As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Glossolalia presents: RADlands] At the Mountains of RADness

• Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Shabooty wrote: »
    oh, and your modok is intriguing, de?ad

I've been waiting so long for someone to say that.

Also, yeah, injuries healed for Mayfield.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    err

whatever, I'm game

Shabooty on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Neo, you me and Firetruck need to figure us out a way to earn some more ad points to catch up with everyone else. We got one while everyone else got like four!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I didn't want to sound bitter BUT YEA, WE TOTALLY DID THAT SUCKS

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    EVERYONE DO FLIPS AND SHIT, JUMP THIS MOTHER TRUCKER OFF A RAMP

NeoToma on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm not even saying we didn't deserve it.

I mean, I in particular did literally nothing, and even you guys just had one (albeit difficult) fight.

It's just that now we gotta kick this shit up a notch!

I was sort of hoping that DE?AD was gonna play off of the grocery store I made up out the blue and have there be like raiders there or something so that it started shaping into a proper mission, but oh well.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'd say the initial Mayfield team had two pretty difficult fights! We also got 1 ad point.

Squall on
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    [Mayfield]
    Phys 4(x2) Soc 2 Ment 2
    Weapon: [W+1][+2][B:6,6]
    Weapon(Brutal): [W+2][+4: +5, +5]

Jayce begins to feel the tingle running up his spine that something bad is about to happen. His stomach does back-flips, not because of the sensation, but because of the fear of what new nightmares will be wrought on his body.

"Uh, yeah, that's sounds choice bro. I'll just uh, you know where the crapper is? Wait, no, I know! Haha! I'll just go, you know, crap." Jayce turns and slithers down the hall a ways, but turns back, "don't come no matter what you hear. It's just...well I ate one of those sandwiches we found, you see. Yeah, so. Violent shits." and with that last whisper, Jayce hurriedly slithers down the hall.

As his scales slide across the tile, Jayce can already feel his right arm begin to buckle, and the sleeve of his jacket swell.

Oh you fucker. You're going to ruin this jacket again aren't you. God dammit! Now where the fuck is the shitter?! God, just! ARRRRRRGGGGG- "-GGGGHHH! AAAAAAAAAAAH!" Jayce whispers, as his entire right sleeve explodes in a violent spasm of flesh. His arm looks like a roiling mass of shining black bone, as parts of his arm either fall uselessly to the floor, or retreat to the interior of what is quickly becoming chitin shell.

The black chitin takes shape, flowing to create an arm in which the upper arm obeys the appearance of a normal human's arm were it covered in black chitin, speckled with small spikes ending in dark purple points. While the lower arm and hand have been replaced by a giant crab claw. The fixed finger of the claw is thin, and much longer than the dactyl (movable finger of the claw), and possesses a sharpened edge much like a katana. Organic swirls of purple haunt its chitinous black surface.

Jayce has gained: Natural Weapon(Brutal) [2]

Jayce has only a moment to marvel at the altered appendage before it feels as if his face had been punched by the fucking evil spirits of Mumm-Ra. He only has a moment for a shallow gasp of surprise as his skull from his nose to his hair-line swells to erupt from below the skin, and cover his face with a sea-shell like growth.

Jayce has gained: Blind [-1]

But darkness does not rule him. As the image of his surroundings slowly stretches out around him in the appearance of a hazy blue. As if the smurfs had built the hospital out of their dead, and it was really fucking hot.

This time, Jayce understands his electroreceptive view more. There is an instinctive quality to it, as if his surroundings are understood with intuitive predilection. His movements, more fluid. His judgement, more confident.

Jayce has gained:Brutal Attack [2], Sneak Attack [2]

With his five fingered hand, Jayce runs his claws slowly, sadly across his shelled visage.

"When? When is enough enough?!" he hisses to the decrepit building.

Jayce then goes through the hospital, searching for linen bandages. Should he find it, he wraps his Clawtana mummy-style along with his shelled face, and then looks for a sling for broken arms. He puts that on, resting the warped arm in it.

Okay, so, the story is you were taking a shit, and....you...fell? You tripped and..damn't no! You can't trip on shit anymore you got a damn eel tail. Fuck. Then...okay, you....tell the truth.

Jayce rejoins the group in the lobby.

"I....uh. Didn't have to go after all. False alarm."

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Squall wrote: »
    I'd say the initial Mayfield team had two pretty difficult fights! We also got 1 ad point.

