As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends, the Name Game {Tourney Spreadsheet in OP}

• FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i've only logged 4-5 games on here, but had some good results.

i pretty much went with sapph to sheen working towards triforce. got some defensive boots in there somewhere.

i went charge, devastate, devastate, passive, devastate, ult

got to focus on pounding someone into a wall and then mashing devastating blow over and over. i'll pop the passive if i need to escape, or use diplomatic immunity to escape as well more than anything. unless you have another stunner or a slow handing she is mostly a 1-2 punch. so, getting sheen and then building frozen mallet wouldn't be a terrible idea.

Feldorn on
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    nealcm wrote: »
    do we have any resident poppy players that can make me suck a liiiittle less

use all your abilities at the appropriate time and in the appropriate situations.

i am pretty sure you have posted this to more, and almost positive it was also to me

so i am unimpressed

also, thank you feldorn.

edit: almost forgot
    read my reason for editing

am i part of the team now

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Feldorn wrote: »
    i think i shall buy singed, and learn to play him.

suggestions from people?

This is what I use:

Spells: Ghost/Cleanse
    Runes: Insight/Evasion/Shielding/Swiftness
    Masteries: 0/15/15

Defense:
    Resistance, 1/3 Hardiness
    Strength of Spirit, Evasion
    Nimbleness
    2/4 Veteran's Scars, Improved Cleanse

Utility:
    Good Hands, Improved Ghost
    Awareness
    Greed, Meditation
    Quickness

Items:
    Sapphire Crystal + 2x Health Potions (spawn)
    Boots of Speed
    --> Catalyst
    --> Boots of Swiftness
    Blasting Wand --> RoA (hopefully <20min; my best is 13:30)
    Catalyst #2

That's the core; at ~5500g you'll have that by the 25-minute mark unless you're getting roflstomped, at which point you surrender. From there, you have 3 paths to take:

Super-Carry: --> Rod of Ages, Abyssal Scepter, Void Staff
    Anti-Magic: --> Banshee's Veil, Force of Nature, Abyssal Scepter
    Anti-Attack: Warden's Mail, --> Banshee's Veil, Frozen Heart/Guardian Angel

Super-Carry is only if I'm totally confident that we're overpowering the enemy. I go for Anti-Magic/Attack most of the time; I gear against the top killers on the enemy team accordingly.
    Guardian Angel is always a fine last item.
    Banshee's Veil is in the anti-attack category because you need additional MR in any prolonged match.

Skills:

Gas, Fling, Gas, Goo, Gas, Ult - beyond that Ult > Gas > Fling > Goo

Always take Gas level 1 if you can clear a Golem/Wolf camp with your lanemate
    Only take Fling level 1 if you're confident in getting a kill from a 2v2 level 1 skirmish

Thoughts:

* Strength of Spirit

At 3/3, it's much easier to read this way: "Add 1.5% of your max mana to healthregen/5" With a mana crystal, champions generally gain 7 healthregen/5 at level 1. Since we're starting with Sapphire Crystal all the time, taking Strength of Spirit allows us to get by without any healthregen items from spawn. Furthermore, as the match progresses it increases in potency: 2000 mana is a 30healthregen/5 bonus and perfectly achievable with RoA + Veil. This is especially important when considering Singed has no natural heals and is a poor candidate for lifesteal.

* Utility Masteries:

Perserverance is bad; 4% health/manaregen is effectively 1hp/5 and 1mp/5 for most of the match. I'd rather have Good Hands; tanks are deathprone and respawning in time to defend an inhibitor is better.

Expanded Mind is forgettable; 5% max mana is 23 at spawn and 100-150 late game, whereas leveling faster means your first ultimate comes sooner, which means you can regen sooner in a lane.

Greed is better than Utility Mastery since we're not hurting for buffs; let the carries have those.

* No Evasion Seals?

I noticed you didn't have any - in this case I'd still run 0/15/15, but for Defensive, go
    Hardiness, Resistance
    Strength of Spirit
    Iron Skin, 1/2 Defensive Mastery
    2/4 Veteran's Scars, Improved Cleanse

Zoelef on
    edited March 2010
    i just started collecting evasion runes.

Feldorn on
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hopefully I can get to play with you guys for a couple of games this weekend before I'm officially IP-banned from playing on the American servers.

Another thing I want to say is that Rammus is pretty sweet now, for some reason he clicked with me yesterday and I'm pretty much on a roll, although I only won 1 game out of 5 but that's most likely due to the crazy matchmaking.

Peas on
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    fattest team
    4v2of.jpg

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
    edited March 2010
    did you guys win

also i wish i could have been part of it

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • LagnarLagnar Halifax, Nova scotiaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    We won booyah.

