As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]ihuana

ElkiElki get busyModerator, ClubPA mod
edited February 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
marihuana_poster_01.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
Elki on

• Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    Elki wanna toke up?

Sheep on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Shooting up weed erryday.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Repost!
    Variable wrote: »
    vh I sorta want to know more about what you don't like about talking about media criticism or what have you

if you don't mind talking about it.

to me the discussion is like half the fun.
    Well, in a lot of cases I'm not particularly interested in discussing media criticism.

Mostly, though, there was a period of my life where I was the guy who thought less of people because they listened to music I considered shitty. I sort of had an epiphany when I realized that I couldn't really defend some of the music I listen to, but I liked it anyway, at which point it became obvious to me that people who judge others based on music preference, of all things, are insufferable pricks.

At that point, I was still interacting with (mostly on the internet) people who did that, to the extent where most of the time when someone criticized some kind of music, they were being a massive douchebag about it.

That's when I left the Adult Swim message boards, pretty much. :P

In any case, I now enjoy an extremely wide variety of music, movies, and books that other people consider shitty or mediocre or what have you. My problem is when people express their opinion in objective terms, like "X music sucks" or "Y movie is the worst shit to ever be shit out of a butt". I'm a lot less sensitive about people who say "I don't really like X" or "Y isn't really for me", because it implies an understanding that their opinion is something personal and not some objective truth.

The problem is that on the internet, people use "X is shitty" all the time. Most of the time I'm able to contain my irritation, since I know that most people don't mean it that way, but I'm only human and sometimes I let my annoyance get the best of me.

For the record, though, if any of you really do believe that enjoying certain bands legitimately makes someone a worse person, you're an insufferable silly goose.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Background bit number one: So there's this girl in my choir class I kind of asked out a while ago; I found out the next day that she had a boyfriend, but since we just got pizza I managed to make it out to be no big deal. We agreed to be friends at that point, but honestly we haven't talked that much. Occasionally, sure, but we're not remotely close.
    Background bit number two: I go to school in Blacksburg, which is very cold and windy right now (the temperature is mildly unusual, but the city's windier than fucking Chicago). If you're not wearing a closed coat, you're going to get cold very fast.

Anyway, today I got a large slice of pizza in a cardboard to-go container, and ate about half of it before choir. I was trying to zip up my coat before I went outside, but I was walking with people and I didn't want to leave them, so I couldn't put my pizza down. Soon enough, we got outside, and I commented to Paige that having her hair down suited her (she usually wears a semi-ponytail). That progressed into an ordinary conversation, and after a couple of times breaking off in mid-sentence because of a sudden gust of freezing wind on my torso and/or hands, I decided to put the pizza box in my mouth and finally zip up my damn coat. Paige said that I looked silly like that, and I cracked up, saying (through the box) "Oh, really, I thought this was normal!" We both started laughing really hard and saying things like "I see it all the time!", though it took me only a couple dozen seconds to zip up. Then I said "I'm using it as a fashion accessory, it's all the rage" which set off another bout of laughter (though we never really stopped laughing after I started). Then, alas, she went to her dorm, and I continued to mine.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Do they..shoot it up?

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    What is with you and these posters, Elki?

This is almost as bad as Than's 80s chats.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    the fuck? you can inject weed?

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Shit I want that as a poster for my room.

Actually that would make a perfect birthday gift for some of my friends.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I just installed Microsoft Security Essentials, the first anti-viral solution I've had on my computer since I reformatted months ago, and it found nothing.

I guess my habits are beauteous perfection.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    thanks for taking the time VH. I totally get where you're coming from.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Chevy Chase did!

Preacher wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    I just can't believe that a court that size, with thousands of people in it every day, that there is not a lactation room.

Oh, there is.

It's called your fucking car.

I love titties, but for some reason when they are feeding babies, its like "Cover that shit up lady."

The asshole half of me says that I can't excrete my bodily fluids when and where ever I want so why should a woman.

The reasonable half of me says that titties aren't always a sexual thing and I tend to not be fascinated by children sucking on a knob so it wouldn't bother me.

Guess it depends on if I've had my coffee or not.

Sheep on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Kakos if I could help you I would but I can't so all I can do is suggest listening to uplifting youtube videos and/or calling 1-800-SUICIDE.

I don't know you well but it would still suck to lose you. <3

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2010

30s.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Joe Rogan wrote:
    The first thing we have to do is get rid of all the people who like animals more than people. Those fucking traitors. They have to go!

These same people who would not lift a finger to help someone will go to a whale beaching, “Oh he’s so beautiful! So innocent! We have to save him.”

Does it ever occur to anyone that maybe the whales who beach themselves are like, the retards of the whale community?

I mean, it stands to reason.. if there are dumb people, there’s got to be dumb whales. Maybe it’s like…

“Hey man. You’re getting rrreeeeeaaaaaaalllllllllll close to those rocks there…”

"Shut Up Fag I know what I'm doing."