Yeah but you guys also got the shit kicked out of you and took a really long time to finish.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    fuck those lions

Shabooty on
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    NeoToma wrote: »
    In one of the earlier campaigns Farth had a magical adventure in the Ship's closet with tommy. He was had a medical braclet and a was and excaped sexual predator?

Farth was just crazy

Locth was the one with the bracelet registering him as a sexual deviant

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Lockout wrote: »
    NeoToma wrote: »
    In one of the earlier campaigns Farth had a magical adventure in the Ship's closet with tommy. He was had a medical braclet and a was and excaped sexual predator?

Farth was just crazy

Locth was the one with the bracelet registering him as a sexual deviant

Farth was either crazy or he was like a secret agent pretending to be crazy or something.

Either way, that closet was just terrible.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ahaha I love Jayce

also: every character will eventually become a crustacean

you heard it here first

Squall on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [Mayfield]Phys 2 ||COLOR="Red"][/COLOR Soc 2 COLOR="Red"][/COLOR Ment 4 COLOR="Red"][/COLOR [/B][/COLOR

[Heavy Lifter]

"You, I'm not even sure I have a digestive tract."

Shabooty on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    arthropods everywhere

Squall on
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So, I'm wondering about the stats of Dan's revolver. It started mainly as fluff but then I had a ton of rad so I got some ammo, but the stats for the weapon were never stated. Maybe just a Revolver [W][6,6][+1]?

[Mayfield]
    Dan pats Henry on the back. "Ya saved our asses agin' Henry. That's twice in less n' a hour. Not sure how I'll ever repay ya, but I 'preciate all that ya dun fer me. Yer a good man. A good deputy to have." Dan turns to the doctor and holds up the hypodermic needle. "What exactly is this, doc?"

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Haha!

I'm pretty proud of Clawtana.

Now with Super-Agility, Brutal Weapon, Brutal Attack, and Sneak Attack, Jayce is going to hit like a fucking truck. Doubly so if the enemy is caught by surprise.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ffff time for bed

goodnight gloss thread, I'll make a post tomorrow at work

Squall on
  • Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    [Mayfield] - (Lil' Chuck) Phys (3) Soc (2) Ment (3) RAD \\||-- BS||

Prematurely awakened from his slumber, Lil' Chuck rubs his eyes and crawls out of bed

Nope, still here

As he plants his feet on the floor Chuck realizes everything seems... slightly clearer. Almost as if he has more control over his dream, and maybe if he really set his mind to things he could control it somehow

Chuck gains RADiation Tolerance [1]: You are more capable of controlling the RAD that has seeped into your form. Your personal RAD Cap increases by 1. This RADAd may be taken multiple times.
    Chuck gains RAD Font [Freaker][2]: You gain one RAD for every two 6s you roll on Dickery Tests. This Ad stacks with RADrenaline.

He wanders down the hall, still somewhat groggy, and walks in on all the grown-ups talking about something.

Seems important.

At the mention of the beasts outside Chuck decides to speak up, "Don't worry everyone, I can protect us from the nightmares! My parent's taught me not to be afraid of monsters and so I'm not!" A shit-eating grin pops across his face at the thought of getting to beat up more bad guys.

Just like Batman!

Chuck gains No Fear [1]: You aren't afraid of no ghosts, or most anything else either, really. You gain a +2 Dice Bonus to resist intimidation and other fear effects.

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm thinking Cynosure and Gear Specialization:Revolvers.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    [Camp]

"His name is Oliver dammit", Jimothy says, lifting the worm's head to Syd's face

"Look now you made him sad"

Jimothy is literally holding this slimy thing like, two inches away from Syd's face

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Syd's erotic adventures!

More like.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Man Jayce is awesome as heck. I can't really think of what to do with my last 3 ad points, either focused defense and no fear to help make up for the phys 1, or try and research some subneural ads (kinda tough when all I've got to work with so far is ??? [L] though.)

vidURL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UxYHvsoKNI"]Mayfield[/vidURL
    [Henry Phys 1 Soc 4 Ment 2 RAD BS||||||]

I'm concerned how the rest of the group will take Dr. Adler's revelations, I hadn't exactly planned for him to reveal everything, but it seems like something he needs to get off his chest. Things will work out.

Oblivious to the organic crunches and clicks coming from the hallway Jayce fled to, I speak up. "I think staying the night and resting a bit more would be for the best, we didn't fare so well against the Hyenish before, and it will give us time to properly collect and sort the supplies we want to bring surface-side."

[Henry->Cecil: Oh holy moly, this new UI is Aces.]

[Anyway, I think we're finished down here, we got as much medical supplies as we can carry and found a few people who might be coming back up with us. We're going to spend the night though, so don't expect us too soon.]