Lagnar on
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    2qR9u.jpg
    003.jpg

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
    edited March 2010
    today i played a game where it was all melee vs. all melee, and it seemed like it'd be fun, but it was ruined

we lost hard because they had more disables and they stayed together more often

my team was sooo split up

i was constantly getting singed flung into their crowd then cho'gath spikes knocked me up then i was super dead to the max

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • FalstaffFalstaff Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    With Warden's Armour,
    Twitch and Ashe feel the wrath of
    Poetic Justice

FORM AND CONTENT UNITE!

Falstaff on
    Still verbing the adjective noun.
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Jax has more HP than a geared tank and out DPS' most DPS heroes

Hmmmmmm

Zen Vulgarity on
  • 4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    BALANCE

4rch3nemy on
    edited March 2010
    I don't think I've ever seen the Sword of the Divine used against Jax. If I played any physical champs I'd give it a try.

Falstaff on
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Falstaff wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever seen the Sword of the Divine used against Jax. If I played any physical champs I'd give it a try.

I've seen it once.

On a Kayle.

Nobody builds it, and instead complain about Jax during the match.

Shamus on
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I was really enjoying Nidalee. I kind of want to buy her. My only reservation is that her versatility is sort of gimped by your choice of masteries and runes. You essentially choose one of three poissble paths before the game even starts (AP/AD/true hybrid) and then only have the choice between offense-heavy and defense-heavy versions in items.

It'd be awesome to have a hero that can be a true counterpick by items alone. Nidalee comes damn close. She's also fun as hell to play: a skillshot, a heal, a trap, a blink, an AOE, and huge movespeed. Only trouble is that against a dedicated carry (Jax or Yi or Trist) she crumples like a brown paper bag, and no amount of defense items can do more than prolong your inevitable defeat by a few seconds.

I liked playing Yi so much a few weeks ago that I had to buy him. Except now I'm getting stuck in level 30 games (at level 16) and everyone knows how to counter him and he's not fun anymore.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I was really enjoying Nidalee. I kind of want to buy her. My only reservation is that her versatility is sort of gimped by your choice of masteries and runes. You essentially choose one of three poissble paths before the game even starts (AP/AD/true hybrid) and then only have the choice between offense-heavy and defense-heavy versions in items.

It'd be awesome to have a hero that can be a true counterpick by items alone. Nidalee comes damn close. She's also fun as hell to play: a skillshot, a heal, a trap, a blink, an AOE, and huge movespeed. Only trouble is that against a dedicated carry (Jax or Yi or Trist) she crumples like a brown paper bag, and no amount of defense items can do more than prolong your inevitable defeat by a few seconds.

I liked playing Yi so much a few weeks ago that I had to buy him. Except now I'm getting stuck in level 30 games (at level 16) and everyone knows how to counter him and he's not fun anymore.

Play Jax.

Nothing beats jumping into a group of enemy champions and surviving.

Disclaimer: Provided they're not all AP Champions and/or have a shit-load of stuns.

Shamus on
  • DkarrdeDkarrde Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nothing quite like getting bitched out by the entire team of mental thirteen-year-olds -- after the game was won -- because you played a support ashe instead of an autoattack ashe. This community makes me really tired sometimes. I love the game itself, but the people... ugh.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Man, another all AP enemy team. Another 50+ minute match. Another Unstoppable God-Singed with 300+ MR and hp/5.

It's pretty hilarious when I get my force of nature and go from initiator to tank - then my spirit visage and ascend into godhood. Shrugging off Ryze/Morganna/Cho'gath/Clockman at once like they ain't nothin'.

'Cause they aint nothin'.

Falstaff on
  • Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    so I'm trying to use trynd, any tips for where and when to use his ult?

I've managed to do the whole hulk thing and take one or two heros down, but it's pretty much always a death sentence for me

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It's good for tower diving. Get someone weak, ult, kill them, spinslash away over the nearest jungle wall. Speaking of, never use his ult aggressively without having spinslash ready for a quick escape.

Take Cleanse and seriously consider getting a Bansee's Veil. People love to stun/fear/mute Tryndamere when he gets low on health to prevent him from ulting to safety. They also like to use Ignite to apply a DOT which kill him after his ult has finished. Cleanse helps you in both of these situations.

ChopperDave on
    3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
    edited March 2010
    It's good for tower diving. Get someone weak, ult, kill them, spinslash away over the nearest jungle wall. Speaking of, never use his ult aggressively without having spinslash ready for a quick escape.

Take Cleanse and seriously consider getting a Bansee's Veil. People love to stun/fear/mute Tryndamere when he gets low on health to prevent him from ulting to safety. They also like to use Ignite to apply a DOT which kill him after his ult has finished. Cleanse helps you in both of these situations.

what about that quicksilver sash?

