Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Week o Games, 2/28: Mega Man 10, Bad Company 2, Sonic Classic, MLB 2k10 and The Show

slash000slash000 Registered User regular
edited March 2010 in Games and Technology

Another week, another 7 days of new game releases!

Welcome to the 104 edition of G&T's newly traditional "Weekly Games Release Thread!" - Week 2/28/10 - 3/6/10 !

Where we discuss what we're looking forward to, what we're going to buy, and what we're just now realizing is being released this week that we had forgotten about!

NDS

180555b.jpg

Sonic Classic Collection

180423b.jpg

Major League Baseball 2K10

180450b.jpg

Alice in Wonderland

VT Tennis

Deca Sports DS (i thought this was last week?)

Crazy Garage
Party Designer
Battle of Giants: Mutant Insects
Spongebob's Boating Bash

PC

647589b.jpg

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Fallout Trilogy

Alganon

N.E.O. Online

Silent Hunter V: Battle of the Atlantic

Supreme Commander 2

Clover: A Curious Tale

Machinarium

PS2

MLB 10: The Show

PS3

270358b.jpg

270328b.jpg

270478b.jpg

PSP

190971b.jpg

Dante's Inferno

190985b.jpg

Lunar: Silver Star Harmony

190005b.jpg

191332b.jpg

Wii

mm10logo.jpg

Mega Man 10

230383b.jpg

City Builder

Alice in Wonderland

Build-a-Bear: Friendship Valley

Spongebob's Boating Bash

Xbox360

200634b.jpg

200047b.jpg

Lips: Party Classics

200022b.jpg

Toy Soldiers

Pretty good week!

The NDS gets the Sonic Classic Collection, which has Sonic 1 thru Knuckles, plus lock-on, and save anywhere.

The HD systems/PC get BattleField Bad Company 2, the newest EA big multiplayer war shooter.

Everybody gets at least 1 kind of Major League Baseball game, be it 2k10 or The Show.

PSP gets Dante's Inferno, as well as Lunar Silver Star Harmony.

360 gets a new iteration of the Lips singing/karaoke whatever game that seems pretty popular.

And last but not least..

mman10img.jpg

Mega Man 10 for WiiWare comes out this week. Other platforms to come later in the month.

SO GET YOUR PEW PEW ON

slash000 on

• Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    This is why the Wii is the lead platform this gen. Less then 20 hours left.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Less than 20 hours left.

MegaManDance.gif

slash000 on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    This is why the Wii is the lead platform this gen. Less then 20 hours left.

Because of a game a very small fraction of its user base will buy?

Anyways, MM10 looks cool but I still haven't beaten 9 yet so I'm gonna give it a pass

UnbreakableVow on
    edited February 2010
    Xenogears of Bore on
  • JerikTelorianJerikTelorian Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So Silent Hunter 5 is going to be the first game released with Ubi's new Online Services Platform, and I'm interested to see how it will be recieved. If you want to see a bunch of super-duper silly geese pissing and moaning about it (as well as reviews of how it's working), you can check SubSim.com forums. I think someone from here recommended the place for SH3/4 mods, but lately I've just been yelling at them for not understanding the concept of an auth server :(

EDIT: This really sounds like a pitch but it's not I swear. D:

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    XBL: LiquidSnake2061
    Shade wrote: »
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
    edited March 2010
    Less then 14 hours remain.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    About the DS sonic collection, what does lock on mean?

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
    XBL and PSN: AnOffday
    edited March 2010
    Sonic 3 and Knuckles
    Knuckles the Echidna in Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    Blue Sphere

That's what it means.

This port is supposedly TERRIBLE.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    How can they mess up a port? HOW?

I use the Mega Collection Gamecube when I want to play old Sonic, but I was really hoping this, with the 'lock-on', and save anywhere (oh thank god) would be awesome. Hell, I only heard about this just now. So how did they mess it up?

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You can't just say something like "BAD PORT" and not explain it. Out with it!

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • StericaSterica Wow! That was shit.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    Hey, let's not be disgraceful.

Use the proper, glorious box art for the blue bomber.
    Megaman10.jpg

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I almost don't wanna get it just because (I think) that's Protoman on the cover

And that reminds me of the Protomen

*shudders*

UnbreakableVow on
  • StericaSterica Wow! That was shit.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    And Sonic ports have a history of failure. The GBA one was especially vile.

Yet plenty of fans have their own ports that are vastly superior.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Re: the Sonic port. You can't really "save anywhere;" you can save at any time but when you reload, you're back at the beginning of the level (though this could be handy if you're trying to get Chaos Emeralds, depending on whether the rings/goal posts/giant rings reset when you reload). Also, the DS screen resolution doesn't match up well with the Genesis, so the screen view is slightly squashed/stretched (if you have a PSP, think of the fullscreen view you get with PSOne Classics from PSN, except not quite as bad).

There are reports of minor slowdown, but I don't know how bad it really is.

And there's no Blue Sphere, but I don't know if that's really a big deal (I've played it maybe four or five times as a curiosity, but it's not really fun to do Sonic 3 special stages over and over and over again).

One thing in its favor, it was apparently done by someone other than Backbone. (Someone says it was done by the Creative Assembly, whoever they are.) I'd wait for reviews and, better yet, video footage if you're iffy.

Norfair on
  • NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sorry to double-post, but somebody is starting to put up video (unfortunately it's somewhat low-quality shaky handheld video) of that Sonic Collection on YouTube.

The videos so far show very little slowdown and good sound emulation, so, yeah. The only issues with this one are the slight screen-squashing and the completely removed multiplayer stages. It's not a repeat of Sonic Genesis. And unlike their console collections, the games are unlocked from the start, so there's no ridiculous requirements to play anything like "launch each game 50 times" or that kind of stuff.

Kind of a pleasant surprise, might be worth getting cheap down the road.

edit: Here is said shaky-cam footage of Sonic 1. Some video of Green Hill Zone Act 1, plus a Special Stage. The guy's voice is kind of grating but nobody else seems to have much video up yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkVR67AhGAw

Norfair on