking did

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »

uh, yeah they fucking did

When was this?

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    No wait.

Doom came back form Hell because Mjoliner was globe trotting through the fabric of the universe and he hitch hiked a ride out of Hell because of it.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Doom came back from Hell during Authorative Action - and Reed killed him again.

Although I do now kind of remember that Mjolnir explenation.

Fuck it though, I still think the current Doom is a skrull.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    like i said before....
    He invited Panther over, acted like a white supremacist dick, tried to kill him, and then just stopped fighting and laughed his ass off because apparently Storm is a castrating harpy.
    being an awesome asshole is a mantle reserved only for the legitimate Victor von Doom and Doom alone.

delphinus on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2007
    Doom came back from Hell during the Road to Civil War tie-ins for Fantastic Four. Thor's hammer coming down ripped a hole in reality, which let Doom find a way out, and gave him the belief that he was destined to wield the hammer.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Clearly a Skrull lie, because the real Doom would never need any convincing that he was destined and worthy to wield Mjolnir.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2007
    Except for that he wasn't, because he tried and failed to pick it up.

The Thing tried, but they didn't show if he could or not, because he's the Thing, meaning he probably just wanted to see what would happen.

I bet he could, though.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Doom failed, and then said "fuck it, I don't need no stinking hammer" and strutted off.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Except for that he wasn't, because he tried and failed to pick it up.

The Thing tried, but they didn't show if he could or not, because he's the Thing, meaning he probably just wanted to see what would happen.

I bet he could, though.

But Thing would look ridiculous in the outfit.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    liqideosliqideos Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Speaking of Thorrish things in Marvel...what exactly is the story behind Horse Thor that showed up in Omega Flight?

liqideos on
    547333259_132ba420c9_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007

sigh

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Kids these days, dont even know who fucking Beta Ray Bill is.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Kids these days, dont even know who fucking Beta Ray Bill is.

I do.

I looked him up after reading the first She-Hulk trade.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Clearly a Skrull lie, because the real Doom would never need any convincing that he was destined and worthy to wield Mjolnir.

Indeed. He was pretty certain that he was after it pulled him from Hell.
    Doom has come to claim that which summoned him from the darkness... that which is his by right

And later as Geebs Mod said, Dr. Doom follows up after he grabs Mjolnir and he doesn't become Thor (although it does send a massive bolt into the ground from the sky).
    I felt the touch of the Asgardians as they fell... ...Felt the power of Thor for just a moment as Ragnarok tore through Hell itself.

Then realizing he was wrong, he sulks off to his craft and flies back to Latveria.

--If you had the chance-- --UNNNGGGH-- --Wouldn't you give it a shot-- --URRRRRRKKKK-- --Just in case?

I'm gonna guess that since he didn't say that while he was constipated, but rather as he had both his hands wrapped around Mjolnir and was pulling on it that... Nah. He can't.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Doom being a racist can be chalked up entirely to his appearance being written by Reginald Hudlin.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I fucking hate Hudlin.

They cancelled Priest's BP because of him. Oh man just thinking about it makes me RAGE.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Hm... I wonder what non-heroes are Skrulls.

If 616's President Bush is a Skrull I'm going to laugh my ass off.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited June 2007