As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Glossolalia presents: RADlands] Patch 2.0 drops, Pyros still underpowered

• Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    so wait what does the second pair of brackets on a weapon's damage mean? eg [W+1][+2: 5+,5+]

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    so wait what does the second pair of brackets on a weapon's damage mean? eg [W+1][+2: 5+,5+]

If you roll two 5's, a 5 and a 6, or two 6's, the weapon will proc and give +2 to damage.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Krosius wrote: »

If you roll two 5's, a 5 and a 6, or two 6's, the weapon will proc and give +2 to damage.

It automatically gives you +1 damage as well.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Makali Respecced!
    Physical: 1

Social: 3

Ads-

Hot [1]: You are super hot. You gain a +10 in non-Hard Conflict Social rolls against those who swing your way.

Androgyny [1]: Requires Hot. You raise uncomfortable questions in those around you. You may apply your Hot bonus to both genders.

Mental: 4

Ads-

Psycher [1]: You are a psycher, capable of utilizing powerful psychic disciplines. You may use RAD points to heal Mental Bruises on a one-to-one basis. When attacking with a Psycher power you may also opt to take any number Mental Bruises, boosting the damage you deal by an equal amount. In addition, you may purchase other Psycher Ads. Psychers may not take the Freaker or Robot Ads.

Telekinetic [Psycher][2]: You can move objects weighing up to (50 x Mental) pounds with your mind. You must be able to accurately perceive the objects. In addition, you may use your Mental in Physical Combat. Tetsuo Bonus: Your multiplier affects your dice rolls, and the amount of weight you can carry.

Force-Field [Psycher][1]: Requires Telekinetic. You have learned to block Physical attacks with your telekinesis. You gain (Mental x 1/2) Shields against Physical Bruises. In addition, you may choose to shift Physical Damage taken to your Mental stat. Tetsuo: Your Shields apply to both Bruises and Wounds, and your multiplier applies to your defense roll when using your telekinetic force-field and the amount of Shielding provided.

Tetsuo (Telekinetic) [Psycher][3]: Your brain bristles with psychic power, allowing you to push your abilities well beyond those of the average psycher. You gain a x2 multiplier for one of your psycher abilities - such as Telekinesis, Mind-Reading, Cryokinesis, etc - chosen when you purchase this Ad. You may purchase this Ad multiple times, each purchase may add a multiplier to a new psycher ability, or increase an already existing multiplier by +1. This multiplier affects different powers in different ways. If you increase your Mental Aspect, the cost of this Ad increases, and you must pay the difference.

Telepathic [Psycher][1]: You may telepathically communicate with other beings. You may automatically communicate with beings you may see, or with beings you know personally.

Trickster [Psycher][2]: Requires Telepathy. You are able to create convincing illusions in the minds of others. By beating the opponent in a Mental Soft Conflict, you may feed his senses false information. While under affected by your illusions, you may also engage in Mental Conflict with a target to deal Mental Bruises. Tetsuo Bonus: You may apply your multiplier to your dice rolls, and can inflict mental Wounds instead of Bruises.

Ods-

DeLarge ("Crystal water turns to dark

Where ere it's presence leaves it's mark

And boiling currents pound like drums

When something wicked this way comes... "[-2]: A tiny portion of your brain has been corrupted by the RAD, causing your mind to react violently to a single, specific "trigger" which could be a single word, the first three notes of a song, or even a hand-gesture. Upon experiencing the trigger, you immediately take 1 Mental Bruise. Repeated triggers deal damage each round, or each few seconds. Mind-Readers can discover your trigger with a TN (Mental x 3) Mental Test.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

ahh, but only if you roll two of those dice. Gotcha. I thought it had something to do with that.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hmmm, I think I might just turn T.H.M. into a mutant or freaker, would probably make him more viable as a combat character. Bah.