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    My favorite bit is SMOKE IN YOUTH'S EYES

Oh noooooo not smoke in their eyes oooooooh noooooooooooo

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Damn, MSE is really nice. It's so lightweight, the most lightweight anti-viral solution I've ever used. I'm experiencing no slow down while I complete another scan.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Do they..shoot it up?

Well that's what addicts do. Also the various anti-MJ movies also tended to love the idea that if you gave a black man some weed, he'd turn into a violent rapist. I'm not sure I've ever met a stoner who had the motivation to become violent let alone the effort needed to become a proper rapist.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    WEIRD ORGIES!

I also love how there is a syringe there. Like, were people shooting weed back in the day?

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sheep I think it's more that seeing a baby sucking on a titty is just like not sexy, and I want tits to always be sexy (well except for tania hardings, dear god that woman her boobs *shiver*)

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    500x_ei15w.jpg

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Joe Rogan wrote:
    The first thing we have to do is get rid of all the people who like animals more than people. Those fucking traitors. They have to go!

These same people who would not lift a finger to help someone will go to a whale beaching, “Oh he’s so beautiful! So innocent! We have to save him.”

Does it ever occur to anyone that maybe the whales who beach themselves are like, the retards of the whale community?

I mean, it stands to reason.. if there are dumb people, there’s got to be dumb whales. Maybe it’s like…

“Hey man. You’re getting rrreeeeeaaaaaaalllllllllll close to those rocks there…”

"Shut Up Fag I know what I'm doing."

Ahaha that is great.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Damn, MSE is really nice. It's so lightweight, the most lightweight anti-viral solution I've ever used. I'm experiencing no slow down while I complete another scan.

it's weird you're saying all this when I installed it because of you

it's like you knew the right answer but didn't know why

anyway yeah I have never had a virus problem, even going months without any antivirus, but I have MSE now and it's nice.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    What is with you and these posters, Elki?

This is almost as bad as Than's 80s chats.

Man, you can't hate on the posters I've been posting. They're great.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    500x_ei15w.jpg

Your package is on an ADVENTURE!

Coming this Fall from Pixar!

Kagera on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    500x_ei15w.jpg

We've had that happen with some shipments. Always worth a laugh.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010

I've found the same thing with it. Thing put Norton to shame.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    i'm about to take a bong hit actually

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I am writing a letter of explanation to a traffic court, who do I address it to?

To Whom it May Concern seems shitty. But I don't actually know who will be reading it. Is it really a judge? If it is do you go for "Your Honor"?

Someone help me for reals. I am not going to call the judge any homosexual euphemism.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My package isn't being delivered today due to adverse weather conditions.

Nevermind that it only started to lightly snow a half an hour ago and they usually deliver around 4PM. The entire day was clear.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    WEIRD ORGIES!

I also love how there is a syringe there. Like, were people shooting weed back in the day?

I wish I could shoot up Lust. Bet that totally gets you off.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Man I just KNOW there are Guido whales.

All slicked back tooth-hairs and swimming while flexing.

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i'm about to take a bong hit actually

you fucker

I need to rescue my bong. we always kept it in my uncle's attic because it was the safest place, but he passed away a few months ago and it's just been up there all alone ever since.

but check this out it's pretty cool, my friend is friends with one of the dudes who invented it so we have a couple in our group now

http://theincredibowl.com/site/?page_id=306

Variable on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    WEIRD ORGIES!

just make sure there are no pets in the house.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

anyway yeah I have never had a virus problem, even going months without any antivirus, but I have MSE now and it's nice.

My mind is a conduit for Truth. It passes into my mind and inhabits it.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    OK, so how is Funny People as a movie night film (with other people)? Yay/nay? Jennifer's Body?

I think I'll save A Serious Man for solo viewing.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    WEIRD ORGIES!

just make sure there are no pets in the house.

Or, as Pony has proven, large stuffed animals.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I am writing a letter of explanation to a traffic court, who do I address it to?

To Whom it May Concern seems shitty. But I don't actually know who will be reading it. Is it really a judge? If it is do you go for "Your Honor"?

Someone help me for reals. I am not going to call the judge any homosexual euphemism.

Look I'm not going to respond this kind of fishing.

If you need help use google.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dances with Wolves won an Oscar for best picture. How fucking high was the god damn academy when they decided that? Is that one that they just meant to fuck with us with?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

My mind is a conduit for Truth. It passes into my mind and inhabits it.

does that hurt

Variable on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Elki wrote: »
    OK, so how is Funny People as a movie night film (with other people)? Yay/nay? Jennifer's Body?

I think I'll save A Serious Man for solo viewing.

Well it's not going to be laugh out loud uproarious or anything.

Jennifer Body's will TRY to be that, but it's hit or miss.

Kagera on
This discussion has been closed.