As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Deadly Premonition: Twin Peaks + Open World + Zombies + Clunkiness - NOW ON XBOX LIVE

• Options
    Zerozaki IshikiZerozaki Ishiki Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Honestly, seeing it in motion here makes it seem better than I feared. The controls are very obviously improved, and the framerate is... tolerable?

The actual shooting controls are identical. I played the 360 version on easy and couldn't detect any difference in the combat during the prologue; I think they just scrapped the two higher difficulty levels and called it done. Aside from the additional cutscene/redone shots in the opening the only difference was the odd tank control moment being removed.
    Didn't seem like enough of a difference to bother putting up with those impossible fucking qtes again, so I sent it back to Gamefly.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Necropost but fuck it.

I'm finally watching the supgreatfriend LP of this. How the hell have I never checked out this game till now.

I'm glad there's a super great LP though, it definite looks like a game more enjoyable to watch played well than to play myself.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I still really want to play this game. I even bought a copy for my friend.

Any news on patch yet?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Proper KBAM support is all I ask.

• Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    Fixing the outdoor audio problems from the PS3 version would be good, too.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Apparently it was Greenlit, which is awesome. Hope they fix the couple issues I've heard about in the PS3 version for this port.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    I really can't believe I got excited and wasted money on a nearly unplayable version now...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/247660/

Up for pre-order on Steam! To be released on October 29, for $24.99, but if you pre-order you get 10% off and a "free upgrade to the Deluxe Edition", although no mention of what the Deluxe Edition actually includes that the normal version doesn't.

The game is listed as having "partial controller support" which I interpret as meaning you can't remap controls, it will have achievements and trading cards.

• Options
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/247660/

Up for pre-order on Steam! To be released on October 29, for $24.99, but if you pre-order you get 10% off and a "free upgrade to the Deluxe Edition", although no mention of what the Deluxe Edition actually includes that the normal version doesn't.

The game is listed as having "partial controller support" which I interpret as meaning you can't remap controls, it will have achievements and trading cards.

Cool, wonder what Deluxe is. Maybe it's those PC-exclusive costumes they mentioned in the greenlight pitch video?

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
  • Options
    Ah... I don't know that I care about the soundtrack but I might as well pre-order for the discount anyways :P

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    I hope the steam trading cards are of the ingame trading cards.

• Options
    Has the PS3 version ever been fixed, or did they just abandon it and move on?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    I hope we get a steam trading card of a trading card.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    heenato wrote: »

And of The Pickles.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    heenato wrote: »

And of The Pickles.
    And the sinner's sandwich. In fact, I want all the cards to just be of the dumbest trading cards in the game. Sinner sandwich? Check. Gina's sponge? Check. Coffee? Hell yes.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Is anyone picking this up tomorrow? I'm eager to hear if they fixed the sound/performance issues from the PS3 version.

I still feel burned that I bought a half-broken version while thinking it was my only option, only to have a PC version announced a few months later for half the price.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    I've got it pre-ordered, so I'll see how it goes.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Half of $40 is not $29.99 (or even $26.99).

Anyway, I've got it pre-ordered and will be trying it out with KBAM, and my 360 controller dongle is set to arrive on Wednesday so I can also try it with a controller then. I let other people get burned on the PS3 port so I figure it's my turn to return the favor, if nothing else.

• Options
    Oh, oops. For some reason I was thinking that it was $25 and discounted to $22.50 for pre-orders.

Anyway, I'm not blaming anyone for my PS3 purchase. I was aware of the issues beforehand, bought it anyway because it was the only way I could play, and didn't get cranky about it until the PC version was announced. It's mostly my fault for buying into the fear that if I didn't grab it right away, it would be impossible to find.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I guess it is $25. But still, that ain't half price. :P

• Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    I'll get it if the issues were ironed out. I stayed away from the console DC version, but a PC version is tempting. Imagine the (potential) graphic mods.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Even if the port sucks the game has such a following I'm willing to bet any performance issues eventually get a fan patch or work around.

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Ok, guys. I need some impressions when the Steam version drops. If it's in any way a passable port I am buying it.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    3 hours till unlock - what a weird unlock time. You'd think they would do midnight.

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Apparently the PC version is locked at 720p with no video options. Durante from GAF said he'd take a look at it (he sounds optimistic), but no promises obviously.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    Framerate is reportedly 60 FPS in game 30 in movie which was the bigger issue for me so I'm not too worried about 720p, though it's getting a little sad.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    I don't have time to play it right now, but it's a 5.4 GB install, there are 9 trading cards, and the achievements are for each chapter of the game and each side mission. There are some spoilers in the achievement descriptions, I recommend not looking at unearned achievements if you have not played this game before.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    So I hear this port is complete shit and doesn't support gamepads at all? (except for apparently the "B" button on like a 360 pad... I guess "limited gamepad support" means one button joysticks?)

• Options
    Praise be to Durante:

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=366

Early fix, allows you unlock it from 720p. Don't expect it to be perfect though, as it's in the early phases.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    I was going to give my impressions of Deadly Premonition today, but the game boots up in squished 16:9 on my 4:3 monitor and is also somehow off-center so the left edge of the game is not visible and there is black nothingness running down the right side, and I don't see any option to change the resolution or screen ratio.

This was something that both console versions did natively, you know. Adjust the display ratio to your television automatically.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Has the PS3 version ever been fixed, or did they just abandon it and move on?

Well I got it for $20 and I like it just fine, but I have almost no standards when it comes to graphics.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Actually glad to hear it's not just the PS3 version, the game itself is just bad.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Graphics != game.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    When the graphics and engine are so bad they literally make me ill, there's a problem.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Anyway I made a Steam Support account and told them that since I use a 4:3 monitor the game is unplayable for me, and they did not say anything about this on the store page so I purchased it in good faith that my computer set-up was going to be able to play it, so hopefully, maybe, I will get a refund on this.

I don't care if there's an awesome European programmer fan-patch that fixes all the issues. I do not wish to give my money to people that shit out such a lazy port onto the PC, much less such a lazy port of a game I like.

• Options
    I think bad ports of Japanese games to PC is the rule, not the exception.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hoo-boy. Okay. Where to begin. I guess I'll begin with the positives. The game runs great, and the PS3 audio issue where everything outside sounded like it was in a fuckin' echo chamber is fixed. It sounds normal. And umm....it runs well?

Okay. There's not much here. It's pretty dire. Controls are not good, There is some HORRIBLE mouse acceleration. combined with no graphical options, no controller support I would still say, at this time, to get the 360 version if you have access to it. If Durante works his miracles, then I might change my mind, but until then, yeah.

Edit: BREAKING NEWS! Durante has found why it doesn't have controller support! It's because it's using an ancient input method used for JOYSTICKS. from WINDOWS 98!

Durante's response "Fixing that will take 30 minutes"

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M