As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] [Raiding] It's like a big fat guy in a doorway

1767778798082»

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    priests can use psychic scream. It's not ideal but it's better than worship going off.

resto druid I guess is without one, except to drop into bear and bash

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'd imagine cyclone would work. Not 100% sure though.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Cyclone works but it's got a cast time so it's not on call: by the time you as a healer are needing to interrupt it means someone else has dropped the ball and the interrupt needs to be done now. By the time you cast Cyclone someone may have taken care of it already and now you spent the last second or so casting for no good reason. Cat/Bear->Skull Bash and/or Bear->Bash are only on call if you have Furor so after shifting you have the energy/rage to use it right away. Taurens have Warstomp which helps solidify them as the superior druid race (at least on that fight). Psychic Scream's what I forgot, and it counts as a relatively good interrupt since it's only 30s cooldown, AoE, and instant.

Cho's 90% an interrupt fight. If you interrupt everything then you win, if you don't then you have a really hard road ahead of you. Fuck up on Worships and the tank starts taking damage out the ass. Fuck up on the add and everyone gets corrupted. Fuck up on the eye stalks and people become worthless. The last 10% is positioning: position the adds to die properly so AoE can get them down and stick close to each other so interrupts can happen before the boss gets buffed.

Opty on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The easiest way for a tank to do interrupts on Worship is with the wonders of the tab key. If everyone is stacked on the boss, tab-interrupt-tab works great. This is, of course, if you are a DK or Bear.

Also, the best thing to do with Depravity interrupts is for your tanks to get used to the timing. Don't move, interrupt, then backpeddle as fast as you can. When your interrupt is about to go off cooldown again, stop moving, wait for the cast, interrupt again and then start moving again.

On 10 man (not sure on 25) it's on a cooldown such that 1 melee can do all the interrupts. Same as tons of other stuff.

shryke on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    /targetenemyplayer works and it works wonders. Macroing that with your interrupt as a ranged interrupter makes it super easy to pop without having to think about it.

Opty on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    shryke wrote: »
    On 10 man (not sure on 25) it's on a cooldown such that 1 melee can do all the interrupts. Same as tons of other stuff.
    The cooldown is short on 25-man, so you need two interrupters, as is usually the case with these sorts of abilities.

forty on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So my 10 man is falling apart. One of our members has to quit because of work. One has become dependable as a Ford truck made on a friday. One is now dating a cougar.

FML

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So my 10 man is falling apart. One of our members has to quit because of work. One has become dependable as a Ford truck made on a friday. One is now dating a cougar.

FML

That really sucks. My 10 man went through a period of 3 weeks where we literally went through 8 healers quitting. We're now barely keeping up in server progression but at least we didn't fall totally apart.

Rakeeth on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, attrition, burnout, apathy, etc. has killed progression in my guild as well. We've actually degressed a little since we've only been killing at most 3 heroic bosses per week for a while now, even though we were up to 4/12 last month.

forty on
  • Options
    TylanthusTylanthus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It's difficult to get excited for hard modes personally. Despite it being better loot and whatnot... it's still feels like farming the same content.

We haven't hit the burnout phase quite yet though... perhaps it was good luck to start at the end of January instead of right out of the gates.

Tylanthus on
  • Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Difficult for you maybe. I'm excited!

Ok, I know what you mean. I am looking forward to some of the fights that are actually different, though, as opposed to Halfus and Chim which are just turned up to 11.

cncaudata on
    PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    mattclemmattclem Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Getting really irritated with Nef at the moment. We're *so* close - 35%ish - but just losing it on the adds in Phase 3. The annoying thing is that I can't offer any useful guidance 'cause I've got a dragon in my face.

What sort of movement pattern are the add kiters going for? Is it "Move far enough away when shadowflame hits the ground, then stand still and don't die", or is it "Keep moving to try to keep one step ahead of the skellies for as long as possible"?

There's slowing of the adds going on, and I'm not entirely clear if that's beneficial - on the one hand it makes it easier to take less damage while they're being kited, but on the other it means they take longer to get away from the flame.

mattclem on
  • Options
    king awesomeking awesome Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So my guild just started doing chogall on 10 man and hooooooo boy, are we getting our asses kicked. It seems like we do not have enough interrupts and ranged damage for the fight, even though we one shot the monstrosity last night. Chogall is getting 4-5 worship stacks occasionally, and when I offtank the big add that spawns ranged can't kill it in that 30 second time span so I start getting massive corruption.

We are following the tankspot guide for doing him. Anyone have any suggestions.

Our raid composition varies but last night it was me as DK MT, Beartank OT, Shammy, Druid, and Pally heals. Ret pally, warrior melee dps. 2 mages and a shadow priest ranged dps.

Any advice would be lovely!

Our raid comp is War Tank, DK Tank, Hunter (me), pally heal, shammy heal, and a 3rd healer (another pally or priest), DK dps, 1-2 mages, boomkin, enhance shammy, rogue (I know that's more than 10, or dps gets swapped around depending on who is sitting that night).

I'm the one leading vent with the one healer, so 50% of the calls are made by me or the 1 healer.

MC's are handled by a dragon's breath by the mage. Always. If we have 2 mages, it's usually never an issue. If one of the mages get's MC'd I'll scatter or the priest will aoe scream or whatever. MCs are everyone's responsibility in our raid and that is known. The default is that we all stack tight on his butt and the mage takes one step back, dragons breath, cleanses go out, rinse repeat.

