WoW PvE Raiding
Every casual MMO gamer can get into the WoW raiding scene. From the "casual" player who does two raids per week (8 hours), a few PvP battlegrounds (4 hours), picks up a couple levels on the alt (4 hours), and farms a bit (4 hours), to the "casual" player who raids four hours a day, six days a week, plus alts.
Whether you're casually slugging your way through Trial of the Crusader 10 man or casually fighting the Lich King on 25 man heroic mode, WoW's raiding scene has something for you.Useful Links:
- Tankspot Tutorial Videos: This is the best source for general overviews on new bosses. More detailed discussion is usually available in the comments thread for each video, and elsewhere on the site. This generally seems to be the place to start for any wow PvE raid strategic information
- WoWHead is a great place to get detailed information on boss abilities and loot, there's also a solid amount of anecdotal information in the comments on any boss.
- Elitist Jerks: There's usually some helpful strategic discussion here, but beware the moderators. They can and will ban you for just about anything, from grammatical mistakes the moderators themselves make to posting useless messages like "Thanks for the hard work guys!"
- Penny Arcade Forums - MMO Extravaganza: Find the thread for your class when you're looking to start raiding, and use the info in the OP to sanity check your gear and talents. Just because you see a lot of big numbers doesn't mean that your hemo daggers, 2h enhancement, or shockadin build is actually doing a lot of damage per second.
- MMO-Champion: Great source for pre-release info on boss abilities and loot, or reading developer feedback.
Somebody made an excel spreadsheet of every raider in my guild and how many times they were hit by malleable goo along with information such as goo hits/raid, %goos hit by, etc
I'm pretty sure that one of our hunters and shadow priests are intentionally going out of their way to find goo to hit them, since I don't see how you could get hit by 1/5 goos purely by not moving