As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

White [chat]findel Sucks

• Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I've been reviewing and creating webzines/websites since 2005 and i'm no where near famous.

*rubs eyes*

WMain00 on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited February 2010
    Hooray, the Glorious Edict has returned!

Echo on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I just spent an hour reading old chat threads.

You could have been doing something more productive, like building a 1:1 scale model of the Eiffel tower from toenail clippings. Or masturbating

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »
    I've been reviewing and creating webzines/websites since 2005 and i'm no where near famous.

*rubs eyes*

If I had a scanner I'd scan my articles in the handful of magazines I still have around just for fun.

Echo on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2010
    Sipex wrote: »
    Sipex wrote: »
    Please, it only eats fish tongue, really.

It eats more tongues than your current avatar.

You know nothing of my avatar's tongue eating capabilities.

He could be the grand master of tongue devouring for all you know.

Yeah, but the other part of the equation is that it lives there and REPLACES THE TONGUE. And regardless of how many tongues your avatar does eat, it certainly does not replace the tongue with itself. If it did, your avatar would be the one I made for you.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, but the other part of the equation is that it lives there and REPLACES THE TONGUE. And regardless of how many tongues your avatar does eat, it certainly does not replace the tongue with itself. If it did, your avatar would be the one I made for you.

kung-pow-enter-fist-2.jpg

Echo on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    Bogart wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Still, that's pretty rad, dude.

I am friends with several people who write concert and gallery reviews and such for the local alternative paper and if they get comped free tickets that is considered a good day. Actual money is unheard of.

Yeah, free tickets and complimentary books are my usual pay as well, so it'll be oh so satisfying getting paid for this. the money is going towards something cool for myself and shall not be spent sensibly. Hmmm. I think the second Absolute Planetary is coming out soon.

I completely endorse this :^:

I wish DC would hurry up and put out an Absolute All-Star Superman already. I would sell blood for it.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I wish DC would hurry up and put out an Absolute All-Star Superman already. I would sell blood for it.

Indeed. DC are shite at getting collections out. I'm waiting for the first Power Girl trade to come out, as I read the last couple of issues on the stands and loved them (it's fun, knockabout stuff that reminds me of why I liked superhero comics in the first place, and has great art by Amanda Connor), but it takes like six months to even get a tpb out of them.

Bogart on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

You could have been doing something more productive, like building a 1:1 scale model of the Eiffel tower from toenail clippings. Or masturbating

I have been sorting lego for over two hours.

japan on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    If I get the kanji for 'silly goose' tattooed on my chest, can I be a mod?

TL DR on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    Kanji West.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited February 2010

Indeed. DC are shite at getting collections out. I'm waiting for the first Power Girl trade to come out, as I read the last couple of issues on the stands and loved them (it's fun, knockabout stuff that reminds me of why I liked superhero comics in the first place, and has great art by Amanda Connor), but it takes like six months to even get a tpb out of them.

The annoying thing is that Vertigo are fantastic at putting trades out like clockwork. Every six or twelve issues of Fables or whatever and boom, new trade. It's only the DCU that seems to be so stupidly haphazard.

Though to be fair, Marvel are just as bad in their own way. They'll put out trades fairly quickly and then never reprint them, ever, for any reason.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    japan wrote: »

That sounds ace.

Bogart on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Nerds.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hey hey,

Lego is awesome.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Nerds.

You really should post the picture if you're going to say that.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Res wrote: »
    Frosteey wrote: »
    G&T people are like 90% awesome in Gunbound and like 80% awesome in Team Fortress 2 except they make fun of my Pikachu picture : (

Would you like me to drop crickets down the backs of their shirts

What why would you say this : (

Frosteey on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    japan wrote: »

That sounds ace.

This is the smaller of the two boxes, and it was already part sorted.

The big box is a weekend job, I think. I was going to sort it by trying to build as many of the sets I have as possible, but I attempted that earlier this evening and rapidly realised it was going to take days to find particular pieces.

japan on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Lego is indeed awesome.

Honk on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Tube reinstated the silly goose announcement.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Oh god Absolute all-star superman

All my dicks

every single one of them.

desc on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    I am glad that the silly goose rule is back in effect.

_J_ on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    As of yesterday afternoon, I'm officially an uncle. Feels kinda weird, especially since my brother is younger than me. Suddenly there's someone that matters significantly in the generation under me. It's a needed reminder that the future is important beyond my expiration date.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    boo.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Senjutsu really is married to the coolest woman on the planet. He should be hated by all due to envy.

But if I hate him then that reduces my chances of getting them both at the same time.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    there's always roofies

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The bestest postcard.

Cook.jpeg

Echo on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Man, I want to be excited for SC2 but after hopping in the thread and looking at build orders peoples were posting I just zoned out.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited February 2010
    Man, the picture of Ebert in the new Esquire makes me sad.

yeah it is sad. dude can't talk at all anymore

you know, i have generally disagreed with ebert's movie reviews and probably fundamentally disagree with his philosophy of quality in cinema. but he seems like a good guy who is utterly in earnest in his appreciation for film, and hopefully his reviews are helpful to some people. i wish him well.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Fireflash wrote: »
    As of yesterday afternoon, I'm officially an uncle. Feels kinda weird, especially since my brother is younger than me. Suddenly there's someone that matters significantly in the generation under me. It's a needed reminder that the future is important beyond my expiration date.

It passes. And you get to look forward to buying drum sets and toys with lots of batteries for him. Although my bastard of a father already bought my nephew one of those power wheel things. I wanted to do that.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    DeShadowC wrote: »

Exempt for mods. Than will come in here and insult us any second.

Honk on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    there's always roofies

But you're both so much more fun when you're aware of what's going on. :winky:

Passerbye on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ebert generally likes good stuff and hates crap

are you saying you like crap, Will

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010

And now Mods are exempt.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I fear his sanity was lost from reading the Gamer thread.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Man, I want to be excited for SC2 but after hopping in the thread and looking at build orders peoples were posting I just zoned out.

I just can't stand build order games like that and the first Dawn of War. I get all "Dude, stop attacking me, I'm not done building my base yet!"

Echo on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I didn't know the Silly Goose rule ever went out of effect.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »

This is why I can't get pumped about SC2 -- I feel like the actual playing of the game is going to be a lot like SC1, and the 'furiously hotkey your way through a build order' is something I am terrible at.

desc on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Fireflash wrote: »

It passes. And you get to look forward to buying drum sets and toys with lots of batteries for him. Although my bastard of a father already bought my nephew one of those power wheel things. I wanted to do that.

I cant wait until my cousin is old enough to sit and watch TV with me. We are going to watch so many cartoons.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    I didn't know the Silly Goose rule ever went out of effect.

The announcement dropped off. I just assumed it was still in effect until a mod said otherwise.

Thomamelas on
This discussion has been closed.