Dux on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I see the Hanged Man having super-agility since he's so much a weapon's user.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The Cap'n has been respecced. He's a little bit more of a swashbuckler now than just a illiterate robot with a speech impediment. Now he just needs to find some bottles to glass people with.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    am I right in thinking that having Huge and Finish It is kind of overdoing it?

cause if the enemy's physical is down to an effective 2, then your next hit would do them in anyway

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Lockout wrote: »
    am I right in thinking that having Huge and Finish It is kind of overdoing it?

cause if the enemy's physical is down to an effective 2, then your next hit would do them in anyway

no type of kill like overkill

Antimatter on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    overkill is the name of the game

e: hivemind

Squall on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    hmm how can I get tetsuo

Shabooty on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You cannot.

I am the Telekinesis Master.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Squall wrote: »
    overkill is the name of the game

e: hivemind

No. Robonet Connection
    WE ARE THE ROBOTS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXa9tXcMhXQ

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Can I change the phys/soc/ment to more closely fit my character?

Dux on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    what about the brain guy?

where did he go?

Shabooty on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    he's not sure if he wants to jump in yet, he needs to make sure he can post frequently enough

Squall on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Which brain guy?

Thor guy?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    See you homps tomorrow

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Would this be good?
    The Hanged Man

Physical: 4
    Social: 1
    Mental: 3

PhysAds:
    Brutal Attack [2] Tough [3] Mutant [2] Super-Agility [Robot/Mutant][4x1]
    SocAds:
    Intimidate [1]Renown [1]
    MentAds

SocOds:
    Pariah [-3] Terrible Liar [-1]
    MentOds:
    Compulsion: Alcoholism [-1] Compulsion: Nicotine Addiction [-1]

Dux on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Natural Armor [Robot/Mutant][1]: Your body includes some form of natural or built-in protection, be it armor plating, a chitinous exoskeleton, thick fur, or a leather hie. You gain 1 Armor against Physical Bruises and Wounds. You may take this Ad multiple times.

does this regenerate or no?

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    don't know, tetsuoing out trickster might be fun

but I'm not gonna try to get everything I want with this respec

Shabooty on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I believe armor just reduces any and all damage you take.

ie. You take 2 damage, have 1 armor, you take only 1 damage

The next turn, you take 4 damage, still have 1 armor, take only 3 damage. And so on and so forth.

EDIT: Damage Resistance, basically.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    That makes natural armor amazingly awesome

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It does, they are supposed to be real combat monsters though.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I know how armor works, I was just thinking that spending an Ad point to negate one point of damage once was kind of a shitty deal

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah holy shit, isn't natural armor like a million times better than tough?

That seems overpowered for 1 point.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    If that's how it works, I know where my last Ad point is going.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    it says nothing about regenerating guys

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It doesn't regenerate because it never deteriorates, Correct?

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Neither does it say it disappears, either.

Reading the rules it specifies that shielding is used up as it absorbs damage. It says no such thing for Armor, if armor depleted as it took damage there would be no reason to differentiate it from shielding.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm pretty sure that dead said that armor works like damage resistance while shielding has charges.

The issue is that, for the same number of Ad points that tough costs, you can get 3 dmg resistance. How is this balanced?

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Armor usually has Charges that are depleted per one point of damage

the way Natural Armor is worded is incongruous with the way Armor in this game works

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    oh apparently the Shielding area of the rules has been changed to Protection, didn't see that

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    so ok, what used to be Hard Shielding and Soft Shielding are now Armor and Shielding

and Shielding works how Gear Armor works

Natural Armor makes sense, nevermind

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So it does act like damage resistance?

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm kinda wanting to get RAD Specialization, but I'm wondering just how general or specific it has to be

for example, could I make a specialization such as "altering mass"?
    wanna turn Chuck into a mass relay 8-)

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So it does act like damage resistance?

yes

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    R.B.'s respec
    Physical 4 [x2]
    Ads - Mutant [2], Mutant Supreme [2], Brutal Attack [2], Huge [2], Tough [3], Lethal Strike [1], Natural Armor III [3]
    Ods - Monster [-4], Mute [-2]

Social 2
    Ads - Muad'dib [1]
    Ods - Awkward [-1]

Mental 2
    Ods - Illiterate [-1], Phobia (Embarassment) [-1]

dropped DeLarge and like three Ads, picked up Lethal Strike, Muad'dib, and some Natural Armor

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Totally getting Natural Armor.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.