[Also, I... talked to Cassandra I think. She said to meet her somewhere. I'm going to be leaving Raider Camp soon. :(]

[Get back to me when you get a chance, I'm going to spend some time checking out my new subneural whatsits so I'll be around for a while.]

Noting the still blinking Message, I drag the mail window into the center of my vision and open it.

Henry gains [Code of Nonviolence][Soc][Cynosure][2]

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Dubh wrote: »
    Cecil is coming with us, right?

[Raider Camp]

Dusty hauls some food supplies aboard the Mothertrucker and locks Cecil in the fish tank. "All aboarrrrrd," says Dusty over the intercom, accompanied by a tug on the horn. "Calling Lieutenant, the Wizard, our Rogue, Professor, and Jen for depa-a-a-arture. Snacks provided for riders of Mothertrucker."

The vehicle shakes to life- shattering all nearby windows.

"Hey Dusty, could I get my snack to go?", Jimothy says with the cutiest expression he can manage while still holding up a bigass sandworm on his head

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    also, Cecil should probably work on doing the same shit as henry

it would be sick if the mothertrucker could get a built in UI

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    So a weapon doesn't have a number of charges anymore, right? Or am I just completely confused about weapons?

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Jayce is really the creepiest mutant <3
    Syd leans away from the worm gagging.

"Ewwwwww, how come everything that doesn't want to kill us is completely gross! Or Weird. Or actually does want to kill us."

"Put that..."oliver" in my face again and I'll feed him to Cecil."

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [Mayfield]Phys 2 ||COLOR="Red"][/COLOR Soc 2 COLOR="Red"][/COLOR Ment 4 COLOR="Red"][/COLOR [/B][/COLOR
    [Heavy Lifter]

"Well doctor, I don't think I quite know what's going on. But, if Henry trusts you, I trust you."

Shabooty on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [East]

"Syd", Jimothy says, taking the worm off his head, "Cecil is the fish"

"And plus, Oliver is totally cute, in a worm-y kinda way"

"Am I right Jen?"

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    So a weapon doesn't have a number of charges anymore, right? Or am I just completely confused about weapons?

Yea they do. Special weapons anyway. Melee weapons for the most part don't unless they're weird.

For example: Silver-plated Revolver][W+2][+2 B: 6,6][||--]

Normally it does (if i win the roll)it does 1 wound +2 damage that doesn't take any charges. But if i roll two sixes(6,6) it does additional damage (1+2+2)at the cost of a charge(which i have two of)

[Sydney McGee] Phys (2) \\\ l Soc (2) Ment (4x2)
    color=lime]ll---[/color
    [Mega-Brain](1 rank)
    [Whore's Armor] (+1 to social where applicable)

Syd rolls her eyes, "Well duh, cecil is a fish. Fish eat worms. Maybe if we feed him oliver he'll evolve into a super-fish! Mutants seem to do that a lot."

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Jen hates phallic objects, Tommy.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    that's the joke

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well....you. Your face is the joke! So, ha!

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [East]

"I would suggest you stop insulting the worm", Jimothy whispers, "I've seen this guy do some scary stuff"

"I wonder if he could eat you whole? It's something to think about, at least"

Hey dead, how big is Oliver anyway?

Also, does he have the same stats as a regular sand worm?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    also, Stylo is such a great song you guys

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Pretty sure Oliver could split Syd in half.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    WRONG ANIME

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The worm just jumps over jimothy's head, eating her in one gulp

not chewing, mind you

Syd all thrashing around like "GET ME OUT OF HERE IT'S LIKE A WET SLEEPING BAG"

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [Mayfield]
    Phys 4(x2) Soc 2 Ment 2
    Weapon: [W+1][+2][B:6,6]
    Weapon(Brutal): [W+2][+4: +5, +5]

"So I guess we wait it out till those Hyena guys, right? Well, that's cool then. I've already slept a good bit though. Doc, if you could do a bro a solid, could you point me to where the most choice medical supplies an apocalyptic camp might need? I'll go start loading up gurney's with the stuff." Jayce whispers.

He looks lost in thought a moment, then speaks again, "Hey, the ambulance wouldn't happen to have survived the Crash, would it?"

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    [Wagons East]

Dusty pats Oliver on the head. "Cute suggestion vrrrkrrry srrrcksrrrl. Not viable. Mothertrucker much fastrrrr and can fly. Worms will follo-o-ow more quickly without rider. Could be useful later."

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
This discussion has been closed.