Add stage looks like this. I call ranged to break off. I MD add to tank. Tank interupts, mage interupts next, tank interupts 3rd depravitys. For 1st set of adds the ranged go back on cho and I solo the first 5 bloods. Spec'd into entrapment and engi bombs make it cake. 2nd set of adds it's me and 1 of the ranged 3rd set is all 3 of us. Cho goes in to phase 2 before the 4th fester blood.

If a ranged get's MC'd it is our shammy healer or us ranged's responsibility to get them out and get them cleansed. If it happens at a really bad time (I've been MC'd causing the adds to walk right through my traps) I call for melee to run back which they do and destroy the adds. If I'm MC'd the mage roots, slows, whatever to let the melee get in there.

As for the big add dieing that's just your dps have to dps harder :/ not much else to say. There is no trick. And bad MC's can definately mess that up. We've had fester blood happen and the add not die till about 5 secs after that because of MC's. But you just have to handle it. I throw down a trap and mage tries to wrangle the next ones coming out. People have to be responsible for what they are doing and if they are unable to (because of a bad MC or whatever) someone needs to be in charge of calling that out. Having 6 people saying shit in vent ruins that fight. You need 1 tank negotiating taunts (or both if they are concise on vent). You need 1 of the ranged dps or the healer that goes out with them to make the judgement calls for adds. It's good for me as a dps because I know whether or not the mage and I have it under control or if "oh shit, melee get back here" needs to be called within seconds of something happening.

With 2 mages, MC's shouldn't be an issue with dragon's breath though.

king awesome on
    Bigsushi.fm
    Listen to our podcast, read our articles, tell us how much you hate it and how to make it better ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    For some reason, my mouseover Mind Freeze macro seems to be flaky as hell for interrupting MC'd people on Cho'gall.

forty on
  • Options
    RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    mattclem wrote: »
    Getting really irritated with Nef at the moment. We're *so* close - 35%ish - but just losing it on the adds in Phase 3. The annoying thing is that I can't offer any useful guidance 'cause I've got a dragon in my face.

What sort of movement pattern are the add kiters going for? Is it "Move far enough away when shadowflame hits the ground, then stand still and don't die", or is it "Keep moving to try to keep one step ahead of the skellies for as long as possible"?

There's slowing of the adds going on, and I'm not entirely clear if that's beneficial - on the one hand it makes it easier to take less damage while they're being kited, but on the other it means they take longer to get away from the flame.

Key to phase 3 is just the add kiting. As long as your add tank can get them to sleep at least once its done.

For my 10 man, p1 adds are (ideally) all slept at the front pillar. Nef is 60ish at start of p3. Our MT (DK) tanks Nef in the middle while the add tank (pally) runs around the outer circle with a one of our healers.

Our MT flips Nef 180 degrees if add tank is getting near Nef's head. Raid runs through Nef's stomach if flames get close.

Since our add tank is a silly goose who doesn't use addons, I call out on vent when shadowflame timer is at 5secs. We don't use any slows. I assume by the way we do this that pally just tanks the adds and starts running when I call the timer or if flames get near.

If you're in a 25 man, nm.

Rakeeth on
  • Options
    mattclemmattclem Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Rakeeth wrote: »
    Our MT flips Nef 180 degrees if add tank is getting near Nef's head. Raid runs through Nef's stomach if flames get close.

Is the tail not dangerous? It sometimes feels like that damn swipe can hit people in Stormwind.

mattclem on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I am thoroughly convinced that Al'Akir is the worst designed encounter in the game.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I am thoroughly convinced that Al'Akir is the worst designed encounter in the game.

I haven't done it yet, but...is it worse than Felmyst?

Samphis on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Samphis wrote: »

I haven't done it yet, but...is it worse than Felmyst?

Yes.

So much so.

The boss is just a massive pile of RNG death

Hope your tank is flawless.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I like that they are adding head and shoulder tokens to him just to get people to bother doing the fight :P

We've been skipping Throne since the loot is so terrible, though we may go in this week just to get the Al'Akir checkmark (we haven't killed him yet).

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Yeah my guild's specifically ignoring that place until we kill the other two bosses, since what's the point until then to get the checkmark for the mount/title since no one can use the loot from there.

Opty on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Al'Akir was actually our last boss down.

His council isn't so bad, mostly because its stupidly easy, but by the time you reach al'akir no one wants his gear anymore. It would be like making Nef drop gloves or something.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Al'Akir is actually the hardest 25-man boss, the design is so unfair/unfriendly. Our 25-man always just broke up into two 10-mans to kill him. We've never actually downed him on 25. But we haven't bothered with him for weeks now since it's pointless.

forty on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Al'Akir was actually our last boss down.

His council isn't so bad, mostly because its stupidly easy, but by the time you reach al'akir no one wants his gear anymore. It would be like making Nef drop gloves or something.

Yeah, Conclave of Winds is a joke. We only really made one attempt on Al'Akir but people couldn't dodge tornados. I think if we actually spent some time we'd get him easy though. But yeah, his loot is just terrible. I'd like to get him just so we can say we are 11/12 instead of 10/12 :P After that, fuck him until he starts dropping tokens I guess :)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    My guess is Blizzard designed the place with being pugged in mind with all the random loot and stuff, but then they screwed the pooch with the final boss and made it so no one wants to go in.

Opty on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I think to4t is like the least puggable of this tier. All mechanic and council fights.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.