Feldorn on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hahahaha Feldorn you card

Zen Vulgarity on
  • TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    yeah, that's p good joke.

TyrantCow on
    edited March 2010
    Mooman you wanna GAME SON or are you working

Zen Vulgarity on
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Peas wrote: »
    Another thing I want to say is that *Rammus* is pretty sweet now, for some reason he clicked with me yesterday and I'm pretty much *on a roll*, although I only won 1 game out of 5 but that's most likely due to the crazy matchmaking.

Must ... not ... point out ... bad ... (I mean really really bad) ... pun.

But yeah, I really love rammus. The mobility that power ball gives along with the rather unique taunt ability make him one of my favorite characters to play.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    edited March 2010
    i am working one of the shittest days i have worked

and i've only been here for 2 hours D:

- great, this fucking hdd is dead

ARRRRRRRRRRG

TyrantCow on
    edited March 2010
    Sweet

I'm in my PJs going "do I wanna read deez books or play dis game"

Think I might do the former

Zen Vulgarity on
  • jowjow Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Greetings Earthlings,

I've been playing LoL for about two or three weeks now. I never played DoTA back in the day day. I'm preeeeetty decent, I have a handle on the game's concepts, my win:loss in regular games is approaching even again. I'm like level 13 or something at the moment. I play a pretty good Amumu, did some Gangplank and Teemo. I'm learning that MFin Cho'Gath now. I have a buddy I play with a lot.

Just thought I'd drop this thread a line and introduce myself in case I follow the OP's advice and lurk in the PA vent looking for games.

Name in game is jow LoL.

jow on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    doc10.jpg
    edited March 2010
    fuck this, i'mma just leave work in like an hour

that'll show 'em.

TyrantCow on
    edited March 2010
    "hey, zoloft"

TyrantCow on
    edited March 2010
    were you guys lagging in your game earlier

cause 4 of us died all at once because for some FUCKING reason when the game lagged the enemy team was still able to keep meleeing but we were apparently not able to move, then 2 more of us died when a second wave of lag came, all within the first 10 or so minutes

but thankfully once i built a stark's fervor and trinity force as poppy i started getting triple kills during teamfights and turned the game around. this was the first time i did good as poppy and it made me feel a CRAPLOAD better about buying her, and definitely see how fun she can be

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
    edited March 2010
    it's your fault for playing with your brother, aunt, cousin, family, etc.

TyrantCow on
    edited March 2010
    shut

up

and imma get on vent soon

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So I finally saved up the 6300ip for Anivia. (SHUT UP, I'm a cheap ass).

Thusfar I'm really happy with my purchase. She doesn't have quite the disgusting killing power of Fiddles, Annie or Corki (my other regulars), but with all the CCs she's basically an assist goddess. I got like 4 kills and 30 assists in my first non-practice game with her.

I really fucking love the ice wall. I was afraid that I was gonna have trouble with it, because so many Anivia players I've seen failwall ALL THE TIME, but I actually got the hang of it pretty quickly. There's nothing quite as satisfying as getting into a teamfight and separating the melee/tanks from the ranged DPS/mages that they depend on in order to stay alive. (Or alternatively, flanking the mages and walling off any reinforcements that come to save them). Or watching a kiter turn around and run face-first into a wall, then get CCd and murdered by me and my team. Or being chased by four dudes in the jungle and walling them all off, giving myself plenty of time to find the safety of my towers or team. Or saving a teammate from dying to a gank squad by walling them all into the jungle.

Still getting used to effectively using her skillshot in the heat of a teamfight, though. I'm fine in the lanes, but when things get chaotic it can be tricky to use.

ChopperDave on
    3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Only after I bought Mordekaiser did I realise that Sion is by far the superior tank. He is some sort of maniacal chopping monster.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
    edited March 2010
    Yeah Anivia pretty much always needs to be near a teammate. I also need to get the hang of her skillshot, and wall is hilarious. Solo queueing with her can be frustrating if your team doesn't think to jump on the other team while you are in egg form taking all the hits. I hate that with a passion.

I have died twice near our inhibitor tower while my team watched nearby. Pretty cool!

Edit: Also I think I already told this story but once as Zilean I Chronoshifted an Anivia that had just popped back up from her egg.

The other team was not happy.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I plaedthis gam.

It sucks when you don't know what the new heroes can do. I also wonder what three months of patches have changed that I don't know about.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
    edited March 2010
    12-0 with tristana early game looking promising right

wrong

one person leaves

we are forced to defend til like, 30 minutes, and our TF keeps gating into their towerless inhibitor then getting gangraped by their team and feeding, thinking killing the inhibitor will simply win it for us

then a second person leaves

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
    edited March 2010
    pro gamers.

TyrantCow on